• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kentucky Brawl Power Rankings: PR is officially up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
Tyrannochu would indeed wreak havoc on this PR.

And we are indeed Ralph. I guess I'm more asking about the people who said they'd like to in here, but not on the SiiS thread. Like Sold2.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So Roller, I didn't realize that I had already met Tyrannochu like twice until last tournament lol.

And yes Tyrannochu should replace you guys' #4. Seems about right to me.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah Roller I'll put aside some money specifically to mm you. I was wanting to do a ton of mms but I've been struck with some unfortunate circumstances and I'm unsure if I'll be able to afford them all.

Like not that I can lose or anything, I just don't want to be an inconsiderate prick. It's not like I'm on the PR anyways.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You never know.

Although, after witnessing the amazing level of skill demonstrated on the Juice tournament livestream this weekend by pretty much every player on there...we're all pretty mediocre at this game by comparison right now, and by pretty...I mean really mediocre.

Skill debate is settled.

How often do you all practice anyway, and how do you usually practice? Just curious.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I try to practice whenever I can. Which if I practice with Greenup it's usually just on the weekends, & we're just passing the controllers depending on who lost. I also try wifi whenever my internet is looking good. Aside from that I can really practice by myself for some reason. >_>

Also yeah I definately know what you mean lol. That was a great livestream.

Roller

Smash Legend
Sold, let's just do a cheap one then, like a dollar or two. You should get as many MMs in as possible at this. The experience is too valuable.

Don't worry, with just a buck on the line, I'll kick your butt just as hard. :yeahboi:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Tech chase is apparently too stupid to understand sarcasm. You're as gay as you are ********. :)

Who cares about this game? Being good at this game doesn't mean anything to anyone but the few people who still play it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Tech chase is apparently too stupid to understand sarcasm. You're as gay as you are ********. :)

Who cares about this game? Being good at this game doesn't mean anything to anyone but the few people who still play it.
I do, the coasts/Japan/Europe/Texas/Florida do, and apparently you still do to some degree if you're hanging out on Smashboards. Just because the Midwest in general is pathetically inactive and underskilled in comparison to the rest of the scene doesn't mean that no one else cares about this game. People give up and stop caring too easily around here when they hit a plateau, it's sad. Psh...I said **** the solo maining of a mid tier garbage mindset and picked a better primary character to develop. Everyone has a natural plateau at some point, but for the most part you can still influence how high that is.

Juice's MK banned event was incredibly hype and successful, and really drives me to spread the word and replicate that kind of experience in any way possible.

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
And if by few you mean the 500+ (possibly over 600) players attending Apex on an international level, or the fact that a tournament as huge as Apex 2012 is even being organized...yep, no one cares anymore. Not at all.

@Ralph- That's good, at least you're getting some kind of practice in. Do you practice specific or matchup related things with your character? Or perfecting the timing and execution of techniques? All of that can be done even while playing alone. A solid half hour of repetition and drills with your character can help so much with consistency and performing everything will become second nature, leaving your mind free to focus more on your opponent in tournament instead.

:phone:

ForwardAirRage!

Smash Journeyman
I still care... :(.
and its really hard to practice when everyone is so scattered...and busy.
and when ur wii is broken, im pretty much screwed.
id like to get better though.

Roller

Smash Legend
We have a couple smashfests a week in AA. I play with scrubs in my hall when they ask. Play a 99 stock match vs a cpu with MK virtually every weekday between classes to practice gimping and whatnot (trying to pick him up as a legit secondary), And spend at least 30 minutes practicing chaingrabs (most days).

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah I usually just play vs lvl 3s, & just screw around on every stage. My main problem is mu knowledge, which i'm gonna start playing more wifi just to learn some. It's pretty much why i'm going to try to get as many MMs, & friendlies in at SIIS.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Lexi holds smashfests about every Saturday somewhere. SP, TTar, sometimes Judo, and I pretty much always show up when SP has one at his apartment. That's our practice. I don't have a wii so that's all I get to play, except the few occasions I go to tourneys.

Also the juice stream really wasn't impressive. I unfortunately started vomiting and things so I didn't watch it past like 7 PM EST, so maybe things picked up after that. All I remember is that doubles and that 1 stock tournament was really bad.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I'd care about the game if there were more tourneys around here. Honestly, I haven't touched Brawl since BitH5. The only thing that keeps me going to tournaments is the community really. Since the community is dying, though, I am on the verge of quitting :/

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

I suppose blondes aren't any better of grasping sarcasm as well.

:bee:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
*****, I'm blonde and proud. Get at me.

Wait...what were we talking about? jk xD

I still care about the game, it's just annoying hosting smashfests and having none of Lex show up. :/
Especially when I have a live Pikachu to take care of here. :D

I practice every now and then, the only person I play on wifi really is a Wah-rio from MI actually and he's one of my best pals. Also Kel and I play occasionally, he just makes me hate falco. lmao
Also I was at Apex last year, I don't remember it being anywhere NEAR 500. lol. Also that silly stage rule is preventing me from wanting to go. :/ But I wanna hang out with peeps.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
This Apex is going to be way bigger. What silly stage rule do you mean? The no Rainbow/Brinstar thing?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Also the juice stream really wasn't impressive. I unfortunately started vomiting and things so I didn't watch it past like 7 PM EST, so maybe things picked up after that. All I remember is that doubles and that 1 stock tournament was really bad.
Bolded. I didn't see much of singles but play during doubles and 1 stock was really bad.

And Kass, I would really like to come over, the last couple (or was it only 1) time I did it was super fun, but like there's 0 way me or TTar could get a ride there, especially now that I don't have a car. Really we'd have to grab a ride with SP, and I won't fault him if he doesn't want to drive across the city for a smashfest. I think TTar might start driving sometime, though.

Edit: Also Kass don't let a stage rule prevent you from going to a tourney. That's a really terrible reason not to go.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Infern, why are you in this thread? Shouldn't you be busy looking at Y.b.M.'s back?

Eh, I don't know. It really depends. I mean if I'm going to travel to a tournament, I'd like for my two best stages to be on. There are some people who I'd like to see though. :X
Also the tournament is in January. O_o So like a car trip would be pretty dangerous because I know there will be snow.
Oh S2 you need to find a way here, so we can play Mario Party and you can see my chinchilla! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom