• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
and if you say that exe is more megaman than X, then you have a big problem...
lol, but the MMBN series is more popular than the X series:
Mega Man 2 (1.51 million)
Mega Man Battle Network 4 (1.35 million)
Mega Man X (1.16 million)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Game_Boy_Advance

^ the 3 best selling MM games as of this year. Nice Engrish by the way.... you seem to be the one with problems, not the EXE. fans...
I do think it'll be Megaman EXE. who will be in brawl, after all, look at the updated looks everyone else has been getting :rolleyes:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In the least Megaman EXE IS a Megaman, X just looks and acts like Megaman...

I don't support the idea of EXE in Brawl though

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I do think it'll be Megaman EXE. who will be in brawl, after all, look at the updated looks everyone else has been getting :rolleyes:
pokemon trainer. ike. need I say more?

see, unlike 90 percent of the people on this thread, I do like EXE, but the problem is, like X, he just isn't megaman. he's just someone who looks like megaman. the only megaman there is is classic. and he's the only megaman I'll ever accept. after all, capcom's mascot isn't megaman X, or megaman exe, or megaman zero, or megaman starforce or megaman hyper XYZ maximum plus. its just megaman. anyone else just isn't megaman. the end.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea exactly what Tirkaro said and why do you like him anyway? he looks shhhhhhhhhhit!

I mean whats up with that spandex and ugly colours... don't even get me started on his ****ed up face + head.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
the problem is, like X, he just isn't megaman. he's just someone who looks like megaman.
Actually he IS Megaman(EXE.), just an alternet version of him where networking was chosen over robotics.

And now you know, Kyle suliven :)

Sinn

Smash Lord
Link and Zelda's new look from Twilight Princess is one thing. But Mega Man being represented by the most current games in the overall franchise I don't see as being quite as likely. For starters, yes, they ARE different characters. And while Link and Zelda may be different counterparts than others in their series, that series is all one long, continuous storyline. Is Mega Man EXE's universe connected to the original Mega Man's universe somehow? The same way that X's is? I thought that there was a totally different Wily character in EXE...and I don't think I've even heard of Dr. Light being in it.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Link and Zelda's new look from Twilight Princess is one thing. But Mega Man being represented by the most current games in the overall franchise I don't see as being quite as likely. For starters, yes, they ARE different characters. And while Link and Zelda may be different counterparts than others in their series, that series is all one long, continuous storyline. Is Mega Man EXE's universe connected to the original Mega Man's universe somehow? The same way that X's is? I thought that there was a totally different Wily character in EXE...and I don't think I've even heard of Dr. Light being in it.
no his storyline does NOT connect to the originals. his is an alternate universe where the original never existed. Thats one reason why i dont want him in.

Alpha Noob- dont be so sure about EXE making an appearance, his series is dead and not only are they not making any games for it, the storyline has ended as well....

But why is everyone saying X is not a mega man?? Sure i want the original in brawl first, but i wouldnt be dissapointed in the least if it was X. X to me is just like a more enhanced version of the original. they both exhibit the same heroic qualities of fighting for justice and what not. They are both constantly underestimated by their enemies, and hell Dr. Light made both of them....so why isnt X a mega man?

he is to me

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
no his storyline does NOT connect to the originals. his is an alternate universe where the original never existed. Thats one reason why i dont want him in.

Alpha Noob- dont be so sure about EXE making an appearance, his series is dead and not only are they not making any games for it, the storyline has ended as well....

But why is everyone saying X is not a mega man?? Sure i want the original in brawl first, but i wouldnt be dissapointed in the least if it was X. X to me is just like a more enhanced version of the original. they both exhibit the same heroic qualities of fighting for justice and what not. They are both constantly underestimated by their enemies, and hell Dr. Light made both of them....so why isnt X a mega man?

he is to me

Well, he isn't a megaman...because his name is not megaman...

They are two different "People"...just with similar abilities and look

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well, he isn't a megaman...because his name is not megaman...

They are two different "People"...just with similar abilities and look
Yeah, I respect X as much as Mega Man, but I generally don't refer to him AS a Mega Man for the same reason that I don't call Zero "Mega Man Zero"...because that's really only there to make the series all franchise related. No one...ever did call X "Mega Man X," did they? Light might have...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
There's a difference between dead, and ended, EXE. has ended, and Classic is dead because there has'nt been a new classic game since 1998 (Rockman & Forte JPN). And it does'nt matter if the BN storyline has ended, based on the X series, the original series ends to, so....

miller483

Smash Ace
There's a difference between dead, and ended, EXE. has ended, and Classic is dead because there has'nt been a new classic game since 1998 (Rockman & Forte JPN). And it does'nt matter if the BN storyline has ended, based on the X series, the original series ends to, so....
I don't think the X series is over. I mean, they left us with Axl's ending...

Sinn

Smash Lord
To be honest, once they went from SNES to Playstation...I stopped caring about/paying attention to the X series as a whole. I'm sure that if I got the collection game for Cube I would love it...which I should do and probably will. But I didn't have a PS for a long time so I kinda just...missed out on it altogether.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ive got the perfect idea for final smashes for each form.(if he is only one of these)

megaman(classic): gains the attributes of last person defeated
(i know i already put this as a normal ability but it would be a little to powerful)
megaman X: he gets that white armor suit, i forgot its name.
megaman.exe: he gets a random style change.
megaman(new i forgot his new name):i have realy no clue, probably goes wave form and cant take damage, people pass right through him when they try to make contact.

heres what i think if other-wise:

if they are all one megaman and alternate costumes then the final smash would probably be he gains a energy tank bar over his damage and instead of the usual reaction to getting hit he gets the classic flashing and faze thing. he will then go go back to normal when it runs dry and he will have a full recovery from damage percent.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
There's a difference between dead, and ended, EXE. has ended, and Classic is dead because there has'nt been a new classic game since 1998 (Rockman & Forte JPN).
megaman powered up (YES, ITS A NEW GAME, IT HAS DIFFERENT LEVELS, STOP DENYING IT.)

And it does'nt matter if the BN storyline has ended, based on the X series, the original series ends to, so....
but it doesn't have actual specified ending. its still technically ongoing.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I respect the opinion, but fact is EXE aint getting no where in brawl, since his series has ended, and is one of the worst spinoffs in the megaman series...

Original or X, anything else wouldnt make sense...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I respect the opinion, but fact is EXE aint getting no where in brawl, since his series has ended, and is one of the worst spinoffs in the megaman series...

Original or X, anything else wouldnt make sense...
Quoted for truth!!! indeed exe would not be a good addition to Brawl, only the original is what I really want to see

I happen to think that the Battle Network series was one of the best Megaman games thare are. XP

So there.
actually I thought it was the worst of any megaman series, but that's my opinion

Brawlman

Smash Ace
I don't get the hate for EXE.

So what if his games have ended!? That's not a very good reason to exclude him!

And plenty of other people like the Battle Network series! It's like hating the Paper Mario series because it's not like the original Mario games!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
we dont hate it cuz its not the original, we hate it cuz it sucks. X isnt the original, even though i still consider him one of only two "mega men", and i love his series just as much as the original.

but to each his own....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
will this topic become the official unofficial megaman topic if he is never announced?
Most likely all topics will be deleted and the Brawl section will resemble how the melee section is

Sinn

Smash Lord
Probably not me. I'm not on enough.

...BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Actually I stalk my own subscribed list more than anything else. So I wouldn't see it until someone told me about it. That and it depends on the time and day...

I need sleep. I'll see you later~

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Moar Sakurai quotes for Copy grabz

Megaman: Special Moves

Mewtwo Copy Grab: Gravity Hold.

Screenshot 1: Megaman and Mewtwo facing off. *Here comes Mewtwo!*

Screenshot 2: Megaman uses gravity hold to flip Mewtwo *Flip!*

Gravity Hold isn't strong but it's a good method to psyche out your opponent to give you time to counter attack or flee.

Pit Copy Grab: Super Arrow

Super Arrow fires an arrow foward. It can stick to the walls and use as a platform if needed.

Screenshot 3: Megaman using Super Arrow and it hits the wall in castle seige *The arrow sticks to the wall*

Screenshot 4: Megaman using his Up B which is Mega Upper cut *Is...Is he going to make it?*

Screenshot 5: Megaman safely lands on the arrow *Whew! Made it.*

Super Arrow is great for creating a platform when you need to get back onto the stage. A useful recovery move indeed.

Metaknight Copy Grab: Tengu Blade

Tengu Blade fires a wind wisp that travels at high speeds. It will travel up higher as it goes further out. It's good to use on air borne enemies.

Screenshot 6: Megaman using Tengublade on Metaknight while he is gliding. *Gotcha!*

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
Hijos De Puta!

lol, but the MMBN series is more popular than the X series:
Mega Man 2 (1.51 million)
Mega Man Battle Network 4 (1.35 million)
Mega Man X (1.16 million)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Game_Boy_Advance

^ the 3 best selling MM games as of this year. Nice Engrish by the way.... you seem to be the one with problems, not the EXE. fans...
OHHHHHH MY GOD!!!!!! HOW DARE YO.... SON OF A *****!!!!!!! WHAT DID YOU SAY?????? DID YOU REALIZE THAT YOUR STUPID GAME IS FOR GBA!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD YOU!!!!!!!!!!! AND NO ONE SAY'S ANYTHING??????? THIS FORUMS SUCKS! ALL OF YOU SUCKS! ENOUGH! I GET OUT OF HERE! THIS IS STUPID! HOW DESERVE ALL OF YOU TO CALL HIMSELFS MEGAMAN FANS HOW!!!!???
AGGGGGGGGG NINTENDEROS DE MIERDA SON UNOS HIJOS DE PUTA!!!!!!!!! VAYANSE A JUGAR SU MEGAMAN EXE DE MIERDA!!!!!!!!!! SON TODOS UNOS HIJOS DE PUTA!!!!! YO ME VOY DE ESTA MIERDA DE FORO!!!!!!!!!
AND KEEP DREAMING! OTAKUS!!!!! MEGAMAN EXE WILL NEVER BE SO POPULAR AS MEGAMAN X! EVEN IF YOU SPEAK ABOUT THE NUMBER OF SALES! JA! IN JAPAN YOU MAKE **** AND ALL THE PEOPLE BUY THAT! HIJOS DE PUTA! SPECIALLY YOU CABRON!

Top Bottom