• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kumatora for Brawl Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You'd at least remember Paula had PSI Magnet too. And saying Ness had NO other PSI moves AT ALL was also kinda... how do I put it without flaming... dense? yeah, it's dense. You didn't have to remember them, but at least you'd know that what you mentioned wasn't the ONLY usable PSI Ness had.
Ness was the best healer in the game though

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But it wouldn't do any damage.
Mewtwo's Teleport didn't do any either. Ness could've used items from the game like the Pencil Eraser (which I think is actually useless for the most part). That way, Paula could've been in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mewtwo's Teleport didn't do any either. Ness could've used items from the game like the Pencil Eraser (which I think is actually useless for the most part). That way, Paula could've been in.
However Ness' makes an explosion if it hits anything

vesperview

Smash Hero
Why take away from it though? it does damage, you can control it's direction, is a perfect move, and they probably wouldn't put the Pencil Eraser because in Japan is actually the Octopus Eraser because they were Octopus Statues and not pencils, to avoid any confusion for both America and Japan.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why take away from it though? it does damage you can control it's direction, is a perfect move, and they probably wouldn't put the Pencil Eraser because in Japan is actually the Octopus Eraser because they were Octopus Statues and not pencils, to avoid any confusion for both America and Japan.
The eraser thing was a joke.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eraser Eraser and Pencil Eraser is so much funnier

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Back to Ness using stolen PK moves, it's not like it's a dogma requiring all of Ness' Special Moves to be PK abilities. He could always use a mix of his own moves and some items.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why not back to Kumatora? (Since this is her thread) I would support her more to be in the game but Claus seems like the more obvious choice.
Why not have both. Claus helps the villain percentage and our princess helps the girl percentage and is perfect for the SSB Brigade.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I actually see it very hard to have more than two Mother 3 reps since the game isn't worldwide known and most people would be like WTF? Who are they? If Earthbound didn't get two reps in Melee and it is more popular due to the fact that more people have played it Mother 3 probably won't get more than 2 reps, anyway, she's like the Paula of Mother 3, most people wouldn't want her over Claus as most people wouldn't want Paula over Poo and although Claus does use PSI it's not his specialty unlike Kumatora, and since Lucas already stole moves from Duster it's most likely he'll steal them from her too, leaving Kumatora's chances very slim.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
QFT...

I really wish we could see both. Maybe even add Kumatora as a starter and Claus as hidden.
We might. After all, there is a whole lot more space then there was in Melee. Not to mention that our starting roster can potentially have up to 30 characters. In terms of Ms. Ore being a starter and Claus being hidden, it makes sense but who knows.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I actually see it very hard to have more than two Mother 3 reps since the game isn't worldwide known and most people would be like WTF? Who are they? If Earthbound didn't get two reps in Melee and it is more popular due to the fact that more people have played it Mother 3 probably won't get more than 2 reps, anyway, she's like the Paula of Mother 3, most people wouldn't want her over Claus as most people wouldn't want Paula over Poo and although Claus does use PSI it's not his specialty unlike Kumatora, and since Lucas already stole moves from Duster it's most likely he'll steal them from her too, leaving Kumatora's chances very slim.
I would want Paula over Poo...

And who knows, Sakurai LOVES Mother (He even did some work on it) so it *IS* possible.

And if a game wasn't released in America then it's unfair to consider it unpopular... it sold very well in Japan.

I'm *NOT* expecting all three though, just... hoping... *sigh*

vesperview

Smash Hero
I said it was unlikely... not impossible, the Mother series is more popular in Japan than everywhere else, Sakurai is probably aware of that and that's why he didn't have two characters in Melee, but no one can deny that Mother 3 is not as popular as Earthbound in America, cause probably only hardcore Mother fans know about it and most people probably found out about it through Lucas's appearance in Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People had the same WTF reaction with Marth and Roy and look where their series is now.

If Lucas were to steal PK from Kumatora, there's still a way for her to still have some. I don't know if that would mean she'd still make it but it's possible.

If Lucas were to have his PK moves be all Kumatora's with the exception of PK Love and some of his own, they could be PK Fire, Flash, Thunder, and Ground.

KT could still have moves that belong to her: PK Freeze, Magnet, Hypnosis, and Brainshock.

vesperview

Smash Hero
People had the same WTF reaction with Marth and Roy and look where their series is now.
The difference between the Marth and Roy thing is that NO ONE knew them before Melee in America, here you have EarthBound which people in America have actually played and remember against Mother 3 which unless you get a ROM and a translation walkthrough or go to Japan and buy your copy you probably will never play.

If Lucas were to steal PK from Kumatora, there's still a way for her to still have some. I don't know if that would mean she'd still make it but it's possible.

If Lucas were to have his PK moves be all Kumatora's with the exception of PK Love and some of his own, they could be PK Fire, Flash, Thunder, and Ground.

KT could still have moves that belong to her: PK Freeze, Magnet, Hypnosis, and Brainshock.
If Lucas stole her moves Kumatora would be left with Ness's Melee moves and then some, which would make her highly unoriginal, only PK Freeze would work since Brainshock confuses characters it couldn't be a fair move in Brawl as well as Paralysis, only Hypnosis would work but it would only put the enemy to sleep which is Jigglypuff's specialty.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
The difference between the Marth and Roy thing is that NO ONE knew them before Melee in America, here you have EarthBound which people in America have actually played and remember against Mother 3 which unless you get a ROM and a translation walkthrough or go to Japan and buy your copy you probably will never play.

If Lucas stole her moves Kumatora would be left with Ness's Melee moves and then some, which would make her highly unoriginal, only PK Freeze would work since Brainshock confuses characters it couldn't be a fair move in Brawl as well as Paralysis, only Hypnosis would work but it would only put the enemy to sleep which is Jigglypuff's specialty.
Why not? Brainshock wouldn't be that different from, say, Mewtwo's disable, and Paralysis could work out too...

And it's not as it's Jigglypuff's specialty, Peach can do it now too.

However, I'd rather have Lucas with his PSI and Kumatora with hers.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Why not? Brainshock wouldn't be that different from, say, Mewtwo's disable, and Paralysis could work out too...

And it's not as it's Jigglypuff's specialty, Peach can do it now too.

However, I'd rather have Lucas with his PSI and Kumatora with hers.
So let's assume her B moves consist of Brainshock, Paralysis and Hypnosis, none of those would do damage.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So let's assume her B moves consist of Brainshock, Paralysis and Hypnosis, none of those would do damage.
Not all moves have to make damage. Besides, most people use the A moves for fighting, not the B moves.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I am proud to say that Kumatora-hime now has been added to the character support index thread. Should we change the title of the thread?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't I have to get a mod's approval?

You know, maybe we shouldn't change it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm starting to wonder if all the Kumatora supporters are in hiding. I was at Gamefaqs Friday and I noticed that there was support there as well. Are the all afraid of being pummeled by Claus, Ness, Paula, or Poo supporters?

One thing I've noticed is that their hope has increased because the only MOTHER stuff seen so far have been from MOTHER 3.

EDIT: I just found a site with a bunch of MOTHER 3 fanart with most of them featuring our favorite princess.

http://toran.jp/gallery.html

Top Bottom