• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
fine, yeah, I can see that. So whos up for a rousing game of connecting MM X to Model X or Model X to MM Trigger?
lol no ok I am tired of that, this is to discuss megaman characters(mainly just megaman) in brawl. lets discuss possible generic stats then move into the more advanced ones. I guess ill start.

speed:4 faster than mario but slower than fox.
weight:4 he is made of metal after all
strength(damage+knock back):3 he mainly focuses on his buster cannon so I dont see his physical attacks being strong.
recovery:3 he can jump fairly high but we dont know exactly how his up B will work
combo capability:2. he will mainly work on keeping them away, instead of close to him. so his attacks will be more defensive.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He was never reaching the end up his life...in the Megaman series, he was healthy as hell...

THat's about the time he built X...

I don't think he died naturally
Wasn't the original Megaman series suppose to go to 12=??? Anyways, too bad we never got to see Zero in the classic series. That would have been awsome, along with more Bass vs. Megaman confrontations! It'd be awsome if they went back (like they're doing with MM Legends 4 possibly), and to see Megaman, return to his roots. THAT WOULD BE THE AWSOMES! :)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
He was never reaching the end up his life...in the Megaman series, he was healthy as hell...

THat's about the time he built X...

I don't think he died naturally
we can jump back to my earlier explanation. X may have gone maverick for a period of time after defeating willy. doctor light may have been heavily injured during said time. but in a slight moment of pure will they both manage to over come the virus long enough to get him in the chamber. then doctor light...I dont know what, maybe attemted to go to a hospital or something.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't the original Megaman series suppose to go to 12=??? Anyways, too bad we never got to see Zero in the classic series. That would have been awsome, along with more Bass vs. Megaman confrontations! It'd be awsome if they went back (like they're doing with MM Legends 4 possibly), and to see Megaman, return to his roots. THAT WOULD BE THE AWSOMES! :)

Legends 4? Thetes no 3 yet. Is there? Is there!?!
-frothing at mouth-
<there he is>
-shoomp-
NO NOT THE TRANQUILIZERS!!!NOT AGAIN!!!
-fall over unconcious-

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
we can jump back to my earlier explanation. X may have gone maverick for a period of time after defeating willy. doctor light may have been heavily injured during said time. but in a slight moment of pure will they both manage to over come the virus long enough to get him in the chamber. then doctor light...I dont know what, maybe attemted to go to a hospital or something.
...Didn't the Maverick virus originate from Zero or something? Why would X have gotten it earlier on and attacked or whatever

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
good point, but im done with this discussion (MM 2 X). Why would this senile old cook scatter Xs armor to the 4 corners of the earth? Furthermore, how is it that in X6, Light holds a valid, up to date conversation with Zero?
I hate bringing up a megaman .EXE reference but dont you also hold a up-to-date talk with your dead uncle?

Decoy Octopus

Smash Apprentice
The Blue Bomber > All

...although his nickname is the same as Winnipeg's football team, and they suck. So that's one strike against him...

Still, the Megaman games are some of the best the NES and SNES had to offer. Themed villains & stages, unabashed cheesiness, and some **** good fights. 8-bit heaven right there.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
...Didn't the Maverick virus originate from Zero or something? Why would X have gotten it earlier on and attacked or whatever
remember zero was based off of X(I think). and I dont think that the virus would come from out of nowhere. and it is somewhat contagious...
and mavericks attack people, before X could overcome it he attacked Doctor. light.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
remember zero was based off of X(I think). and I dont think that the virus would come from out of nowhere. and it is somewhat contagious...
and mavericks attack people, before X could overcome it he attacked Doctor. light.
I like the Bob and George theory better than Megaman going Maverik and attacking Dr. Light

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I like the Bob and George theory better than Megaman going Maverik and attacking Dr. Light
ok if you dont like this one how about this.

Doctor light, with no more willy, decided to make one more robot group. X still having the virus with no effects decided to hang with them for a bit(im not going to give a epic story here about how).Megaman wasnt effected by the virus imeadietly, but the other robots were. one of them got to doctor light attacked him, but didnt kill him. instead he left a severe wound to him. Doctor light sends megaman out to defeat them before they do any more damage. megaman goes out and defeats them all. over time megaman realizes that the virus is affecting him as well. after they are defeated he goes back to doctor light explaining his worries. doctor light then builds the container to keep megaman in, to protect others from the virus. he puts in a adaption program to try and contain and cure the virus while he is sealed away. after he is put in, doctor light sadly falls victim to his injuries. in order to keep megaman from feeling the pain of loosing his only family doctor light erases megaman's memories while he is in the container. then after megaman is released(too early I might add) they make zero, who is in turn, infected due to the early release.

there how about that?

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman

Doctor light, with no more willy, decided to make one more robot group. X still having the virus with no effects decided to hang with them for a bit(im not going to give a epic story here about how).Megaman wasnt effected by the virus imeadietly, but the other robots were. one of them got to doctor light attacked him, but didnt kill him. instead he left a severe wound to him. Doctor light sends megaman out to defeat them before they do any more damage. megaman goes out and defeats them all. over time megaman realizes that the virus is affecting him as well. after they are defeated he goes back to doctor light explaining his worries. doctor light then builds the container to keep megaman in, to protect others from the virus. he puts in a adaption program to try and contain and cure the virus while he is sealed away. after he is put in, doctor light sadly falls victim to his injuries. in order to keep megaman from feeling the pain of loosing his only family doctor light erases megaman's memories while he is in the container. then after megaman is released(too early I might add) they make zero, who is in turn, infected due to the early release.

there how about that?

Not completeley applicable. There is an irregular core in X at some point, so the virus angle is plausible, but Wily built Zero with the virus, probably to contradict with his free will (Zero was based off Xs schematic(probably after Light died)), or to have the brute strength and skill needed to slaughter MM (imagine Sigma with Zero's skill; Zero slaughtered Sigma in their first fight).

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Not completeley applicable. There is an irregular core in X at some point, so the virus angle is plausible, but Wily built Zero with the virus, probably to contradict with his free will (Zero was based off Xs schematic(probably after Light died)), or to have the brute strength and skill needed to slaughter MM (imagine Sigma with Zero's skill; Zero slaughtered Sigma in their first fight).
how old was willy when he built zero anyway?

Sinn

Smash Lord
I hate bringing up a megaman .EXE reference but dont you also hold a up-to-date talk with your dead uncle?
Does he talk back...? Such that other people can see him...?

In any case, my view on the whole "Mega Man is X!" thing is this:

Saying that X must be Mega Man because we don't have any idea where else Mega Man would have gone doesn't really help us...because under than logic, shouldn't we still have Proto Man and Roll and Rush, etc running around somewhere? Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't X's capsule found by Dr. Cain who was an archaeologist at the time? Archaeologists find things that are lost and in ruins...so Dr. Light's lab must not have been anywhere close to functional at the time; any number of things could have destroyed it.

And if that's not enough for you, Mega Man's and X's creator has stated that they're two different characters.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Protoman was unstable, he ran on a friggen incomplete nuclear reactor, no one liked Roll so who cares, and Rush got robo-rabies and had to be put down. Bass was either trashed or escaped into obscurity, and what are the chances that two guys, named Light, with a rival named Wily, and a robot named Rock arent the same person. Bass was Zero's prototype, and at the end of one of the old games, you see Wiley working on Zero's design. The arguement isnt about whether or not the scientists are the same. We know they are. Its the reploid X that draws skepticism.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
come on guys I want to see some good old hard core character in brawl discusion.

move set(s) I thought up. these are only for the three most likely:

A: punch with his fist

AAA: similar to Captain falcon's knee, megaman will puck twice then hit the opponnent with his cannon(like a back hand)

A^-he does a sort of upper cut
A\/--he does a sweep kick
A>- he does a basic forward kick, more knock back than damage

smash A^-a back flip kick
smash A \/--he does a punch into the ground(similar to zero) hiting all within a distanceof him
alternate smash down choice-A split kick
smash>he does a jump kick with a aura around it
alternate smash> does a round house kick

B-buster cannon what else
B down-he brings up a copy barrier, this barrier absorbs the B nuetral attacks of any character giving his gun that power, no matter what B nuetral it is. megaman takes no damage
B>slide kick, megaman does his slide kick, this attack alows him to trip opponents and give him a opening to attack.
B^-if classic-rush jump
B^if X, or .EXE-teleport

final smash if classic-rush adaptor combination
final smash if X-dawns one of his suped up armors(depends on witch one they decide to put on him, probably the one from megaman X 1)
final smash if .EXE-type change, gains a random type change

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i saw a video (dont know where on youtube it was) and he said
"megaman, he'd be like kirby but kick more @$$"
i agree, just sharing

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
come on guys I want to see some good old hard core character in brawl discusion.

move set(s) I thought up. these are only for the three most likely:

A: punch with his fist

AAA: similar to Captain falcon's knee, megaman will puck twice then hit the opponnent with his cannon(like a back hand)

A^-he does a sort of upper cut
A\/--he does a sweep kick
A>- he does a basic forward kick, more knock back than damage

smash A^-a back flip kick
smash A \/--he does a punch into the ground(similar to zero) hiting all within a distanceof him
alternate smash down choice-A split kick
smash>he does a jump kick with a aura around it
alternate smash> does a round house kick

B-buster cannon what esle
B down-he brings up a copy barrier, this barrier absorbs the B nuetral attacks of any character giving his gun that power, no matter what B nuetral it is. megaman takes no damage
B>slide kick, megaman does his slide kick, this attack alows him to trip opponents and give him a opening to attack.
B^-if classic-rush jump
B^if X, or .EXE-teleport

final smash if classic-rush adaptor combination
final smash if X-dawns one of his suped up armors(depends on witch one the decide to put on him, probably the one from megaman X 1)
final smash if .EXE-type change, gains a random type change

pretty good.
A->punch...duh
AAA->punch,punch,uppercut (Id like his hand to come out of the buster when hes not using it).
AΔ uppercut
A\/ low kick
S-> heavy punch/kick
S/\ uppercut
S\/ split kick

B -duh- megabuster
B -> Slide dash
B/\ Haryuken!
B\/ yeah that shield is good

Final:
classic=Rush Power Transformation
X= Falcon armor or Giga Crush
Exe= hahahahaaa...hehehe...haaaa

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Don't the IGN gameplay videos show alternate costumes and customizeable color schemes?
I am currently unable to watch them myself, but if it's true, then we may have any/every version of MM.
(someone mentioned those costume videos in the Sonic thread)

Sinn

Smash Lord
I've been hearing about customizable color schemes, but I don't remember reading it on IGN...anyone else heard something solid about it?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
the reason I brought this up is that it worries me that if capcom puts in megaman they may put him in as star force to promote the seies to try to keep it alive...
this though scares me...

Megaman classic or X for brawl!
You do bring up a valid point bro, but I honestly don't think Capcom is that stupid to risk it all by putting in a fresh off the shelf megaman. No, I just can't see it. No, I so think it's going to be X indefinitely.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
Mega Man B attacks
Neutral B: Buster Cannon: can rapid fire but will not flinch the enemy, hold B briefly to fire strong green burst laser, Hold B for a couple a second to fire a stronger larger purple burst laser

Down B: Soccer Ball: (Came from Marvel Vs. Capcom) you can either grab it or kick it

Forward B: Power steal: Mega Man can steal any enemy attack. IE if he steal link's, then MM buster cannon will shoot out boomerang (similar the boomerang in Mega Man X (Snes)); if he steals Mario's, he buster cannon will shoot fire waves (again similar to fire wave in Mega Man X (Snes)); all stolen power can be charge to fire a more powerful attack; [i want to list them all but we dont have a complete roster)

Up B: Thrusters: he feet will become thruster and you can fly around controling where he goes but once you stop, that it. Any enemies he impacts will inflict damage. (idea from some Mega Man X# that was for the PSX)

Final Smash: He becomes Super Mega Man (Marvel Vs Capcom) he shoots a giant laser and fire multiple missiles

Ultra Nova

Smash Apprentice
I hope they don't put in the megaman EXE version. That would be horrible. I pefer classic out of all of them. If not classic then X, just not EXE version.

hojiky

Smash Cadet

there how about that?
honestly. haven't any of you people read bobandgeorge? first sprite comic ever. about megaman. hilarious.

7 years of comics to read through, but definitely worth it. gives a pretty good take on the megaman classic and megaman X storylines. http://www.bobandgeorge.com

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
holy crap there was a lot of debating about mm's storyline. no flaming though so good job guys, i love this thread =).

maybe we'll get mm on wednesday

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
I was just playin mm1 and x3 today, **** i love the music ****ing rocks. I hope mm gets his own stage and they hire that guy to make more music.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bionic Commando was a BIG announcement...I really wanted a sequel...or have him as a retro in Smash...But he was by Capcom

Top Bottom