• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Megaman EXE. for Brawl! Seriously.

That Megaman has a lot of versatile moves (thanks to the whole Battlechip thing). Also, all of his games were on Nintendo systems (GBA, GC, DS). I'd also request the Star Force Megaman, but while playing it, and finding out how emo Geo Stelar is.....I just lost all respect for him.

Omega-Xis is cool though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Brawl really is going to have alternate costumes...minor changes to the charater if anything like with Pikachu....

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
If Megaman gets in , i would want him to have an all new updated model (based off the classic model).

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Megaman EXE. for Brawl! Seriously.

That Megaman has a lot of versatile moves (thanks to the whole Battlechip thing). Also, all of his games were on Nintendo systems (GBA, GC, DS). I'd also request the Star Force Megaman, but while playing it, and finding out how emo Geo Stelar is.....I just lost all respect for him.

Omega-Xis is cool though.
Sorry only people that know anything about Mega man are aloud to suggest which ones they want.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Sorry only people that know anything about Mega man are aloud to suggest which ones they want.
I know about MegaMan, thank you. I'm just saying that the EXE. Megaman seems more likely. But we'll just have to see what Sakurai brings up.

Zallipus

Smash Cadet
If you mean the cryptic message, no. Noone knows what it will mean until the countdown ends. Also Capcom has more than one "bomb" from what I hear. ^_^

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
yes .EXE has chances but only cause it is more current.
In light of making megaman more well known though they will probably use classic.
in terms of looks, X would fit more into the feel or mood of brawl.

star force=no chance

legends...idk

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
How would X fit in more!? If anything classic would.
they both would fit in, but I feel that X would fit the mood better because brawl has a darker more adult feel to it. and you have to admit, X's games have a darker feel than classic.

but this is all opinion based so i expect someone to feel different than me.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
There are a few more darker characters but certainly not as many as the cuter and well... less darker characters.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
There are a few more darker characters but certainly not as many as the cuter and well... less darker characters.
yes that is true, but look who is making the game. its Nintendo ok we got to expect most of them to be cute. but in the direction this is moving, I think they would put in X.after all look at the way they made snake have the ability to snap necks.

but I want to agree to the fact that I support X, you support classic, and they both have chances to get in.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Hi fellas. I like MegaMan a whole lot. I have a 3x3' poster in my room of X and Classic, who are the only ones who should even be considered.

Also I weigh 129 pounds.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Megaman Zero or Megaman X, rather than the classics.
The reason: typically, the characters in the game reflect either their most recent appearance, or their most popular one. The Battle Network series typically bombed here in the good ol US of A, so EXE is probably out. X was extermely popular on both sides (Japan USA) as was Megaman Zero. If they dont use these two, then theyd probably stray from the classics and EXE series even further by taking Megaman ZX for a spin.
Honestly, I would like MM Trigger over all of them, but hey, I gotta listen to logic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Megaman Zero or Megaman X, rather than the classics.
The reason: typically, the characters in the game reflect either their most recent appearance, or their most popular one. The Battle Network series typically bombed here in the good ol US of A, so EXE is probably out. X was extermely popular on both sides (Japan USA) as was Megaman Zero. If they dont use these two, then theyd probably stray from the classics and EXE series even further by taking Megaman ZX for a spin.
Honestly, I would like MM Trigger over all of them, but hey, I gotta listen to logic.
1) What about Samus, she's not in her newer look...neither is snake

2) It works differently since each Megaman is not the same person with a different appearance, but a different character altogether...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thing is not ALL the character look like theyre newer model, snake proves this, I ask you this, any reason WHY sakuri sticked with the old genesis sound efefcts for sonic? he stated before, he loves retro characters, and classic is the most retro of the bunch, I doubt he'll pick ZX or zero over classic...

besides zero is dead anyway...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
mondays update realesed by capcom wasa bust but we still have wednesday to look forward too.
Pffffft!... Yea, I'll "bust" in Capcom's FACE if they don't give us Megaman in Brawl relevant news...

2) It works differently since each Megaman is not the same person with a different appearance, but a different character altogether...
QFT
Good points.

Megaman 4 Brawl (I've already got my Sonic! :love: Now just one more...)

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
I also mentioned that the selection may also include their most popular appearance. Metroid Prime was very unpopular in Japan, but Metroid Zero Mission was very popular in both countries, so they put in her suit/appearance from Zero Mission.

...uh yeah, so? And also, X is the original Megaman after stasis, Model X is X's (could I say spirit or soul?) in a biometal, and I believe that is where Trigger finds his origin (100 or so years after the ZX games). I dont even consider the EXE and StarForce Megamen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also mentioned that the selection may also include their most popular appearance. Metroid Prime was very unpopular in Japan, but Metroid Zero Mission was very popular in both countries, so they put in her suit/appearance from Zero Mission.

...uh yeah, so? And also, X is the original Megaman after stasis, Model X is X's (could I say spirit or soul?) in a biometal, and I believe that is where Trigger finds his origin (100 or so years after the ZX games). I dont even consider the EXE and StarForce Megamen.
Classic IS the most popular apparance of Megaman

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

you make sense, megaman isnt human, but a robot, maybe even a growing one. he was also never destroyed in any of his 8(classic)games so for all we know X could be classic. they were both also made by Doctor. Light, why would he make another megaman?

trigger and .exe/starforce are all their own completely seperate series' in my opinion.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really? I was under the impression that X was more popular, along with MM Zero.
Does no one mention Trigger?
Well, in the least a majority of the people on this site, as well as Megaman fans I know, like Classic better

tirkaro

Smash Champion
no. the only megaman that should get in is classic. not X, not EXE, not starforce, not ZX, not super hyper ultra XYZ, but classic. and he's the ONLY megaman who should get in. and I've said this many times, classic is the DEFINITIVE megaman. yes, the MM series is now just a giant mess of spin-offs, but the original bomber is the original one. the rest are just one out of many.
thats not the case with zelda, since there is no DEFINITIVE zelda, since they're all really the same, and are constantly reincarnated game-after game. ike was put in his younger form, since thats his most recognisable form. same with megs. a real megaman fan knows that classic is THE megaman, and a non-megaman fan cant really tell the difference between all of them anyway.

so in short, putting in any other megaman would be like putting pachirisu instead of pikachu, or act zero bomberman instead of bomberman.

Top Bottom