• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Maryland Player Finder -.-

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Chinesah is terrible in MM's, and i encourage all to MM his noobness........u should even give him 2 to 1 odds vs his worst char, DK.

Frozen

Smash Lord
Seriously, i'll MM any of you but zero...he's the only person i've ever played that can consistently beat me. Chinessah, sure i'll MM you...if you actually come to one of our **** fests.

I don't get enough respect around here = /

cmart

Smash Lord
And Cmart.. your sig scares me. It looks like wrath all bloodied up from Full Metal Alchemist and is about to say "Give me your body.."
I'll take that as a compliment. It's from Tokyo Akazukin, a demented manga retelling of little red riding hood. Seriously disturbing stuff.

5%tax

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, i'll MM any of you but zero...he's the only person i've ever played that can consistently beat me. Chinessah, sure i'll MM you...if you actually come to one of our **** fests.

dude i'm serious, you will regret MMing Chin, he is amazing, MM me first, and if you can 3 stock me, then you can consider MMing Chin. and especialy dont MM his DK, its mean, mean in all kind of ways.

edit: let me explain to you the full potential of his greatness. Me and NKK went doulbles in a MM against him, and by doubles i mean me and NKK on a team VS just Chin, and we almost lost. We only won because of the magic of the infinite grab.

Frozen

Smash Lord
Hmm...short 13 y/o you say?...were you by any chance taken out first round at the nod3 tourney? Do you play Samus...I played someone who met that description at nod3 a couple months back.

hova

Smash Champion
you should try earning some

dude i'm serious, you will regret MMing Chin, he is amazing, MM me first, and if you can 3 stock me, then you can consider MMing Chin. and especialy dont MM his DK, its mean, mean in all kind of ways.

edit: let me explain to you the full potential of his greatness. Me and NKK went doulbles in a MM against him, and by doubles i mean me and NKK on a team VS just Chin, and we almost lost. We only won because of the magic of the infinite grab.
ur my boy 5% but u shouldn't tell people to not money match chin, i'm pretty sure he's not really happy about it. i mean it's cool that u think so highly of him, but don't *** up his money.

if it wasn't for MMs chin might not be able to afford tournies, and tournies suck without the asian sensei. so just let him have his money matches

<3 5%

<3 Chinesahh

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
I'll take that as a compliment. It's from Tokyo Akazukin, a demented manga retelling of little red riding hood. Seriously disturbing stuff.
The story of little red riding hood scares me already.. thanks man.. gonna give me nightmares about a dimented 8 year old trying to get my head...

Where is my Cross?...

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
K.C. and crew are alright, but you definately need to be able to beat me and Vance... No offense, but Vance had been playing for 2 weeks at that fest, and if you can't get past ME, then you should NOT brag... just learn some before you talk toooo much.

Frozen- Dude, go ahead and play these money matches, but don't say I didn't warn you. I understand you and I just got back on good terms, but now you're being sorta scrubby, and I feel like you NEED to hear this.

You've NEVER beaten ME in a set... I DO NOT USE JIGGLYPUFF! Hell I hadn't even used FALCO before that day, I decided to practice with him because I know I needed to, and i HONESLTLY did not use F airs until the LAST STOCK OF THE LAST MATCH!

please, please, don't get yourself into all these MMs, or you're going to have a really bad experiance with EVERYONE ****** your **** and thinking you're a no good scrub.

DO NOT PUT YOURSELF INTO THAT POSITION! =(

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Bowsertree!!! Main C. Falcon!!
Fox and Peach for your counter characters.

It'd be like me, Fox as main
C. Falcon, Falco and Marth as counterpicks if my fox gets trumped.

I would pick up peach as another counter character... but I hate peach.. I hate her so much haha.

And Cmart.. your sig scares me. It looks like wrath all bloodied up from Full Metal Alchemist and is about to say "Give me your body.."
I am intrigued. Hmmm.

Jasona

Smash Ace
why am I the only one who plays as samus? likewise, why am I the only one who solos a character?
don't pick up a character because its great, pick up a character and make it great. you only need to be great with one char, being great with more is just overkill

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
KoRn, I never got to friendly you. EVER... I never got to have a 1 on 1

Though, Zeros showed what he had during the Crew battle, taking out 9 stock in one go...

I never got to 1 on 1 that Peach player either, though I wasn't to worried about him. Though he was really good for someone who had only been playing two weeks, he reminds me of my roommate here at college.

Did you teach him how to float cancel yet?

Either way, your comments were directed towards Zeros, who was nervous through the tournament. I even threw the match against him during the tournament, he didn't beat my fox with his falco, and hates fighting my fox now, but I gave him the win anyway since I really didn't care at that point. Best you saw of Zeros was during the crew battle, he's trying to find his answer for marth when playing his falco. He found somewhat of one during the crew battle, and his L-cancelling was on point (which he says is the reason he can't beat my fox often enough, because I rarely, if ever miss an L-cancel and he misses quite a few when he tries to get combo happy). That was zeros' peak at that time though, which I was happy he finally got over what he had. We should have done 1 on 1s at that point but we were more interested in the crew battle.

Next time though, I'll 1 on 1 you, then Zeros wants another shot as well more or less to redeem his loss and his poor performance during the 1 on 1s.

Fox vs Marth? Falco vs Falco? Marth vs Marth? Fox vs Fox? (If you play fox, I don't remember) I'm not gonna MM you, no point, besides you don't do well with that kind of pressure. I don't mind MMs but I am more of the "Friendlies" Type of guy. MMs sometimes cause controversy, I don't want controversy, just fun.

I don't think Ichor 1 on 1'd you either, and in the crew battle, Zeros shouldn't have beaten you THAT badly. All the talking threw you off I know, but still, he atleast, if he won, should not have made by with more than 1 life. You beat him in a set in the singles tournament, but then only took one stock during the crew battle, and he started with 3 lives to your 4. Though, like I said, the talking and the yelling of "pubes" (which was really random btw) threw you off your game, but at that time he was playing you like he would one of us. He was much more comfortable then than in the tournament. He has alot of trouble dealing with things when he's out of his confort zone, just at that point in time he was very much in it.

Like I said, I didn't get to 1 on 1 you, so I don't know how I'd fair against you, nor do you know how you'd fair against me. We'll have to see next time :p Though I remember constantly asking you for a friendly 1v1, but you were always busy doing something else, then later towards the night you like, dissapeared or I wasn't paying attention cause I thought you left.

And fighting Vance next time should prove to be fun, help me get over my Fox vs Peach Paranoia.

Though one of the first people on my list next time we gather together is DOSV, friendlies with him were awsome. Very much looking foward to fighting Hova (if I ever get the chance) and a Fox Ditto with Bowsertree.

hova

Smash Champion
why am I the only one who plays as samus? likewise, why am I the only one who solos a character?
don't pick up a character because its great, pick up a character and make it great. you only need to be great with one char, being great with more is just overkill
why do u say random erroneous things all the time??

dosv mains samus, as does fleur de lis ( but he's been in europe for a while and i don't know when he's coming back ).

a ****load of people only use one character in tourney, but having one main doesn't mean u should suck with others.

u should talk to more smashers or something man, get out of ur little world where u think ur the only samus player alive

peter pan, count chocula

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Also one more thing KoRn, I am more interested in fighting your marth at the fest than anyone elses marth, you said you did fairly well against Husbands marth because of your akward play style with him. I think that match would be the most fun for me.

Oh btw, G-reg, your avatar looks as though C.Falcon is about to punch people in the face.

Bowsertree, don't get any dimented ideas about peach man... <_<

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Jasona - DOSV, Cmart, me, on just this side of Maryland use Samus, DOSV is a hardcore Samus, but that doesn't mean he can't use other characters that interest him, same with Cmart. And I literally CANNOT stick with one character, just three is a huge stretch for me.

One of the things that makes SSBM fun for me is seeing exactly what I can accomplish with as many characters as possible, and by accomplish, I mean figure out how well I can perform against other opponents with characters I am not a hardcore user of. I really enjoy just using whichever character I feel like at the time, and I realize that's why I'm not so great, cause I just throw characters out that I don't know (Jigglypuff against K.C.'s Fox for example).

But the point is, you have your way of playing Smash, just like everyone else has their own way. >_>

Bowsertree, don't get any dimented ideas about peach man... <_<
>_>

Doll

Smash Journeyman
>_>;; Use peach! :[ Anyone wanna mm me? Any amount, cept for people who can beat me. XD If i had never play ya before, please try~ 1$/2$?/3$? O_o;

5%tax

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i solo sheik, and i find this post offensive.:mad:
added: hova, the reason i dont want frozen to not MM chin is that if frozen doesn't waste his money on chin, that means more money for 5%. and more money for me makes me a happy boy!

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Kc- You hadn't struck me as the type to make claims of fame, and I'll gladly play you whenever we're at the same place. But here are a nifty few facts.

I don't really use Pikachu, unless it's against fox... Pikachu is low tier, when I use him I'm just messing around, i decided to do this in the "finals" because I wanted to see how zeros was.

The ONLY character I used that day who I actually am decent with, is Marth, and I did three stock zeros in the end of the tournament using him =\ I don't use Falco, Falcon, Jigglypuff, Shiek, Link (I used to tho!), or like... Anyone else i might have pulled at random, so don't think that any matches using them says much. Also, before evryone yelled pubes, I took the first stock, and it was 2 to four... I am pretty sure I had a decently high amount of damage, but I doubt I'd have lost TOO many stock in that crew battle were it not for my dumb *** STARTING off the screaming of pubes, and furby... =\

But, you really shouldn't be saying you're one of Maryland's best if you can't beat me and Vance on a team. Vance doesn't use wave dash, L cancel, doesn't know how to float cancel, or even float, doesn't know how to chain throw, hasn't EVER been to a tournament and actually, IDK if he knows how to fast fall... I'm just saying, it's really not a great idea for you to say stuff like that

ACTUALLY IDK WHAT EXACTLY YOU HAD SAID! But people here posted about it... And you guys did sorta come in like, we'll beat you all despite not being to a tourney! Still, you're all mad chill, and once you actually go to a tourney you'll see what real competition is like...

BTW, I suck compared to everyone whose posted here who you haven't met. Honestly.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Me and Ichor don't really play together on teams, so it was akward for us.

He moves completely different than how Zeros and I move when we play teams, but Zeros hates team matches. I personally didn't have any problems, until I got hit in the back of the head with a turnip then d-smashed by peach into a tip and couldn't do much about it.

Though seriously you guys should have fought me and Zeros, or Ichor and Sage, they work much better than me and Ichor could ever do. We don't have the chemistry for teamwork.

Though like zeros, I do better in 1 on 1s when it's just me and my opponent. You can say I am confident in my abilities, and want to attend more tournaments, just haven't really been able to, which sucks.

You're chill too, though I'd like to fight some of the best in MD, I believe I can beat them, and know they are really good.

Yet, you know team matches don't assess personal skill, rather the skill of two people working together... me and ichor suck when working together, we're both to aggressive to work together and more or less forget about the other person. Zeros isn't as aggressive and is more tactical so me and him work well together, same with Ichor and Sage.

Though, I'll take any challenge, I'm a confident individual, was raised that way. I'm always putting myself out there, if you don't put yourself out there, how will anyone notice you? Even if I'm proven wrong, I ask for feedback on how I can improve, so the next time I can assuredly secure a spot in whatever I do. That's just my personality, I really can't help it. I'm not looking for fame, but rather to prove a point, there are many people who can reach high or are capable of competing on a high level. Just not everyone has had the chance to.

Ken could walk up to me right now and challenge me to a match, I would accept and aim to beat him, cause I know I have the capability to, not garunteed to beat him by any means though.

Though like I said, I didn't have many problems with vance, but expect he'll be better next time.

I would do 1 on 1 and FFAs all day, I've had some bad team match experiences with people other than Zeros, and Zeros doesn't like team matches. So I don't have alot of experience with team matches.

You probably noticed my personality as assertive as I was the one challenging people to matches. Were they fun yea? I'm just that type of guy though.

Time I came out with the truth though, Zeros went to MLG NY and made it to the 5th round ... or something. He two stocked Tope's Sheik, but then got OWNED by Topes Marth (Is sheik Tope's main?). He was off up there too, but his biggest weakness is Marth, since Falco has a hard time getting out of Marths CG. He got Knocked out of the tournament by a second marth player 2 rounds later in the loosers bracket. Considering that was his first tournament, and never met a marth who chaingrabbed like that, that was pretty good. Ever since that BSvKen thing, people seem to counterpick Falco users with Marth. He kept me updated throughout the tournament and was bummed he lost to marth, or atleast that's my observation. I picked up marth solely to use that combo on him so he could find a way out of it. Though while practicing with marth, I found out I liked him alot so I kept using him, (Been using him for about 3 weeks now.) Since I'm at college now though, I can't practice against him to help him out. Though, the only people he had problems with at the tournament were the two marth players. He also couldn't figure out why certain things seemed different while he played, and we didn't find out there was a slightly different version of SSBM until we went to the smash fest. So that threw him off somewhat too, that and the Screens were high def, where King showed what happened with high def tvs and the game where he used pokeballs until he got clefairy (spelling?) and it did that little explosion of the ground thing for like 5 seconds and the screen was weird when it happened according to him.
People really liked His playing skills though, and recomended he keep going to tournaments, because he would get used to certain things after a few more tournaments. Not putting this out there just to put it out there, be we did realize that we need more tournament experience from what Zeros went through at MLG. We just have problems getting to tournaments.. which really sucks.

Though he IS the only person who has been to a tourney from our crew. I myself, have played a few people at my college that have been to tournaments, only two went to MLG ones though.

Quick question though, Is tope Semi-Pro?

And you said furby? Like the duck looking thing they had out when I was like... 8 or something... I hated those things.

Frozen

Smash Lord
why do u say random erroneous things all the time??

dosv mains samus, as does fleur de lis ( but he's been in europe for a while and i don't know when he's coming back ).

a ****load of people only use one character in tourney, but having one main doesn't mean u should suck with others.

u should talk to more smashers or something man, get out of ur little world where u think ur the only samus player alive

peter pan, count chocula
Okay good, Hova isn't only a **** to me.

Look i've never come out of money matches with lost money...ever, and for the record I don't just main sheik, i'm aware chin is a good player...he's not the kind of guy i'd put 20 bucks on but I wouldn't mind some friendly matches with him...if I lose I lose, i'll still most likely have profits from you other "scrubs" :)

<3

5%tax

Smash Journeyman

Look i've never come out of money matches with lost money...ever, and for the record I don't just main sheik, i'm aware chin is a good player...he's not the kind of guy i'd put 20 bucks on but I wouldn't mind some friendly matches with him...if I lose I lose, i'll still most likely have profits from you other "scrubs" :)

<3
how about we make our little wager 20$
if u win u get 20$, and u will win cause i'm only 13, and i suck.:p
and when u say that u have never come out of a MM without money, who exactly is it that u have MMed?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i want mm's with everyone who has a post on this page. :D

K.C. where do you live?

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion

<3
What the hell are you talking about

I won a dollar from you last weekend.

YOU TELL T3H LIEZORS!

But you know what? Go ahead and MM people, it'll be good experience for you, hell I'll MM you again to, another buck. =)

KC- I like using Falco against Marth... I always thought Falco did well, I'm just not good as falco. Everyone tells me I'm wrong, but I do it sometimes, and I win. IDK, It's just that Falcos give me trouble AS Marth, because it's hard to land a grab against a skilled falco, and a skilled falco will get out of the chain grab very fast... IDK about that, everyone's still gunna say Marth ***** Falco, but I don't think so at all. Chances are everyone else is right, but I still won't like playing against falco.

Oh well, it's all good. We'll play again, still... Vance and I... NEVER, worked together.

Ever, before that day.

Me and hand(my usual team partner) had, however, lost to Vance and Justin (Justin is my random freind) I used Pikachu and hand used Game and Watch and we got D smashed till dawn rolled around.

X_x

5%- Rematch, no Shiek, not Marth. 3/5 for however much i lost last time!

Kirbstir- MM, Kirby vs anyone I chose, because I'm bad and need a handicap. You can, however, counterpick colors. (White kirby ***** Falco... Blue ***** Fox, Red ***** Marth...) one buckarooni

KC- Your Marth vs My Falco, for the hell of it. THEN a standard 2/3 MM counterpciks MLG style.

Plairnk- MM, your Pichu vs my Sheik! un dollor! 2/3

Aero- Your jigs vs my Marth >.> one dollar? 2/3

Hova- Mario tennis Pikmin 2 match. If I win, you play pikmin two with me, and I get to use Olimar, you have to use Louie.

DOSV- If you play 11/21, You win, because you learn how they play, and **** them in the brain, least you do to me. SOOO I declare we need a 2/3 steal the title match. Whoever wins gets to try to steal the title from Ron!

Vance- I need to teach you how to float cancel, wave dash, Fast fall... Yeah that'd be good to know... hit down to fast fall... Umm... **** I need to teach you how to float in general... Yeah, we need to do some training and stuff.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm so confused about that matchup. Zeros Falco ****ed my Marth up on Battlefield. Then again I rely on chaingrabbing in that matchup, and Zeros was not letting me grab him.

FOB

Smash Ace
Though, I'll take any challenge, I'm a confident individual, was raised that way. I'm always putting myself out there, if you don't put yourself out there, how will anyone notice you? Even if I'm proven wrong, I ask for feedback on how I can improve, so the next time I can assuredly secure a spot in whatever I do. That's just my personality, I really can't help it. I'm not looking for fame, but rather to prove a point, there are many people who can reach high or are capable of competing on a high level. Just not everyone has had the chance to.
Ten bucks at CCX.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Plairnkk - Come to one of Baltimore's fests and I'll give you your $5 money match from like four or five pages back. >_>

5%tax - If we're ever in the same place I'll money match your Sheik.

5%tax

Smash Journeyman
Plairnkk - Come to one of Baltimore's fests and I'll give you your $5 money match from like four or five pages back. >_>

5%tax - If we're ever in the same place I'll money match your Sheik.
if u come to CCX, then u get to MM teh sheik, simple as that.

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Kc- I just realized how much I apreciate your outlook on this game. It's confident not cocky, and even though you're confident you admit your need and ability to improve through the ranks.

Good ****.

Top Bottom