• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
MOar Copy Grab

Megaman: Special Moves

Snake Copy Grab: Homing Sniper

Screenshot 1: Megaman firing a missle at Fox who is on a rooftop in Delphino Plaza *He fired a missle! Fox should be safe here right?

Screenshot 2: The missle hits fox. *Guess not....*

Homing Snipers will aim for the closest opponent and strike them. If the opponent flees the missle will follow until it hits the target or finds another target to attack. This could be used to your opponents advantage.

Screenshot 3: We see Snake behind Megaman and the missle headed for Megaman. *The missle can even attack the one who shot it!*

Sonic Copy Grab: Metal Blade

Metal Blade fires a buzzsaw that can do strong damage. You can hold B to charge up power and while doing so move the control stick to throw the blade in 1 of 8 directions!

Shows a bunch of screenshots with pictures of the control stick pointed in various directions as Megaman fires the Metal Blade.

Megaman Copy Grab: Wild Card

Wild Card? What's that you say? Well Megaman can get his own ability by copying himself but his Mega Buster will now fire super charged shots! Also if Megaman has a copy grab power when you copy grab him you'll acquire that power too. The same could be said for Kirby when he has someone absorbed.

Screenshot of Megaman copy grabbing Kirby with a Mario hat on then it shows an arrow of Megaman using Fire Storm.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Megaman absorbs Robot's data...

...He could have a MVC thing...he didn't steal any powers in that...

...Capcom didn't think that was so special
You mean like how Capcom thinks that the entire Mega man series isnt important because they included like 1 or 2 characters in that game.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah seriously, they had classic, tron bonne, and servebot! what were they thinking!

they should have had classic, X, Zero, Sigma imo

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
he cant get a different attack for every ****ing character! thats stupid! it'd only work if he copied one of their attacks.... but, isnt there a character that already does that? oh yea....little fella, round and pink...

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
he cant get a different attack for every ****ing character! thats stupid! it'd only work if he copied one of their attacks.... but, isnt there a character that already does that? oh yea....little fella, round and pink...

But it's one of Megaman's trademarks! It could simply just be different attacks from Kirby....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But it's one of Megaman's trademarks! It could simply just be different attacks from Kirby....
...or they could not add it and allow him to cycle through a number of abilities from his games...just like in the games...

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Like I've said before, Mega Man has a HUGE move pool. 70 Robot Master attacks (I'm including the Robot Masters from MM&B), 9 Stardroid weapons (I believe you got their weapons) 6 Rush configurations, Beat, Tango, Proto Man's shield, Magnet Beam, Mega Ball, and the Mega Buster give Mega Man 91 different attacks. No Kirby clones, plz.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rolling Cutter and Leaf Shield (Whatever it's called)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Zero was supposedly in MvC3 but since the game never came out it didnt happen...
Yeah. I feel bad that Capcom lost the rights to Marvel. :( Very, very sad indeed.

My source? My buddy is a store manager at Gamestop. He just got back from confrence, and asked the Capcom guys why we haven't seen MvC3. That'd be why. :(

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah. I feel bad that Capcom lost the rights to Marvel. :( Very, very sad indeed.

My source? My buddy is a store manager at Gamestop. He just got back from confrence, and asked the Capcom guys why we haven't seen MvC3. That'd be why. :(
****, and I knew that...

...But hell, I would want a MvC 3...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Doesn't Megaman gain his enemy's ability by defeating them? Maybe every time you KO someone, you gain their B move. There would be a way to shift through all the different moves you have, so you can still use Megaman's B move too. If your playing with 4 players, you can steal 3 abilities at once.

That would give Megaman his ability to steal abilities, and still make him unique from Kirby.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It would make more sense for MM to copy his opponents to obtain a corresponding Robot Master's ability, as opposed to it being a similar Kirby attack.

Also, KOing opponents for their abilities is out of the question. Sure, it's legit to the MM series, but it would make the ability obsolete in 1Life matches (i.e. Classic/Story Mode).

And finally, as cool as it would be for MM to be able to copy abilities, I would openly accept a pre-set list of Robot Masters' abilities, distributed throughout MM's basic moveset.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Yes but thats like saying the same thing about Kirby...
not really lego cuz Mega man didnt have any copy abilities in MvC and capcom made the game. i dont think it really that important in fighting games for him to have it. In mm games yes, in smash, whatever

Also, KOing opponents for their abilities is out of the question. Sure, it's legit to the MM series, but it would make the ability obsolete in 1Life matches (i.e. Classic/Story Mode).
which is why i say IF he can copy, then he has a special move that get replaced by a copied power ONCE he gains a new ability

And finally, as cool as it would be for MM to be able to copy abilities, I would openly accept a pre-set list of Robot Masters' abilities, distributed throughout MM's basic moveset.
QFT a thousand times over

Sinn

Smash Lord
not really lego cuz Mega man didnt have any copy abilities in MvC and capcom made the game. i dont think it really that important in fighting games for him to have it. In mm games yes, in smash, whatever
I just think the idea is way too fun to not be put in...but we'll have to wait and see.

Wait TWO MONTHS, by the way. Whoo, how time sure does fly.

which is why i say IF he can copy, then he has a special move that get replaced by a copied power ONCE he gains a new ability
Super Arrow seems to be a good choice to me. That strange ball thing he had in VIII would work too, but I never really liked it...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I just think the idea is way too fun to not be put in...but we'll have to wait and see.

Wait TWO MONTHS, by the way. Whoo, how time sure does fly.

Super Arrow seems to be a good choice to me. That strange ball thing he had in VIII would work too, but I never really liked it...
whoah time does fly!

yeah the rock ball would work nice

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
sorry about this, i posted this somewere else like the noob at forums that i am so if you've already read this sorry.

we dont know what happend to megaman classic when doctor light made megaman X.

brawl can be used to bring these 2 ?megamen? back to the gaming frey.

this would open the possibility of them making a series connecting the two making X or classic a gaming series once more and not these stupid new megaman types.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
megaman should be able to copy abilities by defeating enemies, keeping true to the series. he gets rid of it by taunting like kirby. and it probably wont replace the ability you currently have if you already got one.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
All im saying is that if Capcom made Kirby and they put him in that game... he wouldn't have his copy ability.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
People keep saying that MM would toss his new-found abilities away with taunt. I don't like that. MM never "gets rid" of his abilities, he keeps them throughout the whole game and switches through them all.

I say if MM makes it in Brawl and has some form of copy ability he should be able to switch between each one with taunt in the order of the player, with the acception of placing the original MM ability in the first slot.

(So let's say MM is player 3, absorbs P1, then P4, then P2, it should go: MM-P1-P2-P4-MM-P1-P2-P4-MM-... etc)

Tony_

Smash Ace
Hmm I honestly could see Zero getting in Because Infamune likes Zero alot. That and Zero is probably the only Megaman hero that can double jump without trying and also has martial arts skills.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm I honestly could see Zero getting in Because Infamune likes Zero alot. That and Zero is probably the only Megaman hero that can double jump without trying and also has martial arts skills.
What's infamune and what does that have to do with Zero getting in...

...I doubt he will though

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
I agree, after all, if he is giving rights to use his character, he could chose which one he'd rather use, also notice how Castlevania, Konami's main franchise has not been included.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I guarantee you Inafune likes mega man equally if not more than Zero. After all he is his first and most famous creation

And Mega Man could double jump in two of his games

What's infamune and what does that have to do with Zero getting in...

...I doubt he will though
he means Keija Inafune, mm's creator.

I agree, after all, if he is giving rights to use his character, he could chose which one he'd rather use, also notice how Castlevania, Konami's main franchise has not been included.
he would have SOME choice, but ULTIMATELY it would be up to Sakurai. And we all know sakurai likes Retro characters

And there is no evidence to indicate he likes Zero better.

Loyid

Smash Rookie
we dont know what happend to megaman classic when doctor light made megaman X.

brawl can be used to bring these 2 ?megamen? back to the gaming frey.

this would open the possibility of them making a series connecting the two making X or classic a gaming series once more and not these stupid new megaman types.
Thats... i can't describe it. **** MY BAD ENGLISH, I DONT HAVE WORDS. How... can no one tell him how wrong this was? How?
Sry, but imho that is one thing everyone should know who post in this thread.
Megaman "Classic" IS Megaman X. Dr. Light upgraded Megaman but after that he decided that the world weren't ready for this technolacy he deactivatet X. After... 100 years i think Dr.Cain found the "sleeping" X and reactivate him. Thats how it is.
Sry again if this post started "angry" but that is in my opinion one of the more common things about Megaman.

To the Zero thing: I can see Zero in Brawl a little better than Megaman because he is newer (i mean, mario and link got thinks out of there newest up to date games (that means galaxy don't count because it isnt out yet)). I dont want to say Sakurai would choose Zero about Megaman, but i think Capcom would more give some newer hero than the old one. Heck, i can even see ZX Zero in Brawl more than Megaman. (okay, that would be my wish ^^)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thats... i can't describe it. **** MY BAD ENGLISH, I DONT HAVE WORDS. How... can no one tell him how wrong this was? How?
Sry, but imho that is one thing everyone should know who post in this thread.
Megaman "Classic" IS Megaman X. Dr. Light upgraded Megaman but after that he decided that the world weren't ready for this technolacy he deactivatet X. After... 100 years i think Dr.Cain found the "sleeping" X and reactivate him. Thats how it is.
Sry again if this post started "angry" but that is in my opinion one of the more common things about Megaman.

To the Zero thing: I can see Zero in Brawl a little better than Megaman because he is newer (i mean, mario and link got thinks out of there newest up to date games (that means galaxy don't count because it isnt out yet)). I dont want to say Sakurai would choose Zero about Megaman, but i think Capcom would more give some newer hero than the old one. Heck, i can even see ZX Zero in Brawl more than Megaman. (okay, that would be my wish ^^)
Like Hell Classic Megaman IS X

Ya got your Megaman "facts" wrong...

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Moar Copy Grabz.

Megaman: Special Moves

Marth Copy Grab: Knight Chain

Screenshot 1: *We see Snake using his shield to guard against Megaman* Sometimes guarding is good.....*

Screenshot 2: Megaman uses Knight Chain to break Snake's sheild *Then again....not always.*

Knight Chain allows Megaman to fire a powerful ball and chain that not only does strong damage but can break enemy shields as well. Seems good but keep it mind it takes Megaman a while to fire the chain then bring it back. So expect Megaman to be open to attack for a few seconds.

C.Falcon Copy Grab: Scorch Wheel

Scorch wheel is a pretty simple move. Megaman creates a flaming wheel around him then sends it forward towards his enemies. It's power gets weaker as the wheel travels foward so it's better to attack close enemies with it.

Screenshot 3: Megaman using Scorch Wheel against Yoshi who is running. *It hurts up close! Get further away!*

Mr.Game and Watch Copy Grab: Rush Coil

What is Rush Coil you ask? Well it's a one time use attack that can defeat opponents if used right.

Screenshot 4: We see Rush summoned into battle *Rush is Megaman's dog. He is a robot.*

Screenshot 5: We see Rush laying down. *When summoned he'll lay down a bit on the battle field.*

This is a good oppotunity to send an opponent near Rush. With some luck he'll land right on the dog.

Screenshot 6: We see Mario being KO'd by Rush Coil. *Sproing!!!*

Of course Megaman can fall for his own trap...oh and if no one falls for it....Rush will teleport away and you'll have to copy grab Game and Watch again to use the attack.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Like Hell Classic Megaman IS X

Ya got your Megaman "facts" wrong...
Yeah, I'm pretty darn sure X is not the original Megaman. Though I will admit, we never found out what happened to the original Megaman & Co. I always wanted Capcom to bridge that gap...

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I believe the "classic" Megaman needs to return to consoles. Sure, we've had a couple of collections and remakes of the old games, but the REAL Megaman hasn't had a new game since 1997. Don't get me wrong, the first few X games were awesome, but there is nothing like the original. Putting the classic Megaman in Brawl would bring attention back to the character and maybe....just maybe....inspire Capcom to make Megaman 9 (which could finally explain the link between "Classic" MM and X).

The odds of any of this actually happening are slim, but I still can dream if I want to....

I think Megaman would be a great addition to Brawl. X could be an alternate costume. I'm a big Bass fan and who doesn't like Protoman? I would like to see the original Zero as well.

Yeah. Megaman isn't going to get 4 reps. We will be lucky if we get Megaman himself.

Top Bottom