• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but Ray Mk and Megaman are VERY,VERY similar and Ray MK has more priority since he's first party. I don't believe Megaman will get in over Ray Mk.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Hey guys, the date to look forward to for Mega Man is October 15th.

Capcom is having some announcement thing where the claim to be releasing a "MEGATON BOMB" of news.

check Kotaku.com for more details, search Capcom

IT'll probably be for game info on Star Force and probably another Classic installment and more DASH info for consoles.

He isn't going to be revealed there for Brawl. If he was, I would be stoked. VERY stoked.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but Ray Mk and Megaman are VERY,VERY similar and Ray MK has more priority since he's first party. I don't believe Megaman will get in over Ray Mk.
You have obviously NEVER played Megaman. Being an avid player of both series I realise that:

1) Ray uses air dashing (not the Smash technique), pods, bombs, and charges. Megaman does none of those, except for bombs in certain games, which are different bombs entirely.

2.) Megaman has the ability to copy enemies abilities. Ray can't do that

3.) Megaman can also do fist fighting, as displayed in Marvel VS. Capcom. Ray hasn't in any of his games

4.) Megaman has more of chance then Ray. Megaman, though third-party, is a video game ICON and is popular worldwide. Ray is only popular in Japan and semi-popular in the states.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hey guys, the date to look forward to for Mega Man is October 15th.

Capcom is having some announcement thing where the claim to be releasing a "MEGATON BOMB" of news.

check Kotaku.com for more details, search Capcom
Well tickle me pink and consider me stoked. God I hope this MEGATON BOMB is... "you-know-who" in "you-know-what".
AND THE 15TH IS THIS UPCOMING MONDAY!!! ZOMG!!! X-ITEMENT!!! (or, rather, CLASSIC-CITEMENT!!!)

EDIT:
But wait, look who posted the "Megaton bomb" statement. The guy who produced Street Figther 2... oh no...

Megaman has been in so many more games than RayMk. Not only does MM have the Buster Cannon, a slide kick, and his dog to work from, but he's got abilities from the tons of Robot Masters he's defeated in his day.

RayMk has an arm-blade and a gun... probably more, but definitely not enough to be any threat to MM.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea seriously not only do they barely look anything a like but the fact that Kirby and Jigglypuff got in would be proof enough that it doesn't matter...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
This is what I hoped and thought too. It would make alot of sense especialy because the character number is TBD...;)

anyone else here find it strange (in a good way) that they're convieniently leaving out how many characters are in the roster, even prior to the delay?

(time for a hypothesis) what if we're getting our nintendo characters but we might get teams for third party mayhem? what i mean by this is what if we might see another character (or characters) to go along with the figurehead (i.e. Sonic having Tails/Knuckles/Amy Rose or all 3) it makes sense... tease everyone early by using the figurehead while convieniently leaving out the number of slots available to all characters (game universes ect.) this could then make for a (highly unlikely but possible) team classic mega man

-Megaman
-Bass
-Roll
-Protoman

.....the hype just keeps building........

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
So october 15th is Capcom's conference? I kinda thought they would announce Megaman there. It'd be good to get all the 3rd party characters out of the way. We just got snake two weeks ago.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
You bring up a pretty much untrue statement, followed by a good one, hehe.

The Ray series of Custom Robos and Megaman are vastly different. I'm a big fan of both series, and I can say that Ray has the potential to be very different from Megaman, given that his moveset could be built from the hundreds of different guns, bombs, missiles and pods (one type of each is standard on each Robo) in the series. Granted he could be similar to Megaman, but if they're both in, odds are Ray won't be configured in a similar manner.

As for the first versus third party debate, I'll admit that because Ray is the representative of one of Nintendo's first party franchises, he inherently stands a better chance than Megaman. Given that there are 5 games in the Custom Robo series, I'd argue that Ray even deserves a spot in the Brawl roster (I'd personally be very happy--again, I'm a fan of the series). However, I've been a Megaman junkie as long as I can remember, and I can certainly say that he is the face of Capcom and a prime candidate for Brawl's roster.

I don't really think it's going to be a question of "Ray getting in over Megaman." They're distinct enough and important enough to warrent both being in the Brawl roster.

And here's hoping we get to see both come February :grin:

volbound1700

Smash Master
No

Megaman had six f.u.ck.ing games on the original NES. Megaman deserves to be in it! He has a long relationship with Nintendo and rocked back in the old school days.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
anyone else here find it strange (in a good way) that they're convieniently leaving out how many characters are in the roster, even prior to the delay?

(time for a hypothesis) what if we're getting our nintendo characters but we might get teams for third party mayhem? what i mean by this is what if we might see another character (or characters) to go along with the figurehead (i.e. Sonic having Tails/Knuckles/Amy Rose or all 3) it makes sense... tease everyone early by using the figurehead while convieniently leaving out the number of slots available to all characters (game universes ect.) this could then make for a (highly unlikely but possible) team classic mega man

-Megaman
-Bass
-Roll
-Protoman

.....the hype just keeps building........
There is NO way we'll be getting 3 Sonic characters or 4 Megaman characters. We'll be getting one (maybe two? I know, I'm greedy.) more 3rd Party guest and hopefully, that last one (or second to last? I know, I'm greedy.) will be Megaman.

Putting in more than one character in from a 3rd Party franchise just wouldn't be fair to other potential Brawlers.

Imagine if they put Snake, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Megaman on a list of characters. Now imagine they put the first three characters in. That just wouldn't be necessary to have that many reps from a company that isn't even owned by Nintendo, and it would probably put Nintendo and Capcom on bad terms.

johnjoelw

Smash Cadet
how many different powers will he get if hes in? Will he get a different power from each person or will he get powers that basicly work with more than one person? I think a different power for each person sound right but it may be too much like kirby....
Well I think he should have a "mega" version of every ones powers that he steals from them.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
There is NO way we'll be getting 3 Sonic characters or 4 Megaman characters. We'll be getting one (maybe two? I know, I'm greedy.) more 3rd Party guest and hopefully, that last one (or second to last? I know, I'm greedy.) will be Megaman.

Putting in more than one character in from a 3rd Party franchise just wouldn't be fair to other potential Brawlers.

Imagine if they put Snake, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Megaman on a list of characters. Now imagine they put the first three characters in. That just wouldn't be necessary to have that many reps from a company that isn't even owned by Nintendo, and it would probably put Nintendo and Capcom on bad terms.
never thought of it like that.... guess we'll just have to wait and see (prays for megaman and bass if possible)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I agree Dyce, its not impossible, but most likely (99%), we're only getting one character from each 3rd party company.

As for whoever said that Capcom wasnt credited at the end of that video, SEGA was never credited before Sonic was showed because it would have been way too much of a spoiler

volbound1700

Smash Master
I agree Dyce, its not impossible, but most likely (99%), we're only getting one character from each 3rd party company.

As for whoever said that Capcom wasnt credited at the end of that video, SEGA was never credited before Sonic was showed because it would have been way too much of a spoiler
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826142p1.html

IGN disagrees with you about Tails... go to bottom of screen.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master

I mean it would be cool to play as Raiden (MGS) or Knuckles (StH) or Protoman (MM) as well as their series' main character, but I just don't really see it happening. IF they put anyone else it, it will be a small cameo as an AT/Trophy/Sticker/Boss/Stage Background Element.

EDIT:
Oh yea, I forgot. What video are you talking about bluebomber?

P.S.- W00T!!! I'M FINALLY A SMASH MASTER!

volbound1700

Smash Master
I mean it would be cool to play as Raiden (MGS) or Knuckles (StH) or Protoman (MM) as well as their series' main character, but I just don't really see it happening. IF they put anyone else it, it will be a small cameo as an AT/Trophy/Sticker/Boss/Stage Background Element.

EDIT:

Once again dont assume things

A 2nd character from Sonic or another 3rd party game could make it. (read bottom of article). Note: SEGA is like that, they won't release Sonic without Tails attached to him.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
chances are that if tails wasn't in a team with sonic, he wont be in.

I tend to think the same about zero, if they were to put zero in he would be in a team with X.
If he isnt in a team with X then i dought (uless by some mirical) that he will get in at all.

the reason i say this is that it wouldnt make sense for them to spend a whole bunch of money to get in a third party character just to be a AT.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Once again dont assume things

A 2nd character from Sonic or another 3rd party game could make it. (read bottom of article). Note: SEGA is like that, they won't release Sonic without Tails attached to him.
Stop quoting the same article. IGN's opinion isn't worth squat to Nintendo. Seriously, all IGN is is a bunch of normal guys, like you or I, who state their own opinions.

I'm not saying that more Sonic/MGS characters couldn't make it in, I'm just saying it probably isn't likely because Sakurai stated right from the beginning that he didn't want to crowd the game with too many 3rd Party guests.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
seems like i started a team trend without realizing it... ok, if the team thing turns out to be a yes, x/zero or classic/bass? that's the big question

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
sorry for the n00bness.. i just didnt feel like skimmin through 300+ pages (although i guess now i could look around)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

EDIT:

its the Nintendo Conference Vid on the DOJO.

there's a credits screen at the end where Konami and SEGA are creditted. Someone posted in here a pg or 2 back saying that it doesnt look good for mm cuz Capcom wasnt on there. But i was just pointing out that SEGA wasn't on the DOJO before Sonic's release either for obvious reasons.

Plus, at this time they haven't showed anything thats "Capcom" property yet, so no need to credit them

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Well I think he should have a "mega" version of every ones powers that he steals from them.
if by "mega" you mean that he gets a adjusted version to go into a way of altering his megabuster then I agree with you. but he soudnt get a stronger exact copy of the persons, that would copy and take away kirbies fighting style or put it to shame.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
I am in with Mega Man on Brawl! I like it that Sonic made it into Brawl, but I would be more happy if the blue bomber makes it into Brawl as I am more of a fan of his than Sonic.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be cool if they revealed Beat or something before Mega man?

Sakurai just posts a normal item update featuring beat and talk about the item like he normally would... just for everyone to get the reaction of "O its just an item... one second... is that?... BEAT!!??? HOLY" *dies*

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be cool if they revealed Beat or something before Mega man?

Sakurai just posts a normal item update featuring beat and talk about the item like he normally would... just for everyone to get the reaction of "O its just an item... one second... is that?... BEAT!!??? HOLY" *dies*
That would be cool to create suspense, but usually they first introduce the character.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Since costumes were kind of confirmed with Dark Metaknight and Dark Link (And I guess Sigurd for Ike, even though I haven't seen it), Megaman having an X and EXE costume seems likely. I really think Mega will appear.

Gooche

Smash Rookie
Seeing the gameplay on gamespot gave me goosebumps.

Out of the 3rd party characters I think the only ones left the defined the classic NES period (and gaming for that matter) are MM and Belmont. Since Konami already has Snake...MM would be a wonderful victory. I think Nintendo and Capcom are on good terms so in my mind this is very likely. The game should have ICONic characters.

And CLASSIC at that!

Top Bottom