• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I love the idea of Megaman being in Brawl.

I'm mainly pro-X, though. X has way more abilities and potential than Classic Megaman, in addition to being the latest official incarnation of Megaman in the main series, although either one is great.
yay another pro X person!
How is he the latest official incarnation of Megaman?
I'm referring to the main character in the main series (not counting the spinoffs). He's the last of Dr. Light's creations, which makes him the latest incarnation of Megaman. Zero doesn't count, because he wasn't created by Dr. Light, and he's not a Megaman either. "Megaman Zero" is just the title of his games, simply to let people know that his series takes place in the Megaman universe. He's not an actual true-blue Megaman.

The kids from ZX don't count either. They're just a bunch of brats in costumes. I pine for the day when we can play as an actual Megaman again.
technicaly, the lastest main stream megaman is legends ,time line wise, as he was after the age of X and zero, and is a "megaman". but legends hasnt been getting alot of attention production wise, so until we get legends three, I wouldnt expect him in a smash game. I expect X and classic the most since EXE. is dead and starfail.....do I even have to explain it?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I just wanted to share a cross-stitching my girlfriend sewed for me on my birthday. Thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

nice, can get any better than that man. i think its safe to say we're all jealous.

Well, its been proven time and time again that sakurai cannot be predicted. so mega man will be confirmed for brawl.....whenever

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
In the latest issue of GamePro, under "New Challengers! 7 Fighters We Want To See"
Mega Man is 1st on the list,

Quote,
"The blue bomber is just as influential a mascot as Snake and Sonic, with an impressive weapon to boot. With the ability to charge shots or assume defeated enemies' powers, mega Man is a worthy opponent."

Nice.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
I'm referring to the main character in the main series (not counting the spinoffs). He's the last of Dr. Light's creations, which makes him the latest incarnation of Megaman. Zero doesn't count, because he wasn't created by Dr. Light, and he's not a Megaman either. "Megaman Zero" is just the title of his games, simply to let people know that his series takes place in the Megaman universe. He's not an actual true-blue Megaman.

The kids from ZX don't count either. They're just a bunch of brats in costumes. I pine for the day when we can play as an actual Megaman again.
Trigger...
Trigger is the last "true" megaman...
Not X...
And Zero is A Megaman...but not of the blue bomber variety...
Model X is X's...soul???in a biometal so technically anyone wearing Model X is A megaman...
And after 4-8 thousand more years comes Trigger...
Good ol Trigger...
DASH 3...
RAAAAGGGHHH...
Stupid money-hungry Capcom!!!
Not willing to take a risk!!!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

The last true Megaman depends on if you refer to the last creation of Dr.Light (X), or the last Blue Bomber in the main timeline (Trigger). Personally I'll go with the latter.

But I agree with you on Zero and the ZX kids. As far as I'm concerned Vent, Aile, Grey, and Ashe are only Megaman in name, not true Blue Bombers. And yes, I too long for the day when we can once again take up arms alongside Megaman, X, or Trigger.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The last true Megaman depends on if you refer to the last creation of Dr.Light (X), or the last Blue Bomber in the main timeline (Trigger). Personally I'll go with the latter.

But I agree with you on Zero and the ZX kids. As far as I'm concerned Vent, Aile, Grey, and Ashe are only Megaman in name, not true Blue Bombers. And yes, I too long for the day when we can once again take up arms alongside Megaman, X, or Trigger.
Being created by Dr. Light doesn't make you Megaman, Cut Man and Proto Man aren't Megaman

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Being created by Dr. Light doesn't make you Megaman, Cut Man and Proto Man aren't Megaman
I believe everyone knows that I meant the last Blue Bomber creation. Although...if you count powered up, I suppose you could say the Robot Masters, Protoman, and even Roll are "Megaman" in the same sense as Zero and the ZX kids.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh* I hate it when people argue for the sake of arguing. You know he is refering to the creations of Dr Light that take the name of "Mega Man" Cut Man and Proto Man are not the same names as Mega Man.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*Sigh* I hate it when people argue for the sake of arguing. You know he is refering to the creations of Dr Light that take the name of "Mega Man" Cut Man and Proto Man are not the same names as Mega Man.
I'm saying X ain't really "Megaman" using the logic that one person back was implying

elee88

Smash Cadet
more like megaman>sonic>krystal>geno>ashley>>>ridley

classic megaman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X > other forms of megaman known

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
QFT
I'm saying X ain't really "Megaman" using the logic that one person back was implying
hes not classic no, but he is a "megaman". just like chibi megaman(if he is a seperate character) is or legends. they are all "megamen". however people like star phail arnt megaman in almost any sense. he is a combination of a radio wave and a home schooled kid...not even close to what X, classic, and legends are.
Sonic > Mega Man > Krystal > Ridley > Geno > Ashley

Classic Mega Man > X > Chibi Mega Man
megaman>Ridley>Ray01>Isaac>Krystal>sonic>snake>everyone else.
X>classic>legends>every other form(no chibi, please no)your point?

more like megaman>sonic>krystal>geno>ashley>>>ridley

classic megaman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X > other forms of megaman known
look at my reply above this.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
the only "megamen" in my opinion are classic and X, but every one has their opinions, no sense in arguing over it.

anyone hoping for a mega man update tonight?

EDIT: another update, that is full of fail:(

Midboss

Smash Cadet
I am VERY pro-Mega Man. I personally would prefer classic Mega Man, followed by EXE, given that EXE would have a distinctly different style from BOTH classic and X, rather than just being a different skin like X over classic would be. Actually, I have a topic somewhat like this on GameFAQs still, with a full moveset posted. If anyone's interested in seeing the moveset, here's a link.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Technically...
The title Megaman falls on the incarnations of Rock...
That would be classic, X, Cyber-elf X, Model X (the biometal, not the person), and Trigger...
MM Zero=MM=X>Ridley>Ganon>Geno>SpacePirate>Ray01>Falco>Krystal...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
the only "megamen" in my opinion are classic and X, but every one has their opinions, no sense in arguing over it.

anyone hoping for a mega man update tonight?

EDIT: another update, that is full of fail:(
And yet again, bluebomber gives me a good laugh before i go off for the dreaded college education, lol:chuckle:

Technically...
The title Megaman falls on the incarnations of Rock...
That would be classic, X, Cyber-elf X, Model X (the biometal, not the person), and Trigger...
MM Zero=MM=X>Ridley>Ganon>Geno>SpacePirate>Ray01>Falco>Krystal...
can someone give this guy a cookie? This order wins on so many levels.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Could you guys imagine if both Megaman AND X made it into Brawl??

It would be like a Link/YLink kinda deal, except probably just a bit more awesome.

"Wait Dyce! Are you suggesting including TWO more characters with charge shots?"
Yes... yes I f**king am.
"ZOMG TWO SAMUS CLONEZ!"

{*punch-in-face*} ! ! !

binki4

Smash Apprentice
no capcom wil not do that because only one third party character form other company that's what sakurai said's so i choosing is megaman for joining the brawl that's my choice for now and his anniversary
will be on december 17 2007 and is gonna be good and the video of megaman joins the brawl
and his move sets

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

It would be like a Link/YLink kinda deal, except probably just a bit more awesome.

"Wait Dyce! Are you suggesting including TWO more characters with charge shots?"
Yes... yes I f**king am.
"ZOMG TWO SAMUS CLONEZ!"

{*punch-in-face*} ! ! !
well...I have been thinking lateley, and I guess I will build on your idea(and alter it).
we have seen that there can be third party assist trophies, so multiple reps isnt out of the question. multiple slots being taken by one company is however. due to the megaman aniversary being open to all forms and how many incarnations megaman has, what if we got one of each form of megaman in brawl?

but I think these things are probably going to happen in order of most likely to least likely:
1.classic only
2.X only
3.X with zero team up
4.classic with X alt
5.classic/X with protoman/zero team up *trio system of X/classic, zero/protoman, bass/axel
6.trigger getting into brawl
7.megaman classic, X, and trigger all with each other as alts
8.all forms in brawl as alts
9.megaman classic turns into X as final smash
10.no megaman in brawl
11.starfail is the only one in

*insert anything you think could also happen if you want.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143

Yes... yes I f**king am.
"ZOMG TWO SAMUS CLONEZ!"

{*punch-in-face*} ! ! !
NOT TWO CHARGED SHOTS!!!!! *is shot*

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Error, you forgot 2 possible events:

- Classic with a Final Smash transformation into X
- No Mega Man at all

Place it above the Star-Thingy, please. ;)

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
yes. starforce would kill the entire fact of megaman being in brawl. I actually cant believe capcom is even making a second version of that game,i mean i cant imagine it selling well anywhere.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Error, you forgot 2 possible events:

- Classic with a Final Smash transformation into X
- No Mega Man at all

Place it above the Star-Thingy, please. ;)
ya, the impossible will happen before starfail gets in.
thats so true! id rather have no mega man at all than starforce
......ya me too, I thought about it for a second, star force is the least megaman out of all of them, I would rather have anything/nothing than him.
yes. starforce would kill the entire fact of megaman being in brawl. I actually cant believe capcom is even making a second version of that game,i mean i cant imagine it selling well anywhere.
you do reliaze this is capcom that we are talking about, they have the worst marketing comitee I have ever seen. we can expect alot of stuff like they(plus they cant help milking a series)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Off-Topic question @ Error Alt Delete: How did you get your custom avatar? You don't have this Mushroom icon.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
you do reliaze this is capcom that we are talking about, they have the worst marketing comitee I have ever seen. we can expect alot of stuff like they(plus they cant help milking a series)
seriously, their marketing committee knows absolutely nothing about their customers whatsoever. Thats the reason they were so shocked at the huge turnout for mm's 20th anniversary party. they didnt even know mega man was that popular:mad:! They think he's not popular cuz his games havent been best sellers in a while. But the truth is, his games have SUCKED lately, and THATS why they dont sell. Not because people dont like Mega Man. We've just been too ashamed to admit it because they've turned him from an awesome robot boy fighting to save the world to some robo-pokemon freak who's nothing more than a FREAKIN radio wave with a FREAKIN tiger on his ARM!!!!

Seriously WTF?!!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously WTF were they smoking with the whole tigar head-arm thing, I mean couldnt they just keep the same old buster?? also im tired of all of this kid-megaman crap, I mean battle network, u got this kid using megaman like a pokemon, in star force, a kid IS megaman, and the same with ZX u got a megakid and megagirl, can we like stick to the super fighting robots? thanx...

@ E-Z money: WHAT?! U PREFER THE WORST OF THE BUNCH OVER THE CLASSIC AND TRUE MEGAMAN?! U SIR ARE NO GAMER...

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Seriously WTF were they smoking with the whole tigar head-arm thing, I mean couldnt they just keep the same old buster?? also im tired of all of this kid-megaman crap, I mean battle network, u got this kid using megaman like a pokemon, in star force, a kid IS megaman, and the same with ZX u got a megakid and megagirl, can we like stick to the super fighting robots? thanx...

@ E-Z money: WHAT?! U PREFER THE WORST OF THE BUNCH OVER THE CLASSIC AND TRUE MEGAMAN?! U SIR ARE NO GAMER...
Are you complaing about kids being MEGAMAN or Megaman being too kiddish? :confused:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
seriously, their marketing committee knows absolutely nothing about their customers whatsoever. Thats the reason they were so shocked at the huge turnout for mm's 20th anniversary party. they didnt even know mega man was that popular:mad:! They think he's not popular cuz his games havent been best sellers in a while. But the truth is, his games have SUCKED lately, and THATS why they dont sell. Not because people dont like Mega Man. We've just been too ashamed to admit it because they've turned him from an awesome robot boy fighting to save the world to some robo-pokemon freak who's nothing more than a FREAKIN radio wave with a FREAKIN tiger on his ARM!!!!

Seriously WTF?!!!
even though I'm not very fond of the BN/SF games, that's a bit of a biased, one-sided quote.

in JAPAN, the staforce/BN series is very popular. In fact, they seem to hate all megaman games that aren't BN and SF. just look at what happened to MMZXA. So really, japan's taste is to blame for capcom's whoring out of BN/SF. just look at some japanese game sites. Famitsu gave SF a 32/40 (which is pretty much equal to an 8/10), and the BN/SF games always rank in the top ten best selling games for weeks there. Not to mention it gets all the manga and anime.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Off-Topic question @ Error Alt Delete: How did you get your custom avatar? You don't have this Mushroom icon.
it aint custom, its a pre set one that nobody uses.

Seriously WTF?!!!
QFT!!!

I HATE this Lion/Tiger-arm!
QFT for the two above this, starfail is awful as anything, I dont know why they made him, but they better learn from their mistakes fast...
I'm all for megaman. I would prefer either the battle network version or the starforce version though.
.........have you played any of the other megaman series at all? if not then you should, that way you will learn why EXE. and star force are so frowned apon.

IDK, I guess they got lazy and decided to throw togeather whatever popped into their head.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Are you complaing about kids being MEGAMAN or Megaman being too kiddish? :confused:
I mean actual kids either being megaman or controlling megaman (battle network) megaman was always kiddish, dont get me wrong, but seriously why cant they stick with robots and JUST robots, do we really need kids going power rangers and becoming megamans to save the day?

also why the **** doesnt the new megamans absorb the powers of the bosses any more, zero doesnt do it, neither does EXE, not sure of the new ones but I bet its the same case...

@ error:
"QFT for the two above this, starfail is awful as anything, I dont know why they made him, but they better learn from their mistakes fast..."

a sequel is coming out :/

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I mean actual kids either being megaman or controlling megaman (battle network) megaman was always kiddish, dont get me wrong, but seriously why cant they stick with robots and JUST robots, do we really need kids going power rangers and becoming megamans to save the day?

also why the **** doesnt the new megamans absorb the powers of the bosses any more, zero doesnt do it, neither does EXE, not sure of the new ones but I bet its the same case...

@ error:
"QFT for the two above this, starfail is awful as anything, I dont know why they made him, but they better learn from their mistakes fast..."

a sequel is coming out :/
lol Aight, thats cool. Just making sure.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman

Hey!! Don't have to be ajerk and flame me do you? I'd say someone who looks down upon someone else for their taste in games isn't a gamer but whatever. What can I say. I thought battlenetwork was run and addictive. The story wasn't ever that great but it was enough to get me by while still amusing me. The game play was awesome in my opinion. I'm not going to go on about how silly the old megamans were and how stupid they are in my opinion, nor am I going to go on about how much I prefer BN. I would appreciate it if you did the same.

Stryks

Smash Hero
=O... he called the original megamans... silly... and stupid...

O...M...G...

Seriously:

The classic/X series are:

more difficult
original for theyre time
have awesome music
setup a standard for future 2-d side scrollers
are way more fun

Im sorry I find it hard to see how:

moving up, down and side ways on a chekerboard like platform, dodging attacks and using chips to attack fun, and if u miss u have to wait like 10 secs for another chance to grab chips, which usualyl are worse than the ones u just use... and do that in every battle...

and when ur own the overworld u walk walk walk and get stopped by a mettol were u have to kill him, and the return to the overworld and just take 3-4 more steps for ANOTHER mettol to appear, making the game slow and very repetitive...

seriously its like pokemon but without the addictiveness...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hey!! Don't have to be ajerk and flame me do you? I'd say someone who looks down upon someone else for their taste in games isn't a gamer but whatever. What can I say. I thought battlenetwork was run and addictive. The story wasn't ever that great but it was enough to get me by while still amusing me. The game play was awesome in my opinion. I'm not going to go on about how silly the old megamans were and how stupid they are in my opinion, nor am I going to go on about how much I prefer BN. I would appreciate it if you did the same.
See the underlined text.

I foresee a bullseye in your future...

...and it's painted right on your forehead. :laugh:

Don't mind Stryks. He's very opinionated. However, I am curious: Why were the original Megaman games so silly?

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom