• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
I believe the "classic" Megaman needs to return to consoles. Sure, we've had a couple of collections and remakes of the old games, but the REAL Megaman hasn't had a new game since 1997. Don't get me wrong, the first few X games were awesome, but there is nothing like the original. Putting the classic Megaman in Brawl would bring attention back to the character and maybe....just maybe....inspire Capcom to make Megaman 9 (which could finally explain the link between "Classic" MM and X).

The odds of any of this actually happening are slim, but I still can dream if I want to....

I think Megaman would be a great addition to Brawl. X could be an alternate costume. I'm a big Bass fan and who doesn't like Protoman? I would like to see the original Zero as well.

Yeah. Megaman isn't going to get 4 reps. We will be lucky if we get Megaman himself.
Yeah, if only. I want a new bad@ss sidescroller with the orignal Megaman cast. 3D characters in a 2D plane a la Viewtiful Joe would be cool, but what would be really great would be old school sprites, but really detailed. Think Guilty Gear, or the XBLA Street Fighter II revamp.

Man, I've gotta stop fantasizing, it'll only get my hopes up :ohwell:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats... i can't describe it. **** MY BAD ENGLISH, I DONT HAVE WORDS. How... can no one tell him how wrong this was? How?
Sry, but imho that is one thing everyone should know who post in this thread.
Megaman "Classic" IS Megaman X. Dr. Light upgraded Megaman but after that he decided that the world weren't ready for this technolacy he deactivatet X. After... 100 years i think Dr.Cain found the "sleeping" X and reactivate him. Thats how it is.
Sry again if this post started "angry" but that is in my opinion one of the more common things about Megaman.

To the Zero thing: I can see Zero in Brawl a little better than Megaman because he is newer (i mean, mario and link got thinks out of there newest up to date games (that means galaxy don't count because it isnt out yet)). I dont want to say Sakurai would choose Zero about Megaman, but i think Capcom would more give some newer hero than the old one. Heck, i can even see ZX Zero in Brawl more than Megaman. (okay, that would be my wish ^^)
1. Sorry mate but you just made a fool out of your self because X IS NOT classic Mega man.
2. A they didn't add old snake because?... his game wasn't out yet right? but if it was according to you they would add old Snake... right?
3. And if you can see ZX Mega man in Brawl over classic... then you do not know a) Mega Man b) Sakurai c) Smash bros and d) How we will all react to your Immensely ******** post.

Loyid

Smash Rookie
Like Hell Classic Megaman IS X

Ya got your Megaman "facts" wrong...
I have read Megaman X is the "adult" Megaman. Something like that was written in the... i need the word... little book that is by a game which explains how it works (please tell me someone what its called again). Dr-Light upgraded his "son" and made him an adult. I understand that as a sign for Megaman = X. it can be that my memorys are lying to me but i think it was like that. But I have to say: I Live in German and everyone should know the good translating here xD. Could be wrong what was written there. For me it was a common thing, i would be dissapointed if its wrong.

1. Sorry mate but you just made a fool out of your self because X IS NOT classic Mega man.
2. A they didn't add old snake because?... his game wasn't out yet right? but if it was according to you they would add old Snake... right?
3. And if you can see ZX Mega man in Brawl over classic... then you do not know a) Mega Man b) Sakurai c) Smash bros and d) How we will all react to your Immensely ******** post.
1. Like i wrote now. (saw this post too late)
2. I said CAPCOM would give a newer version, if they would choose. I did'nt say Sakurai wouldn't use Megaman Classic.
3. I know Megaman, I never meet Sakurai before so i don't know how he reacts if a Company say something , I know Smash as a game and i don't care about reaction. I said i whish ZX Megaman or ZX Zero for Brawl just because I like their look better. I like this armor thing a liitle more than the classic look and I would like an unique moveset ( i mean the B-Attacks here) more than a random choosing out of Megaman Games. But I support EVERY Megaman.

Note: Phew, my english need lots more of training...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well as you know Instruction booklets are never a reliable source of info... especially not back in those 8 and 16 bit days.. not to mention what could go wrong with translation.

But i assure you that X is not classic Mega man... look it up you will find your answers.

And also they never included X in Marvel vs Capcom so what makes you so sure they will include ZX in Brawl? if they were to choose a newer series i suppose it would be Bn... which is crap anyway.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
And also they never included X in Marvel vs Capcom so what makes you so sure they will include ZX in Brawl? if they were to choose a newer series i suppose it would be Bn... which is crap anyway.
Careful using that argument, Megaman Zero was included in SNK vs. Capcom and Onimusha Blade Warriors, and he was the "new" Megaman at that time. Not saying I want ZX or BN Megaman in, just saying one can't assume that Capcom will choose Classic Megaman in all of their crossovers...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well this isnt exactly a crossover its more of an... honor.

But do you think people would react kindly to BN or ZX Mega man? we would nuke Capcom.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Well this isnt exactly a crossover its more of an... honor.

But do you think people would react kindly to BN or ZX Mega man? we would nuke Capcom.
Well, I suppose guest starring is a bit different than a full fledged crossover. Soul Calibur 2 comes to mind, actually. But yeah, I'd be upset if BN or ZX made it in before Classic or X. On the other hand, though, some small part of me would still be happy that a Megaman even made it in at all.

If it were up to me though, there's no question, Classic Megaman is the best choice for Brawl.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Dont forget guys thats its not really Capcom's choice on who gets in. Sakurai is making this game, he chooses who gets in and who doesn't.

I could really see him request classic mega man, get a letter from Capcom sayin they'd rather have ZX mm for advertisement issues and then him saying forget it. hell i would.

But I dont think that is likely, these knewer mega man games dont have a very good reputation, and I dont think sakurai wants that crap comin anywhere near brawl. Besides who was on his poll? Megaman.exe? Mega Man ZX, Mega Man Zero? Zero? X? NOOOO!

just plain old Mega Man FTW!!!!

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
1, for the record, Classic Megaman is NOT X. Sorry.

2, yes, we need Megaman 9. C'mon Capcom, sure the 6 BATTLE NETWORK games were, uh, something, and sure, the two new series introduced (ZX and Star Force) are wonderful and all, but the classic series is a really good book, only it's like the last few pages were torn out. I wanna knwo how it all begins and flows into the X series.

And 3, check my new avy and list. It's nice, huh? :) (I would like those little blocks with the characters on them instead, does anybody know where I can find those?)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well there used to be a place... but you can access it now XS try asking a sig maker to make one for you.

MEGAR MARAN FOROR BRAWRAWRL.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually no it wouldn't it would be very easy.

O no3s DK has a fist! HE MUST BE A MARIO CLONE!

Seriously shut up.

Frica

Smash Cadet
Megaman NEEDS to be in this game. He has a ridiculous amount of moves to choose from, he's iconic as hell, and Capcom is a close friend of Nintendo's.

When he defeats a character, he should gain his/her ability. It would be kinda like Kirby.

I'd go with the classic style. If not, then the X version.

And Protoman needs to appear either as an alt. costume or an AT.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Frica... thats EXACTLY how i see it as well XD and yhea having PT-man as an Alt would be great... it would be epic in fact.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
Megaman NEEDS to be in this game. He has a ridiculous amount of moves to choose from, he's iconic as hell, and Capcom is a close friend of Nintendo's.

When he defeats a character, he should gain his/her ability. It would be kinda like Kirby.

I'd go with the classic style. If not, then the X version.

And Protoman needs to appear either as an alt. costume or an AT.
If protoman is in there somewhere, they have to include Colonel, Zero, or both.

I wonder what MM's final smash would be? Oooo!! "Cybeast ______ (fill in aggressive sounding word)" You know? From Battle Network 6?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If protoman is in there somewhere, they have to include Colonel, Zero, or both.

I wonder what MM's final smash would be? Oooo!! "Cybeast ______ (fill in aggressive sounding word)" You know? From Battle Network 6?
No EXE Megaman crap for Megaman

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
i couldnt read all the way through this epic thread so ill just go ahead and post my veiws on how possible what megaman forms and freinds chances are.(if this is late and out of place my bad)

megaman(classic)-good because of his fan base and the fact that he is the better known original.he also has a good possible moveset

megaman X-good because his look and skills fit brawl very well and he also has a fanbase (not as large though)

megaman.exe-not even close. he just isnt well liked and his movest would not work well at all. sure he could be versitile but his movest would not fit well with the real megaman fighting style.

megaman star force-never. do i have to say why?

zero-sorry zero fans but he just cant get in without megaman first and I dought they will put both.(they need room for another third party character).

bass-same story as zero, popular but cant get in before the blue bomber.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I'd love megaman in brawl with the original look or as X (please! not as .EXE!), but I think that if Capcom decides to let it be in Brawl, it'll be as ZX, to promote the new game. Anyway, it'd be a great addition to the roster, and I think his moves could be like this:

Specials:

B: obviously the buster, but with a quicker rate of fire than Samus, so you can quickly press the B button and get the same rate as Fox (or Falco if that's too quick)

B (Hold): Another obvious, the charged shot, but it can't be "saved" like Samus' or Mewtwo's, it must be released. Also, it doesn't gradually grow, you must have been holding down the button a certain amount of time for it to be the "lvl. 2 buster" or "lvl. 3 buster", this is to allow the quick fire (I'm sorry if I couldn't explain myself correctly :p)

B+^: I was thinking that this one could be a wide shot to the floor that lifts Megaman to the air

B+v: I'm having a hard time with this one, since it could be literally anything, maybe an absorbing shield like Ness' to recover damage, or a reflector

B+>: Dash! No need to explain this, of course it wouldn't be like Fox's, this one wouldn't "get through opponents"

Grabs

Z: Grab, simple

Z+>: I'd like it to be a spin and throw kind of move

Z+^: Toss to the air and shoot

Z+v: Mmmm, I don't know toss and shoot?

Z+A: ABSORB POWER (this one is very important!, you'll see what I mean)

Smash attacks

Ok, this are the really important ones, the smash (A) attacks would CHANGE depending on the enemy whose power was absorbed. Since making one moveset for every enemy would be too much, I think that the characters could be divided by elements...?, just like the Mavericks from Megaman's games (there's always an Ice -Mammoth, Penguin, whatever-, a Fire sth, a Thunder or Shock sth... you know what I mean), and Megaman's weapons are based on those "types" or "elements", so dividing the characters in elements seems like the obvious thing to do, this would be some examples:

-Fire characters: Mario, Luigi (it's green but it's fire), Bowser, Charizard, Capt. Falcon (based merely on the attacks given to him), even Wario (you know, because of the fart thing)

-Thunder characters: Pikachu (duh), Pichu (if coming back), Game and watch (since it's a video game...?)

-Ice characters: ICE Climbers, maybe Squirtle (to avoid making the water megaman just for him)

-Bomb (or cannon) characters: SNAKE!!!!, Samus, Diddy Kong, Fox (cause of the blaster), basically any character with a bomb or projectile shooting abilities

-PSI (or psychic) characters: Zelda, Lucas, Ness (yes, I'm of the idea that both will be in Brawl)

-Sword characters: Too many to mention! (also, this could be the perfect way of bringing "Zero" or "Protoman" into Brawl, making megaman's costume resemble Zero)

All the moves would depend on the "element" that was absorbed, and Megaman´s aspect would change too.

With all this type of characters, Megaman would be the character swith the most movesets! I don't know if that'd be a good thing or a bad thing :p, this moves could make Megaman a bit too much, an "uber" character of sorts, making it highly unfair, but a man can dream right?

Still, Megaman's place in Brawl is not secured, since there are only two other third party character slots and Sonic being almost certain to get in, that leaves one other spot, that could be filled by anyone! Geno is almost universally aclaimed (included myself), his incursion in Brawl could mean that a sequel of Mario RPG may be in the making so I'm rooting for that. But Sakurai may not think of Geno as a third party since he was created for a Mario game (unfortunately for many Square is not Nintendo exclusive) so maybe, just maybe if God heard my prays, and all three of them are going to get in! Sonic, Geno and Megaman for Brawl!!!. If not, then I'll have to tip in favor of Geno :ohwell:

WOW, that was a long post! and my first one aswell, I guess I just have so much to say :psycho:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DEFINETLY NO to ZX

Think about it...Snake is in the game to promote his new game and is it the latest look of Snake? Not really...Isn't the new one like an old man or something?

(They don't tell you that but it's obvious)

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
DEFINETLY NO to ZX

Think about it...Snake is in the game to promote his new game and is it the latest look of Snake? Not really...Isn't the new one like an old man or something?

(They don't tell you that but it's obvious)
I think it's a bit different with megaman than with Snake, since Kojima already wanted Snake to be in, while Capcom may see this as a oportunity for some publicity. Anyway I think that Sakurai would stick to the original :grin:

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
While ZX is fun and enjoyable, (unlike Zero was fail and suck)

I don't think Vent/Aile/Grey/Ashe should be in.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Whoever thinks ZX or Starforce Rockman versions would be in needs a friggin reality check. NEITHER should be in brawl, and if they were, its because Capcom whored them out for product placement just to buy the games.

I'm glad Sakurai is in charge of who gets in Brawl.

Frica

Smash Cadet
Nobody likes Megaman.EXE? nice. thats the only one I've ever played as, soooo.... i guess i might as well not post here anymore.
Go play the older games on the two Collections that came out. Megaman 2 in particular is one of the best games ever made IMO. Just be prepared for a challenge....most of the games are very difficult. You do feel a great sense of accomplishment after beating them though, which is why I love hard games.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I thought of this earlier today but maybe this is nintendo's chance to save megaman and have a long term profit off of it.

megaman games have been(sadly) in a down ward direction, not as fast as sonic, but downward none-of-the-less. nintendo could include megaman, get in better terms with capcom, take partnership in megaman's game creation, and bring him (hopefully classic or X version) back to life. this way we can enjoy megaman once more without having to own one of the 500-600$ systems. and we wont have to deal with this battle network or star force crap. and nintendo can enjoy its profits from another gaming icon.

I know i have too much time on my hands but, so what do you think?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I thought of this earlier today but maybe this is nintendo's chance to save megaman and have a long term profit off of it.

megaman games have been(sadly) in a down ward direction, not as fast as sonic, but downward none-of-the-less. nintendo could include megaman, get in better terms with capcom, take partnership in megaman's game creation, and bring him (hopefully classic or X version) back to life. this way we can enjoy megaman once more without having to own one of the 500-600$ systems. and we wont have to deal with this battle network or star force crap. and nintendo can enjoy its profits from another gaming icon.

I know i have too much time on my hands but, so what do you think?
that is my hope. although i dont think it would work quite like that, i want mm in brawl and mm 9 on the Wii

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Haven't even touched the Battle Network or ZX games. Nothing like classic Megaman to me. I've managed to get through all 8 of the originals and 1-4 of X.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ZX is better than any of the Megaman games right now, and I like exploration in this title.
I should at least play ZX

Though I HATE how it looks...

What system is it for?

FalconPunch_

Smash Cadet
I like Mega-Mans old games, but his more recent games arent really that good. I think Megaman is cool, but i dont think he is SSB material right now

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Mega-Mans old games, but his more recent games arent really that good. I think Megaman is cool, but i dont think he is SSB material right now
How is Megaman not SSB material...Classic Megaman kicks ***!

Top Bottom