• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

MDupont

Smash Cadet
I acutally think Megaman is a nice choice. I can picture his 3D model being the original Mega Man though as it would be much more suiting for the game. I understand Mega Man has a other weapons, but why not have one of his special moves be that he can change colors?

For example, for each color he changes into, an new array of attacks are available to him. He changes colors in the game he is in anyway, so I think it could be a great feature.

EDIT: Check out my sig!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
No cuz, I was talkin bout da maker of Legends wanted to bring back da whole Legends series if Capcom would have em do so. It's right here. I showed it to some peoples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaman_Legends
yeah i been knowing about that but Inafune said he needs $15 million to make a Legends 3, good luck getting that seeing as the series isnt popular enough.

But Capcom announced a mega man legends cell phone game today at TGS

atomic-fire.com i lol'd when i read it...:laugh:

I acutally think Megaman is a nice choice. I can picture his 3D model being the original Mega Man though as it would be much more suiting for the game.
This post is full of win!

EDIT: 300th page FTW!!!

0rion

Smash Journeyman
yeah i been knowing about that but Inafune said he needs $15 million to make a Legends 3, good luck getting that seeing as the series isnt popular enough.

But Capcom announced a mega man legends cell phone game today at TGS

atomic-fire.com i lol'd when i read it...:laugh:
Dammmmmmmmmmmmit!!!! Legends Megaman does not deserve that kind of burn! A cell phone game......this sucks!!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I noticed this on the snake update.
Couple them with these different worlds, and it will clear a path to new horizons.
that most likely means there's more 3rd parties. you know what that means!!!
GO BLUE BOMBER, GO!

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Here is an update I made for Megaman.

WARNING! 3RD PARTY CHARACTER APPROACHING!!!

Megaman.

Dr.Light's prized creation Megaman teleports into battle! He comes equipped with the Megabuster and the Copy Grab ability.

These abilities will make Megaman one of the more diverse characters with many powers and weapons at his disposal. If mastered Megaman could be unbeatable!

Screenshot 1: Megaman and Samus aiming their arm cannons.

Screenshot 2: Megaman slide kicking Snake.

Screenshot 3: Megaman copy grabbing Diddy Kong

Screenshot 4: Megaman in his fighting stance.

Then we have.

Megaman: Special Moves

Megaman has a diverse amount of special attacks that if used properly can make Megaman quite a formidable foe.

Standard Special Move: Mega Buster.

Screenshot 1: Megaman firing small bullets *Tap repeatedly to rapid fire.....*

Screenshot 2: Megaman firing a charged shot at Wario *Or hold it to fire a powerful blast!*

The Mega Buster is pretty much the core of Megaman's moves but using another technique can change the attack.

Side Special Move: Copy Grab

The Copy Grab is perhaps one of Megaman's best moves. It allows Megaman to acquire data from his opponent to use new attacks.

Screen shot 3: Megaman copy grabbing Samus *Hey! Let go!*

When copy grabbing you can press A rapidly to punch your opponent senseless or B to scan your opponent for new powers. The color change means it worked.

Screenshot 4: Megaman using Crash Bomb: *Get equipped with Crash Bomb!*

Mario Copy Grab: Fire Storm

Screenshot 5: Megaman using fire storm: *FWOOSH!!!*

Fire Storm let's Megaman fire a fire blast foward. At the same time a little shield circles Megaman giving him a split second of protection from close combat. It's not much but be thankful for what you have.

Samus Copy Grab: Crash Bomb

Screenshot 6: Megaman firing a crash bomb and it sticks to the wall in Castle Seige *It sticks to walls AND floors!

Crash bomb fires a bomb that will stick to walls and floors. It can be picked up but be careful! Get rid of it before it explodes!

Screenshot 7: Megaman going flying after being hit by his own Crash Bomb. *BAM! See. I told you.*

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Alright so other then copy moves what non-copy moves could he use, like his Proto's shield?

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Well my B Up for Megaman is Mega Upper. Which is pretty much a Dragon Punch.

My B down for him is Slide Kick where he'll do his slide from Megaman 3.

Final Smash could either be Sakugarne, Astro Crush, Time Slow, Time Stopper, Rush Adapter, or Rain Flush.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I always liked it... cant remember about you guys though and Blue bomber is neutral on most things XD

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
Honestly for me there's a 75% chance that he could be a 3rd party character. If he is, they would probably have the original megaman in. Since the popular arcade fighter Marvel vs Capcom, he's proven to hold his own when it comes to hand to hand combat(not to mention his final smash could be like giga bowser's)

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
If a copy ability is made it should be different from Kirby's. This way it can be unique and interesting.

See when Kirby copies an enemy he gets a B attack.

But when Megaman copies an enemy he should get a robot master weapon.

Here is my list.

Mario: Fire Storm
Donkey Kong: Super Arm
Link: Quick Boomerang
Samus: Crash Bomb
Yoshi: Bubble Lead (Eggroll attack)
Kirby: Air Shooter
Fox: Gemini Laser
Pikachu: Thunder Beam
Ness: Magnet Missle (PSI Magnet)
Jigglypuff: Hard Knuckle (Pound)
C.Falcon: Scorch Wheel
Luigi: Atomic Fire
Peach: Mirror Buster (Toad)
Zelda: Leaf Shield (Nayru's Love)
Bowser: Top Spin (Whirling Fortress)
Ice Climbers: Ice Slasher
Falco: (Assuming a new moveset with bombs) Flash Bomb
Ganondorf: Black Hole
Mewtwo: Gravity Hold
Marth: Knight Chain
Game and Watch: Rush Coil (One time use)
Zero Suit Samus: Wire Adaptor
Ike: Flame Sword
Metaknight: Tengu Blade
Wario: Napalm Bomb
Pit: Super Arrow
Snake: Homing Sniper
Charizard: Wave Burner
Squirtle: Water Wave
Ivysaur: Plant Barrier
Diddy Kong: Wild Coil
Sonic: Metal Blade
Ridley: Slash Claw (Assuming he is in)
K.Rool: Gyro Copter (Assuming he is in and has his rotor pack from DKC3)

Sinn

Smash Lord
If a copy ability is made it should be different from Kirby's. This way it can be unique and interesting.

Here is my list.

This list is made of 150% more win than other leading brands. You put a lot of thought into this, didn't you? Awesome job <3

Heh, I loved Super Arrow...I used it to pwn Wily's second to last form in V. And of course Beat pwned the final.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Stryks, you are mad nasty at making character sigs. X is a sick version of Megaman, he's cool and pretty classic. I wonder if you'd like to help a brother out and hook someone up with a custom sig? (i.e. me)

It's kind of a complicated idea, but I would love you forever if you pulled this out for me.
Think about it, and then PM me with a "yay" or "nay". I'll PM you back the idea if you're willing.
Thanks man.

Megaman 4 Brawl

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

Here is my list.

Very well thought out and executed nicely. Thumbs up from me

Couldnt find a decent Original MM so I put x, either way im happy as long as megaman makes it in, in either original or X form...
YES! i was waitin on this! thanx Stryks:chuckle:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Nice sigs Stryk's you still got it in ya!

And has anyone got an idea for a Mega man related item i could make in My Sims?

Toad man 4 t3h brawl!

Toad man: *Already dead*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Make Beat!

Or that little guy who walks around and has items in his head (I always forget his name. bluebomber you know who I'm talking about.)
Eddy...or something along those lines I think

Edit: Eddie

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Moar Copy Grab updates Sakurai Style!

Megaman: Special Moves

Donkey Kong Copy Grab: Super Arm

Screenshot 1: Megaman picking up a huge Mario Brick Block with DK and Mario to his left and right respectively *Talk about heavy lifting!*

Super Arm enables Megaman to lift up heavy blocks and move them with ease. Press B to manifest a block then A to throw the block. Sometimes the blocks may have items inside! Also bear in mind that this leaves Megaman wide open to attack.

Screenshot 2: Mario punching Megaman and he drops the block *Hey! Cut that out!*

Link Copy Grab: Quick Boomerang.

Screenshot 3: Megaman shoots a single boomerang *Tap B to fire a boomerang....*

Screenshot 4: Megaman firing 3 boomerangs at different arcs *Or hold B for rapid fire!*

Each boomerang does only a very tiny bit of damage but the rapid fire sure allows for multiple attacks. That sounds fair enough right?

Fox Copy Grab: Gemini Laser

Gemini Laser is unique that it can bounce off surfaces such as walls, floors, and ceilings. A great way to surprise attack your opponent. It also bounces off other opponents and enemies.

Screenshot 5: Megaman firing the laser and it hits fox, then Yoshi, and is headed for Pikachu, the opponents are positioned just right so it hits them at each angle. *PING-PING-PING!*

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
for some reason i think we're gonna get another 3rd party character real soon....hopefully mm. maybe i have this feeling cuz snake got his update

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see the classic MegaMan...

Hm... I'm trying to think of amusing ways for him to acquire or use different powers.

I've suggest before that his 'B' move be the standard chargable Mega-Buster (the difference between this and Samus's 'B' move being that MegaMan's buster discharges the moment you let go of the B Button, instead of requiring a second button press.)

Now here's an idea. Have his 'Side B' be a kind of roulette between about 10-20 different Robot Master weapons. Hard Knuckle, Metal Blade, Magnet Missile, etc.

Or, as a more amusing and more appropriate style, when MegaMan KOs someone, his Side B changes into a shot themed to that character, such as an Energy Arrow when he does Link, a Napalm Cannon when he beats Bowser, an Air Shot when he KOs Kirby, a Bubble Blaster when he KOs Squirtle, a Grenade Launcher when he KOs Snake, a Kong Knuckle for DK, etc.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Now here's an idea. Have his 'Side B' be a kind of roulette between about 10-20 different Robot Master weapons. Hard Knuckle, Metal Blade, Magnet Missile, etc.
No to this, i hate the idea of getting a random move

Or, as a more amusing and more appropriate style, when MegaMan KOs someone, his Side B changes into a shot themed to that character, such as an Energy Arrow when he does Link, a Napalm Cannon when he beats Bowser, an Air Shot when he KOs Kirby, a Bubble Blaster when he KOs Squirtle, a Grenade Launcher when he KOs Snake, a Kong Knuckle for DK, etc.
This sounds a lot better. a lot of people like this idea too;)

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
No to this, i hate the idea of getting a random move

This sounds a lot better. a lot of people like this idea too;)
The random move was just an original concept I had before I later came up with the 'acquiring a move.'

Specifically, though, to really base it on MegaMan, he'd only acquire the move after KOing someone ;) Before that, it would be something else, such as one of his alternate weapons or abilities.

While the idea of matching characters to the Robot Masters is nice and all, I think it would be more amusing for each character to have a power made up in a kind of send up/tribute/parody of the MegaMan series, with a "You Got LCD Shot!" or "You Got Kong Buster!" or "You Got Flatulance Flinger."

They could even sneak in a few surprises and have some special weapons that only appear in Adventure Mode when you kill specific enemies.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
The random move was just an original concept I had before I later came up with the 'acquiring a move.'

Specifically, though, to really base it on MegaMan, he'd only acquire the move after KOing someone ;) Before that, it would be something else, such as one of his alternate weapons or abilities.

While the idea of matching characters to the Robot Masters is nice and all, I think it would be more amusing for each character to have a power made up in a kind of send up/tribute/parody of the MegaMan series, with a "You Got LCD Shot!" or "You Got Kong Buster!" or "You Got Flatulance Flinger."

They could even sneak in a few surprises and have some special weapons that only appear in Adventure Mode when you kill specific enemies.
were definately on the same page. and i like your idea of new custom powers, Flatulance flinger lol

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
were definately on the same page. and i like your idea of new custom powers, Flatulance flinger lol
Ay.

Also, while some powers seem appropriate (like having Gemini Beam or Chill Shot for Ice Climbers), it seems even better (and more amusing) to see a Grenade Launcher come off of Snake, a Peanut Popper from Diddy, Energy Arrows from Pit, etc. And in the case that a character didn't have a projectile power (such as Donkey Kong) then a new themed ability, such as "Kong Buster" or "Kong Knuckle" would be amusing.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
i like both ideas: the custom brawl ones, and the retro robot master ones

someone help me decide which is better!
*thinks about it a little more*

Hrmmm.... HMMMM...

I once mentioned a similar idea for the Nintendo character "Hakkun" from the game "Sutte Hakkun"

In his game, Hakkun has the ability to suck the liquid out of something and change his shape. For Brawl, he'd be similar to Kirby, except he'd instead copy someone's color scheme and their smash moves, retaining his own special moves that would allow him to, among other abilities, dispell the abilities he'd absorbed.

Hmm....

A thought occurs.

I believe it would be best to use custom made weaponry for each character, but hint at previous weapons. That way the Sora Games design team can make sure that no one weapon MegaMan gets makes him TOO powerful, or gives him an advantage over a particular character every time he fights them.

i.e., similar to Kirby's in that whatever MegaMan copies from his downed enemy is no more or less powerful than that weapon's equivalent on the enemy. (For example, a "Falcon Buster" could be no more powerful than the "Falcon Punch", similarly "Flame Bouncer" would be at the same power level as Mario's "Fireball")

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I believe it would be best to use custom made weaponry for each character, but hint at previous weapons. That way the Sora Games design team can make sure that no one weapon MegaMan gets makes him TOO powerful, or gives him an advantage over a particular character every time he fights them.

i.e., similar to Kirby's in that whatever MegaMan copies from his downed enemy is no more or less powerful than that weapon's equivalent on the enemy. (For example, a "Falcon Buster" could be no more powerful than the "Falcon Punch", similarly "Flame Bouncer" would be at the same power level as Mario's "Fireball")
i like this idea too because it makes sure mega is not too powerful or too weak.

would you dissapointed if he didnt have his copy ability? Cuz in MvC he didnt have it but he still had a good moveset in my opinion. I think they left it out because there were too many characters to make moves for.

i could see this being a problem in brawl too. having to animate and progam an extra 30+ moves seems like a lot of work

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
i like this idea too because it makes sure mega is not too powerful or too weak.

would you dissapointed if he didnt have his copy ability? Cuz in MvC he didnt have it but he still had a good moveset in my opinion. I think they left it out because there were too many characters to make moves for.

i could see this being a problem in brawl too. having to animate and progam an extra 30+ moves seems like a lot of work
While I'd be slightly disappointed, I'd accept it.

HOWEVER... it's not a problem to do, really. They could make MegaMan have the same gesture for each shot fired, just change his color scheme while he fires, and the speed/effect of the projectile.

The really could just use info they already have, and just play with it all a bit to make it into a shot he sends out. No need for MegaMan to do a Kirby and repose. (BTW, Kirby's ability actually doesn't need new animation. He's literally reading his data straight out of the moveset data for whoever he's copied ^_^)

Top Bottom