• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
awesome, a girl who plays smash, more power to you!
My only rival in Smash...and every other game was a girl...

Until we got in a big fight about something and I lost her as a friend...I lost a lot more than that but it's best not to go into that

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Or, you know, you could just not limit yourself to female characters.

I mean, I agree that Brawl could use a bit more diversity in the gender department, but it's okay to play as someone who has different equipment than you. My best friend, who happens to be male, literally only plays as Peach.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or, you know, you could just not limit yourself to female characters.

I mean, I agree that Brawl could use a bit more diversity in the gender department, but it's okay to play as someone who has different equipment than you. My best friend, who happens to be male, literally only plays as Peach.
I mostly play as Samus in Multi-Melee and Mewtwo in 1 Vs 1 Melee...

I'm male and Mewtwo is the only Male that I play

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
yeah, while I definitely think there should be more girl characters, is really just whoever you feel most skilled playing as, regardless of your gender in RL. I'm a guy, but I played as both Fox and Shiek as my mains

I'd definitely main Krystal when she's announced cause I know she'll be a good character

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I mostly play as Samus in Multi-Melee and Mewtwo in 1 Vs 1 Melee...

I'm male and Mewtwo is the only Male that I play
Good, good. Samus is probably the least used female character too, so props for that. Though, once Brawl comes out, that may change. . . .

To be honest though, I'm not rooting for Krystal too much. I just don't really like anything about her as a character, in particular. Of the four SF characters that are speculated to get in (Fox, Falco and Wolf of course being the other three), I'd have to say that Krystal's at the bottom of my wishlist.

*busts out his Goron tunic in preparation of the flames*

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Good, good. Samus is probably the least used female character too, so props for that. Though, once Brawl comes out, that may change. . . .

To be honest though, I'm not rooting for Krystal too much. I just don't really like anything about her as a character, in particular. Of the four SF characters that are speculated to get in (Fox, Falco and Wolf of course being the other three), I'd have to say that Krystal's at the bottom of my wishlist.

*busts out his Goron tunic in preparation of the flames*
nah, everyone's entitled to their own opinion

for example, I never liked Falco all that much. As far as space animals go, I like his mammalian counterparts better. Thus, for me I'd have Fox and two newcomers (Wolf and Krystal) as the representatives from SF

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Loosing your rival stops your motivation from anything...

When I lost my rival in sports I stopped playing serious sports until this day

When I lost my Halo/ Smash Rival I havn't played very much because no one can defeat me...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Mm at least this thread stays alive even with out me throwing fuel into the embers.

Glad to see that.

I'm still waiting, and I'm hoping it will go by quicker since I'm going to start playing World of Warcraft again and getting my hands on a copy of Final Fantasy 12 finally...

And with the thing of using female characters. I'm known for using them exclusively. I like having an agile character which is usually females like in other fighting games.

-Onyx

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The Ridley thread already passed this one in views XD

But do you lot think fox will be slowed down? and if he is would Krystal be as fast as he was in melee?

FoxxehRoxxeh

Smash Journeyman
In the R.I.D.L.E.Y. Sniper Lookout, Sniping Ridley
Krystal can't match up to the ownage that is Ridley, of course your ahead in Views.

And Fox will be slowed down a little, Sakurai won't nerf the shine by making it a lot slower, he made the shine the way he likes it, and besides, what about the non competitive people, who use the shine for what it was intended for?

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Well, in light of this, I think it fitting to insert a song.

"We all are caught in the middle of one large, treacherous riddle. Can I trust you? Can you trust me too?"

With that out of the way, I suppose it fitting to depart with this. Krystal for Brawl?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I don't know if the news was spread here, or if everyone already knows, but Nintendo is having a press event on Wednesday, September 5th (THIS WEEK!!!) where, reportedly, they will be showcasing/discussing games in their lineup from now till December. We're hoping that Brawl would be in, but what do you all think? New trailer, new gameplay footage, new character confirmation (like, I dunno, KRYSTAL) or, god help us... A PLAYABLE DEMO!? ::scream::

I personally would wet myself if we got a new character or trailer at the event, especially if they involve Krystal or Ridley.

And because apparently its required now, I'm cool with....

FUUURRRRIIIIIEEEESSSS!!! (shakes fist)

Krystal for Brawl

Vali

Smash Ace
I don't know if the news was spread here, or if everyone already knows, but Nintendo is having a press event on Wednesday, September 5th (THIS WEEK!!!) where, reportedly, they will be showcasing/discussing games in their lineup from now till December.
Is that "'til the end of December" or "'til the end of November" sort of December? 'Cause I believe Smash comes out on the 3rd of Dec and so if it's the latter then it could just be a brilliant ploy to get our hopes up and dash them on the day :(. I can honestly just see them releasing all of the Brawl info over the Dojo, but then again a major press release for a character or 2 wouldn't be bad marketing either.

*looks around*

FUUUURRRRRRIIIIIIESSS! *shakes fist*

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Is that "'til the end of December" or "'til the end of November" sort of December? 'Cause I believe Smash comes out on the 3rd of Dec and so if it's the latter then it could just be a brilliant ploy to get our hopes up and dash them on the day :(. I can honestly just see them releasing all of the Brawl info over the Dojo, but then again a major press release for a character or 2 wouldn't be bad marketing either.

*looks around*

FUUUURRRRRRIIIIIIESSS! *shakes fist*
Good point, hadn't really thought of that... well here's hoping that there is something for Brawl on Wednesday, and if not, there's still E For All.

I still don't see why Brawl wouldn't make an appearance, apart from Reggie and the guys at Nintendo wanting us to suffer more like we did after the lack of Brawl presence at a couple big events this year.

*fingers crossed*

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
they did say a major event for games like brawl would appear within a few months of E3, and i suppose this is it. but on the gonintendo site, sega and capcom also had one, and i didn't see any info for the first one (it was on the 31st, i think) so who knows?

krystal for brawl

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Oh man, I gotta look into that stuff... September 5th huh? Nice.

I don't know if they will show that much. But maybe just some game play footage since theres no real "trailer". Just some good game play footage would do.

Wanna see her design... pretty bad..

-Onyx

Sinn

Smash Lord
Capcom actually already had theirs, and I think the main "NEWS" that came out of it was that they're going to have three brand new game projects announced at TSG. I think that if Nintendo DOES have a huge Smash Spectacle, it would be the perfect time to have a new short trailer with Sonic appearing at the end...or at least a strong hint of him appearing at the end even some text and a sound effect. I still think Krystal will get updated in a normal update if they have her. Maybe even tomorrow!

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Wanna see her design... pretty bad..
-Onyx
Well really, she's onle been in three games so far I believe, so either her Assault or her Adventures look, or some combination of the two. The assault is newer, but it's less original, so I'd rather see the adventures look..
I see her something like this: link[/img]

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Capcom actually already had theirs, and I think the main "NEWS" that came out of it was that they're going to have three brand new game projects announced at TSG. I think that if Nintendo DOES have a huge Smash Spectacle, it would be the perfect time to have a new short trailer with Sonic appearing at the end...or at least a strong hint of him appearing at the end even some text and a sound effect. I still think Krystal will get updated in a normal update if they have her. Maybe even tomorrow!
Some thing like...

Regular game play footage of the CPUS have FFA with 4 characters for a few minutes. And at the end when no one is expecting it.. The fight stops and syncs with a real cutscene. Everyone stops and turns to the side and sees a blue blur coming toward them (Whoosh!)
*End Movie*

That would be pretty cool.. MOAR NEW KARACTARS!

Edit:
Well really, she's onle been in three games so far I believe, so either her Assault or her Adventures look, or some combination of the two. The assault is newer, but it's less original, so I'd rather see the adventures look..
I see her something like this...
Wow thats a pretty good shop, where did you find that? I don't think it would end up like that, but its a nice picture.

-Onyx

Cenedar

Smash Ace
****, that's an awesome picture. That's a good look, a nice blend of her two looks from Adventures and Assault.... and she has her staff, of course. Not having it would be cruel and unusual...

>.> <.< >.>

FURIIIIIEEEESSSSS!!! (shakes fist)

Krystal for Brawl!

Sinn

Smash Lord
I too think that design is most awesome. Think they'd do something like that? Something like her original outfit, but more...sci-fi looking?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Now when I look at the renders and the picture.

Not too hard of a job, I mean it would take time but its not that difficult.

Great job on rebuilding her torso and getting the cloths on her body right.

-Onyx

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I wish I could model 3d stuff too. He just photoshopped it.. or used whatever programs that he used.

He just cut out the gun she had, re did her fur where it was needed, recolored the suit, rebuilt her torso. And placed the staff in her arms.

Or atleast I think he did.

Bored Edit:
Krystal - I read once somewhere before that Sakurai was astounded by the popularity Star Fox had as a series, and that’s partially why he decided Fox would get a clone in Falco when he had to go ahead and make clone characters in Melee. This time around he wants to keep the fans of Star Fox happy still, and supposedly was asking questions about Krystal the Fox to eager gamers. I don’t know how definite what he said is what I’m saying here, but I heard that he essentially asked who she was, why they liked her, if they would like to see her, and how cool would it be to see her with that staff of hers. He was very intrigued by her after the E3 trailer was first shown, and journalists began throwing him ideas.
Smile every time I read that..

-Onyx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom