• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
"my tournament results were better"

They were barely better and it was in situations where you out-placed them solely because they ran into tougher opponents earlier than you. It doesn't matter if you get 13th and they get 17th at one tourney since they're pretty much the same. It's who you beat that counts the most.

When I outplaced Kappy, he lost to Corms, whom I almost always beat in bracket.

When I outplaced Meneil, she lost to Wafles, whom I beat last time I fought him (in pools, and I've beaten him in almost every friendly since).

You say that I placed "barely better" than them, but there have only been 5 tournaments. And they both only went to 4. That means I beat one of them out in half of the tournaments we attended. It sounds reasonably considerable to me.

While it's true I haven't pulled any "upsets" this time around (it's kinda tough when there are only 5 tournaments and I'm switching mains left and right), I think that it's a bit stupid to put more emphasis on upsets than on tournament placings in a power ranking thread, in any circumstance.

I really don't want to sound pissy, but I'd really like to show up SOMEWHERE on this list. I know I was mediocre this time around, but I think I at least deserve an HM spot.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I don't appreciate the subtle jabs DLA. I beat you in bracket last year at PnT >:O
Oh really? Sorry lol, I'll change it.

I'm not trying to offend anyone BTW... I'm just stating tournament results :(

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
7FO's dream is now accomplished. He finally made PR, lol. AND I'M BACK ON YES.

Meneil beat Bo and came very close to beating M2K in LT.
eh, That was Mario. I never use him in bracket now.. lol.. But yea, she's legit. :D

Quik17

Smash Ace
I think that it's a bit stupid to put more emphasis on upsets than on tournament placings in a power ranking thread, in any circumstance.
Placings don't matter in this situation since the placings were pretty much determined by bracket seeding...

Although it was super close call on what to do with you. Me and Veggie wanted you on HM. Arty + Akashi had you off the list, and ook + kirk(?) were undecided.

This shouldn't be that serious though. There were only 9 consistent player this time around so being an HM doesn't mean too much. (No offense to Kappy and Meneil :))

Edit: 7FO is too good!!!!!

Edit 2:
eh, That was Mario.
No Mario johns! :D

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I blame Quik for everything that has come up in this recent update.... So all blame should go to that twin... =p

<3 Arty

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
i'm so offended right now that i'm tempted to turn vegetarian. i won't forgive you ever DLA, EVER.

edit: QUIK, don't give away our trade secrets omg.

Scythe

Smash Master
Placings don't matter in this situation since the placings were pretty much determined by bracket seeding...

Although it was super close call on what to do with you. Me and Veggie wanted you on HM. Arty + Akashi had you off the list, and ook + kirk(?) were undecided.

This shouldn't be that serious though. There were only 9 consistent player this time around so being an HM doesn't mean too much. (No offense to Kappy and Meneil :))

Edit: 7FO is too good!!!!!

Edit 2:

No Mario johns! :D
lol shouldn't you not be telling us who voted what?
now dla will assassinate arty and akashi

oh well even if you edit it now i'll have it in this post mwhahaha

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh

I just explained how our placings WEREN'T determined by our seeding though.... statistically, I would have beaten both of the players that they lost to in the tournaments in which I outplaced them. And if that doesn't tip it in my favor, I'm not sure what would.

I don't know what the big deal is... I've been on the PRs for the past 3 or 4 updates, I don't know why there are 2 new players who actually did worse than me in this update. If you guys are seriously refusing to put me in an HM slot then we seriously have a problem

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
No offense taken, Quik :D I know HM isn't really that big of a deal, I just wanted to get on the PR (HM included). It lets me know I'm actually improving XD Now that I've gotten on the PR, I'm just going to use HM as that "You're almost Top 10" message and help me get myself to 10th place next update!

Quik17

Smash Ace
I just explained how our placings WEREN'T determined by our seeding though.... statistically
No you didn't. You just said:

"Kappy lost to veggie and i never lose to Veggie" in which veggie corrected you on
and "Meneil lost to Wafles and I beat Wafles in POOLS and FRIENDLIES"

You can't say you would have beaten good players like them because you haven't been playing too well these past few months because of the "main switching" like you said

I don't know what the big deal is
haha it's not a big deal at all. You're the one making it a big deal.
Although I would really like the other panelists(ook / akashi / arty) to state their opinion on this since I was the main person that actually wanted to put you on HM and I am one of the only ones defending this decision.....

If you guys are seriously refusing to put me in an HM slot then we seriously have a problem
Not sure how to respond to this... The 6 of us can talk about this in the PR room to see what to do...

Back to studying for finals :mad:, wasted too much time, I'll check back into this thread in 30 min. or so.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Please don't tell who voted what~_~ because it's taken out of context. I didn't vote against DLA because I thought Meneil/Kappy would be enough people for HM, I voted against DLA because we were taking out the 10th spot since it was a tie. If Kappy/Meneil had 10th, I would want you in HM, DLA. Considering that wasn't an option, we opted to put the 10th tie as the HM. That's all I'm going to say on how we debated, and I'm not going to say why people voted in the way that they did.

Related: I'm happy with 5th, I feel very humbled :]

Quik17

Smash Ace
Forgot to add:

PRs cause too much useless drama...

Edit: @Akashi - I just wanted to let DLA know how close the decision was so he wouldn't make such a big deal out of it....

Akashi

Smash Lord
It's alright Quik, no offense taken. Next time I would like it if was kept personal until the panelists are ok with sharing their vote :<. At least me that is, I can't talk for anyone else

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Mwhahaah my 2000th post Cormzzzzzzzz

Arty and Quik suck at Melee

I can beat Kels I just sandbag to make him feel better

Kirk2gud

DLA mad

Go Diego Go!!!!!!

DK knows what's up.

Thread needs more z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-Zwarm

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
it's cool quik most of us understand what you tried to do, don't worry about it. i'd like to quell any tension before people start feeling uncomfortable.

i'll talk to people again and we'll see what happens. just saying this now though, we will probably never ever change a list once it's released until next the update. this happens to be a very rare exception.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
No you didn't. You just said:

"Kappy lost to veggie and i never lose to Veggie" in which veggie corrected you on
and "Meneil lost to Wafles and I beat Wafles in POOLS and FRIENDLIES"

You can't say you would have beaten good players like them because you haven't been playing too well these past few months because of the "main switching" like you said
Well veggie corrected me by reminding me he beat me in a PnT... I'm pretty sure it was April last year. I don't even think I was ON the PRs in April... and I've beaten him every time since (I think I've fought him 3 more times in brackets since then).

As far as Wafles goes... sure, pools aren't as big of a deal as bracket, but when that (and numerous friendlies) is pretty much all we have to go off of, then I think it's fair to say that statistically, I would likely beat him in brackets.

haha it's not a big deal at all. You're the one making it a big deal.
Although I would really like the other panelists(ook / akashi / arty) to state their opinion on this since I was the main person that actually wanted to put you on HM and I am one of the only ones defending this decision.....
What I'm saying is that it wouldn't be a big deal to add another HM slot... obviously it's kind of a big deal to me if I'm actually arguing this much about it. I'm a man of principles :p

Also, I'm wondering how you and Corms got overturned if you guys "wanted" me in HMs while Arty and Akashi only "had me off their list". They obviously felt a bit more strongly about it if they overruled the leader of the panelists + the only other person who gives enough of a **** to answer questions about the PR.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
****it stop posting I can't keep up!!!!

Y'all should put me in the PR group. I'm totally unbiased but still know everyone's performance. Plus I'm just amazing.

I also forgot,

BOX 7 johns too much

Xyless spends too much time playing SSF4 and taunting and living in MI now.

Kain 2 gud, he will own that scrub Arty.

Quik talks about **** he shouldn't.

Tano is sooooooo biased, kick him out :p

I can beat Kappy/Meneil in VBrawl still, give me #10 to make DLA more mad. :D

To back that up, Kappy 1$ MM at Kirk's bo3

Quik17

Smash Ace
@DLA - I agreed in the end. As you can see I still had good reasons why you shouldn't be an HM.

Oro is scared of Melee Ganon and has to pick Sheik :)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Quik I will do an extremely lopsided MM for you. 5$ MM in Melee, I have to beat your Ganon with Fox, Marth, Sheik, Falco, Falcon, Jiggz. You just have to beat 2 to win.

Top Bottom