• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
you do make an interesting point, if they can do it for kirby, why not mega man?
Bingo. For MegaMan it would be even easier, as he wouldn't even read from a moveset, he'd simply fire a single projectile that's impact force, speed, sound, repetition, distance and appearance would be based on who he copied. Six little numerical values, each indicating something different.

For example, "Flame Sprayer" to copy Bowser's "Fire Breath", would have minimal impact, slow speed, repetition to make the 'spray' appearance, short distance so it wouldn't spray all the way across the screen, and the 'fire' appearance.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Bingo. For MegaMan it would be even easier, as he wouldn't even read from a moveset, he'd simply fire a single projectile that's impact force, speed, sound, repetition, distance and appearance would be based on who he copied. Six little numerical values, each indicating something different.

For example, "Flame Sprayer" to copy Bowser's "Fire Breath", would have minimal impact, slow speed, repetition to make the 'spray' appearance, short distance so it wouldn't spray all the way across the screen, and the 'fire' appearance.
Not bad, not bad at all. welcome to the mega man thread :)

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Not bad, not bad at all. welcome to the mega man thread :)
*bows*

Thanks.

And keeping his 'Copied' projectile as his Side B, that leaves his Normal B to be his MegaBuster, so Kirby can copy it easily.

And I mean right down to even shooting little pellet-looking energy blasts, to those full charges energy waves from later in the series...

And a Final Smash where he turns into X and unleashes a full-scale blast would be great...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
*bows*

Thanks.

And keeping his 'Copied' projectile as his Side B, that leaves his Normal B to be his MegaBuster, so Kirby can copy it easily.

And I mean right down to even shooting little pellet-looking energy blasts, to those full charges energy waves from later in the series...

And a Final Smash where he turns into X and unleashes a full-scale blast would be great...
*claps*

Yeah, keeping copied abilitied to be the side b special is best, so we can still have his buster.

And I agree with him "changing" into X for his final smash because it gives them a chance to incorporate the X series as well. it deserves respect too

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
More Sakurai Copy Grab updates!!1!1oneoneone

Megaman: Special Moves

Yoshi Copy Grab: Bubble Lead

This rather unorthodox attack let's Megaman shoot a rolling ball along the ground. It will also travel up walls and ceilings.

Screenshot 1: Megaman shooting bubble lead. *Rollin rollin rollin...*

Kirby Copy Grab: Air Shooter.

Screenshot 2: Megaman shooting Air Shooter hitting Wario. *Direct hit!*

Air Shooter doesn't really do damage but if you catch your opponent with it he'll go flying into the air. This is a great way to set up a Meteor Smash or combos.

Sinn

Smash Lord
The really could just use info they already have, and just play with it all a bit to make it into a shot he sends out. No need for MegaMan to do a Kirby and repose. (BTW, Kirby's ability actually doesn't need new animation. He's literally reading his data straight out of the moveset data for whoever he's copied ^_^)
That's a neat piece of trivia...where'd you learn that?

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Want to point something out.

Now I don't know if this is indeed true or not but take it with a grain of salt.

With the addition of Snake to Brawl our theory of the world icon list has changed.

Before we though it went like this: Smash, Smash Bros, Melee, Brawl, 3rd party.

But now it seems to go like this. Smash, Smash Bros characters, Melee Characters, Brawl Characters.

There also seems to be some kind of alphebetical order.

Allow be to show you with Brawl.

15: Animal Crossing
16: Made in Wario
17: Metal Gear Solid
18: Kid Icarus (Palutena something something)

Now if this theory is correct then that means characters like Pac-man and Bomberman are out since they would have to go in there somewhere.

It also means that Megaman still has a chance. (Rockuman)

Now if THAT is indeed how it is going. Then it shows us that Megaman might very well be in.

But we don't know if it is set up for sure that way. Only time will tell.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Kid Icarus is actually called Hikari shinwa (Myth of Light) in japanese, not to mention that the alphabetic theory sometimes uses the franchises names and sometimes the main characters name to make it fit so it doesn't really work out. But it's still 1st ssb64, 2nd ssbm and 3rd ssbb franchise order.

But whatever, I think Megaman has decent chance of getting into brawl

thrak

Smash Cadet
im sorry but that is possibly one of the most ridiculous methods of approaching the situation i have ever begun to imagine. I hope you dont really belive all of that:(

by the way, pac-man would be friggin awsome... for a bottom tier, WTF, move-less charcter...:urg:

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
im sorry but that is possibly one of the most ridiculous methods of approaching the situation i have ever begun to imagine. I hope you dont really belive all of that:(

by the way, pac-man would be friggin awsome... for a bottom tier, WTF, move-less charcter...:urg:
Well the theory really doesn't affect Megaman chances at all, but it has yet to be disproven and the only way currently for that to happen is mr. gaw icon not being number 12 or he's not in the game at all.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
No it doesn't affect his chances at all.

It would only show us who Sakurai had picked as 3rd party characters.

IF this theory does hold water. Then we could assume that the other 3rd party characters will be Rayman, Megaman, Sonic, Viewtiful Joe, or Sora (Fat chance)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

IF this theory does hold water. Then we could assume that the other 3rd party characters will be Rayman, Megaman, Sonic, Viewtiful Joe, or Sora (Fat chance)
You don't seem to be basing your opinion on anything but luckily Geno doesn't count as a guest character...He's getting in regardless

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Viewful Joe has little, if any chance at all. Sora has next to none. Rayman...is reconizable, but still unpopular. He has some chance, though I wouldn't bet on it.

i still haven't decided if i buy into the whole icon theory yet or not, but if it looks good for mega man, Ill accept it lol
It's a cheap theory to replace logic IMO. Snake's icon we could have seen coming, IC was forseeable by some [and doubful by others; your not stupid if you were on other sides], so it really isn't that big of deal. It's not like they guessed the Pokémon Trainer being the way he is 100% [no one did, and if thye say they did, they are a liar, or Sakurai].

You don't seem to be basing your opinion on anything but luckily Geno doesn't count as a guest character...He's getting in regardless
Geno has good chances, but I still prefer Megaman's chances.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
That's a neat piece of trivia...where'd you learn that?
I'm a game designer, I more or less garnered it from watching deconstructed footage of Melee being played with all sorts of values switched around.

For example, Mr.Game and Watch's DataSet takes up the least amount of space amongst any other fighter, because each of his moves is comprised mainly of only two pieces of data, frame 1, and frame 2.

That's also why he moves at that choppy animation. If one were to add additional pieces between the two frames, he'd move smoothly. But then, that's not Game and Watch ;)

It's also fun to think that Sukapon would be the next simple character addition, mainly because when assigning datapoints for his limbs, they don't have to worry about his joints bending at impossible angles... since he doesn't have any. He's essentially static aside from his eyes, and his hands, feet, torso and head never change shape, just position.

But I digress, SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT! Su-ka-pon! :p

...I just pray MegaMan doesn't have the Captain N era "Popeye" voice.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ Don't even menton the Captain N Megaman. Don't mention the Captain N anything, lol. Captain N and the Captain N character looks are dead to me, along with CD-i and "Excuse Me Princess!" Links. :laugh:

Sinn

Smash Lord
It's a cheap theory to replace logic IMO. Snake's icon we could have seen coming, IC was forseeable by some [and doubful by others; your not stupid if you were on other sides], so it really isn't that big of deal. It's not like they guessed the Pokémon Trainer being the way he is 100% [no one did, and if thye say they did, they are a liar, or Sakurai].

Geno has good chances, but I still prefer Megaman's chances.
I seem to recall that someone DID say something pretty darn close to the way PT works in the official thread. And by pretty darn close, I mean the whole using different Pokémon and swapping them out.

Also, I see no reason why Geno and Mega Man can't both be in the game, so...huzzah~

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wasn't pitting Geno against Megaman...The person said a bunch of other people

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
^ Don't even menton the Captain N Megaman. Don't mention the Captain N anything, lol. Captain N and the Captain N character looks are dead to me, along with CD-i and "Excuse Me Princess!" Links. :laugh:
Eh, I can't stay mad at Captain N, they tried their best.

The episode where Simon Belmont, Pit, MegaMan and Kevin wind up chasing GameBoy into the old classic game "Burger Time" still makes me smile every time I see it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
"A new game mode im sure you will all enjoy i present to you... Captain N mode!"

But seriously why the **** was he green!?

Loyid

Smash Rookie
I'm somewhat lost by about 300+ Pages so i couldnt lookin if someone asked this before but does anyone thought about X from Megaman X Command Mission for Brawl? I personally dislike... "kids" in fighting games so i would prefer this X. What are your opinions?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm somewhat lost by about 300+ Pages so i couldnt lookin if someone asked this before but does anyone thought about X from Megaman X Command Mission for Brawl? I personally dislike... "kids" in fighting games so i would prefer this X. What are your opinions?
Classic is best, X is good...But nowhere near Classic's level....Everyone (Every Megaman) else sucks

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea...

Proto man > Classic > Space cowboy twelves > X >< Zero > Trigger > ZX > SF > BN > Waluigi > Captain N > Toad man (Toadman: STFU!).

He he Proto man FTW!

And seeing as we got the trophy update today do you think we will get a trophey for the robot master styled like the Kirby hat trophy?

Like a trophy called "Mega Man 1 Robot masters" and the trophy will contain all of the 8 original robot masters.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
More Copy Grab Updates Sakurai Style!!!

Pikachu Copy Grab: Thunder Beam.

Screenshot 1: Megaman firing 3 bolts going up, down, and straight ahead at Snake *ZAP! ZAPZAPZAP!!*

Thunder Beam fires 3 electric bolts in 3 directions. It also has the uncanny ability to pass through walls and objects so your enemies can run but they can't hide. The best thing for your opponents to do is use someone else as a shield.

Luigi Copy Grab: Atomic Fire.

Atomic Fire acts similar to the Super Scope. By tapping B rapidly you'll fire small balls of fire at your opponent. Charge it up and it's a hole different story.

Screenshot 2: Megaman firing a fully charged shot at Luigi *Not a good idea to stand there Luigi...*

But weapons this powerful come with their own Acchealies heal. If you hold the B button for too long...

Screenshot 3: Megaman explodes and goes flying in the air *You'll go flying out of the stage!*

Jigglypuff Copy Grab: Hard Knuckle

Hard Knuckle is like having your very own long distance punch. Press B to fire a fist foward. It has excellent Reach and does a decent amount of damage.

Screenshot 4: Megaman firing his fist at Wario *You can also raise and lower the fist with the control stick*

Just be careful as this leaves Megaman open to attack.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
interesting point Lego, i wonder if good old mega will get some trophies in the game.... I wanna see dr. light with that rediculous santa claus beard

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
More Copy Grab Updates Sakurai Style!!!

Pikachu Copy Grab: Thunder Beam.

Screenshot 1: Megaman firing 3 bolts going up, down, and straight ahead at Snake *ZAP! ZAPZAPZAP!!*

Thunder Beam fires 3 electric bolts in 3 directions. It also has the uncanny ability to pass through walls and objects so your enemies can run but they can't hide. The best thing for your opponents to do is use someone else as a shield.

Luigi Copy Grab: Atomic Fire.

Atomic Fire acts similar to the Super Scope. By tapping B rapidly you'll fire small balls of fire at your opponent. Charge it up and it's a hole different story.

Screenshot 2: Megaman firing a fully charged shot at Luigi *Not a good idea to stand there Luigi...*

But weapons this powerful come with their own Acchealies heal. If you hold the B button for too long...

Screenshot 3: Megaman explodes and goes flying in the air *You'll go flying out of the stage!*

Jigglypuff Copy Grab: Hard Knuckle

Hard Knuckle is like having your very own long distance punch. Press B to fire a fist foward. It has excellent Reach and does a decent amount of damage.

Screenshot 4: Megaman firing his fist at Wario *You can also raise and lower the fist with the control stick*

Just be careful as this leaves Megaman open to attack.
Huh, I never thought of linking the classic robot masters' powers to the Brawl cast...brilliant! How about I add a few:

Snake Copy Grab: Napalm Bomb (MM5)
Ike Copy Grab: Flame Sword (MM8)
Ice Climbers Copy Grab: Ice Slasher (MM1)
Bowser Copy Grab: Wave Burner (R& F)
Donkey Kong Copy Grab: Super Arm (MM1)

Santa clause and Einstein XD

mm4BRAWL
Bob and George FTW!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Huh, I never thought of linking the classic robot masters' powers to the Brawl cast...brilliant! How about I add a few:

Snake Copy Grab: Napalm Bomb (MM5)
Ike Copy Grab: Flame Sword (MM8)
Ice Climbers Copy Grab: Ice Slasher (MM1)
Bowser Copy Grab: Wave Burner (R& F)
Donkey Kong Copy Grab: Super Arm (MM1)

Bob and George FTW!
Yhea that is a ver interesting concept and... whats that behind you? *Yoink*

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.

More Sakurai Style Copy Grab updates.

Ness Copy Grab: Magnet Missle

Screenshot 1: Megaman fires a magnet and we see Ness in the air *A Magnet attack seems strange...*

Screenshot 2: The magnet changes direction and goes straight up where Ness is. *It's...It's changing directions!*

Magnet Missles when fired you see, will change direction at a 90 degree angle when an enemy is paralell to the attack. But once it changes direction once it can't change again.

C.Falcon Copy Grab: Scorch Wheel

Scorch Wheel is very self explanitory. Megaman fires a wheel of flame foward. I guess this attack is based on Falcon's quick speed and power at racing.

Screenshot 3: Megaman fires a scorch wheel at Zelda *Rest assured it goes fast...*

Zelda Copy Grab: Leaf Shield

Screenshot 4: We see Mario shoot his fireball at Megaman *Incoming projectile!*

Screenshot 5: Megaman uses leaf shield *Whew! That was close.*

Leaf Shield will nullify enemy attacks and do some damage on nearby enemies. It only lasts for a split second so it's best to use it at the right moments!

Top Bottom