• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I think it would be cool to add another two sets of moving platforms to the left and right of the ones already there. It would be very difficult to keep track of your opponents and could establish some wacky situations.

But hey, I've got a thread dedicated to creating stages. You guys should check it out.

Anyway, I like the background for the one stage. That's from MM8 right? The opening scene?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i havent gone to the stage discussion thread in soo long.

you know what mm character we never talk about, Duo. He could easily be an AT

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Well, I just found out that the 3-0-3-0-3 update pattern is wrong unless I am missing something...

The updates I found go from 0-1-2-2-3-3-0 newcomers per month since May...
meh, doesnt matter if the pattern is wrong or not, we WILL get at least one character in december. Cant say for sure when or who, but i will say there will be at least 1

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
If we get one its probably gonna be the last third party since every other characters revealed so far seem to be starters and when u count them, (Zamus and Samus makes one) and u get rid of the third parties, it makes a beautiful 20 characters. Plus, hiding the inclusion of a third party character in brawl wouldnt be good for marketing so if theres another one to be added, its probably gonna be in december to generate more hype for the game before holidays.

Hope for megaman :)

Or ... Sakurai could simply reveal shiek.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
like i said instakill lasers = win

and guys what about disappearing and reappearing blocks/platforms? it just wouldn't be megaman without them
It would be better for an adventure mode area...
Disappearing blocks that is...
A regular stage would have uber lasers, spikes, one or two moving platforms, one flips with spikes and the other electrifies, mettaurs coming out from somewhere, and a destroyed city/highway in the background...
Just to be broad and vague with little details and blah blah blah...

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
A stage I would like to see would be the first stage of Megaman 5 I think it is? (When he's trying to keep the city from being destroyed) And then while your fighting, one of those big, steam-rolling, mohawk sporting, robots comes up and starts doing horrible things. >:0

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well, I just found out that the 3-0-3-0-3 update pattern is wrong unless I am missing something...

The updates I found go from 0-1-2-2-3-3-0 newcomers per month since May...
The outcome goes 0-0-0-3-0-3-0-?. It has to do with newcomer characters we didn't already know about from the trailers (PT, Diddy, Ike - Sonic, Dedede, Lucas).

Anyway, how many games has Duo even been in? Is he a big part of any Megaman series?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Ok guys just finished making a stage. I made it X based and gave it a design which features 3 moving platforms. If a stage like this was in Brawl it would be very interesting.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/StageWithBG.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/BattleStage.jpg

(Note: Characters not to scale).
I like the stage. those bumper like things are reminiscent of the first mushroom kingdom stage in SSB to me.
look at that video interview of inafune i linked you to, then you'll feel better. He doesnt want to end the series and probably never will....:)
I'll check it out this weekend while I am at my mothers house, my dad has dial up so his internet isntgood for videos.
like i said instakill lasers = win

and guys what about disappearing and reappearing blocks/platforms? it just wouldn't be megaman without them
I dont realy want instakill lasers, I think that is a little to powerful for the stage(the chimera in pork city is a different story). something a little less uber powerful or game brakeing would do.
that should definitely be an option in the create-a-stage mode
hopefully we will be able to add dissapearing and moving platforms(i.e. the platform moves itself, not like a conveyer belt). since we only saw screen shots of the build a stage mode while it is in developement, there is a good chance there will be more too it than what we saw.
im hopin we get both. but if i had to choose, id take balanced one cuz mm music is too good.
Id actualy take wacky over balanced. in the last game there were too many stages(built like that) that were very similar, I like diversity in my matches.
Ok, heres my wacky stage :

sry for bad paint job, but i guess u get the idea.
hmm... I realy dont know what to say about the stage...but it seems very odd.
The outcome goes 0-0-0-3-0-3-0-?. It has to do with newcomer characters we didn't already know about from the trailers (PT, Diddy, Ike - Sonic, Dedede, Lucas).
basicaly we will know the rest of the characters in the starting roster over december. since its a three characters per alternateing month thing we should expect three in december.(i.e. 2 more new comers and 1 veteran= megaman, ???, and captain falcon.). assumeing we have an even ratio of veterans to newcomers.
Anyway, how many games has Duo even been in? Is he a big part of any Megaman series?
I think he was only in megaman 8, but then again I havnt played that many so I wouldnt know.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Ah friggin hell, for some reason, skipped Ike...

Yeah, it makes sense if for whatever reason I did not skip Ike...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I personally don't like insta-killers in Smash either. I mean the Chimaera is cool, because it looks like you might be able to avoid it, and it stops tanks from camping and fleers from hiding. I hated the Klap Traps in the DK stages, I hope they don't come back in any new stages.

@ error_alt_delete:
The list doesn't go by ALL characters revealed, just newcomers. Any veterans are void from the order.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I personally don't like insta-killers in Smash either. I mean the Chimaera is cool, because it looks like you might be able to avoid it, and it stops tanks from camping and fleers from hiding. I hated the Klap Traps in the DK stages, I hope they don't come back in any new stages.

@ error_alt_delete:
The list doesn't go by ALL characters revealed, just newcomers. Any veterans are void from the order.
if that is the case and we get three newcomers, I can see megaman, insert new comer here, and insert new comer here. then we might get 2 more veterans before the games release but IDK about that....there arnt many left besides captain falcon unless they make G&W playable at the start.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Megaman
wolf
ridley

for december!!
....wolf?
Im sorry but I dont under stand why wolf(very unlikey IMO), I would think more of one of these sets:
1.megaman
2.krystal
3.Ridley

1.megaman
2.captain olimar(first pikman game released on Dec.2)
3.krystal

1.megaman
2.captain olimar
3.Ridley

1.megaman
2.Ray01
3.Ridley

1.megaman
2.geno
3.krystal

1.megaman
2.falco
3.Ridley

1.megaman
2.Isaac(I know weird)
3.Ridley

or something.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
well klap trap sucked cuz he was practically unavoidable. i think an instant kill hazard is fine of if its REALLY EASY to avoid. that way, its not annoying. and its even more funny when someone gets nailed with it.

1. Dec 3rd-hopefully mm, probably Ridley
2. Dec 17th-Mega Man
3. Dec 25th-takamaru

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
hey mega ridley i liked your idea for a stage so i made my own everyone , and i have photoshop so check it out

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/yaoming9/?action=view&current=megamanxbrawlstage.jpg

the bar on the top is a hang glider to slide across.
the black see through box in the middle is a dissapearing box right over the spike pit.
of course there is a ladder.
the blue wall on the right side is for wall jumping.
you can shoot ,punch, or slash while on the ladder or slider.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Those are both awesome!:chuckle:
So, which would you prefer, zero or x?
And I like you sig! Just replace 1&1/2 with Dark Samus!
Honestly, I prefer MM Zero over X...
Nothing beats pwnage incarnate with a sword...
And DSamus...no...
I liked DS...it was a good boss...but I wouldnt want to play as it...
DS is good as a boss...in America at least...
The Japanese hate it...
Like they hate Axl...

EDIT: DS was too easy in the end of MP3...
Megaman for Brawl!!!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
hey mega ridley i liked your idea for a stage so i made my own everyone , and i have photoshop so check it out

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/yaoming9/?action=view&current=megamanxbrawlstage.jpg

the bar on the top is a hang glider to slide across.
the black see through box in the middle is a dissapearing box right over the spike pit.
of course there is a ladder.
the blue wall on the right side is for wall jumping.
you can shoot ,punch, or slash while on the ladder or slider.
I can imagine it now. being chased by a opponent and you both avoid the pit at first, but as the opponent is distracted by your wall jump to hang glide so they fall in the pit on the way back, you take advantage of them bouncing up from the spikes and meteor strike them back into the spikes for massave damage.
I want:
3rd-MegaMan...(X maybe)...
17th-Zero...
25th-Ridley...
I predict:
3rd: Ridley...
17th: MegaMan...(X?)...
25th: TP Ganon..,
I forgot ganondwarf, him in his twighlight princess outfit would be awsome, also I realy want to know what his new move set would be...and ya possibly X...at least I hope so!
Those are both awesome!:chuckle:
So, which would you prefer, zero or x?
And I like you sig! Just replace 1&1/2 with Dark Samus!
you already know my views on that.( I know this question wasnt aimed at me, but I felt like answering).
Honestly, I prefer MM Zero over X...
Nothing beats pwnage incarnate with a sword...
And DSamus...no...
I liked DS...it was a good boss...but I wouldnt want to play as it...
DS is good as a boss...in America at least...
The Japanese hate it...
Like they hate Axl...

EDIT: DS was too easy in the end of MP3...
Megaman for Brawl!!!
ya, DS doesnt feel like PC material for me either, I would actualy rather (and I know I will be one of few with this view) have one of the hunters for brawl. like sylux...

megaman(X) would own any of the hunters or samus bring them all on!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
now the boards are all calm as we sit and wait for Mega Monday Part II
ROFL I actualy thought it would be the exact oppisite, but I guess its due to the series of events:
1.no realy ground breaking updates
2.we finally get a few decent updates and are somewhat content
3.december 3. is comeing up and everyone wants to find out who will be shown on Dec. 3 or in that month at all due to alternateing theory.

but we have all finally learned that updates arnt always going to be as we predicted, so we all are half expecting nothing so we arnt as pummped as we would be.

Dec. is a very contriversial month to me, it will let me know if megaman is in the game(there is the very off chance he is never announced before release but is in the game and later announced, but I doubt it.) and also which form is in the game. so I am hyped about it, but I am also keeping calm too.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
hey ERROR or BLUEBOMBER, got any more ideas for my stage,i wanted something else but couldn't think of anything.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
todays character battle is rediculous! Anyway, so we wait till monday, man i hope so much for megaman but i gotta keep telling myself to not be depressed if hes not there monday, the 17th is still open so anything could happen. however lets hope for monday.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
hey ERROR or BLUEBOMBER, got any more ideas for my stage,i wanted something else but couldn't think of anything.
well, I would actualy remove the hang rail. the reason I say this is because we already have a ladder to travel on and the stage should be made a litle taller so the ladder is worth useing(you would get your *** handed to you while climbing it with the ground being close enough to jump up to the next platform). you could replace the hang rail with another platform the you can "fall through" or jump up onto from below. then above that....
todays character battle is rediculous! Anyway, so we wait till monday, man i hope so much for megaman but i gotta keep telling myself to not be depressed if hes not there monday, the 17th is still open so anything could happen. however lets hope for monday.
well, since the 17th is related to megaman I am starting to think we should expect him then. this way, we can be suprised if he a ppears on Dec. 3 and still have hope he will apear on Dec. 17. plus, it may be more likely for him anyways.;)

Top Bottom