• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kumatora for Brawl Thread

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Bump because fanart pictures have been added.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's the whole point. It refers to a specific game but I don't know what.

Hong

The Strongest
Wishful thinking much? a character with no B moves damage would suck.
That is being awfully closed minded. It could be very interesting for a character who has good close combat, but a hard time reaching their opponents. There are many ways to implement such a system correctly.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That is being awfully closed minded. It could be very interesting for a character who has good close combat, but a hard time reaching their opponents. There are many ways to implement such a system correctly.
Like how? Just curious.

Hong

The Strongest
Like how? Just curious.
A character with little range or predictable approaches in their jumps and attacks. They could use different kinds of utility abilities for their B buttons to help them initiate an actual attack or keep the enemy on their toes. Like F.L.U.D.D.

I mean, I can easily imagine Mewtwo without Shadow Ball.

Though this isn't saying such a moveset is the best for Kumatora, just possible.
Edit -
I do think Kumatora should be a ranged fighter... she wasn't a particularly good hitter in the game.
And Ike's highest stat was speed. Sometimes, they change the properties of a character to make them fit better in Brawl.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. Characters are very loosely based on their originals. Heck, if they can say "Paula taught Ness PSI Fire and PSI Thunder", they can also say Princess Kumatora bench pressed Captain Falcon every day until Brawl's debut.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Yeah... but Ness using Paula's moves is something that bothers me even to this day... I'm kinda over it... well, I'm over it, but it still bothers me. I just don't let it get to me.

I'd rather have them be more faithful this time.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The whole Kumatora's physics wouldn't work as a melee fighter thing doesn't work, I don't want Kumatora in because I want Lucas to use her PSI.
Why? That's just wasting perfectly good character potential. Not to mention being lazy.

Hong

The Strongest
Because it displeases the fans. We can all understand that this is Super Smash Brothers, so no character is expected to be like their original. But giving them moves from a completely different entity in their franchise takes away from their actual characteristics and originality. I'm a Fire Emblem fan, and while Ike in Brawl is very cool, asside from his outfit he's NOTHING like the original at all. Since I'm also a MOTHER fan, I don't want them to do that again with Lucas. :/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
True. Is she of any relation to Ness or Lucas?
Ness, none.
Only Pokey has any relation to him. Ness and the gang are dead during MOTHER 3.
Lucas, they're connected by the Magypsies who play an important role in the story. Also, they both search for Duster after he disappeared.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Excuse my ignorance, but how did Ness die?? I never heard of such an event?
Well, he's dead by the events of MOTHER 3 which take like 1,000 to 10,000 years after MOTHER 2.

Hong

The Strongest
I should also mention, that none of the heroes of a MOTHER game will ever, ever look "cool", "bad ***" or out of the ordinary. They often look plain, weird, or awkward. But when you actually dive into their personalities, characteristics and see them in action, it's very easy to grow fond of them. I love the characters because while they're odd, they are very lovable and entertaining. Everything from strange middle-aged men to common house pets can become heroes who will one day save the world using their own unique traits. I'm tired of some generic cool dude with a sword and messy hair being the one to save the world.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
I see my good friend. It is the inner appearance rather than the outer that makes you fond for the characters. This is extremely understandable. That, my friend, makes the world go round.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I DONT' THINK WE NEED ANOTHER CHARECTER FROM MOTHER 3. I THINK THEY SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON OTHER GAMES LIKE CPT. OLIMAR (pikmin) CUZ I'D REALLY LIKE TO SEEE HIM IN THE GAME AND I DUNNO WHAT OTHER GAMES BUT I JUST DON'T THINK WE NEED ANYMORE AFTER LUCAS AND IF THEY ANNOUNCE NESS'S RETURN

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I DONT' THINK WE NEED ANOTHER CHARECTER FROM MOTHER 3. I THINK THEY SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON OTHER GAMES LIKE CPT. OLIMAR (pikmin) CUZ I'D REALLY LIKE TO SEEE HIM IN THE GAME AND I DUNNO WHAT OTHER GAMES BUT I JUST DON'T THINK WE NEED ANYMORE AFTER LUCAS AND IF THEY ANNOUNCE NESS'S RETURN
You have obviously never played the Mother series

Hong

The Strongest
F-Zero GX Announcer: "ALL RIGHT! FIRST PLACE!"

Anyhoo. I'm getting more and more tempted to just read a translation of MOTHER 3 and play it instead of waiting for Starmen.net to make the patch. >.> I keep seeing more and more awesome MOTHER 3 stuff and I've played the last two to death so I'm getting desperate.

vesperview

Smash Hero
F-Zero GX Announcer: "ALL RIGHT! FIRST PLACE!"

Anyhoo. I'm getting more and more tempted to just read a translation of MOTHER 3 and play it instead of waiting for Starmen.net to make the patch. >.> I keep seeing more and more awesome MOTHER 3 stuff and I've played the last two to death so I'm getting desperate.
Oh you really should, believe me, even if you have to use a translation walkthrough, Mother 3 is the best of the series, although I prefer Mother 2 but for sentimental reasons.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
She sounds similiar to someone I knew once, If she were in that would be kicksmash. Also It would be interesting to see her emasculate the guys in Brawl XD

Top Bottom