• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Now it's war between Geno and Megaman(why are all third party characters blue?)

Wave Guiding Guardian

Smash Rookie
While I do not support Zero without Megamans inclusion, I'm in full support of Megaman. In addition, I greatly wish to see Vent and Aile as the playable forms, from Megaman ZX. This would be an awesome way of using both Zero and Megaman, as their respective biometal forms, and this would allow a great amount of possibilities with all the combining biometals. However, seeing that ZX's release date in japan was mid 2006, I wonder if this would be the form chosen, when a more classic model would be a lot more accessible and more widely known. As long as it's Megaman, I don't mind :)

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Megaman is in, NO doubt!!
Also, I think the original Megaman is in, I hope not, because X is my favourite, but IF X was in, I can see Sakurai make a tag-team out of X and Zero, although I hope not...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
why would they put in ZX anyway?

also it would be different to have Megaman X and zero tag team but i dought it would be like ice climbers. they would over power everyone if that was the case. I can see them working like pokemon trainer though, one stands in the back while the other fights. that i would be ok with. also they could do the same thing as zelda in a way, you use your down B to teleport away and switch with the other. I.E. megaman X teleports away and zero appears or vice versa.

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
I think Megaman is the 3rd most likely 3rd party character to join Brawl.

Capcom is probably the #1 company when it comes to video game crossovers. I can name more than 5 games that Capcom has done crossovers in.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea... the only thing im worried about is if Sakurai doesn't want to many Blue characters... but luckily Sakurai isn't the Sandman.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Who cares about Megaman? SONIC IS IN ! ! ! LIFE IS GRAND ! ! !

Nah, I'm kidding. I still hope MM makes the cut. It just wouldn't make sense to not have him in. He's one of the most well known video game characters out there along with Mario, Sonic, Link, Pikachu, Master Cheif, Kratos, and Snake.

Besides that, it seemed as if Sonic took a hell of a lot more work to get than MM ever would. Sega appeared to be sort of reluctant at first, but I'm sure Capcom would be more than willing to have the world renowned Blue Bomber fight again, and this time against some of his greatest commercial competition.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ya I thought that at first but then I thought it would have too many 3rd party characters at once.

alsio off topic warning, that line "sonics the name speeds my game" was a really lame line
IMO.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Well here is the thing.

Sonic is Icon 20.

Icon 19 is still available.

So if Megaman is in he'll be Icon 19.

But guess what!?

Pikmin, Punch-Out, Rayman, Pacman (Puckman) are also able to fit in Icon 19!

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Pikmin is the only one that might take that slot.

But here's the thing.

Captian Olimar is too small.

No really. The size of a quarter.

But knowing Sakurai he'll change his size.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
which comapny owns olimar anyway? also his ability to raise a army in brawl would be neat but now that i think about it it seems like he would be too powerful with an army of pikman at his desposile.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I'd rather a burnt toast than Ridley... but hey, we all know this is going to be epic.
Megaman Classic/X for Brawl!
What you trying to imply!?

Anyways as the sandman said "Mega man wont get in because he is Blue" XS (*Cough* INowHaveASigShop *cough*)

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Well as of right now the only concern I have is if Olimar is playable.

If not then we still have to look at Punch-Out, Rayman, and Pac-Man.

Once Olimar is out of the way (Ie, he's an assist trophy and such) then things will be a bit better.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
he would make an amazing assist trophy, i can see it now.

his ship lands on the field and he comes out with a large group of pikman.
he blows his wistle and the pikman latch on to the nearest opponents.
then the opponents have to try to get them off before megaman K.O.s them. that is if megaman used it.

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
Lets get this straight folks this is the Megamn in SSBB topic! Now stop with the anit and get with the positive, MEGAMN WILL BE IN BRAWL!

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
yes after seeing sonic confirmed so readily i am convinced MM will be in. i mean who else could it really be? you know no one deserves it more

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Pikmin is the only one that might take that slot.

But here's the thing.

Captian Olimar is too small.

No really. The size of a quarter.

But knowing Sakurai he'll change his size.
Yeah, but that's really a moot argument. I mean, Kirby is only supposed to be 8 inches tall, and Bowser's size has varied over the years. The "actual" size of a character is a moot point, if Sakurai wants 'em in he'll scale them so they fit.

Now, to get back on topic, the Sonic announcement has me really excited. I mean, Sonic was the most requested Smash character from the Western market, and for him to have been revealed months before the release date has me exited for future updates.

In short? I think the good ol' Blue Bomber has a pretty good chance at this point!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Well as of right now the only concern I have is if Olimar is playable.

If not then we still have to look at Punch-Out, Rayman, and Pac-Man.

Once Olimar is out of the way (Ie, he's an assist trophy and such) then things will be a bit better.
punch out is basically a generic boxer, sure he was fun to use but he...just doesnt seem like he would fit IMO.

ray-man, ummm... I dont know. I can see him in but I havnt played many of his games since great escape 2 and I dont know how deserving he is of a spot. plus megaman has been around way longer than him and has had a much larger impact.

pac-man.....are you serious? sure hes one of the older ones but he realy would be alot like a kirby clone who cant copy. but he would make a cool kirby alt.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Believe me. I want Megaman in as much as you guys do but somehow I have this bad feeling that he isn't.

If Sonic was Icon 22 or 21 then I wouldn't have this feeling but since he is icon 20 there is only 1 icon left that has to be taken. We know 13 is going to be Game and Watch so 19 could easily be Megaman (Rockman) or Pikmin.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Believe me. I want Megaman in as much as you guys do but somehow I have this bad feeling that he isn't.

If Sonic was Icon 22 or 21 then I wouldn't have this feeling but since he is icon 20 there is only 1 icon left that has to be taken. We know 13 is going to be Game and Watch so 19 could easily be Megaman (Rockman) or Pikmin.
Is G&W as Icon 13 a speculation, or has it been proven? Sorry if I'm behind the curve, I always seem to miss the icon theory discussions.

Come to think of it, what would Olimar's icon be, anyways? A good choice for Megaman's seems fairly obvious to me, it could be either his helmet or a 1-up.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I do want megaman in brawl I would perfer Megaman X if they did put another megaman character i would have to say Zero from the X serise and i hope either way we do get a megaman in brawl.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Pikmin's icon would be a pikmin of course.

And we assume 13 is Game and Watch because Icon's 12-14 are Melee icons.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
megaman's logo would probbably be his helmet. thats the best thing to represent him. and for captain olimar I see it being a pikman head, not a whole pikman, in any case were here to discuss megaman, not olimar. if any of you want to discuss olimar do it in his thread. not MM's.

Top Bottom