• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Scythe

Smash Master
Arty is planning on staying the night at Kirk's as far as i know, which means i have to as well lol

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm about 75% sure I can drive this weekend.

Also...

The "a-" in atheist means "without"...... not "zero" or "none".

And "ism" doesn't necessarily mean "belief"; the strongest definition is "state or condition". So atheism is the state of being without a god. Not an active belief.

If the "atheism" WAS an active belief, then most atheists would disavow themselves from the title and form another, clearer word. Since godlessness is the natural state of the world (only humans have a concept of a deity, and they aren't even born with it; it's introduced to them by their culture), then we don't have to "believe" that gods don't exist. We just ignore religion in our concept of the world.

Quik17

Smash Ace
uggghhh, I've seen that video WAY too many times..

Also, power rankings will be updated today or whenever Dark Kakashi gets back on.
Hype?

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Woo! HM! :D Now I just have to work really hard and try and get into the top 10 for the next update!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I don't think Kappy or Meneil placed higher than me at any tournament during this PR... and a few people on the list only entered 2 or 3 Vbrawl tournaments...

So I'm not on the list at all?

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Don't shoot the messenger.. aka me.

I just posted what the panelists agreed on.

I am sure they will come on and explain their decisions.

Quik17

Smash Ace
I don't think Kappy or Meneil placed higher than me at any tournament during this PR... and a few people on the list only entered 2 or 3 Vbrawl tournaments...

So I'm not on the list at all?
It was tough to figure out what to do with the 3 of you. We were originally gonna just have top 9 with no HMs since the 3 of you haven't really placed too well in any tournament but since Kappy and Meneil both beat someone notable in bracket, we added them to HMs.

2 tournaments is what qualifies you for discussion considering there wasn't much tournies in IL for this PR (only 5).

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
So they got in over me even though my tournament results were better than theirs? I'm not gonna lie, that's really lame

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Realistically, placings can only say so much. After the top 10, placings can be and usually are heavily influenced by bracket seeding. So it's common to see people fluctuating between 9th-17th. And that's exactly what you three have been doing. Here's what stood out.

Kappy beat Quik in bracket.
Meneil beat Bo and came very close to beating M2K in LT.

I haven't been going to tournaments as often as I'd like recently, but if you've also done something worth mention, please tell me.

Quik17

Smash Ace
"my tournament results were better"

They were barely better and it was in situations where you out-placed them solely because they ran into tougher opponents earlier than you. It doesn't matter if you get 13th and they get 17th at one tourney since they're pretty much the same. It's who you beat that counts the most.

@Akashi - think it should be only chars that we use to advance in bracket. List wouldn't look too legit if everyone had their lowtier mains on there

Edit: Ninjaed by Corms :mad:

Arty

Smash Lord
^^^
We're gonna make your main Roy!

Edit: We were gonna add you Oro but we all came to the conclusion that you suck at Melee

Top Bottom