• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I missed a debate lol. I believe because I have a personal relationship with God. If anyone believes in God for any other reason, then they are missing the point. I serve a God that is very real, loves you, and wants to have a real relationship with you.

Honestly, no one can convince me that God doesn't exist no more than they could convince me that Illinois doesn't exist. I have seen many miracles, God moves in my life on a daily bases, and the Holy Spirit has came into my soul.

I know that sounds like a bunch of crazy talk. But this is such a big deal to me that it seriously brings me to tears when I talk about it. When I asked Jesus into my life, something happened. Something big. When the holy spirit entered the disicples, the Bible says there was a sound lke the blowing of a violent wind from heaven and what seemed to be tongues of fire came to rest on them.

I can't describe the feeling I had when I asked Jesus to come into my life, but what the disciples saw in person, I felt inside of me. I don't know why anyone would ever do drugs after having that experience. At college I saw someone get offered pot, and he said "If it can't take as high as the Holy Spirit does, then I don't want it."

It's impossible to explain. But if you have seen what I have, then there is no question that there is a God. Ask just about any Christian "when did you give your life to Jesus?", and then ask "what did it feel like?". Most Christians (though not all because many people never "turned to God", and they have always believed) will tell you something similar to what I have said.

Also, don't give your life to God to have some "feeling or experience." It will not work. The comforting feeling you get is a gift from the Holy Spirit and is by no means the purpose of giving your life to God. You give your life to God because you want to turn from sin, serve God, and have a personal relationship with him. And no other reason.

I don't really enjoy talking about anything beyond that. I wish people would just believe me and sincerely confess there sins ask Jesus to come into their life. Instantly, you will feel the presence of God. I cannot prove it to you any other way. Proof of God comes through a personal relationship with him.

With all that said, I cannot prove that Jesus was the Son of God through Science or History. But I also don't believe that it is irrational to believe in Jesus. Scientist do not know what could have caused the big bag. They do not know if cells were formed from non-living matter, or even if it is possible for them too. We are pretty sure that good mutations happen, but we do not know if mutations, by themselves, are enough to explain everything we see today.

You believe that all matter was created from a big bang, although you do not know what caused it. You believe that cells developed from non-living matter, but it has never been done in a lab. You believe that the cell mutation is enough to explain all the extremely complex life on Earth. Even though most organs are dependant on other organs, and seem to be been created all at once instead of in small mutation steps. And then you go on to say that you KNOW all this happened without God. You my friend, have a lot more faith than me.
Stop feeding the troll Zoze u fell for the trap!!

Akashi

Smash Lord
@Raid: F*cking <3333333 you for having a One Piece avatar:D. Also Melinda and I won't make MAS... it's a hectic weekend for us, and she's moving out of her dorm on Sat and I don't want to go without her :/.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Lol Akashi I texted raid like 5 seconds before i saw your post to tell him how awesome his avatar is XD

Raid

Smash Cadet
@ Akashi and Moozle <333333333 One Piece!! (hums tune to Bink's Sake)

akashi you and melinda bettter be at the next tourney!! =D

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Watch chu know bout my avy yo!!!

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

<3 BO!

EDIT: I might not make it to Kirk's today. Ride Johnz!!! :(

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I missed a debate lol. I believe because I have a personal relationship with God. If anyone believes in God for any other reason, then they are missing the point. I serve a God that is very real, loves you, and wants to have a real relationship with you.

Honestly, no one can convince me that God doesn't exist no more than they could convince me that Illinois doesn't exist. I have seen many miracles, God moves in my life on a daily bases, and the Holy Spirit has came into my soul.

I know that sounds like a bunch of crazy talk. But this is such a big deal to me that it seriously brings me to tears when I talk about it. When I asked Jesus into my life, something happened. Something big. When the holy spirit entered the disicples, the Bible says there was a sound lke the blowing of a violent wind from heaven and what seemed to be tongues of fire came to rest on them.

I can't describe the feeling I had when I asked Jesus to come into my life, but what the disciples saw in person, I felt inside of me. I don't know why anyone would ever do drugs after having that experience. At college I saw someone get offered pot, and he said "If it can't take as high as the Holy Spirit does, then I don't want it."

It's impossible to explain. But if you have seen what I have, then there is no question that there is a God. Ask just about any Christian "when did you give your life to Jesus?", and then ask "what did it feel like?". Most Christians (though not all because many people never "turned to God", and they have always believed) will tell you something similar to what I have said.

Also, don't give your life to God to have some "feeling or experience." It will not work. The comforting feeling you get is a gift from the Holy Spirit and is by no means the purpose of giving your life to God. You give your life to God because you want to turn from sin, serve God, and have a personal relationship with him. And no other reason.

I don't really enjoy talking about anything beyond that. I wish people would just believe me and sincerely confess there sins ask Jesus to come into their life. Instantly, you will feel the presence of God. I cannot prove it to you any other way. Proof of God comes through a personal relationship with him.

With all that said, I cannot prove that Jesus was the Son of God through Science or History. But I also don't believe that it is irrational to believe in Jesus. Scientist do not know what could have caused the big bag. They do not know if cells were formed from non-living matter, or even if it is possible for them too. We are pretty sure that good mutations happen, but we do not know if mutations, by themselves, are enough to explain everything we see today.

You believe that all matter was created from a big bang, although you do not know what caused it. You believe that cells developed from non-living matter, but it has never been done in a lab. You believe that the cell mutation is enough to explain all the extremely complex life on Earth. Even though most organs are dependant on other organs, and seem to be been created all at once instead of in small mutation steps. And then you go on to say that you KNOW all this happened without God. You my friend, have a lot more faith than me.
:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Wayyyy too long, so I'm not going to bother to read it because I know you're wrong.

edit: :colorful:

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I ****ing hate Metra. I was supposed to arrive at Ogdiville (however the **** you spell that ******** station downtown) at 8:25 and transfer to my other train at 8:30. My ****ing train arrived at 8:40 and the next train leaves at 10:30.

IMAD!!!
Luckily my friend is saving the day and picking me up soon. And also I'm lucky there's free wifi in the area.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Lmao, poor Xyless. **** the Metra. :p

So glad my friend picked me up. Also glad my friends hooked me up with some Smirnoff, I'm drunk again. :3

Top Bottom