• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kumatora for Brawl Thread

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I never said it was different, it doesn't matter who you support, if you haven't played their games, have no idea what they do, have no idea about their story, you shouldn't support them.
well does reasearching about them count???? :(

Plenty of people support Sukapon and Takamaru and they've never played their games so I don't see how it's different with this character.

Anyway, here are some videos of Kumatora in action.

WARNING SPOILERS:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O392FUsyYEY
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x6ahPxGYKrQ
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TtnvzN2lHRU
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bZqF_aoR8IU
...................WOW....

vesperview

Smash Hero
well does reasearching about them count???? :(
Yes it does, but you should still at least look up their abilities in order to fully know what you're supporting, some Sukapon and Takamaru fans may not have played their games but they know what the characters do, which in the end is what counts for Brawl.

On Topic: The only true move Kumatora can use differently is PK Thunder, but I doubt it would be very different from how Pikachu uses his thunder abilities.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yes it does, but you should still at least look up their abilities in order to fully know what you're supporting, some Sukapon and Takamaru fans may not have played their games but they know what the characters do, which in the end is what counts for Brawl.
wikipedia was very vague on attacks....it only mentioned alot of the story and characters

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

On Topic: The only true move Kumatora can use differently is PK Thunder, but I doubt it would be very different from how Pikachu uses his thunder abilities.
Actually, I have some ideas on how she can use them differently.

PK Thunder: Works like Fox's Up B but leaves a body width trail of eletricity. Claus would use it like Pikachu.

PK Fire: Can be charged and is made as a B move. She fires it like a Hadoken and makes explosions on contact. Also, it moves at a fast speed like Pit's arrows so it can be moved a little.

PK Freeze: Forms a block of ice and punches it forward as a Side B. In rare occasions, the move will break into multiple directions but the directions vary on where she's facing.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord

PK Thunder: Works like Fox's Up B but leaves a body width trail of eletricity. Claus would use it like Pikachu.

PK Fire: Can be charged and is made as a B move. She fires it like a Hadoken and makes explosions on contact. Also, it moves at a fast speed like Pit's arrows so it can be moved a little.

PK Freeze: Forms a block of ice and punches it forward as a Side B. In rare occasions, the move will break into multiple directions but the directions vary on where she's facing.
and her PK Ground would be Stalagmites from the Earth right?

If you want full info on the Mother games, Starmen.net is the place to go.
thank u (^^)v

vesperview

Smash Hero

This is an improved version of Lucas's, you're saying you don't have to control it you just recover as if you had been hit by the attack already.

This is also an improved version of Lucas's.

This is a good idea.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is an improved version of Lucas's, you're saying you don't have to control it you just recover as if you had been hit by the attack already.

Yes, but to balance it out, it gives her the recovery height that Ness had in Melee.

This is also an improved version of Lucas's.

Basically, but there's no pillar.

This is a good idea.

Thanks, the idea reminds me of Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist.
Comments in bold.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That we do. After all, it's not like this speculation will affect her outcome or any other character's.

Also, from the looks of it, Lucas may have a recovery height somewhere between SSB's Ness and SSBM's Ness.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hopefully, he will be. He's got meteor smashes and everything so I see why not.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know if it's a doujin but it definitely looks like one. It may just be a parody cover. I found the pic on Gamespot.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I came up with an idea for different versions of PK Fire/Freeze/Thunder....

PK Fire: since I havent played Mother 3 and dont plan on it until Starmen.net releases the translation (because going back and forth for a translation of every sentence is tedious)....Ill just have to use the description from EarthBound....PSI Fire attacked a row of enemies. So, I think that she should do a fast version of Ganondorf's Utilt and when her foot makes contact with the ground, a row of flames stream out with as much range as Melee Ness' PK Fire...

OR...Kumatora could use PK Fire for recovery...she could do a Fire Fox kind of thing but the main damage is from the stream of fire behind her, her actual body isnt engulfed in flames...If she does it on the ground the area around her is covered in flames

PK Freeze: for recovery, she could do a rising, spinning uppercut of ice...there is a slight startup lag so you can choose the direction you want to go. Upwards and to the sides will do that spinning uppercut while going downwards will basically do Cpt. Falcon's DownB move...

if its not for recovery...then she could surround her body in a swirling blizzard or she could she could make chunks of hail appear. From there you can press down to make a mini-hailstorm or to a side to shoot the in that direction...the hail isnt that strong and doesnt do too much knockback...kinda like Sheik's needles(I dunno if thats the best example I can come up with...or maybe Kirby's Vulcan Jab thing I dunno...Id rather draw it and show u pplz but my scanner doesnt work and my friend who has one moved....T_T)

PK Thunder: I think in EarthBound, PSI Thunder has a chance of failing and as you get better versions of it you can attack multiple opponents with the max I believe being 4....well I think they should incorporate that....

for recovery, she could rise in the air a bit with lightning covering her hands. She shoots down up to 4 bolts of lightning and for each bolt, she raises in the air. You have to time your presses of the B button (or w/e button u assigned the special moves button) to shoot more bolts...You can control the direction a little bit....but not like Fox/Falco's UpB....

if its not gunna be for recovery...then if anyone has seen Avatar and has seen Azula, Iroh, Ozai Lightningbend....then thats kinda what I mean....but it doesnt have amazing range and it has a thin hitbox but its frikin powerful....

I dunno I was bored...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Those are pretty good but I personally love my idea of PK Freeze where she punches a block of ice and pushes it forward, Occasionally, it breaks into glaciers that go in every direction she can see.

BTW, I found this on that Japanese Brawl site.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea that glacier punch thing is pretty cool....

and I cant see it do u have a link?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
well with that being said I guess i see no other choice...I will buy MOTHER3............the Faqs however is probably going to cost me $100 in ink and printer paper XDD thank u so much for your help (^^)v.....have u ever played the game yourself?
He has the cart, and so do I

*needs to post more in the Kumatora thread*

Top Bottom