• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Akashi

Smash Lord
gene and judes is like 250 for a dog and fries.

250 USD BRO

$250 for fries and a dog?!?!?! wtf

Nah, I should really try them out... in fact, I just may next weekend, and record it :0

edit: speaking of recording... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM4Lp0AZR0Q :D DLA vs. me, get hyped

double edit: Jacob will upload the DLA DK vs Arty Snake matches on his channel, get even MORE hyped!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
lmao that pivot grab was sick. marth is the only character in the game who could have punished that.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I still have yet to have Gene and Judes...Someone buy me some and drive it to my house?

And school starts tomorrow for me. Bleh. One more semester in Waubonsee. It's a bittersweet feeling.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
i make my return on the 3rd, are yall going to Siis? cam i get a ride?
The phrase "SiiS" is a very controversial one in IL. Some want to give them another try. Others build an uncontrollable fury of hatred as soon as the words reach their ears.

You have been warned.

tyler123

Smash Apprentice
My Wii's disk drive broke :\. I"m still showing up at the tourney though, I can just train in pools :yeahboi: After I get it fixed I'm definitely backing up brawl, and other stuff.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, BlazBlue:CS II, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, SSF4:AE, Street Fighter 3rd Strike: Online Edition, and more! Smashers are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308992
I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med. School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
wow at the giants going IN on the bears, good thing it's only pre-season
I have no faith in the bears this season. I feel like they downgraded with the trades, who they got, yada yada. That mixed with the fact that once again it's going to be no real good offense to back a good defense.

Hopefully they prove me wrong

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Aww yeah! seriously though that's a bit far.
Yup! But yeah, I looked at the distance and there is a very small part of your state that's close enough for it to not be TOO far to make it to. That's the main demographic I was trying to reach, though I'd love it if any of you guys came. :bee:
Did they Nerf the top tiers or is the game the same as Third Strike?

If so I would rather play SF4 or SF2.
It's essentially the same as 3rd Strike.

It's a perfect port.

Also how could you possibly like Street Fighter 2 more than anything.
It's actually not completely perfect. I talked to an OG player who's actually the best Oro in the nation (ThyAllMighty from California) who plays with us all the time. He said it's close, but not exactly the same.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yup! But yeah, I looked at the distance and there is a very small part of your state that's close enough for it to not be TOO far to make it to. That's the main demographic I was trying to reach, though I'd love it if any of you guys came. :bee:
It's essentially the same as 3rd Strike.

It's actually not completely perfect. I talked to an OG player who's actually the best Oro in the nation (ThyAllMighty from California) who plays with us all the time. He said it's close, but not exactly the same.
IL Smash is basically Chicagoland area, anywhere else doesn't really exist in IL. :p

And it's completely arcade perfect, he might've played the ports?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
SMOKEMAX!!!!!!!!! NO! I"VE HAD A TOURNAMENT PLANNED SINCE END OF MAY FOR SEPTEMBER 17th.

anyways, you guys did the whole free pizza thing for don't blink don't care and has inspired me to the same for IMBD. I'll be using the venue fee to buy people pizza!!!! students at uwmadison can get it much cheaper, so why the hell not, if there is leftover money , we are not sure what to do for drinks, whatz the most appealing soda to you guys???

Scythe: bears got ***** against the giants, :D, just saying

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
IL Smash is basically Chicagoland area, anywhere else doesn't really exist in IL. :p

Haha thanks for the info. But yeah, he told me VERY reliable sources have told him that it's not arcade perfect. And he personally knows, plays with, and hangs with all the guys who participated in the 3SO exhibition tournament at Evo. That being said, he says it's really close. I imagine it's sorta like how MvC2 on Dreamcast isn't arcade perfect or SF4 on 360 isn't arcade perfect, but both are really close.
SMOKEMAX!!!!!!!!! NO! I"VE HAD A TOURNAMENT PLANNED SINCE END OF MAY FOR SEPTEMBER 17th.

anyways, you guys did the whole free pizza thing for don't blink don't care and has inspired me to the same for IMBD. I'll be using the venue fee to buy people pizza!!!! students at uwmadison can get it much cheaper, so why the hell not, if there is leftover money , we are not sure what to do for drinks, whatz the most appealing soda to you guys???
Sorry dude! I don't mean to step on your tournament's toes at all. I didn't know you had a tournament on the same date. Deepest apologies :(

But I'm glad you guys are also doing free pizza and possibly drinks as well. People will appreciate it! haha. We don't really make much money either (used to be $10 venue fee AND people got free pizza plus drinks so it was hard to scrape by) but I think we all want to make our players happy so we do what we got to right? haha

But yeah, sorry that I posted in your thread with your tournament going on on that date. Hope it's a big success!

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Sheer luck, sir. You Bears fans are all the same.
And for the record, I'm not a Packers fan, either. Screw them. And the Bears. The Bears are the luckiest of teams, not one of the best. The owner needs to be sent off to a vacation 6 feet under or they'll never reach true championship caliber of a team.

FIRE LOVEY SMITH.

P.S. Unrelated to football: Norm and I have the same class at Waubonsee lol Our class is going to blow because our teacher is like a snobby student that decided to step up to the podium, say, "I'm your teacher", and constantly complains about what she hates.

shrillbert

Smash Apprentice

I'm from downstate, though not as far as that guy means. He means Cairo and Metropolis, and I've never seen anyone from down there.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
1)Sothe sucks.
2) I would rather the Bears suck and get lucky wins than suck and lose.
3)Lions are not having a winning season.
4)IL is divided into 3 areas. Chicago/burbs, Peoria/Springfield, and corn.

Smokemaxx is trying to get the corn to attend.

Top Bottom