• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Seriously, if people are going to come in here and start argument, at least make it about something that matters, instead of subjective statements, and rationalizing importance.

Edit:
I am surprised it took you... *stops and counts* ... eight posts to come to that realization. Welcome to reality.
Dude, seriously if your all down to Earth, and you agree it was a waste of time, why did you keep it going?

cecilbartz

Smash Cadet
Saying Krystal is more important than Falco is like saying Daisy is more important than Luigi, it's very idiotic.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
So does this whole thread Buzz. Glad we agree on something. :)
NUH UH!!! You wrote that post in white text on a dark background, so we must be disagreeing... >_> (J/K)

Y'all knew how to do the rapid twirl in Starfox Adventures, yes? I loved that move. ^_^

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
NUH UH!!! You wrote that post in white text on a dark background, so we must be disagreeing... >_> (J/K)

Y'all knew how to do the rapid twirl in Starfox Adventures, yes? I loved that move. ^_^
I'm afraid I don't recall, would you refresh my memory?

I knew that game pretty well... Hmm..

Krystal for Brawl..

-Onyx

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm afraid I don't recall, would you refresh my memory?

I knew that game pretty well... Hmm..

Krystal for Brawl..

-Onyx
I believe once you start attacking an opponent, if you hold away (from the target) on the control stick, Fox will start spinning the staff on his side, thus hitting the target quite rapidly. Fox will slowly rotate from side to side in a figure-eight twirl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Probably to avoid further spoilers, I mean Krystal is really no AT material, is obvious she is playable and that she has tons of dialog in subspace.
If that's the case, will Jim Walker return to do Fox?

BTW, apparantly, that info on Krystal wasn't supposed to be released yet.

http://www.alesiaglidewell.com/vo_games.htm

Blank space. Found it on Serebii and it was found on GoNintendo.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I believe once you start attacking an opponent, if you hold away (from the target) on the control stick, Fox will start spinning the staff on his side, thus hitting the target quite rapidly. Fox will slowly rotate from side to side in a figure-eight twirl.
Yeah, I remember that move now that you mention it. Pretty epic.

If that's the case, will Jim Walker return to do Fox?

BTW, apparantly, that info on Krystal wasn't supposed to be released yet.

http://www.alesiaglidewell.com/vo_games.htm

Blank space. Found it on Serebii and it was found on GoNintendo.
Wow, it is an empty space now. Someone must have found out and told her to remove it.

peachy!

super princess
Seattle-based voice actress Alesia Glidewell has a generic credit resumé listed on her website, including characters in video games she’s recently done. Among the games listed is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where Glidewell is said to be voicing the following characters:

Krystal from Starfox, Knuckle Joe from Kirby & Zero Suit Samus from Metroid

Now, hold on a minute. We already knew about Zero Suit Samus’ inclusion as an alter ego for Samus, and Knuckle Joe’s inclusion as an Assist Trophy. Where’s this Krystal stuff coming from? Granted, if yet another member of the Star Fox team were to be added to the playable roster in Brawl, Krystal’s a no-brainer. There’s always the chance that she’ll be an Assist Trophy just like the rest of them, but since Krystal actually has potential moves for use in the game, we might as well inch that playable roster closer to 50, right?

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Seattle-based voice actress Alesia Glidewell has a generic credit resumé listed on her website, including characters in video games she’s recently done. Among the games listed is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where Glidewell is said to be voicing the following characters:

Krystal from Starfox, Knuckle Joe from Kirby & Zero Suit Samus from Metroid

Now, hold on a minute. We already knew about Zero Suit Samus’ inclusion as an alter ego for Samus, and Knuckle Joe’s inclusion as an Assist Trophy. Where’s this Krystal stuff coming from? Granted, if yet another member of the Star Fox team were to be added to the playable roster in Brawl, Krystal’s a no-brainer. There’s always the chance that she’ll be an Assist Trophy just like the rest of them, but since Krystal actually has potential moves for use in the game, we might as well inch that playable roster closer to 50, right?
I don't understand though. Knuckle Joe with a girls voice?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
methinks this is connected to her AAA combo if it is intergrated. kinda like how fox goes into his kicks, she would do a double hit with the staff and go into the twirl. that seems like it would be good to me.

kaid

Smash Master
Given the size of her staff, if that IS her rapid A... actuall, hold A now... Then it could in fact be the best in the game, being able to protect her from above and possibly behind.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
They wouldn't reveal him like that.
you are right, of course. And it should be obvious that he never had a shot to begin with, but I mean it's not impossible... more likely than gardevoir at least ^_^

yeah but seriously yo are probably right

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
hmmm, does anybody think there is even more meaning in the act of someone making the VA remove her credits for Brawl, soon after they where "leaked." rather than leaving it be? I think it hints even more that Krystal is going to be playable.

if the voice credit were just for an AT, why would they bother to make her take it down?
leaked ATs aren't that big of a story; whereas on the other hand, actual playable characters being leaked is huge.
That's why I think that the fact that it was up there by mistake, and that they did make her take it down, is actually even more telling...

I dunno what's going to happen, but I hope my prediction is correct. I also hope that this potential "leak" at the very least convinces Sakurai to post an update regarding Krystal sooner, rather than later. We have already waited longer than fans of the other popular newcomers did for their character...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
hmmm, does anybody think there is even more meaning in the act of someone making the VA remove her credits for Brawl, soon after they where "leaked." rather than leaving it be? I think it hints even more that Krystal is going to be playable.

if the voice credit were just for an AT, why would they bother to make her take it down?
leaked ATs aren't that big of a story; whereas on the other hand, actual playable characters being leaked is huge.
That's why I think that the fact that it was up there by mistake, and that they did make her take it down, is actually even more telling...

I dunno what's going to happen, but I hope my prediction is correct. I also hope that this potential "leak" at the very least convinces Sakurai to post an update regarding Krystal sooner, rather than later. We have already waited longer than fans of the other popular newcomers did for their character...
seems logical enough to me... you could, of course, be a little optomistic just because you WANT a krystal update...

I'm personally not feeling a character update of any kind for a little bit but who knows.

Krystal FTW!!!

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
seems logical enough to me... you could, of course, be a little optomistic just because you WANT a krystal update...

I'm personally not feeling a character update of any kind for a little bit but who knows.

Krystal FTW!!!
the Ike, Diddy, and Dedede fans just kept on hoping, and being optimistic; didn't seem to hurt them any.

I do want an update and I hope this turns out the same way as those fans with their respective characters... but I was trying to rationalize a bit too

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

Krystal FTW!!!
I feel the exact oppisite, halloween is comeing up, I bet they give us a character update as a treat, even if they dont celebrate it as much in japan.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I feel the exact oppisite, halloween is comeing up, I bet they give us a character update as a treat, even if they dont celebrate it as much in japan.
it's not just that they don't celebrate it, but their haloween type holiday doesn't even fall on the same day.

if they give us a haloween type update, it would be solely for us and I don't think sakurai is going to put America above japan like that

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
okay why not.... it's honest.

I don't see many other possibilities for haloween themed updates... though, as always, any day they decide to announce Krystal as a PC is good enough for me. So, here's hopin'.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
okay let's not get into a big, tangential debate that lasts 3 pages, but:
Ashley's theme doesn't proove much at all. It seems to me that there are going to be LOTS of music options in brawl and her theme just happens to be one of the more memorable from Wario Ware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom