• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

I think that's the issue right there is using Torrents. Its a really popular method and therefore its being watched and regulated. Then again, I have no idea how torrents really work. I still am not really sure what a torrent is ;p

Zwarm

Smash Hero
They're just downloads that take up a lot of bandwidth, which Comcast noticed, saw he was downloading a Brawl ISO, and warned him about it.

Maybe direct download the games? The only problem would be there's probably 20 parts for each game to download. :/

Oro?!

Smash Hero
when I torrented Brawl to try out Dolphin, I got a letter from Comcast calling me out on my "piracy".

:phone:
Well there are plenty of legal methods around that too, but what I meant was that once you have it on your external, and if they try to do something about it, you show the hard copy.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Kain tell me which plane you're taking and I'll buy tickets too.

Smash plane son!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
After the 29th.

Idk for sure when yet I'm buying them today tomorrow, but I'll let you know ASAP as soon as I buy them

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Welp, guess I can't go to Apex anymore. I don't have the money to register/buy a plane ticket right now, and my dad refuses to help me because he doesn't think it's worth it. Oh well, maybe next year. :c

Arty

Smash Lord
I checked some flights, and the cheapest flights into Newark, NJ are around $170.

I'm still unsure if I'm going though, I'll definitely post when I'm 100% confirmed.

Xyless

Smash Master
I'd consider Apex if I didn't have my class. And if MAGFest weren't the same month, which I might go to to meet n greet with other music guys.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Gentlemen:

:146:TC PRESENTS: WHY ILLINOIS SHOULD COME TO MY TOURNAMENT - 12/10:146:

- We have nearly 40 people confirmed for this event. Ohio/Shugo is also a very strong possibility (we'll know for sure soon)

- The overall level of competition will be pretty good. Several PRed people from MI and "inactives" have confirmed. This plays into the next point I'll make..

- Apex Ruleset: Perfect practice for those going to APEX.

- $5 Entry for the main events..and a $2 AllBrawl Side Event..meaning this entire tournament will cost you $17 MAX.

- I have perks....

[COLLAPSE="Da Extras"]:146:TC'S PERKS:146:

The Tourney Virgin's Discount: Is this your first tournament in the Southeast MI region? Well, we wanna make this special for you. We're gonna soften the blow on your wallet and take 2 bucks off your venue fee so that you only pay 3. We love seeing new faces and we want to prove it.

The Traveler's Stipend: Traveling a long way and need a little help getting here? Well TC has got you covered. With these events, we usually have extra venue cash left over, so we wanna use a portion of that to help all you folks traveling from far north, west and everywhere in between. Interested? Holler at your TO today and see what we can work out.

Just for the Veterans: My high placing veterans..don't think I forgot about you guys either! For all those who place Top 8 at this event, they will entered into a raffle towards the end of the event. The winner of the raffle gets their singles fee completely paid for by yours truly for the next Tech_Chase run tournament. It pays to aim high ;)[/COLLAPSE]

- Michigan WILL house you. We have several people willing to house you guys near the venue if you show up.

- Kain is considering going by himself...don't leave my mans hanging!

- TC misses DLA. This is the most important point.

Thank you for reading. Click the sig if you're interested.

:yeahboi:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I will be checking in periodically but if you guys get a car full or close to let me know. Where you get housed is dependent on how many you have.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Tommmmmm. Put up the videos from the last DB please. I really need them for critique... At least send them to someone who will upload them.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I wish I could go, but I'll be in Iowa to celebrate Christmas with my extended family early. Next time, hopefully!

Scythe

Smash Master
well if arthur goes i'm guessing the car is arthur, andrew, me kain and you? not sure

Top Bottom