• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
yeah im curious too....
It was hinted on October 10th, 2007; the day after Sonic's confirmation. ;)

ON CAPCOM'S OFFICIAL SITE, NO LESS! BY CAPCOM!

We NEED A JAPANESE TRANSLATION (the reason it is question marks is because your computer don't have Japanese translaters). I remeber someone said it said something about something big happening, but I cannot confirm this, sadly. Here's to hoping my friends, that our blue bomber will be revived in his full form, along with our favorite magical doll, Geno. Revival of the classic characters FOR THE WIN, FOLKS! :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

We NEED A JAPANESE TRANSLATION (the reason it is question marks is because your computer don't have Japanese translaters). I remeber someone said it said something about something big happening, but I cannot confirm this, sadly. Here's to hoping my friends, that our blue bomber will be revived in his full form, along with our favorite magical doll, Geno. Revival of the classic characters FOR THE WIN, FOLKS! :)

Then why can I translate and see other Japanese sites, but not this message?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

i was askin about the sonic hint JK1,

but those question marks actually arent due to the translator, i saw it on kotaku, they're actually question marks

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Then why can I translate and see other Japanese sites, but not this message?
It says that is when it was entered as a article on Capcom's home page.

Blasphemous fool! never EVER say that again!.
Like all the other Megaman games, it's late sequals pretty much sucked. Except Megaman 8, and 6 somewat (great boss battles). Good stuff, just like MMBN 3.

i was askin about the sonic hint JK1,

but those question marks actually arent due to the translator, i saw it on kotaku, they're actually question marks
Ah, my bad. Well, it confuses me, but another random thing hinting Megaman (possibly). And simply put, I REALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY want to see my favorite bomber of them all nuke join the Brawl. Revival of a past and classy character like Megaman is what I am hoping for, and really has me excited. I am anxiously awaiting his return to awsomeness, and Brawl is the place where he shall be revived. And he shall pwn.

^ Yes, that came from the Bible. :laugh:

Sinn

Smash Lord
If they'da just made it a **** cryptogram like a normal person, I SO could have figured out what it said too...you can't decode crap when all the letters are represented by the same character though...

Shuma

Smash Hero
@John:

I was talking at psycho and his blasphemous comment about a new Exe game.

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
Megaman would be awsome, im really hoping this isn't just speculation im hoping that all of this is true and that it will really happen.

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
This is my 100th Post and i dedicate it to MEGAMAN!
Who wouldn't want our blue bomber friend whos providing over 10 years of insane fun and were very close to his 20th year!

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Oh believe me. I would love it to be Megaman.

But I'm just saying don't expect it to be Megaman. It could be something completely unrelated to Brawl.

Could be about Lost Planet or Dead Rising or anything Capcom Related.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No it couldn't really because they are not really big enough for that.

Like I said the biggest things it could be are : Mega man 9, Mega man in Brawl, Street fighter 4.

And if they do stuff like this regularly then... meh.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Street fighter got boring after Street FIghter 2 Turbo or one of those...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I wont be suprised if they announced something that isnt related to brawl...
but I also wouldnt be suprised if it was...
so either way I will expect it.
but I will still freak out if they announced Megaman in brawl.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Well if Megaman isn't announced on Wensday he will MOST likely be announced on November 19th.

Why?

Because November 18th, Capcom is hosting a special Megaman 20th anniversary event in Japan. Also included will be a stage event with a special guest speaker.

I'm calling it now. It's Sakurai.

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
Wow...good point there, Xerroo.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but with the whole Monster Hunter 3 fiasco, I can't help but to think that the relationship between Capcom and Nintendo is better than we think. Therefore, I believe we are getting some form of Capcom interaction in brawl as well. Heck, just look at the list of composers for brawl. That has Capcom up and down that list.

Plus, 20th Anniversary? Come on! No way Nintendo can not see that!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
People for some reason remember Hudson's Mario party series when talking about Bomber man but fail to remember Capcoms game boy Zelda's and RE exclusivity when talking about Capcom... Strange because Mario is a series were they can hand it out to any company to make a spin off while Zelda is quite the opposite.

Strange indeed.

:034:

Smash Hero
Can anybody run by me again why Mega Man will be announced Wednesday? There's probably a good reason for it somewhere in those 300+ pages, but I'm lazy too search.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Well if Megaman isn't announced on Wensday he will MOST likely be announced on November 19th.

Why?

Because November 18th, Capcom is hosting a special Megaman 20th anniversary event in Japan. Also included will be a stage event with a special guest speaker.

and if he isnt announced then, then he probably will be in december when 20th actually is. or myabe he'll be announced on some random day like Sonic

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But it wasn't random was it? It was the day that the delay was er... confirmed and a Nintendo conference.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
by random, i meant it didn't have any significance to sonic in general.

mega could be released on a day that has no importance to history

gold7598

Smash Rookie
Been toying with this idea for ages...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803a-l.jpg

Tell me the ball enemy in there does not look like the "cylinder-o-doom" enemys from classic mega games? (http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/Classic/MM2/Enemy/ 3rd row middle)
EDIT: or http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/Classic/MM1/Enemy/ (2nd row start) from MM1

The bottom picture here:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea01.html
Also looks very mega-ish to me.

And finally:

"To enjoy more of the depth of special moves, try holding the button down longer to charge up attacks, rapidly pressing the button repeatedly, or tilting the Control Stick while doing the moves. You might also want to try them in midair."
from: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/basic05.html

The idea of charging specials just screams megaman to me...

Of course I may be getting ahead of myself, but the last few pages of this thread have made me think that I might not be as crazy as I think I am. (expect the worst and you will never be dissappointed.)

Imo Mega could be quite balanced with the following specials:
Up-B: Rush Jet (behaves like fox fire in that there is a pause before you take off (calling rush down), but chargable for distance/speed/shockwave and possibly steerable simaler to a fast but short PK thunder)
B: Mega buster - Rapid-ish attack, max 3 shots on screen at once, medium speed, chargeable (of course)
Side-B: Copy shot (chargable to increase range/speed at normal state) - Behaves like a normal buster shot/charged shot, but when it hits the enemy, mega gains an attack simaler to one of said enemy's specials. This new attack could possibly also be charged to increase variety (think charging specials in X for way different effects)
Down-B: Elemental shield (leaf shield, fire shield, junk shield, etc.) Chargable, makes a barrier like the old school leaf shield, absorbs some hits, damages opponents, and if the move is repeated it fires the shield in a forward direction. Charge to increase power/absorb, or just the number of leaves/fire/junk in the air at once. I listed it as elemental because it would be freaking sweet if it changed element each time you did it (like GnW's judgement, but no real effect to the shield except maby launch direction).
Final smash: Take something akin to "Hyper Megaman" from MvC 1&2.

Rex+

Smash Ace

Why?

...that makes sense. Glad you caught that, now I feel he will definitely be in (hopefully X...).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As someone else said, the could use the classic design of megaman but update him by adding elements of X as well as other stuff

Top Bottom