• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kumatora for Brawl Thread

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea Ill probably just draw her doing some attacks and how I think her moveset should be like and how you suggested it...and then Ill give it to my friends to scan them....but dont expect it immediately cuz Im.........busy....maybe by next week...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
OK. Just let me know when they're on the way. Meanwhile, I'll be watching my FMA boxset.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
in the meantime...

this needs bumpage....

KUMATORA 4 BRAWL PPLZ!!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
sry for the double post...

and no Im not here to post the drawings yet...but do expect them soon...

Lucas confirmed...

hopefully Kumatora's chances are increased...cuz that would be frikin badass...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yes it would...it would introduce a girl who isnt lady-like/Samus/half a character...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
yes it would...it would introduce a girl who isnt a typical princess/Samus/half a character...
Remember, she's a princess but I see what you mean.

Quick question: Should Claus get in before her?

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
My guess is Sakurai is gonna do the same thing with Lucas as she did with Ness. Ness was given Paula's moves, and I think Lucas will end up having moves like PK Freeze or PK Ground.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Originally Posted by ZenJestr
yes it would...it would introduce a girl who isnt a typical princess/Samus/half a character...
Remember, she's a princess but I see what you mean.

Quick question: Should Claus get in before her?
yea I edited my post immediately after cuz I remembered she is a princess...just not the kind Peach and Zelda are...

and I really dont care either way...Claus is badass but so is Kumatora...I'll let my quarter decide...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea if people didnt get spoiled before Melee then they obviously dont use the internet...

and they could just call him Masked Man...

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Would you mind telling me a way how he could get in without spoiling the storyline too much? BTW, don't give me that Sheik crap.
The Brawl guys at Starmen.net said Brawl would definitely ruin Mother 3 for Americans. Thats why they are working tediously to finish the translation patch for Mother 3.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The Brawl guys at Starmen.net said Brawl would definitely ruin Mother 3 for Americans. Thats why they are working tediously to finish the translation patch for Mother 3.
It's possible that this could be referring to Pokey being a boss along with New Pork City.

I'll never understand Nintendo's decision to not bring the series here again. Especially since RPGs are more popular than they were over a decade ago.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
It's possible that this could be referring to Pokey being a boss along with New Pork City.

I'll never understand Nintendo's decision to not bring the series here again. Especially since RPGs are more popular than they were over a decade ago.
That would be Insta-Win. He would probably be operating some sort of Primid Machine. But it also means that it could be Claus. Revealing his identity would definetly ruin Mother 3. Especially since Pokey could be referred to as The Pig King.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
most Americans might find quirky things unbearable and childish...if there are no guns and blood with some generic stereotypical badass....the majority wont play it...unless it has a legacy like Zelda and Mario...etc....of course this is the stereotypical American mentality...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That would be Insta-Win. He would probably be operating some sort of Primid Machine. But it also means that it could be Claus. Revealing his identity would definetly ruin Mother 3. Especially since Pokey could be referred to as The Pig King.
Here's an idea I have that can spoil MOTHER 3 but without Claus being in at the same time. Lucas' portion takes place AFTER MOTHER 3. Pokey has somehow (and I mean somehow) met the Ancient Minister and they agreed to work together. Pokey then makes an army of Primid who look like the Masked Man. Lucas is then forced to "relive" that tragic experience.

By doing this, we learn of his personal history and his burdens.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Would you mind telling me a way how he could get in without spoiling the storyline too much? BTW, don't give me that Sheik crap.
Or how about you suck it up? Sheik is quite an important point in this type of argument, period.

But listing something else, Roy's whole story was spoiled in Melee in his trophy BEFORE his game was released, so I highly doubt Sakurai gives a sh-t, especially when everyone in Japan already knows the whole storyline of Mother 3.

And the only way to spoil Mother 3 is for Claus to be in the game. Anyone who's played Mother 3 would know that. The Pig King being Pokey Minch is HARDLY a spoiler compared to the relationship between Claus and Lucas in the whole game, which is, yes, the most emphasized plot point in the game. I would much rather an important character like Claus over some side-character who hardly played much of a role in the game other than being a tag-along. That's simply logic.

And yes, you have to play the game to understand.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's something I noticed in Lucas' profile.

The youth with the psychic powers has appeared—it’s Lucas! He makes his anticipated debut from the Japan-only release MOTHER 3.

While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly.
Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!
I'm not sure if it means anything. For all we know, Lucas may be primarily defensive while Kumatora is the sharp contrast in terms of fighting and PK abilities

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

The Pig Thing. Doesn't that look like it would be part of the Pig Army? Pure speculation of course.
Who else can it belong to? Are there any other villains with a pig fetish (man, that sounds wrong)?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord

Nintendo also played dumb on the release of Mother 1+2, just like Marth and Roy helped bring FE to America, Ness' game would have sold better now after Smash Bros. All they had to do is slap Ness on the boxart (Ninten could go on the back...) and ta-dah, you get decent sells.

Morons....

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Nintendo also played dumb on the release of Mother 1+2, just like Marth and Roy helped bring FE to America, Ness' game would have sold better now after Smash Bros. All they had to do is slap Ness on the boxart (Ninten could go on the back...) and ta-dah, you get decent sells.

Morons....
Well hopefully we will get a Mother 3 release after Brawl. Best case scenario.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Morons....
Yeah.... I mean, it was actually on Nintendo's NOA website. Where's the logic in that? I mean, there's no work involved in localizing it.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
most Americans might find quirky things unbearable and childish...if there are no guns and blood with some generic stereotypical badass....the majority wont play it...unless it has a legacy like Zelda and Mario...etc....of course this is the stereotypical American mentality...
You win a million internets. Seriously, someone finally understands my plight. Games like Mario and SSBB pawn any silly game with guns and space aliens. With the exception of Metroid.

I have as much hope for that as Kumatora being in the game.
I'm with you.
Lucas
Claus
Kuma

Earthbound is underrepresented and deserves more reps. It's huge in Japan and that should be brought into consideration.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I too am Lucas, Claus, Kumatora, in that order... (I was really hoping for a Lucas, Ness, Claus, but as hard as it was, I'm convinced Ness has no chance... *sigh* he's my main since 1999, I played him in Melee even with the nerf, hell, Ness is the reason I bought Smash)

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I too am Lucas, Claus, Kumatora, in that order... (I was really hoping for a Lucas, Ness, Claus, but as hard as it was, I'm convinced Ness has no chance... *sigh* he's my main since 1999, I played him in Melee even with the nerf, hell, Ness is the reason I bought Smash)
I feel ya. But I've moved on, and Lucas will be my main along with me. That and any other Earthbound charas. I've gained a new love for Earthbound since I beat the game earlier in the summer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You win a million internets. Seriously, someone finally understands my plight. Games like Mario and SSBB pawn any silly game with guns and space aliens. With the exception of Metroid.

And Starfox.

I'm with you.
Lucas
Claus
Kuma

Earthbound is underrepresented and deserves more reps. It's huge in Japan and that should be brought into consideration.
Imagine if MOTHER was Nintendo's answer to Final Fantasy.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Imagine if MOTHER was Nintendo's answer to Final Fantasy.
It could be. If they stopped lolly gagging and just released MOTHER 3 already. Earthbound would have been huge if RPG's were given the love back then as they are today.

Kuma, can you explain to me why they call her the untypical princess, or is that just a pseudonym you gave her?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It could be. If they stopped lolly gagging and just released MOTHER 3 already. Earthbound would have been huge if RPG's were given the love back then as they are today.

Kuma, can you explain to me why they call her the untypical princess, or is that just a pseudonym you gave her?
That's a name I gave but she is indeed a princess.

Top Bottom