• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
@ Error Alt Delete: Then I must be blind! Besides the Rush Avatar, I cannot see any other MM avatar in the list... :(

Edit: lol, at least I found the Mega Man one. ^^

Stryks

Smash Hero
Don't mind Stryks. He's very opinionated.
**** straight, I usually go with the flow, but in times like these, more than half the WORLD can agree that classic and X are better than the new crap theyre releasing, I mean, Starforce? what power rangers beat ya to wild force and they have to think of something 'better'?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
**** straight, I usually go with the flow, but in times like these, more than half the WORLD can agree that classic and X are better than the new crap theyre releasing, I mean, Starforce? what power rangers beat ya to wild force and they have to think of something 'better'?
>.>;

It's not that I'm disagreeing with you, man. I agree: Starfail and BN need to be put out of circulation. Permanently. In addition to the story being absolutely detestable, the gameplay sucked just as hard (if not harder). There was limited "strategy" involved when it came down to it. Wow, constraining movement to a checkerboard! Even some of the worst turn-based strategy RPGs give their characters a better range of movement. And expending valuable Chips only to have them replaced by something shoddy like 10 seconds later? WTF? Plus most of the Chips didn't really "boost" anything---therefore exposing the customization for the lie it really is, a cheap gimmick used to push the game on to its audience.

You also had some great points about Megaman Classic and X. They were TOUGH. I count the X series as being one of the most difficult platformers that I have ever played through. Seriously. Difficulty-wise, the X franchise takes a big steaming crap on any of the old 2-D Sonic games which I love and adore. This, coming from me, is a HUGE compliment to the franchise as a whole (considering that Megaman is my third and/or fourth favorite series and Sonic being the first); even though I love Sonic to death, I still found his games to be somewhat lacking in the difficulty department. Classic Megaman wasn't too hard in my book; MM8, in my opinion, was the closest thing to a "difficult" Megaman Classic game that I can make myself agree on (followed closely by MM7).

They were also very original, too. I can vouch for the X series and Classic when it comes to this. One of the things that separated Megaman from the rest of the pack was the unique way that you used his weapons. It could be against a boss, a means to manipulate the environment, whatever---there was a use for (almost) every single weapon. The stage designs were also awesome; some even changed depending on what boss was defeated or what path you went down.

So, what's not to love about Classic and X?

Smooth Criminal

RDK

Smash Hero
MM Classic + X >>>>>>> Battle ****work + Star Pharce.

^ Actual facts, not opinions.

Stryks

Smash Hero
SC pretty much sums it up people...

I played the BN version only like 3 times in my whole life, the only thing I liked is how megaman fused with others, making him look badass, I mean bass soul megaman = win, BUT that doesnt change the fact the games are nothing megaman-like the old megaman games...

and TOTALLY agree with u on the chip department, It took me like 6 turns to FINALLY get the kick *** weapon, and use it, only to miss, and thus it was over, i mean seriously the whole chip thing pissed me off.. .hard...

seriously play MM2, the game is awesome as hell, and the x series? simply wow... way better than battle chips, ineternet fights, elfs and biometal crap...

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Megaman is the "super fighting robot" for a reason. He isn't a computer program, and he isn't a boy with a costume. I'll only accept Megaman if he's in the form of anything from ZX to the beginning.
Dont forget Trigger!!!
I see the main storyline, personally, as the only TRUE MM games...
(MM, X, MM Z, ZX, MM L/DASH)...

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Megaman ZX is pretty good. Classically difficult Megaman action.

I just hope that they don't use the ZX characters to represent Megaman in Brawl, or even worse, the .exe ones... or, oh god. OH GOD THE MURDER. THE BLOOD... EVERYWHERE! I CAN JUST SEE IT!!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
even though I'm not very fond of the BN/SF games, that's a bit of a biased, one-sided quote.

in JAPAN, the staforce/BN series is very popular. In fact, they seem to hate all megaman games that aren't BN and SF. just look at what happened to MMZXA. So really, japan's taste is to blame for capcom's whoring out of BN/SF. just look at some japanese game sites. Famitsu gave SF a 32/40 (which is pretty much equal to an 8/10), and the BN/SF games always rank in the top ten best selling games for weeks there. Not to mention it gets all the manga and anime.
well, i know they sell pretty well in Japan. but when i made that statement, i was meaning sell as well as like MM2 when he was a worldwide pheonom. And i undersatnd that they see Mega Man as kiddy, and so they market him as such (i.e. the similarities to pokemon and power rangers). I just hate how they completely left classic in the dust. For the new generation of MM fans they made BN and Starforce. And for the original generation that grew up on classic and X they made ZX and ZXA.

And even though ZX and ZXA weren't terrible, it just didn't feel the same. Believe me, i tried to get into it. I REALLY REALLY wanted to like the game, but nothing felt like mega man to me accept the controls.

I just wish they knew that if they made a new (not a chibi remake!) classic mega man game that was quality, it would sell. It wouldn't even have to be big budget. If they made a new mega man game like nintendo did with new SMB, i guarantee it would be a best seller in the US, Japan, and PAL

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You know honestly, I don't understand why capcom isn't listening to the people on the whole robots vs. data debate... we have a 9000+ post thread of avid megaman supporters and what do we want? A Robotic version of him.. people all over the world when asked what megaman is respond a blue robot boy who fights for everlasting peace. When did the world suddenly accept a computer program and a bad digimon season 4 (or 5 i forget) halloween costume as MEGAMAN?!

At their own 20th Anniversary Event, who's merchandise sold out the fastest? Classic Megaman's (Fun fact, the second fastest selling merchandise with the people there were all DASH/Legends related meaning DASH/Legends popularity isn't the reason behind no Legends 3 mind you...)

So I conclude with this bit of wisdom - To the ones in charge of overall marketing at Capcom:

EDIT - @Bluebomber22 - I feel you on the ZX/ZXA thing.. Everytime i play the game, I think in terms of potential "****, this could have been Zero 5 - 6, Classic 9 - 10, Legends 3, or X9 - 10" (Usually after this thought which always occurs 30 or so minutes in, i go get a game from one of those series and get to playing, lol)

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i am so happy about megaman wii and i hope is legend 3 or star force wii or even megaman 9 my brother play 4 battle network games series and for now i am waiting for megaman wii for each megaman series
and for now i have is nintendo wii and i gonna get is 20 games for nintendo wii so i have not play legend series and star force series because i don't have a DS but i play is the classic series for now for the decade
and i hope i will gonna get megaman wii

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
=O... he called the original megamans... silly... and stupid...

O...M...G...

Seriously:

The classic/X series are:

more difficult
original for theyre time
have awesome music
setup a standard for future 2-d side scrollers
are way more fun

Im sorry I find it hard to see how:

moving up, down and side ways on a chekerboard like platform, dodging attacks and using chips to attack fun, and if u miss u have to wait like 10 secs for another chance to grab chips, which usualyl are worse than the ones u just use... and do that in every battle...

and when ur own the overworld u walk walk walk and get stopped by a mettol were u have to kill him, and the return to the overworld and just take 3-4 more steps for ANOTHER mettol to appear, making the game slow and very repetitive...

seriously its like pokemon but without the addictiveness...
Well that's your problem not mine now isn't it?

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Oh-when-will-we-get, Me-ga's-up-date-Falala lalala la la la!!!

Sorry I had to try it out. :grin:

Edit: On a more serious note, I may try out ZXA soon, but for the time being I'm not that big a ZX fan.
technically, im not either, but that doesn't mean i can't recommend it to you... it's good (just not X & Zero Series good...)

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
true that. i beat zx a thousand time and got everything there is to get. overall i say it is a descent megaman game. however it lacks that certain megaman feel you know what im talking about classic fans.music was descent but not good like classic or x series . could take bosses abilities in a limited way. again not like classic or x. not the same feel but a solid game indeed.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
by the way. tomorrow in the character battle, our boy megaman is up for round 2. it will be him,mewtwo,metaknight,and donkler. we know donkey is out but lets make sure mega gets our support alright.

Del Money

Smash Champion
You guys are all total idiots. Mega Man is stupid. He would just be a Samus clone and you're all in denial.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

bksbestbwoy said:
Tis the season to beat Wily, fa la-la-la-laaa....
I lol'd, Bwoy (I'll have to call you that from now on)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
by the way. tomorrow in the character battle, our boy megaman is up for round 2. it will be him,mewtwo,metaknight,and donkler. we know donkey is out but lets make sure mega gets our support alright.
I don't know, it's not wise to underestimate DK. The fact that he made it into this round is proof of his following. Not to mention he's an all-star himself.

Then again I thought Captain Falcon was the threat of the last round and look how that turned out. Metaknight, now he's CERTAINLY a threat no matter how you slice it. And Mewtwo could always pull another upset. If the previous rounds are any indication, we could have a real fight on our hands.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
If a Megaman game is released for the Wii...
Id have a heart attack...
If its DASH...
Id go into a coma(from shock/excitement overload)(until release date)...
If its StarFail...
Lets just say suicide and genocide go hand in hand...
If its X9...
Permanent adrenaline rush...
If its MM9...
I would become so excited my molecules would vibrate to the point that I either:
A...spontaneously combust...
or B...pass through the fabric of time to the release date...
Or something like that...

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
If a Megaman game is released for the Wii...
Id have a heart attack...
If its DASH...
Id go into a coma(from shock/excitement overload)(until release date)...
If its StarFail...
Lets just say suicide and genocide go hand in hand...
If its X9...
Permanent adrenaline rush...
If its MM9...
I would become so excited my molecules would vibrate to the point that I either:
A...spontaneously combust...
or B...pass through the fabric of time to the release date...
Or something like that...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You guys are all total idiots. Mega Man is stupid. He would just be a Samus clone and you're all in denial.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

I lol'd, Bwoy (I'll have to call you that from now on)
That's cool.. Anyway, here's good question for everyone:

We are all tired of data stream spinoffs and semi-loosely related plots in our Mega Man games, so tell me in your own words...

What makes a great Mega Man game in terms of both story and button smashing, lol?

@Ninjuku - For the sake of a good laugh, what if it's Megaman Zero - Remastered? (My idea - Redo Zero 1 - 4 seperately and make it like Devil May Cry)

Del Money

Smash Champion
What makes a great Mega Man game in terms of both story and button smashing, lol?
...the same thing that makes Metroid games great, running and jumping around shooting ****...and the fact you don't need to learn "Level 69 Intimidating Shout" in order to beat a boss...

Mega Man 4 Brawl

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Non-stop action, complicated, but solveable levels and puzzles, needing to use acquired powers, epic storyline, great atmoshpere created by the level design and music, and last but not least......frustration:chuckle:

seriously, they already have a great storyline, characters, and great music for an MM9. all they have to do is make it

MM 4 brawl tonight

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
When i saw that X: Tunnel Scene song, my heart skipped a beat for a sec. for some reason i thought he meant Mega Man X lol. but that lasted for about 0.04 seconds

Top Bottom