• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Apology? You basically said, "I'm not sorry for insulting you because you have a different opinion". **** you. Oh, don't take offense to that, you know, it's just the internet. See how stupid that is? Jack ***.
hey Sid, i thought this was all over?

SiD

Smash Master
It wasn't, I just wasn't here. And now I got nothing better to do. ANd that guy is a jack ***. The world must know.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...when Mega Man is revealed, will anyone be convinced to use the NES style wii-mote controls? I will. I can't wait to play the greatness that is the NES Mega Man games again. Even better, use that control method to destroy people using Sonic and Meta Knight online.

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
It wasn't, I just wasn't here. And now I got nothing better to do. ANd that guy is a jack ***. The world must know.

Lets not become like these ridley maniacs shall we?

Having a megaman attitude = beeing cool :chuckle:

No seriously, about megaman voice acting, do you think it is really necessary? considering he didnt talk at all during the first few games.

Edit : added quote

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...when Mega Man is revealed, will anyone be convinced to use the NES style wii-mote controls? I will. I can't wait to play the greatness that is the NES Mega Man games again. Even better, use that control method to destroy people using Sonic and Meta Knight online.
I don't think any character alone is going to convince anyone in using any control style unless they feel comfortable with it.

...Unless certain characters work better with different controllers...

Hmmm...I wonder if that could work.

Regardless, I wanna try Nunchuk control first

Austin55

Smash Journeyman

No seriously, about megaman voice acting, do you think it is really necessary? considering he didnt talk at all during the first few games.
Well, considering Meta Knight and even Pit have voice actors, it's almost certain that if Mega Man is in the game, he will have a voice actor.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Same here, and flame you? Zero's series was absolute win.

EDIT - Honestly, I don't see Zero series as a series persay, I see it as more of a post last X game add on with a beautiful and kickass story and characters (Guardians for the Win!) hence my reasoning for X=Zero=Legends.

(i only wish they could have made at least one or two wily references... or maybe an uber X reappearance, and what about poor Iris, lol? a memory fragment/flashback would have been cool)
Ahhhh...
Sweet...a Zero fan...
I guess it kinda did act as a mini-series...
It being a precursor for the Elf Wars maybe...
As far as Zero's past references...
If youll go back to Zero 1, youll remember they played plot-device numero uno...amnesia...
So yeah...they had an unfortunate excuse to not reflect on his past...
-If I were Axl...I would transform into Iris and "haunt" Zero on halloween-

EDIT:@Sid...
Ok...Im an @$$...get over it...or go away...

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Because you would know all about that wouldn't you? In aaallllll of your 31 posts!
I just dont post often and i checked a lot of things that happened with the ridley thread and y it as been banned. I know about the secret ridley forum cause i read a topic from a guy that inflitrated it.

Anyway, im sorry if i offensed u.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
I just dont post often and i checked a lot of things that happened with the ridley thread and y it as been banned. I know about the secret ridley forum cause i read a topic from a guy that inflitrated it.

Anyway, im sorry if i offensed u.
Why was Ridley banned...
I never got that...

SiD

Smash Master
Lol, you tell me to go away. You know what? I just remembered about the ignore button. Problem solved.

Anyway, Megaman's voice actors always sucked though.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Eh who cares? Its a fighting game, how high of a priority is the voice acting compared to overral gameplay?

Secret? You mean the one everyone knew about? And considering you have been here since October I don't think you know anything that happened in the Ridley thread.

And I hardly thinking becoming a member is infiltration and most of it was him trolling and spamming it up anyway.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Ahhhh...
Sweet...a Zero fan...
I guess it kinda did act as a mini-series...
It being a precursor for the Elf Wars maybe...
As far as Zero's past references...
If youll go back to Zero 1, youll remember they played plot-device numero uno...amnesia...
So yeah...they had an unfortunate excuse to not reflect on his past...
-If I were Axl...I would transform into Iris and "haunt" Zero on halloween-

EDIT:@Sid...
Ok...Im an @$$...get over it...or go away...
First off, amnesia's a *****.... four games and not one **** thought comes back to him? Maverick hunter HQ, Sigma, Vile? His favorite ice cream, lol? They must have the greatest hibernation capsules if you dont remember that much **** waking back up...

Secondly, i've always wanted a Megaman X (or even Zero) anime just to see that happen (the Axl into Iris thing) .Gawd, Zero can be funny.. people just think he's cold because there's no more character interaction with hm and with that

[/rant]

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Quote from: Heat Man
Here's a quick list of some additional facts and announcements from the Rockman 20th anniversary event in Japan, some of them interesting and some of them a little random.

-On Nov. 22nd, when Ryuusei no Rockman 2 releases, Capcom will open a Misora Hibiki (Sonia Strumm) homepage on the RnR 2 site. Should be interesting.

-Following the Rockman Zero Official Complete Works, Capcom will release the Rockman & Rockman X Official Complete Works this coming March. It's uncertain for the moment if both series will have their own books or be combined.

-A new Rockman Megamix by Hitoshi Ariga is in the works. Apparently a Rockman 3 based manuscript was on hand at the event.

-For the first time Keiji Inafune revealed the inspiration for the characters Zero and Vile. Zero's basis is said to be from a character named Solo in the game Strider Hiryu. Meanwhile, Vile is purportedly based on the character Bubba Zenetti from Mad Max. And here you all thought it was Boba Fett.

-As stated before, Keiji announced he wants to make a new Rockman game. The key phrase here is "wants to," nothing certain was mentioned at the event. Still, it's hardly doubtful a new Rockman wouldn't be coming sooner or later, and I also don't think Keiji is the type to make trifling comments in the face of a huge audience of excitable Rockman fans.
Hey guys, just finished skimming the Rockman Perfect Memories page and i found this tidbit there... it's a good read and i thought you'd all like to see the inspiration for 2 of the recurring characters in the X series as well as word of a perfect works for both the classic and X series (does this mean no more games from either????)

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
hey ERROR this ones for you. since we both want megaman in but slightly prefer x, which x game was your favorite, personally x3 takes me back as well as x1 but so far my favorite is x3 . so whats yours?

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
First off, amnesia's a *****.... four games and not one **** thought comes back to him? Maverick hunter HQ, Sigma, Vile? His favorite ice cream, lol? They must have the greatest hibernation capsules if you dont remember that much **** waking back up...

Secondly, i've always wanted a Megaman X (or even Zero) anime just to see that happen (the Axl into Iris thing) .Gawd, Zero can be funny.. people just think he's cold because there's no more character interaction with hm and with that

[/rant]
The thing with Zero's amnesia is...
Not only was he in stasis for 100+ years...
He was ripped out 9f his real body and placed in a more modeen one...
Maybe...when pulling out his brain...they got too close to a big magnet...

EDIT: Anybody else notice were nearly at 10000 posts???

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
The thing with Zero's amnesia is...
Not only was he in stasis for 100+ years...
He was ripped out 9f his real body and placed in a more modeen one...
Maybe...when pulling out his brain...they got too close to a big magnet...

EDIT: Anybody else notice were nearly at 10000 posts???
two things

1 - ok so soul ripping out is a very cheap way of saying he wont be remembering anything anytime soon.. (in regards to my earlier iris outburst, it was becauseafter the endings of Z2 - z3 the mother elf stuck me as being, well, Iris with 1337 god-mod powers) it would have also helped if theydeveloped the more prominent characters (Harpuia was good enough, but Leviathan and Fefnir were almost afterthoughts) and made some Mother Elf closure. (See my fanfiction in the future and i'll try to show you what i mean)

2. 10000 posts is nothing to dedicated Megaman heads!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I have no clue what everyone is discussing now so I figured I'd drop in and just say...Mega Man 4 Brawl.
hello del

BASS, WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
ah good times.
personally, I think they should use legend's voice, since the powered up voice sounded too old, and the MM8 one sounds too wooden. but I wouldn't really mind the MM8 one. Something about it just had a so-bad-its-awesome charm to it.

heck, did anyone hear X's voice in MMX4? He sounded exactly the same as MM8 classic, which I found absolutely hilarious.
dont remind tirkaro, oh the horror

Edit : added quote
They need VA, you have no idea how annoying it would be if MM's VA sucked

Eh who cares? Its a fighting game, how high of a priority is the voice acting compared to overral gameplay?
you obviously have never played mm X4 :)

Voice actor, so what. All you need for this game as a VA are a few grunts and some yelling. Lol.
Hard to fail at that.
you obviously have never played mm X4 :)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
"NOT SO FAST WILEY!!!!11!!"

Ah, I remember the voice acting from MM8. I couldn't stop laughing at Megaman's high-pitched, whiny-*** voice.

Smooth Criminal

Del Money

Smash Champion
Oh and I have played any Mega Man Anniversary Collection since summer vaca ended. So I'm still on MM2, but the semester is almost over and once it ends, I'll get back into it. Then maybe I'll vomit at the atrocious voice-acting as well.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

elee88

Smash Cadet
w00t. megaman for super smash brother brawl. I thought that I was the only one who wanted him until I checked out these boards. haha.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Oh and I have played any Mega Man Anniversary Collection since summer vaca ended. So I'm still on MM2, but the semester is almost over and once it ends, I'll get back into it. Then maybe I'll vomit at the atrocious voice-acting as well.

Mega Man 4 Brawl
yeah school first Del, only then can you truly appreciate the frustration that is mega man voice acting.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
-Following the Rockman Zero Official Complete Works, Capcom will release the Rockman & Rockman X Official Complete Works this coming March. It's uncertain for the moment if both series will have their own books or be combined.

Hey guys, just finished skimming the Rockman Perfect Memories page and i found this tidbit there... it's a good read and i thought you'd all like to see the inspiration for 2 of the recurring characters in the X series as well as word of a perfect works for both the classic and X series (does this mean no more games from either????)
Im worried you may be right, but we have gotten collections before of these series,but not on such a scale.megaman1-8 and X1-8 which would only fit on a next gen console disk. but from the sound of things going on there, the megaman series in general seems to be slowing down alot, if not starting to come to a stop.

hey ERROR this ones for you. since we both want megaman in but slightly prefer x, which x game was your favorite, personally x3 takes me back as well as x1 but so far my favorite is x3 . so whats yours?
hmmm... well I only got to play 2 X games(I found out finally that I played in all megaman 4, X4(after reaserching I found out I played X4 not X7), megaman legends 1, exe.3, and megaman Xtreme.) my favorite out of the two X games I played was megaman X4.(note I never had the chance to beat megaman Xtreme)

EDIT ****it its been too long, I also played X5. Im sorry, I havnt played any of these games in so long my memory sucks. so I played 3 X games in all.

Voice actor, so what. All you need for this game as a VA are a few grunts and some yelling. Lol.
Hard to fail at that.
you'd be suprised what people can mess up.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Im worried you may be right, but we have gotten collections before of these series,but not on such a scale.megaman1-8 and X1-8 which would only fit on a next gen console disk. but from the sound of things going on there, the megaman series in general seems to be slowing down alot, if not starting to come to a stop.
nnnoooooo!!! say it ain't so!!!

also in regards to who had the worst vas in mm8 - Dr. [Elmer Fudd] Light:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Lets get to the topic ooooooooffffff..... Mega mans stage!!

So anyone want to make any (More) stage pictures?
I would love too, but I dont have the artistic skills.(or skills with piant at the moment)
nnnoooooo!!! say it ain't so!!!

also in regards to who had the worst vas in mm8 - Dr. [Elmer Fudd] Light:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
I doubt that it will come to a stop just yet, but I think that after all we have read, the rest of you guys are feeling it too, I just hope I am completely wrong about this, and expect myself to be in a way.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I doubt that it will come to a stop just yet, but I think that after all we have read, the rest of you guys are feeling it too, I just hope I am completely wrong about this, and expect myself to be in a way.
look at that video interview of inafune i linked you to, then you'll feel better. He doesnt want to end the series and probably never will....:)

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
Nice stage (xept for the bugged background but who cares)

However, don't u think the low platform will result in some sort of camping?

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
Also, are u using simple paint tools? so i could actually do some. I'm still thinkin about some WTF stage using quickman's beam of destruction.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Also, are u using simple paint tools? so i could actually do some. I'm still thinkin about some WTF stage using quickman's beam of destruction.
like i said instakill lasers = win

and guys what about disappearing and reappearing blocks/platforms? it just wouldn't be megaman without them

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
like i said instakill lasers = win

and guys what about disappearing and reappearing blocks/platforms? it just wouldn't be megaman without them
Oh god i so hated these, especially in heatman stage (MM2) were u had to go through a gigantic hole by memorizing (and dying) all the platforms and timing.

But u kno, that could be a really good idea, since MM is a hard platformer and making a hard stage to survive in would only fit with the MM universe. However, i don't kno if id prefer some wacky lvl or some good not-bannable MM stage so i could hear the music over and over.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Oh god i so hated these, especially in heatman stage (MM2) were u had to go through a gigantic hole by memorizing (and dying) all the platforms and timing.

But u kno, that could be a really good idea, since MM is a hard platformer and making a hard stage to survive in would only fit with the MM universe. However, i don't kno if id prefer some wacky lvl or some good not-bannable MM stage so i could hear the music over and over.
im hopin we get both. but if i had to choose, id take balanced one cuz mm music is too good.

Top Bottom