• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I think im getting a place in wicker park area. So if anyones near i'll be looking for smash like all the time since i dont have any friends in IL :(
0_0...

... :(

lmfao...you never give up huh?

Edit: Arty too good! Arty needs to stop taking advantage of my account when I'm drunk.
lololololololol

haha sorry dla i have and always will think of you a gannon :3.
THIS!!!

<3

FU[K MK. Don't give in to teh LAME!!!

I'm actually probably going to go 100% Ganondorf again once I place first at one of these tournaments. It's bound to happen one of these times... I always get so close to beating all of the top players :(
That's the DLA I know. :D

I'm also gonna start going 100% Ganon.

:ganondorf:
Interesting...

I'm confused... your Ganon sucks tho :confused::confused:
Oh no he didn't. :p

Ganon is really terrible...
F U!!!

MM Fabulous Ganon vs. Your ****ty Marth. :laugh: (Obviously I don't mean this...I'ma get pwned)

Then we can reverse MM in Blazblue. Either way I'm winning $5. HA!

Soth, MM in vBrawl?
Did he just MM someone? 0_0

Who are you kidding, they are Blazfests and no one besides Webster and Zwarm are invited.
Blaz/Smash - fest should be the norm for now on @ Kirk's. :D

Actually, he only invites me. We force Webster to play us over ****ty wifi. :laugh:
Blaz has the best netcode ever my friend. :confused:

Seriously. :)

I invite NO ONE.

Ever.

...oww my heart...
I remember the first time I came over...I just showed up. :D It was a great day.

ORANGE SODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My PR list:
1) OOOOOOOK!

/expected
Someone get this guy Ook condoms. You know the condoms with a picture of Ook with fuzz on the latex. They sell these on ebay. :p

I have a feeling Jared would probably wear these as a hat when he goes to work.

Hint... ^^^

:D

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Haha I know Webster, I was just emphasizing the fact that Kirk invites no one to his house, and forces them to play him over wifi. Also, you better be at Kirk's on Friday! Blazblue!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
One piece fails, Donkey Kong characters is incredible. It's just about as good as the Biblical theme (you know that says a lot coming from Jesus)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Haha I know Webster, I was just emphasizing the fact that Kirk invites no one to his house, and forces them to play him over wifi. Also, you better be at Kirk's on Friday! Blazblue!
I no can do Kirk's on Friday, I'm leaving for MN Friday morning. :(

It's just about as good as the Biblical theme (you know that says a lot coming from Jesus)
*facepalm*

:laugh:

Webster, if MAS isn't cancelled, I will 1$ MM you for like an hour straight.
Got ****it Oro. That's like $55 from me. Since like the brawl matches will be so short due to me being ***** all to hell. And then when I finally give up and win the one BB match, I'll win like $5 bucks back. :D

/****Talkin :chuckle:

Arty

Smash Lord
If it's between One Piece and DK chars, I'll vote DK chars.

Edit: Also the PR update is almost done. We just need Southern IL to add some input. I sent the three of you guys VM's so post something lol.

Arty

Smash Lord
And about ISA... so far we have

Me, DLA, Oro, Dajayman, Kain, GreenBeast, Ook, Zwarm, Meneil, Akashi, Tetsion that want to go.

That's 11 people, and the car seats 8 :(

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Tentative list of who's going to ISA:

-DLA
-Arty
-Kain
-Ook
-Green Beast
-Akashi
-Meneil
- (open)

As you can see, there's one open spot. Whoever wants it is going to have to earn it at Kirks :p

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
It would be awesome if we found another driver. I feel a bit bad basing this on tournament results, since I don't give a **** how good someone is at Brawl as far as spending a weekend with them goes. But IL really needs more rep... everyone ignores IL, especially non-midwest regions :(

Also, our top players need more matchup experience so that we do better at nationals.

ook

Smash Lord
Well I have a car, but it's kind of a gas guzzler, and the thing that tells how much gas it has left is broken. It's probably better if I don't drive a bunch of people down to indianapolis in it yet

It also has no air conditioning.

Zwarm

Smash Hero

-DLA
-Arty
-Kain
-Ook
-Green Beast
-Akashi
-Meneil
- (open)

As you can see, there's one open spot. Whoever wants it is going to have to earn it at Kirks :p
I guess I'm not going then. :(

Edit: Seriously, who cares what people think of us? I said I wanted to go before most of these people, that's kinda stupid imo.

Also, DK theme for the PR.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Imo it should either be first come first serve for the seats, or we hold a tournament or something at Kirk's. If someone is a no show, then they shouldn't have a spot.

I vote One Piece for the PR... as long as I get on it. :colorful:

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i might go if i get enough practice before hand, but that also depends on when i get the wii that i bought. iunno we'll see.

Kirk

Smash Champion

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
The problem with first come first serve is that people get penalized if they don't check this thread on a regular basis. It's even more unfair than using tournament placings.

It's not that I don't care what non-top-8 players think; it's that I don't know WHAT you think. All you guys said was "it should be first come, first serve." You didn't explain why it's better than using tournament placings to determine who gets one of the limited seats available. Just because we've decided it by first-come-first-serve in the past, doesn't mean that it's the best way.

Keep in mind that we're not going to disney world or something. We're going to a regional tournament. The point of us going there is to rep IL, not just to have happy fun time. If you think that you can rep IL better than someone on the list, then you'll have the chance to prove it at Kirk's house.

It's not like we're banning anyone from going to the tournament; if you guys find a ride, we'd love to see you there. But the fact is, there are limited seats. First-come-first-serve is completely arbitrary and shouldn't be used to decide who gets to go to a regional tournament.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i think their argument for first come first serve is "no cutting in line" mentality.

Also its not like they are banning people from driving there. Though personally i think it should be up to the driver as to who goes with considering without them noone would be able to get there.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I want to go so bad. I finally have money to enter tournaments and even afford OoS touraments and I keep getting denied... :cry:

How can I get better if I can't go to the tournaments? This is Ohio/SiiS all over again... :cry:

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
I want to go so bad. I finally have money to enter tournaments and even afford OoS touraments and I keep getting denied... :cry:

How can I get better if I can't go to the tournaments? This is Ohio/SiiS all over again... :cry:
screw it i'll take people in my car. Just be warned i have no air conditioning.
I have room for 4 more so far its
Norm
Dajayman
and um who else wants to come?
also if 3 others do come the back will be cramped

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'll fight for that last spot in DLA's car, but if I don't get it, I'll definitely take one of those spots, Norm. Oro's sitting here with me and he said he'll do the same thing. :D

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman

-DLA
-Arty
-Kain
-Ook
-Green Beast
-Akashi
-Meneil
- (open)

Now that Norm says he will drive...

Norm
Dajayman
Oro
Zwarm
Tetsion

he says he has room for 3 more people.. taking at least 3 of us = 1 spot left over

everyone can join basically, and I need to keep in shape.. I may John out though if I am not happy with my fights at Smashfest.

We should have a tournament though and possibly "pool-like" matches (where we all fight each other and see who consistently does better)

glad it wasnt first come first server i would have been screwed!

Akashi

Smash Lord
****, DK is wrecking One Piece atm. Also, I want to say something:

If worse comes to worse with Norm NOT being able to drive, both Melinda and I will give up our seats for people who really want it.

Seriously, whether it's a regional, national, or local tourney... it's all the same to me. I want to go to have fun and enjoy the experience, the whole "Repping IL" is just a side thing for me. I want the community to love each other, and if I can make 2 people happy by giving them a ticket to IN, then I most definitely will. Big ty to Norm though for offering a 2nd car though, you're ma dude<3.

Top Bottom