• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kentucky Brawl Power Rankings: PR is officially up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
May I suggest we also add a mini bio of each power ranked player?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
You main a character with bad MUs.

It will happen.

Happens to me all the time. Deal with it, get a secondary or a new main. Its 2012.

I agree with you though. That tournament should be counted (based off of what I know)
waht. I don't even know what kind of advice you're trying to give me. I didn't drop a single set in Bracket that day, despite having DDD picked on me as well as having to play on my two worst stages (Smashville and FD) all day. The point is that discounting that tourney because of the ruleset favoring some character (which are not mine) or no one taking it seriously (I guess people only pick DDD in friendlies) is silly. To be fair, my win vs Kero that day was from him having to go home, so that's totally illegit.

Tech, I get the feeling that you think I'm bad or something. Please don't tell me you have a preformed opinion of me because I'm an HM on this PR. That's because of my attendance.
You go to tournies and don't even enter. :|
Smash is primarily a social thing to me, I hate to say it. The competition comes second.
We are not doing a basketball theme, because I said so.
You can be Anthony Davis tho.
S2 you're bad at drawing so you do not qualify as a panelist for a smash brothers power ranking.

Have a nice day.
ugh you got me.
Ralph can be the basketball
Yes.

Mister Eric for Tubby Smith 2012.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I know it's a bad mu, but is it so bad that you would risk playing that mu in a tourney/set that mattered or one that you really wanted to win? o-o

What's The Point

Smash Master
Unless the D3 is doing the infinite, which I wouldn't expect from some guy just picking D3 because it's DK, it's not so bad. Would be around ROB level. It's definitely not near Wolf or Wario levels of counterpickness.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
I did it against S2 at the tourney he mentioned. I don't play D3 at all, nor did I use the infinite. I won that set.

And keep in mind that D3 is also stupid easy to play in addition to counterpicking DK hard.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I did it against S2 at the tourney he mentioned. I don't play D3 at all, nor did I use the infinite. I won that set.

And keep in mind that D3 is also stupid easy to play in addition to counterpicking DK hard.
You took that set? O-o

I didn't drop a single set in Bracket that day

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Unless the D3 is doing the infinite, which I wouldn't expect from some guy just picking D3 because it's DK, it's not so bad. Would be around ROB level. It's definitely not near Wolf or Wario levels of counterpickness.
You'd still say that when considering the baby step?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Ralph, that was in pools. Also johns because SP knows exactly how I play so counterpicking actually works for him. Me and him both know that if it ever comes down to a counterpicking match, I'll win with one of my legit various jank characters :mad:.

I'm not even going to start talking about the DK:D3 match-up. Because obviously as a long time DK main as well as the DK boards moderator, this isn't my discussion.
dk wins for free

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The thing with that tournament S2 is that, based on what you're saying, NO ONE went their main or secondary against you. If they're not using their main or secondary, then either A) everyone thinks they're better than you enough to where they can use DDD in a seriously legit match to win against you... or B) They were taking the tournament as a joke and just did it for fun.

Also considering the fact that placements don't matter at all when compared to who you beat... It'd be really hard to put that into rankings considering the fact that they're using a character that they're WAY less skilled with compared to their mains when they play against you. :/.

Just my thoughts.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
DeDeDe is broken though. People go D3 against me all the time when they don't even main him.

Sure, they lose most the time, but it happens.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
The thing with that tournament S2 is that, based on what you're saying, NO ONE went their main or secondary against you. If they're not using their main or secondary, then either A) everyone thinks they're better than you enough to where they can use DDD in a seriously legit match to win against you... or B) They were taking the tournament as a joke and just did it for fun.

Also considering the fact that placements don't matter at all when compared to who you beat... It'd be really hard to put that into rankings considering the fact that they're using a character that they're WAY less skilled with compared to their mains when they play against you. :/.

Just my thoughts.

This was pretty much what I was thinking, but i'm not really good at trying to say what i'm thinking. >_<

Also I don't think he meant everyone went D3 on him. I think he was trying to say that since some people chose D3 on him that meant that they were trying.

Judo777

Smash Master
But.....Kel's D3 is really good, so you cant just say his wins dont matter, that is Kel's legit CP vs DK because DK does really well against Marth.

And No screw that. You basically just jphned for everyone at the tourney saying "if they didn't play their main they were obviously sandbagging."

And that was the best prize for a tourney ever (except the blimpie giftcard I got was for a store that went out of business before the tourney started).

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
He was saying if they didn't play the character yet they still chose that character then they were sandbagging lol. Also I'm pretty sure he was meaning that the wins vs people who don't play D3 wouldn't be all too credible. =p

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
What really counts as a win, or serious tournament, is if there was actual money on the line, if there isn't, then it's not a legit tournament. A gift card and a shirt for prizes? Does that mean I get to use my anime con tournament results?

:phone:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Potential panelists,
We need order. I suggest we schedule a meeting and work some things out -- some structured guidelines to running this PR. I'm going to throw out a day and time and we can work with it as needed.

Wednesday, July 25th
5:00 PM

Let me know if this is a convenient time. If not, post one.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm not even meaning for this to be the actual discussion of who will be ranked what. Just to get some things straight. We spend too much time talking and not enough doing.
New time:
Wednesday, July 25th
8:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom