• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Crimson King said:
Nintendo has a habit of only adding characters who have been in more than one game or are at least a main character in a game.
Wasnt she in adventures and assult? I havent played either so wouldnt know.

ARG! you beat me Lupe!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Has anyone here played Assault? If so, could you answer this question. Is Krystal a main (preferable playable) character in it?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Unless she was the main character, my argument still stands.

Take Ness. He was only in Earthbound, but he was the main character of that. Also, there was that huge sequel for the 64 that got scrapped so I guess this was there way of making it up.

Point is, Krystal is too obscure to put in a fighting game to show off their franchise characters ie. names associated with them.

They won't add Krystal for the same reason they won't add a goomba, a turtle, some random pokemon, or anyone like that. It won't happen now at least.

kaid

Smash Master
She is one of your wingmen, and a better one than Slippy (not that that takes much) although not as good a flyer as Falco. In multiplayer mode, she has the weakest stats but has the best special in the game (double invincibilitys)

EDIT at CK: Geno was only in Super Mario RPG, and was not the main character. If you are saying Geno also stands no chance, there is a raving mob a few threads over that would like a few words with you.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
kaid said:
She is one of your wingmen, and a better one than Slippy (not that that takes much) although not as good a flyer as Falco. In multiplayer mode, she has the weakest stats but has the best special in the game (double invincibilitys)

EDIT at CK: Geno was only in Super Mario RPG, and was not the main character. If you are saying Geno also stands no chance, there is a raving mob a few threads over that would like a few words with you.
Geno is more popular than Krystal

kaid

Smash Master
Xia: If CK is going to compare Krystal to a goomba, I don't think he's counting fanbase anyway.

Edit: ...and this thread has almost three times the views as the Geno thread. Who's more popular now?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
kaid said:
Xia: If CK is going to compare Krystal to a goomba, I don't think he's counting fanbase anyway.
I was saying one reason admitadly not a good one, I think Krystal would be a great character to add AFTER wolf she resembles the new direction of which Starfox is going. (Here I am defending Krystal)

kaid

Smash Master
xianfeng said:
I was saying one reason admitadly not a good one, I think Krystal would be a great character to add AFTER wolf she resembles the new direction of which Starfox is going. (Here I am defending Krystal)
:ohwell: hey, you make a weak argument, I kinda HAVE to attack it. No offence.

Anyway, I also feel they should be both included, although judging from the O'Donnell thread, people have a hard time envisioning him as anything other than a Gannondorf-ed Fox. :mad:

I mean, Krystal gets the moves from Adventures, so Wolf can nab all his specials from Assault, where HE is playable. Booster pack, machine gun, sniper rifle, and homing launcher!

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
So far what I see is that they need a new star fox character and she's been in 2 games, and somewhere in this universe, she has a gigantic fanbase. Really this is all based on that you would like her in the game. Frankly, for all we know they might not add a Star Fox character, or it could be someone really odd like Andross or Rob64.

I've seen more from you on the character's appearance and move set over why she should be in the game. Right now, we really don't have a good canidate from the Star Fox universe.

Actually, all I see here is you talking about her appearance. You've actually asked me more on why I don't want her in over why you think she should be in.

Wow, correction, your argument isn't weak, it's non-existant.

Haha, earlier in this topic people were saying Diddy Kong, a character recently used in MANY Nintendo games had no chance compared to Krystal. You guys are fanatical.

This is really tragic. All you did was try to defend why she was hot.

Fake Edit: Oop, you talk about the shockwave on groundquake. But that's not really any support, now is it?

Pete278

Smash Lord
I can't envision a move set for Rob and Andross wouldn't work, since he's two floating hands and a floating head. Also, she's going to be in another game soon, entitled Star Fox DS :p.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Grimie said:
Haha, earlier in this topic people were saying Diddy Kong, a character recently used in MANY Nintendo games had no chance compared to Krystal. You guys are fanatical.
Quoted for thrust.

Krystal is a nice additon but pretty doubtfully. She's been in two games yeah but in those games Fox is still the main guy huh? Still I like Krystal, I hope she's in not because shes "hot?" but because she's atleast a StarFox character which will not be a clone IF the give her the moveset with the Staff.

And why you people think Diddy makes no chance compared to Krystal? Diddy as we know was been in ALOT more games as a playable character . Infact, hes the secund guy in DKC1 the main guy in DKC2 and the star of the second best racing game for the N64 which is gonna be remade. He's even been in Mario Sport games... Not anything special or something but hey, he atleast is there.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very few people know who the heck Krystal and very few people care. No, there are much more suitable characters to add first.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Sorry but the Ice Climbers only had 1 game and then they where in SSBM! Same goes for Pit now and you can say hell yeah that some people don't know who Pit is. So excuse me, but that argument doesn't count anymore I think...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Kujirudo said:
Sorry but the Ice Climbers only had 1 game and then they where in SSBM! Same goes for Pit now and you can say hell yeah that some people don't know who Pit is. So excuse me, but that argument doesn't count anymore I think...
Quite right. Besides Pit and IC not having a major modern fan-base like Fox or whoever, they were NES and SNES games (pit remade on original GB) but they are really old-school. And there's a lot of 13-15 yr old kids who's earliest system was N64. [not that I know, just assuming since by the time they were old enough for video games, N64 and the like were out.]

Also, they are adding to the franchise's that only have 1 person. Samus, Kirby, [Wario a spin-off], and then adding new franchises{Snake, Pit}, so no real support in adding to a franchise that already has 2+ characters {StarFox}. In terms of this theory, Diddy Kong has more of a chance than Krystal.

However, I still think Krystal fits Brawl quite a lot more than a lot of other candidates. Imagining her in it is a lot easier than other people. I'm still voting for Krystal in Brawl.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I just want her in because there's a chance for another fast, in-your-face character like fox. Falco is alright, but he doesnt have the same jump or feel that I get with fox. As a fox player, i have a hard time using other characters. Im hoping krystal could have the same shorter jump and similar speed that fox has, with the reach of that staff. I might be asking for too much here but it would make for another fun chracter to play with.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Vulpine51 said:
^^isnt that all that really matters? That you have fun with the character your playing with and thus, having fun playine the game?
Precisely. I think it would be awesome to shinedash someone, then up smash them with the staff, jump up and then do a Marth-type spike.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
krystal would be awesome, she could have so many combos with the staff and her b-moves would be sweet with the staff. she will not have a reflector, fox illusion, or fire fox (well maybe the last one). her regular b would be the fire blast the staff had from star fox adventures, and would be like falco's laser. I don't know what else she will have though, and I won't make assumptions
edit: I wonder what her super could be?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kujirudo said:
Both ICs and Pit are parts of gaming history and fans of gaming know who both are. Only those born, like, ten or less years ago wouldn't know. And the point remains, nobody cares about Krystal. If we're gonna add Krystal, there's a long list of other characters that needs adding first.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Yuna said:
Both ICs and Pit are parts of gaming history and fans of gaming know who both are. Only those born, like, ten or less years ago wouldn't know. And the point remains, nobody cares about Krystal. If we're gonna add Krystal, there's a long list of other characters that needs adding first.
Im not sure if anyone can say which caracters will come before others. I mean remember, we still dont know if there will be any more newcommers at all and any more that come are still the creator's choice. For all we know, they could care less about what we think. But if you do have their "list" please share it with the rest of us.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Yuna said:
Nobody cares about Krystal? She would be a great addition especially with that staff. Also in Star Fox Assault(that game is terrible) She uses guns so those could be her b attacks. It would be pretty easy to come up with a moveset for her and this game needs more female characters anyway.

kaid

Smash Master
Yuna, I think you mean "very few people care about krystal." Because there are several people in this thread who DO care, invalidating your statement.

fluffy

Smash Champion
kaid said:
Yuna, I think you mean "very few people care about krystal." Because there are several people in this thread who DO care, invalidating your statement.
ya.
but umm...about wolf, the ganondorf-fox like thing was so my idea. =P
krystal should keep both the pimpcannon and staff in brawl imo.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Assualt had its moments, but I agree that it felt rushed and unrefined - if only namco had the same dedication and enthusiasm as SEGA did toward F-Zero GX.
At any rate, the attention this thread has recieved (15+ pages) proves otherwise to the "very few people care about krystal" statement. She's definently on my top 5 most wanted list... (w/ staff, ofcourse)

kaid

Smash Master
ANd if you'd read the manual, you'd know that the "pimpcannon" is called the Gatling Gun. It's an antivehical Machine gun with half the ammo.

And there is no way Krystal could hold that gun and still use her staff. It's bigger than she is.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
kaid said:
ANd if you'd read the manual, you'd know that the "pimpcannon" is called the Gatling Gun. It's an antivehical Machine gun with half the ammo.

And there is no way Krystal could hold that gun and still use her staff. It's bigger than she is.
She wouldn't hold both at the same time. Her B move could be she puts her staff on her back and quickly pulls out the gatling gun and shoots or something. She would only pull it out on specific moves, not carry both around. Kind of like how Mr. Game and Watch pulls out a frying pan and flips bacon.

fluffy

Smash Champion
kaid said:

yes i know its not called the pimpcannon. i just like the name of it.
peach can hold toad, an umbrella, a golf club, tennis racket, and a frying pan. link holds infinite bombs, boomerang, sword, shield, and bow + arrows. if they can hold those things, y shouldnt krystal? the game doesnt hav to be uber realistic.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Link constatly holds his shield and sword. The bombs come from his backpack.

A cannon bigger than Krystal is would be stupid, having to lug it around and expect to be able to handle a staff adequately at the same time.

fluffy

Smash Champion
hey, id be cute to see her take that cannon out of like.. her pocket and charge a huge shot while she falls back.
eh, fine ur right.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
It's already been proven that it doesn't matter how popular the character is, but how well they would fit into the game's style. Personally I think Krystal and Sonic (besides comfirmed characters) would be the best.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Grmo said:
It's already been proven that it doesn't matter how popular the character is, but how well they would fit into the game's style. Personally I think Krystal and Sonic (besides comfirmed characters) would be the best.
yea thats true. I think some people should take some notes. BUT sonic and krystal wont fit baby child

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
fluffy said:
it means that hes a hater of furry characters. ur millenium necklace cant prove anything!

how dare you challenge my necklace. I will send you to the smash realm. ANyways. i was just kidding. at first i didn't think krystle was a good choice. but for some reason i'm startin to like her :mad: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom