• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ha! In your faces, I told you Ice Climbers would never make it into Brawl!!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Please tell me you're being sarcastic... because they really ARE confirmed. o_O

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Psycho is a riot <3
Rotflmfao!
Spam much?
This thread is falling way off topic.
let's get back to where it should be?

Well, I never liked them. I played with them today in Melee. Was pretty fun. Wasn't too surprised either. I felt like it was a bland taste. Nonetheless, another great addition to many other players, maybe not me. Now that almost all of the Melee starters have been confirmed. More to go.

:) :) :)

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
I´m neutral to their return. I don´t dislike them, but would have prefered a new tag-teaming character to replace them.

And gawd, the fact that everyone´s drooling over Popo´s parka kinda demonstrates how behind SSBB´s graphics are.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
what are my feelings of the ice climbers being in?

it's a load of BS if marth isn't in now. i'll be totally upset. they'd let them morons in and not marth? geez. but we'll wait and see, for now:

it's alright that they're in. personally i think they should have gotten cut, 'cause i'd rather see somebody like a koopa bro or something playable than them to be honest. *although i still slaughtered my brothers falco with ice climbers lol even tho i never use them, they are strong...........*

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Translation: Omigawd Marth has to be in, so I can keep abusing his F-smash and pwn n00bs. LLLAWL.

There will be other top-tier characters for you to milk if Marth doesn´t get into SSBB, although he has good chances of doing so.

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Marth is like a fine wine, you can down it and get smashed and anoying, or you can sip it and enjoy it longer without being an idiot.

I'm hella glad these characters are back in, they are diverse and unique. I wonder if they will be able to infinate grab, either way I don't care.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
They should make the ICs easier to control. Nana drove me nuts in Melee.

Anyway, what could their final smash be? My guess is an avalanche. (sp?)

Ice Puff

Smash Cadet
I used several character in Melee when I'd play it at an ex-friend's house but Ice Climbers was one of few players I'd use repeatedly and enjoyed. (Along with Jigglypuff. Hence my username)

I'm glad they are returning for Smash Bors Wii. :)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Yeah, because Brawl is exactly like Melee [/sarcasm]

Wavedashes are slides across the ground.
ICs have a terrible run if you don't remember. Also, they can't really dash dance because it desynchs Nana (maybe they improved her AI, but I'm skeptical).

So I have every reason to assume they're going to be terrible. Don't give me the "Brawl is a different game" bull****. There are minor changes--most characters are slowed down, if anything. There is no indication that ICs will not be complete trash. You can keep your baseless optimism if you want but I won't close my eyes.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
ICs have a terrible run if you don't remember. Also, they can't really dash dance because it desynchs Nana (maybe they improved her AI, but I'm skeptical).

So I have every reason to assume they're going to be terrible.
Except that really, you don't. While those things are true, you're assuming Sakurai won't change them, when he very well could.

There is no indication that ICs will not be complete trash.
There's no indication that they will be trash either. :ohwell:

You can keep your baseless optimism if you want but I won't close my eyes.
Crappy insults FTW

There are minor changes--most characters are slowed down, if anything.
You've read the E4All reports, right? It seems that there's been more changes than just chars being slowed down. (And I think some weren't even slowed down...)

Ice Puff

Smash Cadet

So I have every reason to assume they're going to be terrible. Don't give me the "Brawl is a different game" bull****. There are minor changes--most characters are slowed down, if anything. There is no indication that ICs will not be complete trash. You can keep your baseless optimism if you want but I won't close my eyes.
Dude. Seriously. Calm down.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Dude. Seriously. Calm down.
I don't really see why he should calm down because no wavedashing=low tier for the Ice Climber's because it's there major form of movement. Even if wobbling is still in and is legal in tournament play the IC's won't be quick enough to pull off a grab. I'm thinking they're going to be around where Bowser was in Melee because Bowser was slow moving around, but wasn't floaty and also had that amazing fair. The IC's have quick, powerful smashes, but are going to be slow and can't really jump around everywhere because they are stay in the air too long.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I'm completely calm. I'm just saying the ICs are going to suck and you're just being stupidly optimistic if you really think they won't, considering wavedashing was their main form of movement in Melee.

ICs were shown briefly in the Conference movie at the Dojo and they are still floaty as hell.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
The loss of wave dashing will definentily hurt them. Their can be no question about that. We can only hope that something else will be discoverd that puts them back were they belong.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Shai Hulud shut up

*looks around*

sooo, a Brawl Character specific section?

Ice Climbers????

Looks like I'm gonna be posting in here a lot :)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wait, the Icies are going to be terrible because of a lack of wavedashing?
I don't think so.

All they need is an improved AI for Nana. That is all they need for at least mid tier.
Dude, they are two characters. With desyncing, the most challenging character to use... but it's two characters. The possibilities are nigh endless.
They probably won't be high tier anymore... but they will probably still be the kind of character who is overlooked but can beat any other character if the user is crafty enough.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why does everybody keep on referring to the Ice Climbers in Melee when they talk about Wavedashing?

The Ice Climbers will still keep their amazing strength. Don't worry. :)
Actually, given that they are very floaty, have no wavedashing, and DI and Smash DI has increased exponentially (that means no more dair chain grabs), it is more than likely the ICs will not be that great.

Top Bottom