• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
trigger and .exe/starforce are all their own completely seperate series' in my opinion.
.exe/starforce = definitely seperate
Trigger, however, I must disagree. Several indications in both new and old games tend to show a relation. Megaman Juno called Trigger an "irregular" or as we commonly know it "Maverick", the reaverbot eyes in megaman zero, and look at Prometheus' helemet - its a freakin reaverbot skull. If you dont see the connection, thats ok, but I just want to pull out the straight facts.

EDIT: Also, Elysium (the final area in MML2) was mistranslated and was known to the Japanese as heaven. In Megaman ZX, you can uncover a blueprint known soley as "Project Heaven." Coincidences? I think not.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
.exe/starforce = definitely seperate
Trigger, however, I must disagree. Several indications in both new and old games tend to show a relation. Megaman Juno called Trigger an "irregular" or as we commonly know it "Maverick", the reaverbot eyes in megaman zero, and look at Prometheus' helemet - its a freakin reaverbot skull. If you dont see the connection, thats ok, but I just want to pull out the straight facts.
I didnt play all the way through megaman64 sorry. so I didnt catch the part about the Irregular or skull thing.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Prometheus was in ZX, but yeah thats ok. I needed a little wikipedia to refresh my memory anyway.
I'm kinda bummed there wont be a third MM DASH/Legends for a while (or even ever). Too costly. WAY too costly.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
Megaman from Battle Network is basically a high-tech version of Link....bombs, sword, sometimes boomerang. All Megaman needs is the cannon, sword and bombs and he's good...I guess. Link is still better though.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Megaman from Battle Network is basically a high-tech version of Link....bombs, sword, sometimes boomerang. All Megaman needs is the cannon, sword and bombs and he's good...I guess. Link is still better though.
Im sorry but thats like saying kirby and mario are the same, dont ever compare people like this. It doesnt work.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Im sorry but thats like saying kirby and mario are the same, dont ever compare people like this. It doesnt work.
They are from the same game, they both are robots...

X has double jump, Megaman doesn't

X can dash, Megaman can't

However Bass can

Bass can also copy powers from other robots

Kirby and Mario aren't even in the same game series...so it's not

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Mega and Bass are not the same people because I killed Mega man around 50 years before the X series started and Bass was still alive... he changed his name to Vile or something like that...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Well, you still can provide the same amount as evidence

...YOu can't disprove that...so then it must be true
ok ill give some evidence.

1.X and classic were both made by doctor light. (bass isnt anything close to this)
2. both have the will to fight for good.(you can saay this about all the megamen though)
3. both use the same fighting style.
4.megaman classic never died as far as I know. unless you can tell me were he went.
5.in connection to number 4-why would he build another megaman?
6. they are actualy from the same world, unlike .EXE, starforce.(trigger may be connected to X but im not sure still)

Im not saying X and classic are one in the same, If i did then sorry for the mix up, BUT there is a distinct possibility they are.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman

However Bass can

First off, good points. I wasnt really thinking in that great a detail.
Second, thats just taking it a little too far. Youre just reading too much into it. Megaman X is still Megaman.
Third, Dr. Light DID NOT build Bass. Bass was Wiley's attempt at making a better, more powerful megaman. Bass was unstable, and probably went the way of Protoman. Zero replaced Bass, and the rest is history.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

However Bass can

Kirby and Mario aren't even in the same game series...so it's not
He compared megaman to link...they arnt the same series either, duh.:dizzy:
when I was talking about the comparison I was talking about the link thing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First off, good points. I wasnt really thinking in that great a detail.
Second, thats just taking it a little too far. Youre just reading too much into it. Megaman X is still Megaman.
Third, Dr. Light DID NOT build Bass. Bass was Wiley's attempt at making a better, more powerful megaman. Bass was unstable, and probably went the way of Protoman. Zero replaced Bass, and the rest is history.
NO one calls Megaman X, Megaman X...His name is just X

Megaman and X aren't the same robot, he is a replacement like how Wiley created Zero in Bass' stead.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

Megaman and X aren't the same robot, he is a replacement like how Wiley created Zero in Bass' stead.
X could be an updated version of megaman like Rex+ said. if doctor light created megaman and all the danger of the world was over for a long time, doctor light may have decided to upgrade megaman(I.E. the enhanced abilities) to the best the current technology could bring. then put him in a container ready for if the world was ever in danger again.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Replacement?
Wasn't the original Megaman just upgraded into X, rather than creating a whole new machine?
It's almost insinuated that he wasn't...Megaman X series talks more about X being a new robot but never tells either way

Saph66

Smash Journeyman

You don't know if X is a replacement for Megaman, he could just be Megaman upgraded with new memory, capabilities etc. No one knows where exactly Megaman went.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Nope. Because of 1 difference. Free will.

And would Dr.Light really erase what is basically his child's memory and put him a containment thing for 30 years while Wily was still running about?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You don't know if X is a replacement for Megaman, he could just be Megaman upgraded with new memory, capabilities etc. No one knows where exactly Megaman went.
That's what I just said...you don't know that he isn't a new robot

Nope. Because of 1 difference. Free will.

And would Dr.Light really erase what is basically his child's memory and put him a containment thing for 30 years while Wily was still running about?
That too

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
X could be an updated version of megaman. if doctor light created megaman and all the danger of the world was over for a long time, doctor light may have decided to upgrade megaman(I.E. the enhanced abilities) to the best the current technology could bring. then put him in a container ready for if the world was ever in danger again.
Thats what I think. Also, why scrap the origional Megaman for X. He wasnt unstable like Bass or Protoman, and Dr Light was, well, too much of a "good guy" to simply scrap his original reploid hero.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thats what I think. Also, why scrap the origional Megaman for X. He wasnt unstable like Bass or Protoman, and Dr Light was, well, too much of a "good guy" to simply scrap his original reploid hero.
He wouldn't of scrapped him...He would have kept him around to fight while X was being constructed...

THen the Apocalypse happened and it killed everything

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The hooby-whaty-now? What Apocalypse? Who said Dr Light didnt simply hide his research rather than have been wiped off the face of the earth?
You do know he planned to activate X in his life time but died before he could...

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Wow...the ignoracy is insane.

1: X is a completely new robot created by Dr.Light X was given the ability of free will.

2. Dr.Light needed to test X to see if he could be safe for the world. If X were to break the laws of robotics then no force on Earth could stop him. The testing was for his reliability.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Wait 30 years for testing? do you really think the world could wait 30 years for a new hero?
what if doctor light automaticly upgraded megaman classic into X and defeated willy with X? X may have then gotten some virus(mavericks anyone?) and he had to be put into a massive reboot. this in turn wiped his memories of willy. but it didnt get rid of the virus did it? maybe even...willy created this virus! megaman's extended exposure to it allowed him to build up protection programs to it, like a persons anti-bodies.

but due to the extended time needed for such a action doctor light didnt have enough time left in his life to start megaman back up...

this is entirly speculation now.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
OK, why does this matter from Megaman to X. We can't speculate anything, and this will not be confirmed or anything, it doesn't matter at all. But w/e lol, if you guys are having fun. :D

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Wow...the ignoracy is insane.

1: X is a completely new robot created by Dr.Light X was given the ability of free will.
Explain please. Why a new reploid?

2. Dr.Light needed to test X to see if he could be safe for the world. If X were to break the laws of robotics then no force on Earth could stop him. The testing was for his reliability.
Doowah? testing? who was tested when now?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Explain please. Why a new reploid?

Doowah? testing? who was tested when now?
Do you get a new game system or upgrade you old one?

There just machines...your talking like they are people or something.

Megaman didn't even have free will...He just looked human

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
what if doctor light atomaticly upgraded megaman classic into X and defeated willy with X? X may have then gotten some virus(mavericks anyone?) and he had to be put into a massive reboot. this in turn wiped his memories of willy. but it didnt get rid of the virus did it? maybe even...willy created this virus! megaman's extended exposure to it allowed him to build up protection programs to it, like a persons anti-bodies.

that is genious/perfect/insanely awesome.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Do you get a new game system or upgrade you old one?

There just machines...your talking like they are people or something.

Megaman didn't even have free will...He just looked human

Light considered Megaman as he would a son. I doubt he would have simply built a new unit and abandonned the original.

Rex+

Smash Ace
what if doctor light automaticly upgraded megaman classic into X and defeated willy with X? X may have then gotten some virus(mavericks anyone?) and he had to be put into a massive reboot. this in turn wiped his memories of willy. but it didnt get rid of the virus did it? maybe even...willy created this virus! megaman's extended exposure to it allowed him to build up protection programs to it, like a persons anti-bodies.

but due to the extended time needed for such a action doctor light didnt have enough time left in his life to start megaman back up...

Sounds like Zero...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Light considered Megaman as he would a son. I doubt he would have simply built a new unit and abandonned the original.
Why would he abandon Megaman by building a new robot...that's more like having another son...with Megaman being his favorit, but X being more powerful...

He probably kept Megaman around until whatever happaned to the world

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Why would he abandon Megaman by building a new robot...that's more like having another son...with Megaman being his favorit, but X being more powerful...

He probably kept Megaman around until whatever happaned to the world

fine, yeah, I can see that. So whos up for a rousing game of connecting MM X to Model X or Model X to MM Trigger?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
why would doctor light, nearing the end of his life, build another son?
He was never reaching the end up his life...in the Megaman series, he was healthy as hell...

THat's about the time he built X...

I don't think he died naturally

Top Bottom