• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Akashi

Smash Lord
Anyone able to house loki, me, and his (bro i think) or wife.. for the anime convention in chicago this weekend? we offer free **** in smash bros as a housing payment.
Ouch, that's a lot of ppl. Try asking Kappy though, MAYBE they'll have housing. Although I've heard they're housing with other people for closer commuting :/

Also Acen is this weekend, GET HYPED :D :D :D WOOT

yoshq

Smash Master
Ouch, that's a lot of ppl. Try asking Kappy though, MAYBE they'll have housing. Although I've heard they're housing with other people for closer commuting :/

i only meant me+loki+ either his bro or wife, and ok.

Zwarm

Smash Hero

No offense Tano, but every time someone needs housing, you always seem to offer Klappy, when you don't have a say in it. If Klappy wants to offer, he will, there's no reason for you to always offer up his apartment. That's not really fair to him. :/

Akashi

Smash Lord
No offense Tano, but every time someone needs housing, you always seem to offer Klappy, when you don't have a say in it. If Klappy wants to offer, he will, there's no reason for you to always offer up his apartment. That's not really fair to him. :/
Kappy always tells me to ask others to ask him, like always. I would never recommend (which I don't) anyone else if they weren't so open. The only person I could see caring would be Bryan, but that would be between Kappy and him, not me. No offense taken either

edit: Also to clarify, I always say to ask Kappy, so it's not really offering his place.

double edit: he's getting housed by a depaul person :O so it's not relevant anymore

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Masho is a wifi Sheik from the Chicago area that's actually pretty damn good. Can't say his offline exp is that great, but he's a quality player. Why?

Also, ACEN HYPE HYPE HYPE!

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Isn't Masho some random Wi-Fi guy that plays MK on Wi-Fi as well? They say that Wi-Fi players perform terribly when they go to offline tournaments

ook

Smash Lord
@sothe/chompy: This is a PR for offline tournaments. :p lol of course they have offline experience. that's kind of... intrinsic

But the point is that several of us learned most of our skills from wi-fi and started placing well even at our first offline tourneys. Wi-fi can make you good.

also masho did go to one of the screenz tourneys back in the day

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
@sothe/chompy: This is a PR for offline tournaments. :p lol of course they have offline experience. that's kind of... intrinsic

But the point is that several of us learned most of our skills from wi-fi and started placing well even at our first offline tourneys. Wi-fi can make you good.

also masho did go to one of the screenz tourneys back in the day
Ook with the god tier memory.

Akashi

Smash Lord
i've played masho alot, he could beat most of you so long as offline nerves don't get in the way. He's probably on par with my skill offline, but plays more chars. He plays rob, marth, snake, d3, sheik,fox, and samus iirc.

:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Just saturday night. would you?

and I zwarm i also never played wifi before attending offline.... (smirk)
Loooool. I totally believe you.

With you on that Zwarm. Me, Andrew, and Diego all started offline first!
Yay. I think it's because you guys could all practice together. I had Klappy to practice with during high school and stuff, but I think he might've played a little wifi on the side before we started going to stuff.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I started offline too. I tried wifi for practice after my first ever Brawl tournament and it SUCKED.

So last night, I had a dream. It was May 28th, Don't Blink, Don't Care 2. I decided to go and actually enter Brawl. When I did, I didn't enter as Sothe, but as something else (name to be revealed later. Maybe at the actual tournament?) and said, "Know what? Screw you all." So I went Metaknight.

I was put into Tano's, Kappy's and another person's pool under my hidden alias. After everyone played each other and looked for this other person, I come up, controller plugged in, and say, "Sup." Everyone goes, "What the hell?!" So I time everyone out, get 1st in pools, and go on to bracket. I think I was the reason Kappy didn't get out of pools. El-oh-freaking-el.
Through the bracket, I just time people out. I'm not ledge camping, but I am just sitting there all day running that clock out. Eliminating people left and right. Everyone booing at me. Some laughing. And at the end, I win the whole thing. Because I was Metaknight. And I don't care.

When I woke up, I started giving serious thought to entering DBDC2 for Brawl. As Metaknight. And not entering as Sothe.

Masho

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the compliments people.

Isn't Masho some random Wi-Fi guy that plays MK on Wi-Fi as well? They say that Wi-Fi players perform terribly when they go to offline tournaments
haha far from it. I'm eager to go to upcoming brawl tournaments to play you all lol.

And nah, I don't main sheik, hes just one of the many weapons in my arsenal. I main several people, and use many others. but right now I'm on Rob/Fox atm.

MoaR IL tournies please.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Top Bottom