• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

The Sorrow

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure megaman will be the last 3rd party character.... I mean just look at how many people have posted on this thread :p .... anyway Nintendo is good with fan-service (i.e. sonic) and megaman was one of the most requested characters so who knows, guess we'll find out when we get the game (im actually thinking he is more suited as an unlockable rather than a starter by the way)

The Sorrow

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see marth come back as well.... its not like ike is too much like marth (not enough to be a copy anyway) but that's a different thread so moving on... :D

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure megaman will be the last 3rd party character.... I mean just look at how many people have posted on this thread :p .... anyway Nintendo is good with fan-service (i.e. sonic) and megaman was one of the most requested characters so who knows, guess we'll find out when we get the game (im actually thinking he is more suited as an unlockable rather than a starter by the way)
all third parties will be unlockables. but we are worried more about when he would be announced. and we think it would be either December 3rd, pr December 17th.
same here, except i would prefer a NEW character (unless, that is, Marth)
what? you know that megaman is a third party character, he has nothing to do with the other canadates, what NEW third party characters have been on a nintendo system that are more worthy of the spot, or that you would rather see?
I'd like to see marth come back as well.... its not like ike is too much like marth (not enough to be a copy anyway) but that's a different thread so moving on... :D
ya discuss that on marth's thread.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
Error, you are right, i know i wanted to make the stage taller but i couldn't figure out how because i built the stage off of the earth background. i may resize it and take out the hang glider, the only reason i put it was to implement megaman stuff but i guess i already have a disappeaering box so i will have a new stage soon.thanks though.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Error, you are right, i know i wanted to make the stage taller but i couldn't figure out how because i built the stage off of the earth background. i may resize it and take out the hang glider, the only reason i put it was to implement megaman stuff but i guess i already have a disappeaering box so i will have a new stage soon.thanks though.
its all right, but apparently so far the only things we know we can do are climb ladders, swim, hold onto ledges, and stuff like that. so far I dont think we can grab hang gliders so thats why I thought it should have been removed.

@BB- we shouldnt have to wait much longer, but so far my anticipation has already died, I am now just waiting to get the game so we can end all of this.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
@Bluebomber - im playin MMX: Command Mission to pass the time.. great ****in game by the way... some of the new characters should hold more water in the MM world though

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
@Bluebomber - im playin MMX: Command Mission to pass the time.. great ****in game by the way... some of the new characters hould hold more water in the MM world though
Agreed. Command Mission is one of the few X games (or Megaman games for that matter) to do X justice. Yes, for once Zero actually takes a back seat to the main character like he's supposed to. Not that I hate Zero, of course.

And yeah, the new cast have potential to be great X-series characters. That's why I'd personally prefer a MMXCM 2 over a MMX9.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Agreed. Command Mission is one of the few X games (or Megaman games for that matter) to do X justice. Yes, for once Zero actually takes a back seat to the main character like he's supposed to. Not that I hate Zero, of course.

And yeah, the new cast have potential to be great X-series characters. That's why I'd personally prefer a MMXCM 2 over a MMX9.
Can anyone say epic Final Fantasy scale Elf War for Command Mission 2?

X & Zero vs. Omega... FINAL STRIKE!!!:chuckle:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

Personally I'd rather CM 2 have a story unrelated to the Elf Wars, but FF scale war in general for CM2. Yes. Very yes.

Hmm, if Megaman's FS did invole a team up with Protoman and Bass (or X with Zero and Axl), you think they'd call it Final Strike? FS for Meagaman's FS!!! :grin:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
guys, u know 2 other concept games that sound like win?

Megaman X & Megaman zero.... Powered Up

dicuss/flame, i want to hear some opinions

:chuckle:

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

I finally have some money(FINALLY!) so this weekend I will buy that game(apperently game stop still has some CM copiers left). unless something realy awful happens this wont turn out like the X collection thing did. besides, since capcom is making a super collection of megaman X and classic, I'll just buy that instead of the normal X collection.

sweet.
Personally I'd rather CM 2 have a story unrelated to the Elf Wars, but FF scale war in general for CM2. Yes. Very yes.

Hmm, if Megaman's FS did invole a team up with Protoman and Bass (or X with Zero and Axl), you think they'd call it Final Strike? FS for Meagaman's FS!!! :grin:
ya, the elf wars should be reserved for megaman X9 or something, but capcom should realy take a look into making sequals to the GOOD series they have instead of trying to make new ones. that way, we can see more of megaman 9, 9X, CM2, legends3, ect...but I have said this repeatedly.... and its not like we can control them...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I finally have some money(FINALLY!) so this weekend I will buy that game(apperently game stop still has some CM copiers left). unless something realy awful happens this wont turn out like the X collection thing did. besides, since capcom is making a super collection of megaman X and classic, I'll just buy that instead of the normal X collection.
um error... when i posed that thing about the x and classic perfect works, they were talking about sourcebooks for both like the megaman zero perfect works sourcebook that got postponed

just to let ya kno

and command mission = megaman & bass in terms of spinoff win for a main series

I only got up to the desert in command mission, couldn't figure out where to go from there XS (I used to give up on games to easily back then).

But X and Zero looked PWNADGE in command mission... and so did the guy with the cards and the hat... whatever his name is. And also ZX advent is great so far (The Ninja transformation is always my favorite).

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I only got up to the desert in command mission, couldn't figure out where to go from there XS (I used to give up on games to easily back then).

But X and Zero looked PWNADGE in command mission... and so did the guy with the cards and the hat... whatever his name is. And also ZX advent is great so far (The Ninja transformation is always my favorite).
Yea X had a pimp come up with his look and Spider in command mission was win. And Siarnaq from ZXA had the sickest transformation in recent history...:chuckle:

The thing that I like about the ZX is unlike the other Mega man games, you actually transform into the boss or the model instead of just... well... getting a different colour scheme.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
"Good Card, eh?"

Yeah, Spider was a pretty good character in Command Mission. I haven't played ZXA yet, and may not for while.

And yeah, error, that "Rockman and Rockman X" thing would be a sourcebook. So if you want a collection of X games, your hunt for Megaman X Collection continues.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
alright ERROR and BB, i just finished a completely new stage. it is called IMMINENT STRIKE.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/yaoming9/?action=view&current=megamanxbrawlstage2.jpg

okay.
the wall jumping side is still there
there is a necessary ladder for characters that cant wall jump
the meteors you see come every 1 minute
when they hit, they break platforms except for the bottom one
they reappear in 10 seconds upon destruction
the safe chamber in the top left corner appears when you see the meteors, and only holds one person
when it appears you have 10 seconds to duke it out to get inside
the hurry up sign over x would appear over everyones head to warn of the coming meteor strike
the arrow appears just in case you are not sure where to go
you could change the time between meteor attacks to anything over every 30 seconds

so check it out, took me a while.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
also ,when the safe chamber is not there when there is no meteor attack you may fight or do anything on the platform it rests on.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
true, i just noticed that most stages have some kind of hazard so i wanted to implement my own. with photoshop i can do quite a bit but whatever program anyone has it would always be hard to make it look like a REAL stage. its fun to try though. i cant wait to see what all you can do with the real stage builder.

My one looked like a real stage...

But I mean the stages you make just look like they might be part of say... a level in Mega man instead of a battle arena in smash, you see?

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
... ZX advent is great so far (The Ninja transformation is always my favorite).
Yes...
ZXA is a great portable MM game...
My favorite form is Aeolus...
Then Sirnaq...
Then Model a (ancient)...
Model a would appeal to any (classic) megaman fan to be honest...

EDIT: Model a (ancient) should not be confused with Model A (Albert(Axl))...

binki4

Smash Apprentice
hey i am a new member of smashboards now i could do topic of megaman and i think that megaman will be in brawl even in december 3rd or even december 17th and it has a 20th anniversary on it so you guys are clam about the rockman 20th anniversary party but they did not say about megaman in brawl so i am upset about it even the megaman fans are upset about megaman not being in brawl but doing on december this month it better be megaman in brawl for now on and i am the classic, legends, and star force fan so i hoped the classic megaman will be in brawl soon this month

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
there has to be event match with Sonic, Snake, Mario, and Mega Man!
Dude, I had a fat dream two nights ago about a Dojo update on Monday, December 3rd, 2007. It was crazy-5 updates at once! XD Geno as a PC with Geno joins the Brawl, Geno's FULL MOVESET, Geno's Final Smash, a Nintendo Winter Trailer, and Megaman joins the Brawl. Dude, I f***ing woke up excited, only to be disappointed at it was only a dream. XD

Seriously though, we take that "one or two guest characters" thing too seriously. Brawl was said to come out in 2007 the line before that, and most importantly, Sakurai said that like he intended 2 more. Obviously Sonic, and I'm almost positive he thought of Megaman, and possibly having him make a guest PC apperance, to add to the epicness, and to add more AAA-class names to the game. Then he saw Megaman had 2 votes, and Geno had 4. He stopped and thought Geno would be great, so he might have thought

"Hey! Why not I try and get Sonic first, and then Megaman, and if I can Geno!"

Sakurai was suprised buy Geno but NOT MEGAMAN getting multiple votes, so chances are he wanted Megaman in Brawl to begin with. Let's face it, the only bigger 3rd party name then Megaman (Sonic) is already in Brawl. Most likely the 3rd biggest name 3rd party character name in Snake after MGS4 and Brawl, is also confirmed. So why not get the 2nd biggest=??? Why deny the fans for some waste of a spot character, like Pac-man, or something, with minimal fanbase=???

Geno for the cult classic...Megaman for the epicness. I am going to say both are very, very likely. After seeing Geno's cult fanbase, Sakurai can't help but aask Square Enix for him, while he gets Megaman.

What I am trying to say is Sakurai came up with that 1 or 2 after Snake (which would now be 0 or 1) off the top of his head, and before he saw Geno's poll results. Chances are he thought of the NEXT BIGGEST NAME-the blue bomber. Again, Geno's 4 votes SURPRISED Sakurai, Megaman's 2 votes did not. King Dedede, Ike, and Diddy Kong's high votes did not surprise Sakura-and they're in. Megaman is very, very, very likely at this point. I'm assuming we'll see Megaman before Geno, but we most likely will see Geno. The thought of either of them excites me, of course. Heck, the thought of 3rd party characters in Brawl IN GENERAL EXCITES ME! :)

And Light and Hikari (Megaman.EXE/Hub's last name in Megaman Battle Network) are the same thing, so Light translate into Hikari. ;)

Here is also my thought on when we'll see Geno and Megaman-assuming they are in Brawl. ;)

Megaman-Sometime either next two weeks, or the last week of this year/first week of next year.

Geno- The final 3rd party character sometime right before the Japanese release of Brawl-assuming he is in the game. Possibly a day after it's release, like what was done with Marth.

O, and Marth was revealed one day after Melee's Japanese release-December 4th, 2001. A long time ago, in a Galaxy, far, far away! :laugh: So if we don't get a good December 3rd update-something big happening big on December 4th isn't crazy. Hell, something big happening both days isn't crazy! :)

The thought of a event match between Snake, Sonic, Megaman, and Geno-the battle of the guests, seriously EXCITES ME LIKE NO OTHER! Wind Waker Link who=??? :laugh:

Seriously, a Mario vs. Sonic vs. Snake vs. Megaman showdown SHALL OWN, and so shall the Sonic vs. Snake vs. Megaman vs. Geno showdown.

Megaman and Geno both in BRAWL FTW! I think most smash fans would be happy with that! :)

In other words, we'd get Super Mario Brawl (lulz), Metal Gear Solid: somewhere torn between 2 and 4, Megaman 9/X9/Legends 3, and SMRPG2 via Subspace Emissary! :grin:

O, and Viewful Joe would make a GREAT assist trophy. ;)

Also, screw the new topic, just ask a admin to post a link to a post with like a Q and A, moveset collections, etc....assuming they'd be willing to help us! That'd be a lot better then another new thread. :)

We've had like 3 big Ridley threads, two Dark Samus threads, two or three Captain Olimar threads, two Ashley threads, etc. The last thing we need in this world is ANOTHER NEW THREAD. Why not just revise the first post with some Q&A quotes, extras, moveset links, etc.=??? :cool:

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
hey i am a new member of smashboards now i could do topic of megaman and i think that megaman will be in brawl even in december 3rd or even december 17th and it has a 20th anniversary on it so you guys are clam about the rockman 20th anniversary party but they did not say about megaman in brawl so i am upset about it even the megaman fans are upset about megaman not being in brawl but doing on december this month it better be megaman in brawl for now on and i am the classic, legends, and star force fan so i hoped the classic megaman will be in brawl soon this month
Yeah...
Weve said that...kind of...
Well...um...welcome to the smashboards...
Hope you like it here...
Clean up your grammar...
And...Megaman for Brawl!!!

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I had a fat dream two nights ago about a Dojo update on Monday, December 3rd, 2007. It was crazy-5 updates at once! XD Geno as a PC with Geno joins the Brawl, Geno's FULL MOVESET, Geno's Final Smash, a Nintendo Winter Trailer, and Megaman joins the Brawl. Dude, I f***ing woke up excited, only to be disappointed at it was only a dream. XD

Seriously though, we take that "one or two guest characters" thing too seriously. Brawl was said to come out in 2007 the line before that, and most importantly, Sakurai said that like he intended 2 more. Obviously Sonic, and I'm almost positive he thought of Megaman, and possibly having him make a guest PC apperance, to add to the epicness, and to add more AAA-class names to the game. Then he saw Megaman had 2 votes, and Geno had 4. He stopped and thought Geno would be great, so he might have thought

"Hey! Why not I try and get Sonic first, and then Megaman, and if I can Geno!"

Sakurai was suprised buy Geno but NOT MEGAMAN getting multiple votes, so chances are he wanted Megaman in Brawl to begin with. Let's face it, the only bigger 3rd party name then Megaman (Sonic) is already in Brawl. Most likely the 3rd biggest name 3rd party character name in Snake after MGS4 and Brawl, is also confirmed. So why not get the 2nd biggest=??? Why deny the fans for some waste of a spot character, like Pac-man, or something, with minimal fanbase=???

Geno for the cult classic...Megaman for the epicness. I am going to say both are very, very likely. After seeing Geno's cult fanbase, Sakurai can't help but aask Square Enix for him, while he gets Megaman.

What I am trying to say is Sakurai came up with that 1 or 2 after Snake (which would now be 0 or 1) off the top of his head, and before he saw Geno's poll results. Chances are he thought of the NEXT BIGGEST NAME-the blue bomber. Again, Geno's 4 votes SURPRISED Sakurai, Megaman's 2 votes did not. King Dedede, Ike, and Diddy Kong's high votes did not surprise Sakura-and they're in. Megaman is very, very, very likely at this point. I'm assuming we'll see Megaman before Geno, but we most likely will see Geno. The thought of either of them excites me, of course. Heck, the thought of 3rd party characters in Brawl IN GENERAL EXCITES ME! :)

And Light and Hikari (Megaman.EXE/Hub's last name in Megaman Battle Network) are the same thing, so Light translate into Hikari. ;)

Here is also my thought on when we'll see Geno and Megaman-assuming they are in Brawl. ;)

Megaman-Sometime either next two weeks, or the last week of this year/first week of next year.

Geno- The final 3rd party character sometime right before the Japanese release of Brawl-assuming he is in the game. Possibly a day after it's release, like what was done with Marth.

O, and Marth was revealed one day after Melee's Japanese release-December 4th, 2001. A long time ago, in a Galaxy, far, far away! :laugh: So if we don't get a good December 3rd update-something big happening big on December 4th isn't crazy. Hell, something big happening both days isn't crazy! :)

The thought of a event match between Snake, Sonic, Megaman, and Geno-the battle of the guests, seriously EXCITES ME LIKE NO OTHER! Wind Waker Link who=??? :laugh:

Seriously, a Mario vs. Sonic vs. Snake vs. Megaman showdown SHALL OWN, and so shall the Sonic vs. Snake vs. Megaman vs. Geno showdown.

Megaman and Geno both in BRAWL FTW! I think most smash fans would be happy with that! :)

In other words, we'd get Super Mario Brawl (lulz), Metal Gear Solid: somewhere torn between 2 and 4, Megaman 9/X9/Legends 3, and SMRPG2 via Subspace Emissary! :grin:

O, and Viewful Joe would make a GREAT assist trophy. ;)

Also, screw the new topic, just ask a admin to post a link to a post with like a Q and A, moveset collections, etc....assuming they'd be willing to help us! That'd be a lot better then another new thread. :)

We've had like 3 big Ridley threads, two Dark Samus threads, two or three Captain Olimar threads, two Ashley threads, etc. The last thing we need in this world is ANOTHER NEW THREAD. Why not just revise the first post with some Q&A quotes, extras, moveset links, etc.=??? :cool:
Umm...wow...
Yeah...
Ill say that although Geno would make a worthy combatant in Brawl...
I would personally prefer an incarnation of Zero as an additional PC...I mean you cant beat pwnage incarnate with a sword...
Not that I dont like Geno...cuz hes cool...Geno whirl was awesome...until I fought a boss...
However having Geno in would be good as well...
As long as Mega is in first...
ANYWAY...
We will make a new thread...
and by we I mean whoever is planning to make it...
Its inevitable...
Megaman for Brawl!!!

EDIT: Oops...didnt mean to double post...my bad...
Megaman for Brawl!!!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
"NOT SO FAST WILEY!!111!!!!"

Good Lord, I should begin every post I type in this thread with that statement. I wanna see if I can give Bluebomber and Error nightmares. :laugh:

Anyway.

In the event that this threads gets shut down or something, I can make a contribution to the RMB by helping write the mega-informative first post.

Smooth Criminal

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
"NOT SO FAST WILEY!!111!!!!"

Good Lord, I should begin every post I type in this thread with that statement. I wanna see if I can give Bluebomber and Error nightmares. :laugh:

Anyway.

In the event that this threads gets shut down or something, I can make a contribution to the RMB by helping write the mega-informative first post.

Smooth Criminal
You think that's bad?

"ATTTENTION! All Mlaverik Huntrz scambleimmediately!" (typed how i heard it)
"Dun't fight wit ma brotha" (same as before)
"Zero! If I go maverick, you have to take care of me!" (Brushes up on sesame street VAs to accurately describe the fail that was this voiceover)

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Re starting character threads? Yhea that was what R.I.D.L.E.Y. done first, as well as clubs and having long *** 1st posts. Now its only a matter of time before the other clubs get the leaders banned.

Top Bottom