• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
Now it's war between Geno and Megaman(why are all third party characters blue?)
wtf is with everyone wanting geno. I dont want that ***got muppet, I'd rather have good ol' megaman. srsly, i thought geno was a stupid character in that mario rpg. wtf wtf yay
if any of you geno lubbers or homosexuals are offended by the message than hello good sir

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wtf is with everyone wanting geno. I dont want that ***got muppet, I'd rather have good ol' megaman. srsly, i thought geno was a stupid character in that mario rpg. wtf wtf yay
if any of you geno lubbers or homosexuals are offended by the message than hello good sir
Why the hell wouldn't you want Geno, he's one of the best choices for a newcomer...A Doll possessed from a spirit from the heavens aremed with lasers and the power to summon light to rain down from the heavens...

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
Why the hell wouldn't you want Geno, he's one of the best choices for a newcomer...A Doll possessed from a spirit from the heavens aremed with lasers and the power to summon light to rain down from the heavens...
Obviously I dont. I'll be happy if they both make it at least. Reguardless, im just glad snake is in brawl.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
amen freind. geno should not get into brawl. he is a third party MARIO rep. how many mario reps do we have so far? mario, luigi, bowser, peach, yoshi, we dont need any more. especialy one in a third party position. IMO I would rather have megaman, bomberman, or captain olimar(if hes third party I dont know if he is or not).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
amen freind. geno should not get into brawl. he is a third party MARIO rep. how many mario reps do we have so far? mario, luigi, bowser, peach, yoshi, we dont need any more. especialy one in a third party position. IMO I would rather have megaman, bomberman, or captain olimar(if hes third party I dont know if he is or not).
He should too get into Brawl because he is the best Mario rep and has a great chance of getting in...

...And I can't believe you just said Captain Olimer should get in as a 3rd party rep over Geno...Because he is not 3rd party...

I don't care if you don't like Geno but he still has a good chance of getting in and would be an awesome character

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
He should too get into Brawl because he is the best Mario rep and has a great chance of getting in...

...And I can't believe you just said Captain Olimer should get in as a 3rd party rep over Geno...Because he is not 3rd party...

I don't care if you don't like Geno but he still has a good chance of getting in and would be an awesome character
sorry about the captain olimar thing. I didnt know wether he was third party or not, ive heard him being refered that way often. but i still wouldnt want another mario rep in brawl HOWEVER if he is in I wont throw a fuss about it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok im now scared, shwing sonic could mean a lot of things, I mean hes THE newcomer more than 90% of smashers want in brawl...

now its happend, thing is now theres only ONE 3rd party rep, but instead of keeping sonic for last they showed him now, I have a feeling were out of 3rd parties, thats my biggest fear for blue bomber...

obcourse it could mean since sonic IS the obvious 3rd party choice, they showed him now, keeping the last 3rd party a complete secret... IDK... im going nuts here...

go MM AND SONIC!!

EWJDirtDevourer

Smash Cadet
I hate MegaMan. Especially the new .EXE games. If I wanted a Capcom Character, I'd pick someone COOL, like Chun-Li, or Ryu...Or Blanka.

EWJDirtDevourer

Smash Cadet
Do you have a reason for hating a gaming icon such as Megaman?

I'm just not Megaman's biggest fan. And besides, I know he has ALOT of special moves. How could they limit it to just 4 and a Final Smash?

Also, There was once a kid in my school who wouldn't shut up about Megaman. He drove me insane.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
@Stryks:
I don't see it that way at all, and I don't think you should either. To me, I think Sonic is just a distraction from the release date being taken from us. Megaman still has as good a chance as he had before today's update.

On a personal note, does anyone else feel that this is too good to be true? Like tomorrow you're just going to wake up and Sonic was never there?

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Classic Megaman

Personally, I think the classic Megaman design would work best in Brawl, keeping in tune to the "cartoony" looks of other characters like Kirby and Yoshi; although, I am not opposed to any of his other incarnations. On a side note, sorry if this has been said before, I think he should have a variable standard b attack, like Kirby, that takes an opponent's attack when he kills them and is only released when he taunts. Though the idea may seem gimmicky, it stays true to the way he fights in the original games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No... he does'nt, his look WAS taken from his latest game... from a Nintendo system, remeber the 3rd party rule you fool!
What are you talking about, the third party rule? That doesn't determine his appearance. He probably would have appeared as young snake even if he was on a nintendo system as old snake

xtaldo

Smash Rookie
I would like Megaman X over the original because he has never been in a crossover before. Also I would love to see Sigma in brawl.. it would be soo tight

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
What about A Team Megaman.

Where you can play as Classic Megaman or X.

Like PT you can switch out between them but unlike PT their stamina isn't affected so you can play as Classic or X as long as you like.

Classic is the speedier of the two.

X is the powerhouse of the two. They both use the Mega/X Buster and have the Mega Upper/Helmet Crush attacks.

Also both can use the copy grab and they each get different attacks. I shall now list

Mario: Fire Storm/Speed Burner
Donkey Kong: Super Arm/Ground Dash
Link: Quick Boomerang/Boomerang Cutter
Samus: Crash Bomb/Horming Torpedo
Yoshi: Bubble Lead/Strike Chain
Kirby: Air Shooter/Storm Tornado
Fox: Gemini Laser/Ray Arrow
Pikachu: Thunder Beam/Tri-Thunder
Jigglypuff: Hard Knuckle/Giga Crush (Based on Rest XD)
Luigi: Atomic Fire/Circle Blaze
Ness: Magnet Missle/Magnet Mine
C.Falcon: Scorch Wheel/Spin Wheel
Peach: Mirror Buster/Guard Shell
Zelda: Leaf Shield/Gaea Shield
Bowser: Top Spin/Sonic Slicer (Based on Koopa Klaw)
Ice Climbers: Ice Slasher/Shotgun Ice
Marth: Knight Chain/Spike Rope
Ike: Flame Sword/Magma Blade
Mewtwo: Gravity Hold/Gravity Well
Ganondorf: Black Hole/Squeeze Bomb
Falco: Flash Bomb/Explosion
Lucas: Spark Chaser/Thunder Dancer
Charizard: Wave Burner/Fire Wave
Squirtle: Water Wave/Splash Laser
Ivysaur: Plant Barrier/Ray Splasher (Based on Bullet Seed)
Game and Watch: Rush Coil/Silk Shot (Attack is random based on location)
Shiek: Needle Cannon/Chameleon Sting
Metaknight: Tengu Blade/Wind Shreeder
ZSS: Wire Adapter/Triad Thunder
Wario: Napalm Bomb/Land Chaser (Based on Wario Chopper)
Pit: Super Arrow/???
Diddy Kong: Wild Coil/Green Spinner (Based on rockets)
Snake: Homing Sniper/F-Laser
Sonic: Metal Blade/Movin Wheel

Final Smash: Megaman: Super Adaptor
X: Robot Ride Armor

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
sorry to bring up what was probably dead for a loooong time..... but..........

im all for the classic megaman or x, but is everyone gonna totally disregard the zero series characters just because of the 3rd party slots being too few? ok maybe im just wishful thinking but would anyone want to see a duo in brawl (maybe x/zero as seen in the zero series? or classic/bass?) (*salavates at the far out idea of the zero series pair and the guardians from the zero series or classic/bass final smash super adaptor/gospel fusion respectively* -hey we can all dream-)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
sorry to bring up what was probably dead for a loooong time..... but..........

im all for the classic megaman or x, but is everyone gonna totally disregard the zero series characters just because of the 3rd party slots being too few? ok maybe im just wishful thinking but would anyone want to see a duo in brawl (maybe x/zero as seen in the zero series? or classic/bass?) (*salavates at the far out idea of the zero series pair and the guardians from the zero series or classic/bass final smash super adaptor/gospel fusion respectively* -hey we can all dream-)
No, Classic is best

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for Classic Megaman, so you can have all 4 legends in the game!

Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Snake!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
you have to admit tho, classic and bass would be something to be praised

Mr. Who

Smash Cadet
This is a great thread. And a good idea. Megaman first appeared on a Nintendo console and most of his other games have been on a Nintendo console. Though I say the one to appear should be the first one since he has more moves and has appeared in more games then the others. But to me, any Megaman is good enough.

Plus, IF, Megaman gets in, we'll have all the mascots from all the major video game companies (Nintendo, Sega, Konami, and Capcom) gathering in one place for the first time. AM: A monumental historical event.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Everything can fir in the SSBB setting... EVERYTHING!

Anyways classic all the way... the only thing that comes close is X all the rest phail!

johnjoelw

Smash Cadet
Please Mr. Masahiro Sakurai. : begs : Pleease Add Megaman. He is the one character i have wanted since the begining of all this. All I need is his Buster Shot everything else is bonus.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
how many different powers will he get if hes in? Will he get a different power from each person or will he get powers that basicly work with more than one person? I think a different power for each person sound right but it may be too much like kirby....

Gooche

Smash Rookie
Classic Mega Man is the one that should be represented.

He should have classic powers already in place (leaf shield, flame thrower, tornado, bubble, etc). While I like the idea of him being able to steal powers it just wouldn't work in the truest sense of his context. I mean his ability was to interface with other robots by copying their coding. It could be changed but they really don't HAVE to do it. I think the reason it wouldn't work is because with Kirby its easy...he actually copies one of the powers of an opponent. With MM he modifies an attack and uses it as a projectile. I think that is may be too difficult to do that. So I wouldn't even bother. Just give him the most popular powers from previous games. And with Snake and Sonic's Uair Rush could either be a spring board or a rocket sled.

There have been a lot of cool movesets in here BTW as I'm hoping most for Mega Man to make it in.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
thing about megaman is, I'm sure a lot of people would want him to have his enemy power stealing abilities, which would really take a lot of kirby's originality away

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
thing about megaman is, I'm sure a lot of people would want him to have his enemy power stealing abilities, which would really take a lot of kirby's originality away
the quoted post below just proved that wrong

Classic Mega Man is the one that should be represented.

He should have classic powers already in place (leaf shield, flame thrower, tornado, bubble, etc). While I like the idea of him being able to steal powers it just wouldn't work in the truest sense of his context. I mean his ability was to interface with other robots by copying their coding. It could be changed but they really don't HAVE to do it. I think the reason it wouldn't work is because with Kirby its easy...he actually copies one of the powers of an opponent. With MM he modifies an attack and uses it as a projectile. I think that is may be too difficult to do that. So I wouldn't even bother. Just give him the most popular powers from previous games. And with Snake and Sonic's Uair Rush could either be a spring board or a rocket sled.

There have been a lot of cool movesets in here BTW as I'm hoping most for Mega Man to make it in.
QFT

Hey guys, the date to look forward to for Mega Man is October 15th.

Capcom is having some announcement thing where the claim to be releasing a "MEGATON BOMB" of news.

check Kotaku.com for more details, search Capcom

Top Bottom