• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Maryland Player Finder -.-

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Plainrikk, I live in Waldorf MD. As of now, where I am, I am at Frostburg University in Frostburg MD, like an hour maybe.. not sure from WVA. Everyone else in my crew is still in Waldorf though.

Dunno KoRn, I personally haven't seen to many people get out of Marth CGs, and Zeros hadn't experienced anything like that before. I told him to watch out for it, but he's stubborn and didn't listen. I saw it in videos and found it pretty lethal. I know falco still has his advantages over marth, mainly because of SHL, but it's still a risky fight for Falco. Short recover and tips from marth plus marths ledgeguarding capability I think is pretty detrimental for Falco, more so than fox. The only falco that I have heard that gets out of it pretty easily was PC Chris... I think, and you have to do something like, DI straight up as soon as you're thrown.. or something. It's just Falco falls a bit slower, making it easier for Marth to CG Falco.

Like, what I've seen was marth start chaingrabbing Fox at 0% and fox gets out somewhere between 20-30 (usually) while I've seen falcos get chaingrabbed from 0-50/60 then tipped by forward smash, which usually spells death for Falco. Right now, he is stressing the fact that he can not afford to get grabbed by marth, he views it as an automatic death. Though, either character can pull the win if played right, for example, your win over him during the finals and his over you during the crew matches. Like what Bowsertree said, he wasn't trying to give you the opportunity to grab him, he just watched his spacing and such.

Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth are so close, that one mistake is easily the others gain. So I guess I see it as, if played right, it doesn't matter. I have no problem with CGs, if you gotta do it, then do it, a win is a win. He has to get over his problems with marth or find a way around them.

Chao - I won't make it to CCX, unless someone will come up here and get me. IF someone is willing to do that i'll... i'll... well I don't know what I'd do for that person but I'd be really greatfull. Or atleast come get me and take me home so I can get my car and drive up there.
But then they'd have to drop me back off at campus.... I go on winter break December 15th and can make tournaments between then and January 31st. I'd Money match you otherwise sure. Win or loose, I want some constructive critism, and I'll do the same for you. I'll definitely try to make the smashfests near Baltimore, and CCX tournaments. I'll try to get everyone in the crew together too.

KoRn, yea A Falco vs Marth match sounds good, I'll do the same, Ill play falco and fight your marth. Then the 2/3 mathces MLG style sounds good.

Btw man, that challenge you made to hova was just odd.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Kc- I just realized how much I apreciate your outlook on this game. It's confident not cocky, and even though you're confident you admit your need and ability to improve through the ranks.

Good ****.
Thanks alot, I have my father to thank for that, greatest man alive in my eyes.

DOSV, I'll 11/21 you!, I learn fast too, just not as fast as you though, I'd have to change play styles or something every couple of matches. FOX VS SAMUS... not all FD man... I atleast need some platform stages here and there lol.

5% Tax, I'll MM you, if I get the chance to meet you, should be fun.

AAAAAAaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnddddd... sorry ahead of time for the double post...

Frozen

Smash Lord
Wow...I really can't keep up with this thread...let's see here...

DOSV- Hell yeah i'll do best 11/20, let's step it up to 15 or 20 bucks though...you seem real confident.

5%- I forget what you said, but yeah i'll MM you, ya cocky little fella <3

Nightmare- I've lost 2 MM's before...what I was saying is i've never came out negative, I more than make up for it with more MM's.

Kirbstir- You took me out at the nod3 tourney, in the 8-12'th place bracket.

MM me fellas

<3

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Frozen- Good Luck!

Kc- your crew is named "black rain" right?

I just need to say a few things, about the fest in baltimore!

C Mart- I really apreciate your compliment. I regret you don't play fox, because that victory doesn't mean **** to me, but still, I think i'm definately still doing many scrubby things such as I roll WAYY to much, and I can't secure kills at higher percentages. But yeah, that really means a lot. (He really just said something like ":**** nightmare, you got better and stopped doing so much scrubby stuff" and that was a really nice compliment! =P)

Hova- **** son, no one else but you ever gets on me about rolling. But you're 100% right, i mean, you said that, and then I saw it... I roll SOOOOOO PREDICTABLEY! It's like... If ANYONE gets even remotely close, and I cant throw in a grab, I roll. It's a REALLY bad habbit, and that'll be me punished hard! Thanks man, i REALLY need to work on THAT! ANd wtf, stop getting better so fast, I'm all trying to catch up and learn to use space animals and you're already ****** WITH space animals. Lol, I'm sure as HELL going to try to catch up, though, hell yeah I will.

Ron- AHA! I won dat Pizzas!! BOO YAH! Also... OHH YEAHHH!!! <3

Dosv- What the hell, stop being amazing. You're too ****ing good. But honestly, if I were you, I'd pick up a secondary. Your samus is AMAZING, but your other guys really are like... well.. My other guys. They're not that great, that's your only weakness.

Nikk- You continue to improve, the more we fest, the more i regret not getting to sit down and show you some ****. Practice them throw combos I showed you, try to start vs Falco, then try to do it to Fox. The CHainthrow CAN BE ESCAPED with relative ease, BUT it can ALSO be EXTREMELY devistating to your opponent game if they're not realllly good. All you need to do is upthrow and turn your body (as Marth) on Falco until 30 % But once they get up around 30% make sure to dash grab to get to them, if you see them DIng far an away, and you think it's within F smash range, go for the f smash. Once they get to 60 though, you're almost DEFINATELY going to want to throwing F smashes, If they don't DI though, throw out some Up tilt.

And learn to jump/Wave dash outta shine, also!

I see a lot of potential in your Link game, however I'd master some one else, first, Link is sorta bad =P

Everyone else I played- Very good **** from everyone, Glad I won some money this time, doubt I'll keep getting lucky and coming out in profit, though. =P

chinesahh

Smash Lord
anywayyyyyyyyyyyy

i finally updated the first page with players and such

i wanna get to know these newer smashers. contact me by PM or by aim (koreankid489) and most likely ill fit you in my busy schedule of schedules to play.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Yea, Black Rain is the name we came up with. That or the Syndicate, one of those, but we like Black Rain better, it's like.. all mysterious <_<

Chin, Rocky changed his name to "Puzzle" and he lives in Silver Springs MD.

Black Tyranno

Smash Journeyman
Frozenchaos - I don't wanna MM you since Sheik is my second worst match up. My goal isn't to beat you, I just wanna learn what works against Sheik.

K.C. Cloud - Yea we can do 11/21 too. When do you plan to go to another fest/tourney?

Nightmare - You're absolutely right. My Fox is most likely my second best and he's only like half of what my Samus is in terms of skill.

Frozen

Smash Lord
Frozenchaos - I don't wanna MM you since Sheik is my second worst match up. My goal isn't to beat you, I just wanna learn what works against Sheik.
My bad man, I was tired last night, I mistook you for Hova....but yeah sure i'll play 11/20 with you if you want...btw i don't ONLY play sheik :)

<3

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Chao, you play w/ doc? If you are talking about CCX though, there is like a .1% chance of me making it.

FOB

Smash Ace
Younger than 5%? And is that why u cant handle puff...cause ur young?...cant handle the WoP >_>

Stupid age restraints.... and lung development.

lol I <3 puff. He makes me happy when he goes flying away off the top of the screen.

SATISFACTION!

but... when I get pounded.. and kicked... and knocked off the screen... its death...
0% kills aren't nice.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
i love you guys

but i will unfortunately not be attending ccx

OH BTW

for fun, me, kaiser, hova, and plairnkk will crew mm anyone. if you can beat us, i will post in my sig/the first page of this thread that you beat us. (you'll also get the $$$)

but for TA purposes, i cant/wont accept a challenge from TA.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Good luck finding a whole crew in VA/MD not in TA then, chin. >_> Your choices are TNR, Team Ben, or Black Rain lol.

hova

Smash Champion
travis u need to come to ccx and eat sushi son

or at least come over friday night for pizza, smash and various other activities

Nurok

Smash Lord
hey nightmare u got room for one more person?
i think maybe i can come.... CUZ ITS A FOUR DAY WEEKEND WOOO!O!!! PARTY ON !

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Nightmare, drive 2 hours to come get me... from college <_<

If you do, I have t3h s3xxorz with yo couch!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Hey Frozen is there a fest in Catonsville this Saturday? That'd be so convenient for me since I can't go to CCX. >_>

Top Bottom