• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "How The **** Are We Getting to TO4?" Thread!!!!!!

OTRU...

Smash Champion
can i go with you? hah, id be down to take the greyhound to orlando.

Im sensing the best car ride known to man.
hell yeah thats def possible, i can only fit 4 more in my car though, so it would depend on colin's decision to ride with chopz. exarch and all of them...

Raistlin: for sure thats understandable, lemme know

Life After Death

Smash Champion
it would be convienient for sfl to go with orlando peolpe instead of us goign to gainesville and getting a ride with exarch. just saying

jlorde34@yahoo.com

Smash Apprentice
D@mn i wish i could Car pool wit yall, but ima already be up there right when school at UCF gets out for winter break. I'll see yall up there. who ever wants to get some practice for melee before the tourney hit me up

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'll see what I can do, man. I would love to take all of you plus Guini, but I have to see if any of my crew mates are going. My van will seat 6 people plus me, maybe one or two more if we really want to squeeze.
I should be able to go.

If I can afford it (money johns).

But two months seems like enough time to raise that kind of money. As long as it doesn't cost my parents too much they'll let me go.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Dunno if I'm going to this, after talking to PB&J I don't know how big the turnout is going to be. I don't really want to drive all the way to Georgia for less than like, 100 people.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much gas would cost for each person in a car of 5 people?

just like ballpark. Because if it's closer to 50-60, i'd be a lot more likely to want to go than if it was 80-90.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much gas would cost for each person in a car of 5 people?

just like ballpark. Because if it's closer to 50-60, i'd be a lot more likely to want to go than if it was 80-90.
when we drove in my car to atlanta from orlando, it took a tank and a half of gas to get there, which was a 7 hour trip. Id say that was probably about 19-20 gallons of gas, which is about 50 bucks , so like 100-110 to be safe going there and back?

note my car is a V6 jetta

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

when we drove in my car to atlanta from orlando, it took a tank and a half of gas to get there, which was a 7 hour trip. Id say that was probably about 19-20 gallons of gas, which is about 50 bucks , so like 100-110 to be safe going there and back?

note my car is a V6 jetta
So to answer your question while simultaneously bumping this thread.

It'd be 20-25 dollars per person in a car of 5 people.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Yeah, I propose we do a huge carpool thing with like 2, 3, or even 4 cars full of people ready to **** in Georgia.
Despite our reputation for being a state of incest crazed, cousin f*cking hillbillies, **** is still indeed illegal. And not all our police officers are drunk 24/7 and/or too busy shooting beer cans to do anything about.

All in all, probably not the best proposal you've ever had.

:laugh:

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Pabumpump.

This is now the How The **** Are We Getting to TO4 Thead. Juan let the changes be reflected in the topic.

In my car, I've got me Rock and Juan. Ian is apparently not coming any more.
In Frames car, there's him, Colin and Andy. I believe a few others are maybes as well (Dop and someone else?)

There are several seats left, from what I can tell. (At least for me, I can take a minivan ~7 seats or my car ~4 seats.) I'll be leaving from Gainesville, so anyone who wants to ride from there can just jump on my bandwagon, I just would like to know in the relatively near future.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i will house all of u guys so ..hit me up my number is 631-484-0733

aim: itsgotabetheshoe

colin and juan already have my number just in case

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
exarch would it be ok if i get a spot too? i can get to gville pretty easily since you guys are only about 40 miles north of me

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
the thing is, I probably can't get to gainsville cuz Colin's dad took me last time...so MAYBE i might have to go with Frames, who lives closer to me, considering there is any room in his car. If not, Thomas i'll try my best to get to G-ville.

merry x-mas eve everyone!

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Well if there is a car leaving from Gville, and a spot open in it, there's almost no reason for me NOT to go to this...

Does anyone know what the turnout is expected to be? And when would we be leaving/coming back? I have Fridays off, but I have class again Monday afternoon (I have my schedule set up for long weekends).

exarch

doot doot doot
OK, in order of appearance, I've got
Me
Juan (maybe) -- please try to get things figured out Juan!
Dennis
Joe
Louis
MeowMix
Pat

That's 6-7 there, although I don't see why another carload couldn't drive up. (There are several more people with cars in Gainesville now.)

Pat, turnout will be pretty good, it'll have most of the traveling smashers from the SE, and several out of region ones as well (Some Canadians, MW, and NE). Also looking at the schedule for possible leaving times, we could leave around 7:30 AM on Saturday or we could leave Friday night, we'll probably leave Friday night. Getting back will depend on how tired I am, but I'm pretty sure we'll be back before Monday afternoon. Even if we aren't back by then, you'll only being missing 1-2 classes at the beginning of the semester, so it's not like you're missing too much. In other words, you should come!

BEHR

Smash Hero
Me
Dennis
Joe
Louis
MeowMix
Pat

That's 6-7 there, although I don't see why another carload couldn't drive up. (There are several more people with cars in Gainesville now.)

Pat, turnout will be pretty good, it'll have most of the traveling smashers from the SE, and several out of region ones as well (Some Canadians, MW, and NE). Also looking at the schedule for possible leaving times, we could leave around 7:30 AM on Saturday or we could leave Friday night, we'll probably leave Friday night. Getting back will depend on how tired I am, but I'm pretty sure we'll be back before Monday afternoon. Even if we aren't back by then, you'll only being missing 1-2 classes at the beginning of the semester, so it's not like you're missing too much. In other words, you should come!
dont forgot Monday is MLK day so no school.

:3

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Me
Dennis
Joe
Louis
MeowMix
Pat

All right, that settles it, I'm down for this. BTW, I'm cool with taking on some of the driving time if you're comfortable letting someone else drive your car. I have a lot of experience driving a van, too.

exarch

doot doot doot
Insurance on my car only covers me as a driver, I'm not sure about the van, but it's my folk's. Plus it's only 5 hours from here to atlanta, so it's really not that bad. As long as other people are awake and talking with me, I've got no problem with driving.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Insurance on my car only covers me as a driver, I'm not sure about the van, but it's my folk's. Plus it's only 5 hours from here to atlanta, so it's really not that bad. As long as other people are awake and talking with me, I've got no problem with driving.
All right, cool. I didn't realize it was only 5 hours! I was thinking it was like 8 or something.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
im pretty good at staying up in rides, i can help out with talkin and stuff while ur driving cuz i know how it can get when ur driving all on ur own on the highway at 3 am

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
5 hours? A stone's throw.

Give Box preferential treatment cause he's super pro. TAKE HIM FRAMES!
<3
ya but hungry plays jiggs and jiggs is gay and i hate jiggs so i dont wannaaaa but i probably will end up taking him anyway we'll see
:laugh:
well we dont know what our car is for sure right now u me and andy are set but idk wat garbanzo and aasem are doing plus i think lambchops said he wants a ride too
i'd really like to go...:ohwell:

LOL i just remembered I made this thread :chuckle:

Top Bottom