• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
Over speculation doesn't bother me, anything i can have to see hope for megaman to be in brawl.

burrito

Smash Lord
OMFG, HUEG DISKOVERY

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/news.php/2007/10/10/prepare_yourself

over on the capcom blog, we need to apparently prepare for something on wednesday. its written in a code in all question marks, and many people over at gamefaqs say that its about megaman in brawl. some people have manage to find the last word could be "Brawl" and the fourth to last could either be Rockman or MegaMan or the fourth and fifth word from the beginning could be Mega Man if you want to say it is two words.

or maybe its just overspeculation XP
Yeah, that's what I was talking about earlier. That's one of the reasons I believe that Megaman will be revealed on Wednesday.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
There's a thread about the message in General discussion. Megaman on Wednesday would be insane awesomeness.

Sinn

Smash Lord
The Triumvirate of video game legends would pretty much be complete with Mario, Sonic and Mega Man all in the game...so if they reveal him on Wednesday...wow, I mean, that's a LOT of new stuff to tell us all so quickly, but it would be great timing and reek of awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...EXE and all his attacks could be random based on drawn cards!!!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I really wonder what will be announched at the end of the countdown. If it is Megaman in Brawl, that would be freakin shweet. If so I hope its Classic Megaman or X, and not the lame .EXE Megaman.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
which of these methods do you think make more sense for MM to copy with?

*1.Defeats them and gets their power(does not get one if he already has one).
2.Grabs them and absorbs their powers.
3.A B move that lets you copy their power(I have no idea how it would work).

* The only problem with method 1 is that it seems a lttle annoying, you might hammer on one character and right before you K.O. him/her he/she gets K.O'd by someone else.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Even though Wednesday is the Capcom thingy, and if Megaman was to be confirmed on that date. Wouldn't it make more sense if Nintendo announced the confirmation of Megaman, instead of Capcom? Since the game is Nintendo's. Same thing as Sonic, you didn't see Sega confirm him, Nintendo did. So what do you guys think they will do, if they do confirm Megaman, will Nintendo be there as well as a surprise?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well yes its true, but think about it, snake was shown in konamis 20th anniversary thing a few weeks back and then revealed on the dojo, I mean I know snake was already confirmed, but meh IDC I just want MEGA!!!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
If either compay announced Megaman in the game these forums would be FLOODED OVER!!!!!
we all saw and still some-what feel the impact sonic had. just imagine Megaman's announcement...

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I saw the link to the secret message on the news thing. Where does it say that this new will be revealed on Wednesday? Or you're just speculating this cause they have that Capcom thing on Wednesday? Anyways, I can't wait to see Megaman revealed on Wednesday!!!! :D

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
No no no, Sakurai is saving the 3rd and final 3rd party for dead last. After all, megaman is 10 X, no, 20 times better than Sonic and Snake put together! Naturally, I believe Megaman is going to be the final character unveiled to the public.

Then again, at the press conference, they could give you a bit of a hint of who the last 3rd party will be.

Megaman>>>>>>> Sonic and Snake

Stryks

Smash Hero
Megaman woul be a WAY bigger shocker than sonic wil lever be, cause EVERYONE expected sonic, I mean it was BOUND to happen, sure it DID took me by surprise but because I tough he would be revealed like a month or so befor ebrawl release...

anyway yeah megaman >>> sonic...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Megaman woul be a WAY bigger shocker than sonic wil lever be, cause EVERYONE expected sonic, I mean it was BOUND to happen, sure it DID took me by surprise but because I tough he would be revealed like a month or so befor ebrawl release...

It would be a bigger shocker but Sonic has a bigger fan amount and a much more obsessed group

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

this is what I meant earlier. Megaman isn't as expected and also has a large fanbase. plus his announcement would complete the Megaman, Mario, and Sonic trio...

YA MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
yeah, just as everyone else I sure do hope mm is announced. The only thing bothering me is wouldn't nintendo announce megaman? Konami and Sega didn't announce theres, at least I think they didn't.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Megaman was right up there after Sonic. Now that Sonic is officially in, Megaman is number one in my most wanted list.

Come on Capcom/Nintendo, make it happen!

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Bubbleshield:

**** Konami and Sega! We're Capcom! We don't do stuff just because Konami and Sega do it, **** them! We rule this shiz for a reason, **** Konami and Sega!.

*waits for someone to get the reference*

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
@Bubbleshield:

**** Konami and Sega! We're Capcom! We don't do stuff just because Konami and Sega do it, **** them! We rule this shiz for a reason, **** Konami and Sega!.

It's on the tip of my tongue this sounds so familier...

by the way, does anyone else know that capcom plans on continueing the starforce series?

I think its a bad idea, its a EXACT copy of BN.

the reason I brought this up is that it worries me that if capcom puts in megaman they may put him in as star force to promote the seies to try to keep it alive...
this though scares me...

Megaman classic or X for brawl!

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
@Bubbleshield:

**** baby you're right. I forgot that capcom is full of badassery. They didnt invent the hadoken for nothing :laugh:

hojiky

Smash Cadet
@Bubbleshield:

haha. is that a ctrl-alt-del reference?
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20051104

btw does anyone have a good moveset posted for megaman. I wanna see his copy ability put into a possible moveset. we don't want just another kirby.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I remember my sister mentioning to me that Capcom was going to announce "something big" this week either last Thursday or Friday and she theorized that it was gong to be Mega Man announced for Brawl... Being the skeptic that I am though, I didn't pay it much mind at first... but then I came upon the mystery blog entry and considering the hint dropped just prior to Sonic's unveiling, it's starting to look like that it just might very well be the case... Mega Man for Brawl would be HUGE, an even bigger bombshell than Sonic (for me, anyway...). And while the Original MegaMan is the most likely model to be utilized, I'd actually prefer (don't shoot me...) X just a bit more, as I got my start with MegaMan X, not the original series... Either way, MegaMan will kick some serious @$$ in Brawl!! (...as long as it isn't .EXE...)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember my sister mentioning to me that Capcom was going to announce "something big" this week either last Thursday or Friday and she theorized that it was gong to be Mega Man announced for Brawl... Being the skeptic that I am though, I didn't pay it much mind at first but then I came upon the mystery blog entry and considering the hint dropped just prior to Sonic's unveiling, it's starting to look like that it just might very well be the case... Mega Man for Brawl would be HUGE, an even bigger bombshell than Sonic (for me, anyway...). And while the Original MegaMan is the most likely model to be utilized, I'd actually prefer (don't shoot me...) X just a bit more, as I got my start with MegaMan X, not the original series... Either way, MegaMan will kick some serious @$$ in Brawl!! (...as long as it isn't .EXE...)
What was the hint before Sonic BTW?

Shuma

Smash Hero
I prefer the X look, although to be fair i never played the original Megaman, i loved Mexaman X 1, 2 , 3. And i think it looks more "epic".

Top Bottom