• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

SiD

Smash Master
Um, no, his name is Megaman. Who cares why they stupidly changed the names, they still did. And Forte is gay anyway.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143

For all the X supporters (myself included) courtesy of liline (best **** X series/zero series artist on deviantArt in my opinion)

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Um, no, his name is Megaman. Who cares why they stupidly changed the names, they still did. And Forte is gay anyway.
Forte means power/strong...
Is being powerful gay???
In that light, youve just insulted every incarnation of Rock, Zero, and d@mn near every game character in existance...
Congratulations...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The actual reason why "Rockman" was changed to "Megaman" was because "Rock" was a popular term for some kind of drug at the time, so they changed it to megaman to avoid confusion. They just changed Blues and Forte because capcom of america likes being ******** with names.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
The actual reason why "Rockman" was changed to "Megaman" was because "Rock" was a popular term for some kind of drug at the time, so they changed it to megaman to avoid confusion. They just changed Blues and Forte because capcom of america likes being ******** with names.
At least some people have common sense...
@Sid...
Forte should have stayed Forte...
Gospel should have stayed Gospel...
Blues blah blah Blues...
It was just ******** on our part to change that...

EDIT: Besides, Bass means low decible sound...
powerful>low sound....

SiD

Smash Master
Bass still sounds cooler than Forte, and taht's all that matters for a name. And don't be a ****, dude.

And I didn't say they should have changed it, but they did, so his name is Bass. Don't like it? Move to Japan.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Bass still sounds cooler than Forte, and taht's all that matters for a name. And don't be a ****, dude.

And I didn't say they should have changed it, but they did, so his name is Bass. Don't like it? Move to Japan.
Or how about I just say Forte???
What you think sounds "cooler" is your opinion...
I just think its stupid for us (USA) to be different from everyone else...
It makes us (USA) look stupid...

SiD

Smash Master
Being different is stupid.....

Right....

Plus, I believe it's only Rockman in Japan, so that'd make them different.. But I'm not too sure about that one.

Either way, don't treat me like I'm stupid or something, ****. No need to be a *******.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
how about we all agree that the black robot with a wolf dog is pwnage, shake hands and forget all about japan vs usa pt. 2?

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Being different is stupid.....

Right....

Plus, I believe it's only Rockman in Japan, so that'd make them different.. But I'm not too sure about that one.

Either way, don't treat me like I'm stupid or something, ****. No need to be a *******.
WHOA, WHOa, WHoa, Whoa, whoa...
Who said you were stupid???
I just said you were entitled to your own opinion about which name you like more...
I never meant to insult you personally, just challenge your claims and debate my own...
Please take no offense at anything I have said that was implying that you are "stupid"...

SiD

Smash Master
At least some people have common sense...
@Sid...
Forte should have stayed Forte...
Gospel should have stayed Gospel...
Blues blah blah Blues...
It was just ******** on our part to change that...

EDIT: Besides, Bass means low decible sound...
powerful>low sound....
Well, as you can see, that sounds very condescending.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Well, as you can see, that sounds very condescending.
No...I cant...drop it...
Next subject please...
EDIT: Or at least not in regards to you...(Stupid Capcom of America)...
ReEdit: Oooohh...I see it now...
Um...no offense...but...grow up...
In a place where people are allowed to speak their mind your going to hear/see a lot of things that may contradict you or your position...
By the # of posts you have I assume youre familiar with this...
So please...If I say something like that...dont just go off about how Im insulting you...
Im sorry if it hurt your feelings, but Im not sorry I said it...

SiD

Smash Master
Ok, so saying I have no common sense because I call them by their American names.....

And you can't see that....

...and I'm the one with no common sense....

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143

For all the X supporters (myself included) courtesy of liline (best **** X series/zero series artist on deviantArt in my opinion)
how about we all agree that the black robot with a wolf dog is pwnage, shake hands and forget all about japan vs usa pt. 2?
Ugh... bumped to promote unity among the thread's brethren once more

tirkaro

Smash Champion
listen, who cares? we can call the robots anything we like. It doesn't matter if we're "American" or "Japanese." We call them what we want and thats that.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so saying I have no common sense because I call them by their American names.....

And you can't see that....

...and I'm the one with no common sense....
You miss the point...
Im saying it was stupid for us to change the names initially...
I dont care if you go around saying Bass instead of Forte...
Just, dont bash his "true" name...
Now read my apology-ish thing and DROP IT...

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Agreed with BK and Tirkaro. Does it matter? Megaman is Rockman, Rockman is Megaman, if someone prefers one name, then they should have the right too.

And yeah, that Command Mission pic rocks too!

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Agreed with BK and Tirkaro. Does it matter? Megaman is Rockman, Rockman is Megaman, if someone prefers one name, then they should have the right too.

And yeah, that Command Mission pic rocks too!
Worry not...
Im done arguing...
Now...
I agree...that is a good pic...
But is it X or Copy X???

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Worry not...
Im done arguing...
Now...
But is it X or Copy X???
It's X from Command Mission, and if I remember the artist's notes correctly, it depicts the first stage of the game, Lagrano Ruins. And quite well I might add.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
It's X from Command Mission, and if I remember the artist's notes correctly, it depicts the first stage of the game, Lagrano Ruins. And quite well I might add.
Thanks...
I havent gotten around to playing MMCM yet...
I gotta do that...
Anyway...I asked cuz the art style is similar to that of the Zero games in the facial/helmet regions...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
nice pic.(I cut it out so we dont have to scroll through it thee more times, no matter how nice it is, it does get annoying.)
I thought rock in japan also meant mega, oh well, my japanese sucks anyway. I plan on learning it if I can, japanese is become alot more involved in my life every day.
Or how about I just say Forte???
What you think sounds "cooler" is your opinion...
I just think its stupid for us (USA) to be different from everyone else...
It makes us (USA) look stupid...
changeing the name doesnt make us stupid realy, I personaly like the name megaman.
that is the best agreement we can come too.
listen, who cares? we can call the robots anything we like. It doesn't matter if we're "American" or "Japanese." We call them what we want and thats that.
yes thank you, I dont see why we are argueing about names anyway, it doesnt matter at all what we call him.(unless it is a insult, then its a problem)
Worry not...
Im done arguing...
Now...
But is it X or Copy X???
^what he said.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
here you go, all you people who would rather have X over classic, starphoenix sent me this link

http://blogs.ign.com/phoenixdragoon/2007/11/27/72826

some of the guys reasonings are flawed, but it should be a good read for you guys...

I didn't like that article when I read it some time ago...It seems bias and yeah, flawed...

I want to hear the announcer say "MEGAMAN" when you select the character, not "X"

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I didn't like that article when I read it some time ago...It seems bias and yeah, flawed...

I want to hear the announcer say "MEGAMAN" when you select the character, not "X"
i heard the announcer voice say, "MEGA MAN!" when i read that psycho And then i could quickly click C.F. and then Mega Man so i could hear "Captain Mega Man!". and i agree, that guy acted like he had facts, but it was all just opinion.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
here you go, all you people who would rather have X over classic, starphoenix sent me this link

http://blogs.ign.com/phoenixdragoon/2007/11/27/72826

some of the guys reasonings are flawed, but it should be a good read for you guys...
I liked the article(but then again I am a X supporter so that is to be expected) thanks for pointing it out.
my favorite part was when he pointed out the X&zero team<3 Im glad I wasnt the only one who thought of it.

he still can.
MMClassic > MMX

Not by a lot, but just enough.
i heard the announcer voice say, "MEGA MAN!" when i read that psycho And then i could quickly click C.F. and then Mega Man so i could hear "Captain Mega Man!". and i agree, that guy acted like he had facts, but it was all just opinion.
well...I wouldnt say ALL but ya, alot of it is opinion. but then again, saying classic would fit better than X is opinion too. alot of what we all say is opinion. but what this guy said doesnt change anything. I'l research this information if I get time to see if what he says is true. but for now I'll let it be a comforting thought and nothing more. I still think classic is a bit more likely, but I dont want to argue over this and have us another X vs classic arguement.

and please, I dont want to see/hear any "ya because we all know classic is the one that will happen" stuff replying to this message, it gets on my nerves when that happens. and it will start the X versus classic stuff I mentioned earlier.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know the announcer will say "X" if X is the one to get into Brawl and not Megaman

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
You know the announcer will say "X" if X is the one to get into Brawl and not Megaman
...no...we dont know that...he can be called:
megaman,
megaman X,
X,
or if in a zero team..
X and zero,
megaman X and zero,
or something more creative for there team,
maybe even just megaman, kinda like you can get shiek and zelda, but they are just called zelda(and yes I know they are one person but you get what I mean).

I think he can still be called megaman, it makes plenty of sense.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...no...we dont know that...he can be called:
megaman,
megaman X,
X,
or if in a zero team..
X and zero,
megaman X and zero,
or something more creative for there team,
maybe even just megaman, kinda like you can get shiek and zelda, but they are just called zelda(and yes I know they are one person but you get what I mean).

I think he can still be called megaman, it makes plenty of sense.
In the American version, he is ONLY called X.

He would be called X if in Brawl, that's the only way it would make sense

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
In the American version, he is ONLY called X.

He would be called X if in Brawl, that's the only way it would make sense
you know what, it doesnt matter what he is called, if he is called X it is correct, if he is called megaman it works, either way it can work and sound good.

besides, it doesnt matter if he was called X in all of his games, alot of people still refere to him as megaman. so its not like if he was called megaman people would be confused, so I dont see the problem.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
as characters i like X and classic mega man equally. i accept them both because they were both made by Inafune and Dr. Light lol.

i just think classic derserves the spot in brawl more because he is the original. Sure X may have superior weaponry, but without classic, X wouldnt be here. You gotta pay your respects.

Classic Mega Man for Brawl, X for the next smash

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
*random-hey how tall was classic to doctor light anyways?

@firedragon_jing I personaly dont see that happening, it would be cool but I think we would only see one of them first.

@BB22 yes I do respect classic alot but the reason I want X in is because I enjoyed his games more, plus I like his look alot more. no hard feelings to classic, as his games were fun(but I only played one X game, 1 classic game, 1 exe. game, and 1 legends game so I only had a taste of all of them but enough to gain an opinion)

classic has earned his right for getting in since he started the series, but I just like X over all more. that is why I support X more than classic. I mean classic no harm. he has earned his place.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
true, but id rather have it be all original and X as an AT
sorry but that still wouldnt make sense. if we got classic then we should get a AT from his games, not one from a seperate series(especialy the main character of that series that is like him). it just doesnt make sense to have him as a AT with classic. especial with them being so similar. normaly similarity isnt a problem, but in this case it is just too close unless he used a ride armor or had one of his upgrade suits but still...it just wouldnt be right. I ould think we would get protoman, or bass, or even gutsman or cutman.

@firedragon-jing I would like to see his ultimate armor, it seems the most elegent. or maybe his armor from X 1, it simplicity makes it cool yet effective, plus alot more people might recognise it, but that realy all depends...

Top Bottom