• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
ultimate or falcon armor

EDIT: error, where in the rules does it say an AT has to be from the same game as the playable character? X is apart of the mega man world, so obviously relates. And X wouldnt be to similar if he were an AT. he would be super powerful! he could wear any of his armors, or even ride armmor like you said.

And remember X is a pacifist. he doesnt like fighting, it would fit him perfectly just to pop in to help someone out, then teleport away

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
sorry but that still wouldnt make sense. if we got classic then we should get a AT from his games, not one from a seperate series(especialy the main character of that series that is like him). it just doesnt make sense to have him as a AT with classic. especial with them being so similar. normaly similarity isnt a problem, but in this case it is just too close unless he used a ride armor or had one of his upgrade suits but still...it just wouldnt be right. I ould think we would get protoman, or bass, or even gutsman or cutman.
Don't forget Zero

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Don't forget Zero
I didnt, I was saying that if we got a assist trophy to go with classic it should be one from his games.

if we got X without a zero team up, then zero would be the most probable AT. if we got zero as a assist trophy with classic, that would be very wierd, IMO at least.

EDIT:
@BB22 yes I know there is no rule, but I think if we got a assist trophy for megaman classic it would be from the classic games, I saying it would be more consitent that way.

and I know X doesnt like fighting, but he realised that the lesser of the two evils would be to end the fighting by joining in the battle. and if he was in the SSE you know that he would know that the only way to save the world would be to take the fight to the SSE floating guy.

he would make a uber assist trophy ya, but it still seems inconsistent to me.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I didnt, I was saying that if we got a assist trophy to go with classic it should be one from his games.

if we got X without a zero team up, then zero would be the most probable AT. if we got zero as a assist trophy with classic, that would be very wierd, IMO at least.

EDIT:
@BB22 yes I know there is no rule, but I think if we got a assist trophy for megaman classic it would be from the classic games, I saying it would be more consitent that way.

and I know X doesnt like fighting, but he realised that the lesser of the two evils would be to end the fighting by joining in the battle. and if he was in the SSE you know that he would know that the only way to save the world would be to take the fight to the SSE floating guy.

he would make a uber assist trophy ya, but it still seems inconsistent to me.
well the way i see it is this.

-i love X, and I love classic.
-i figure classics got a better shot at being a PC, and deserves it more
-but i still want to see X in brawl, so the only option is an AT.

plus, itd be pretty cool to see X come out and pwn everbody. especially if you were classic when you called him, it'd be like calling your big brother (even though he's younger) to come help in a fight

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
well the way i see it is this.

-i love X, and I love classic.
-i figure classics got a better shot at being a PC, and deserves it more
-but i still want to see X in brawl, so the only option is an AT.

plus, itd be pretty cool to see X come out and pwn everbody. especially if you were classic when you called him, it'd be like calling your big brother (even though he's younger) to come help in a fight
I understad what you are saying.
I would like both in to, so if I was to get X would I still want classic in? yes.
I would think the best solution is alternate costumes, but it seems like it wouldnt happen unless you could unlock them or megaman was a extreme case.(wasnt classic the same height as doctor light? cause I think X was only a little taller if not the same height as the doctor.)
but in any case if I got X in I would like classic but not as a assist trophy. it just doesnt seem right to me. If I got classic I wouldnt want to see a X AT, if I got X I wouldnt want to see a classic AT. it seems like a unfair treatment and very inconsistent. like slopy almost. but we are argueing opions here, I dont see a AT of the other happening, and you do. we realy cant prove eachother at this point, but maybe after we get more info.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
-Megaman Classic would be the only playable Megaman character.

-X will be a altnerate look, like classic Zelda for Zelda

-EXE could make a few color changes, or even Zero, and a few others.

-All other Megamans make camoeo apperances, are ATs, etc.

-Protoman, would have to be a AT, possibly with some influence in the story! XD

-Dr. Wily would be a boss, definitely, with maybe a clay cyclops thingy and a metal giant dragon machine
thingy.

-Bass could be a alternate Megaman look, but would most likely be a factor in the story; probably a boss, and possibly with Trouble.

-Dr. Light and Roll would need to play some roll in the Subspace Emissary Story Mode, possibly giving Megaman help and stuff. Maybe even that one guy from like Megaman IV or V or something who helped Megaman.

-Rush should either be a part of the Megaman moveset, be used in the Subspace Emissary, or be a item or something! >_<

-Gutsman would also make a great AT, and a likely one.

-A few other characters would have a good shot at important rolls and whatnot in the Subspace Emissary, being ATs, NPCs, etc. Of course there would be TONS OF MEGAMAN TROPHIES AND STICKER! :laugh:

Agreed....=???.... XD

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
-Megaman Classic would be the only playable Megaman character.

-X will be a altnerate look, like classic Zelda for Zelda
alternate cotsume or alternate color? personaly I want an alternate costume.
-EXE could make a few color changes, or even Zero, and a few others.
easiest way to have a X alternate and have zero would be a X/megaman zero/protoman deal. as in X and zero team as alternates to megaman and proto team up similar to zelda and shiek team up thingy whatever.
-All other Megamans make camoeo apperances, are ATs, etc.
well at least ones worth the time, at the present I only see one or two assist trophies at the most per third party franchise.
-Protoman, would have to be a AT, possibly with some influence in the story! XD
change protoman to bass, then were good. or maybe duo(is that the right guy?)
-Dr. Wily would be a boss, definitely, with maybe a clay cyclops thingy and a metal giant dragon machine
thingy.
or sigma if we had X.
-Bass could be a alternate Megaman look, but would most likely be a factor in the story; probably a boss, and possibly with Trouble.
what I said under the protoman part.
-Dr. Light and Roll would need to play some roll in the Subspace Emissary Story Mode, possibly giving Megaman help and stuff. Maybe even that one guy from like Megaman IV or V or something who helped Megaman.
we cant get too intricit, I only see a little from the megaman univers being used in his story since he has to team up with other characters.
-Rush should either be a part of the Megaman moveset, be used in the Subspace Emissary, or be a item or something! >_<
rush adapter final smash. megaman X alternate gets an armor with the same effects so its a looks change only between final smashes.
-Gutsman would also make a great AT, and a likely one.
with classic yes definatly or a boss.
-A few other characters would have a good shot at important rolls and whatnot in the Subspace Emissary, being ATs, NPCs, etc. Of course there would be TONS OF MEGAMAN TROPHIES AND STICKER! :laugh:
the whole trophies and stickers part yes, but I dont see alot in the ATs part or SSE part.
Agreed....=???.... XD
some what.

instead of breaking it into little quotes I just added into it.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You know what we've all overlooked whenever we had to speculate possible ats and bosses from the X world?

Colonel & The X-Hunters

Just something random that popped up in my head

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
Before talking about boss, it would only be fair to know if third party bosses are included in brawl or even if 3rd party characters (snake / sonic) are part of the SSE. As far as i know, SSE could simply work around all the starters.

Random question : In terms of gameplay (not innovation and impact), which megaman game did u prefer?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Before talking about boss, it would only be fair to know if third party bosses are included in brawl or even if 3rd party characters (snake / sonic) are part of the SSE. As far as i know, SSE could simply work around all the starters.

Random question : In terms of gameplay (not innovation and impact), which megaman game did u prefer?
Well , in the "Sonic Joins the Brawl" trailer, there are some scenes of what look like SSE enemies. So I believe it's safe to assume that 3rd parties will participate in the SSE. And with that, 3rd party bosses are not outside the realm of possibilty.

@BK - As cool as the Colonel is, I just don't think he or the X-Hunters are feasible. The X Series having an involvement in the SSE is a stretch as is, so they would probably go with the more well known or popular X cast like Sigma or Vile.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Well , in the "Sonic Joins the Brawl" trailer, there are some scenes of what look like SSE enemies. So I believe it's safe to assume that 3rd parties will participate in the SSE. .
True, There is a part in SSE when you can choose to be Mario or Sonic.

It might be sometimes after Pit Falls, when you can be Mario or Pit. Maybe Pit leaves and you get to be Sonic if you want.

Maybe.

Alot of the enemies in SSE look Mega Man-ish-style.
Agree?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
True, There is a part in SSE when you can choose to be Mario or Sonic.

It might be sometimes after Pit Falls, when you can be Mario or Pit. Maybe Pit leaves and you get to be Sonic if you want.

Maybe.

Alot of the enemies in SSE look Mega Man-ish-style.
Agree?
Not so much the enemies, but there are rails-and-platforms that resemble such obstacles in Crashman's stage.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
You know what we've all overlooked whenever we had to speculate possible ats and bosses from the X world?

Colonel & The X-Hunters

Just something random that popped up in my head
interesting idea, but it would probably be sigma or something since he was the most reacuring villain. this is assumeing we only get one boss from a megaman game.

I prefered X personaly.
Well , in the "Sonic Joins the Brawl" trailer, there are some scenes of what look like SSE enemies. So I believe it's safe to assume that 3rd parties will participate in the SSE. And with that, 3rd party bosses are not outside the realm of possibilty.

@BK - As cool as the Colonel is, I just don't think he or the X-Hunters are feasible. The X Series having an involvement in the SSE is a stretch as is, so they would probably go with the more well known or popular X cast like Sigma or Vile.
I well this is assumeing X is the one in. I dont see X villains getting into the SSE with him being a stretch at all. in fact X getting in isnt that much of a stretch to begin with to me at least. but characters like starfail and legends are stretches.
and ya it would be vile or sigma who would be put in.
Not so much the enemies, but there are rails-and-platforms that resemble such obstacles in Crashman's stage.
well, I think we have to expect something to look silimar to a megaman stage since we have stages of every possible envirorment. so having elements from megaman is a unintentional possibility. or it could have happened on purpose, we will just have to wait and see.

I prefer exe.... HA HA XD ONLY JKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok enough.

And yhea I agree with BB if any of the X series people were to be involved in SE it would be the more popular ones that everyone knows about.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Megaman vs Samus. Has to happen.

Copy Battle: You: Kirby. Opponent: Mega Man. The other opponent is Jigglypuff.

As Kirby. You must copy Jigglypuff and defeat Mega Man using Rollout before Mega Man copies Jigglypuff and uses Hard Knuckle against Kirby.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I think one of the events could be the blue bomber vs the blue blur.
or we could have the battle of the icons, Sonic vs Snake vs Mario vs Mega Man

alliteration FTW!

well there is one more thing we havent talked about much that can sometimes make or break a character. Voice acting. Classic mega man has a bad rep for getting terrible voice actors in the american version of his games. If he gets in, i don want him sounding like a little girl (thank you mm8)! i just want him to sound like a guy his age.

Now we have no problem for X. His voice actor is superb and fits him perfectly. I believe his name is cole howard. For classic, i would be fine with the voice actor from powered up, but i think they could do better.

Any suggestions?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

alliteration FTW!

well there is one more thing we havent talked about much that can sometimes make or break a character. Voice acting. Classic mega man has a bad rep for getting terrible voice actors in the american version of his games. If he gets in, i don want him sounding like a little girl (thank you mm8)! i just want him to sound like a guy his age.

Now we have no problem for X. His voice actor is superb and fits him perfectly. I believe his name is cole howard. For classic, i would be fine with the voice actor from powered up, but i think they could do better.

Any suggestions?
Err...Mark Gatha is X's voice actor. If I remember correctly, Cole Howard is in fact classic Megaman's voice in Powered Up.

Those are good choices. Alternatively for classic Megaman, I'd like Trigger's MML1 voice actor, I believe his name was Corey...something. I'd be fine with either him or Cole.

Edit: Ok, I found his last name. It's Corey Sevier.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Err...Mark Gatha is X's voice actor. If I remember correctly, Cole Howard is in fact classic Megaman's voice in Powered Up.

Those are good choices. Alternatively for classic Megaman, I'd like Trigger's MML1 voice actor, I believe his name was Corey...something. I'd be fine with either him or Cole.

thanks for the correction aqua rock, imma go watch a cutscene form legends (havent played in a while) and see how the voice acting was from mm. just from my memory i rember it being pretty good.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
In this order

X Series
Legends
(The taboo) Zero Series

it's really hard for me to put one above the other, so assume that each only has 1/2 a point above the other

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

alliteration FTW!

Any suggestions?
Im not good with names so I wouldnt know anyone who could do it well.

MM trigger's voice actor would be great. but wouldnt some people feel like its a bit of a "turn off" since that voice belonged to trigger first? maybe if they made it a tiny bit more child like it would work.
thanks for the correction aqua rock, imma go watch a cutscene form legends (havent played in a while) and see how the voice acting was from mm. just from my memory i rember it being pretty good.
IMO it was ok, it felt like they made his voice a little to high pitched to me but other than that it fit very well.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I have no clue what everyone is discussing now so I figured I'd drop in and just say...Mega Man 4 Brawl.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
we were trying to figure out a good megaman classic voice actor since X and zero's are already easy to figure out. megaman in megaman 8 had a bad voice actor.
bass-"shut up!"
BASS, WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
ah good times.
personally, I think they should use legend's voice, since the powered up voice sounded too old, and the MM8 one sounds too wooden. but I wouldn't really mind the MM8 one. Something about it just had a so-bad-its-awesome charm to it.

heck, did anyone hear X's voice in MMX4? He sounded exactly the same as MM8 classic, which I found absolutely hilarious.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Airmicro said:
My favorite games:
1. Zero Series (gasp)...
2. X Series (double gasp)...
3. DASH Series (triple gasp)...
4. Classic (MM 9 would change this)...
5. MM ZX...
6-56. Random spin-off Megaman games...
57. Battle Network...
58. StarFail...Force...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
My favorite games:
1. Zero Series (gasp)...
2. X Series (double gasp)...
3. DASH Series (triple gasp)...
4. Classic (MM 9 would change this)...
5. MM ZX...
6-56. Random spin-off Megaman games...
57. Battle Network...
58. StarFail...Force...
someone brave enough to put the zero series first??? sounds good to me!:chuckle:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Zero is awesome...
He derserved a series...he got one...it was good...
I honestly dont see why people hate it so much...
And thank u for not flaming me...
Same here, and flame you? Zero's series was absolute win.

EDIT - Honestly, I don't see Zero series as a series persay, I see it as more of a post last X game add on with a beautiful and kickass story and characters (Guardians for the Win!) hence my reasoning for X=Zero=Legends.

(i only wish they could have made at least one or two wily references... or maybe an uber X reappearance, and what about poor Iris, lol? a memory fragment/flashback would have been cool)

SiD

Smash Master
You miss the point...
Im saying it was stupid for us to change the names initially...
I dont care if you go around saying Bass instead of Forte...
Just, dont bash his "true" name...
Now read my apology-ish thing and DROP IT...
Apology? You basically said, "I'm not sorry for insulting you because you have a different opinion". **** you. Oh, don't take offense to that, you know, it's just the internet. See how stupid that is? Jack ***.

Top Bottom