• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kumatora for Brawl Thread

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Note: I have yet to play MOTHER 3 because I can't read or speak Japanese. My info and moveset are based off info I've acquired from the internet. Don't hesitate to report any inaccuracies. Personally, I wish I could expand this more.

WARNING: MAJOR MOTHER 3 SPOILERS

Straight from the Japanese Brawl fansite.

Kumatora is the chief offensive PK/PSI user in Earthbound's, hopefully for now, Japan-only sequel, MOTHER 3. She is the princess of Osohe Castle, a castle of a long lost kingdom; and she was raised by magypsies, a race of woman who look like men in drag, since she was a child. Unlike Zelda, Peach, and Nintendo's other damsels, she is a total tomboy. In fact, she speaks with a masculine dialect and will speak rather rudely at times.

Her moves are like a mix of Paula and Poo from Earthbound/MOTHER 2. Unlike Paula and Ana from the previous MOTHER games, her primary attacks are her fists instead of a frying pan. However, she can equip an item called the Faux Frypan. Another thing distinctive from the two girls is that she is the opposite of a girly girl and she has pink hair. Not to mention that her name is actually masculine (Kuma=Bear, Tora=Tiger). She is also the only one in the entire series who can learn the lethal PK Ground.

Her chances in Brawl are highly questionable. However, she was the one who gave Lucas the plot-important Franklin Badge.

She was mentioned on the list once along with these other characters:
Ninten (Mother - 1989)
Paula (Mother 2 [EarthBound in the U.S.] - 1994 [1995])
Jeff (Mother 2 [EarthBound in the U.S.] - 1994 [1995])
Poo (Mother 2 [EarthBound in the U.S.] - 1994 [1995])
Claus (Mother 3 - 2006) Lucas (Mother 3 - 2006)
Princess Kumatora (Mother 3 - 2006)
For some reason, Duster wasn't on there.

Some potential factors for her getting in some form, to say the least, are:
1. Raises MOTHER awareness along with Lucas and might pull off a Fire Emblem.
2. Is an untraditional character, personality wise.
3. Is a girl, this might NOT be a major factor if Lyn is any indication.
4. Is the most unique of the MOTHER girls. In fact, Paula and Ana actually look similar.
5. Pink hair (j/k).

Lately, her chances don't seem so high because Lucas took five of her moves but I have four ways she can still be in.

First off, Lucas gave hope by revealing that a PSI move isn't performed an exact way for everyone. Lucas has an exploding PK Fire but Ness never did. It's quite possible for her to have the moves but use them differently.

Second, Sakurai obviously doesn't care about accuracy when it comes to who knows what. After all, he pulled the excuse that Paula probably taught Ness her PSI. However, KT could come up with this excuse thanks to the Magypsies. They can teach her stuff like PK Teleport like they could've taught Lucas her moves.

Third, she can always be a mix of the other MOTHER 3 characters along with a mix of the first two theories.

Fourth, she can be a clone or Luigifiction. If this is the case, the MOTHER girls will have what they've deserved since the original SSB.

Moveset: Note, I'm not good with percentage dealings. Anyone who can approximately scale this will be appreciated.
Out of 5:

Speed: ***
Power: ***1/2
Weight: *1/2
Size: ***
Jump: ***

Each of her attacks using the A button will make an electric guitar sound for every successful hit. This is from MOTHER 3 also. It could be turned off in the options.

A: Punch Double
A: Two punches
Triple A: Two punches and roundhouse kick.

Side A: Hook Punch
Up A: Uppercut
Down A: 360 kick.
Dash A: Super Punch - anime style

Smash Side A: Spinny Mace: Tosses it forward. Will spin and hit others when charging.
Smash Up A: Uppercut – Strong Uppercut resembling the Shoryuken
Smash Down A: Breakdance kick.

B: PK Beam: Shoots a fast-moving beam from her hand.
Side B: PK Brainshock - A long range attack that gets the opponent in a broken shield state. The closer the attack hits the opponent, the longer the effect is.
B: PK Teleport: Disappears and then comes out of a wormhole. The direction can be controlled and no damage occurse.
Down B: PK Counter: Sets herself in a psychic shield. When hit, the shield breaks and hits the opponent. For projectiles, she deflects the attack.

Aerial A: Releases a small amount of PK energy around herself.
Aerial Forward A: Faux Frypan. Takes a frying pan and hits the opponent downward.
Aerial Backward A: Back flying spinning kick.
Aerial Up A: Flip
Aerial Down A: Down Kick - Exactly like Ness'

Grab: A simple one arm grab

Throw Forward: She simply throws the character forward with one arm
Throw Backward: Turns around and kicks them away.
Throw Down: Similar to Kirby’s forward throw but Kumatora doesn’t move from her spot.
Throw Up: Throws the opponent up.
Throw Hit: Knee kick

Final Smash: PK Ground: Rises upward into the air and then lands by punching the ground. This causes tall and numerous stalagmites to form out of the ground.

Taunt:

1. Cracks her knuckles and shouts "Ore!" (Yes, I know this means "I".)
2. Pulls her right eyelid down and sticks her tounge at the audience.
3. Does a Come on! gesture with her hand.

Costumes:

1. Blue Hair and shoes with pink sweater
2. Green hair and shoes with yellow sweater
3. Red hair and shoes with orange sweater
4. Yellow hair and shoes with green sweater
5. Yoshi-Koshi

Kirby: Pink hair

Victory Music: Possibly a rock version of Lucas' victory theme.

Here is a Luigified B moveset:

B: PK Freeze: Charges her PK Freeze like Samus. When it's fully charged, unleashes three icicles in the air: One above her, one left by 45 degrees and one right by 45 degrees. Occasionally, it can freeze the opponent.

Side B: PK Bainshock: A long range attack that gets the opponent in a broken shield state. The closer the attack hits the opponent, the longer the effect is.

Down B: PK Counter: Sets herself in a psychic shield. When hit, the shield breaks and hits the opponent. For projectiles, she deflects the attack.

Up B: PK Thunder: Like Lucas' but goes farther and does less damage.

Here's some fanart of our favorite princess.

All of them are from here if they don't work.
http://toran.jp/gallery.html

- Art by FlintofMOTHER3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Curious.

Why do you want a character from a game you've never played before?

Is it because of her role and personality?

Besides... Duster's far more funkalicious.
1. Ask the same people who support Japan-only characters like Ephriam and Lucas.
2. I just like her overall. She's more appealing to me.

3. That he is. He can play a bass.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Kumatora would be pretty cool, but she is just a PSI user. I'd honestly prefer someone more unique as Duster (a thief) or Flint (a cowboy) if anything. Flint the most, since Brawl pretty much needs a bad a-s cowboy in the roster with a 2x4.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kumatora would be pretty cool, but she is just a PSI user. I'd honestly prefer someone more unique as Duster (a thief) or Flint (a cowboy) if anything. Flint the most, since Brawl pretty much needs a bad a-s cowboy in the roster with a 2x4.
Please, there can only be one Chuck Norris in Brawl. I would like to see how Duster would work. He'd be the Sanji of Brawl.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Perfect, like, you have no idea how much I would like her in it.
But, unfortunately it won't happen.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Perfect, like, you have no idea how much I would like her in it.
But, unfortunately it won't happen.
Well, we'll have to wait and see. I'll just keep hoping she's in some form to say the least along with the Chosen Four, Ninten, Ana, Loid, Teddy, Lucas, Duster, Flint, and Boney.

If you think about it, she has some things that support her. Then again, these support a lot of other characters.

1. See the reasons I mentioned.
2. Sakurai wants more reps for series that had like one in Melee. This applies to Metroid, F-Zero, and MOTHER mostly.

Hong

The Strongest
1. Ask the same people who support Japan-only characters like Ephriam and Lucas.

Nuh-uh. Ephraim is from Fire Emblem 8 which was released world wide. You could have referred to Takamaru (<3), Sukapon (eww), Sigurd or many others though.

I actually want Princess Kumatora in more than any MOTHER series character. Many reasons. For one, as mentioned she breaks many of the personality and character barriers commonly seen, as do all MOTHER entities. Using magic and fluent attack methods to compensate for her short ranged attacks sounds like an interesting concept.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nuh-uh. Ephraim is from Fire Emblem 8 which was released world wide. You could have referred to Takamaru (<3), Sukapon (eww), Sigurd or many others though.

I actually want Princess Kumatora in more than any MOTHER series character. Many reasons. For one, as mentioned she breaks many of the personality and character barriers commonly seen, as do all MOTHER entities. Using magic and fluent attack methods to compensate for her short ranged attacks sounds like an interesting concept.
I thought Ephraim was Japan only. I haven't played any Fire Emblem games yet.

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
On the border of Westminster and Arvada, CO, in a
I thought Ephraim was Japan only. I haven't played any Fire Emblem games yet.
Ephraim came out in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, which was also released in the US.

It's arguably the easiest Fire Emblem game thus far.

But, Ephraim gets respect for being a Spear-wielder on foot.

I cried a little on the inside when he promoted.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I think Kumatora would be really badass for Brawl or any future Smash game...

I would probably main her if she was in...no she'd be one of my secondaries....Takamaru would be my main...or Link...or Pit....w/e she'd be up there

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd main her as well. For some reason, I always prefer to main girls. It doesn't matter what game it is. If the girl's an option I'll eventually play as her.

You know, I'm thinking of her being Haruhi in a parody opening I'm planning that'll take me months to finish.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
I'm starting to really despise these Lucas lovers. Suddenly, they blow off Ness and say "HEY! WELCOME LUCAS!". It bugs me how people blow off characters just so they can get the latest series representitive, that is even Japan only. They say that about Ness even though hes been in the last two, completely unique. No wonder Sakurai put IC's in.

If Lucas/Kumatora are going to be in, I demand they come with Ness, because as some people said, "Lucas/Kumatora would be unique from Ness, since they had different PSI moves... etc..." Wouldnt that make it possible to add both? Sorry. These people bug me. I'm all for Lucas/Kumatora though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I say, "Why not welcome all three?"

I wonder how they'll keep Lucas different from Ness. Maybe they can make him more item oriented with his final smash being PK LOVE.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I agree with you but Im not as serious as you...if Ness could be in then they should put him in, with Lucas...but if they dont I wont be stressing over it...I personally like Ness but if he leaves my sorrow will only last for like 3 minutes...so I guess I am somewhat neutral when it deals with the Ness/Lucas issue...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know, she doesn't dress, look, or act like one.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
exactly...there is no way in whatever evil/punishing realm you recognize that when you saw Kumatora you instantaneously thought: princess...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Considering her personality, we should just call her Prince Kumatora.

ORE ORE ORE ORE
ORE ORE ORE ORE
ORE ORE ORE ORE

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
hehehe....and does she even say Ore at all?

btw I was thinking of a taunt for her(I know that theres the crack knuckles and "Ore" one)....cracks knuckles then her neck(theres a difference between cracking your neck and snapping your neck...) while in that pose of the pic in the first post...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
hehehe....and does she even say Ore at all?

btw I was thinking of a taunt for her(I know that theres the crack knuckles and "Ore" one)....cracks knuckles then her neck(theres a difference between cracking your neck and snapping your neck...) while in that pose of the pic in the first post...
From what I've heard, whenever she is supposed to use watashi, she uses ore.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wonder how many people outside of Japan are aware of existence. Judging by the amount of Paula support, not much.

I can see Paula as AT with Pray.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea...although she could be a PC if Ness is confirmed and Lucas isnt...since there is more than one of a particular PSI move...and there are others besides Thunder, Fire, Flash, Magnet....like Freeze, Paralysis, Hypnosis, etc.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
yea...although she could be a PC if Ness is confirmed and Lucas isnt...since there is more than one of a particular PSI move...and there are others besides Thunder, Fire, Flash, Magnet....like Freeze, Paralysis, Hypnosis, etc.
All of which Kumatora possess. I still see her as an AT because she's not really unique aside from Pray. If you think about it, she and Ana are what Peach would be in the MOTHER universe minus the royalty.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
too true...besides...I like Kumatora better...today...I couldnt stop drawing her doing different attacks in the first post...and Takamaru.....hehehe

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Can you upload them? I'd love to put them in the first post.

BTW, didn't Peach fight with frying pans in Super Mario RPG?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

a little red doll is appealing to you. now i have seen and heard it all

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yes she did and if I can find and get my scanner to work then I don't see why not...

a little red doll is appealing to you. now i have seen and heard it all
no youve seen/heard it all when elephants fly...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
ok for the PK Freeze...how exactly does she do that...I think it should be that she throws a ball of glowing blue energy above her in the air and then it explodes but instead of fire...ice...you could charge it like PK Flash but you instead of slowly dragging it to an area...shejust looks at a certain direction...which is where she throws her PSI thing...

and how is PK Brainstorm like...(in appearance....or do you want me to be creative...)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ok for the PK Freeze...how exactly does she do that...I think it should be that she throws a ball of glowing blue energy above her in the air and then it explodes but instead of fire...ice...you could charge it like PK Flash but you instead of slowly dragging it to an area...shejust looks at a certain direction...which is where she throws her PSI thing...

and how is PK Brainstorm like...(in appearance....or do you want me to be creative...)
For PK Freeze, I was thinking of something like a snowball. It can be charged up like Samus' gun to omega level.

As for PK Brainstorm, be creative.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
so what your saying is that she tosses a snowball forward? starting as a small ball but charged up it could be as big as Samus' fully charged blast cannon thing....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
so what your saying is that she tosses a snowball forward? starting as a small ball but charged up it could be as big as Samus' fully charged blast cannon thing....
Yeah but it has a trajectory path.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
ok Im just gunna write down what I think and what I understood from your posts...

B - PK Freeze:
1.) she throws a glowing icy blue ball in the air and it bursts in an explosion of ice and blizzardy stuff...is aimable and can be charged...an uncharged PK Freeze will appear as a snowball when thrown and could potentially have a snowball effect and grow larger if the terrain allows it(flat surface..no ppl or obstacles get in the way)...in the air she just does a mini-Articuno effect thing...minus the freeze...
2.) pitches a snowball forward. Can be charged and has the possibility of growing to rival Samus' Charge Shot...but with icy goodness....

UpB - PK Thunder:
1.) she rises in the air with her hands glowing with that flash that appears when Ness double jumps...she shoots a PK Thunder-like lightning bolt downwards and for each lightning bolt thrown, she rises a bit...maximum of 4 bolts...
2.) basically like Ness' PK Thunder with more range when she hits herself...

SideB - PK Brainstorm:
1.) I really cant think of anything...for now
2.) ^^^

DownB - PK Quake:
1.) hops into the air and dives her fist into the ground which causes rock spires(forget the correct term and spelling at the moment....stellagmites/tites?) rise up and a quake like DK's down B in a way...in the air she comes diving down with her fist extended and punches the earth...the higher she is the more powerful the attack...
2.) ^^^

Final Smash:
1.) she is in that PK Thunder trance thing while warp star-like stars rain down at the stage...
2.) ^^^

if there are personalized entrances...how would hers be?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ok Im just gunna write down what I think and what I understood from your posts...

B - PK Freeze:
1.) she throws a glowing icy blue ball in the air and it bursts in an explosion of ice and blizzardy stuff...is aimable and can be charged...an uncharged PK Freeze will appear as a snowball when thrown and could potentially have a snowball effect and grow larger if the terrain allows it(flat surface..no ppl or obstacles get in the way)...in the air she just does a mini-Articuno effect thing...minus the freeze...
2.) pitches a snowball forward. Can be charged and has the possibility of growing to rival Samus' Charge Shot...but with icy goodness....

UpB - PK Thunder:
1.) she rises in the air with her hands glowing with that flash that appears when Ness double jumps...she shoots a PK Thunder-like lightning bolt downwards and for each lightning bolt thrown, she rises a bit...maximum of 4 bolts...
2.) basically like Ness' PK Thunder with more range when she hits herself...

SideB - PK Brainstorm:
1.) I really cant think of anything...for now
2.) ^^^
I was thinking of her shooting a beam from her hand.

DownB - PK Quake:
1.) hops into the air and dives her fist into the ground which causes rock spires(forget the correct term and spelling at the moment....stellagmites/tites?) rise up and a quake like DK's down B in a way...in the air she comes diving down with her fist extended and punches the earth...the higher she is the more powerful the attack...
Yes, but the power increase goes to the rock spire's height.
2.) ^^^

Final Smash:
1.) she is in that PK Thunder trance thing while warp star-like stars rain down at the stage...
2.) ^^^
Sounds good to me.
if there are personalized entrances...how would hers be?
I have no idea. There's a hidden sprite of her I saw in a video where she descends down with pearl like things around her in her Yoshi-Koshi look. Maybe it could be that but with her regular look.
I hate character limits.

Top Bottom