• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
I was gone for a couple days lol so excuse me if Im TOO late for this, but is anybody else somewhat excited about the Masterpeice section with the demos for Brawl. At first I was sitting there thinking "Booooooooo....you suck." but now I cant help but think about Geno. Like if he was in Brawl they should throw in an SMRPG demo so idiot children will stop saying "durr durr....Who is Geno?". lol. Problem is that it would be really hard to make an RPG demo lol.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
This may be a silly question but I'll ask anyway:

If SMRPG is released on the Virtual Console on Monday could that be taken as a sign that Geno is confirmed? Just a thought.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
There's NO WAY Geno is getting in over Bowser Jr. The AT in that video was Knuckle Joe.
Bowser Jr. is to Mario

As Scrappy Doo is to Scooby

Short, Annoying, Young, and Stupid.

Geno is wise, and been in way too few games. (And cannot be compared to anyone in Scooby Doo, which is a good thing.)

GENO FOR BRAWL! : D

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
This may be a silly question but I'll ask anyway:

If SMRPG is released on the Virtual Console on Monday could that be taken as a sign that Geno is confirmed? Just a thought.
I'd take it as a confirmation, but it hasn't been announced so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

And besides, Geno can be in even if SMRPG isn't ;)

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
@pcamtz:

It would be nice to see a SMRPG demo in Brawl but if there is none or if SMRPG isn't released in time I wouldn't mind; as long as our Geno is in I'll be happy. It would be nice for those who've never played to actually get to experience how awesome SMRPG and Geno are. <3

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman

Angellama

Smash Rookie
How do you people get those pictures in your post? I'm new here xD

And to make this on-topic, GO GENO!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
@pcamtz:

It would be nice to see a SMRPG demo in Brawl but if there is none or if SMRPG isn't released in time I wouldn't mind; as long as our Geno is in I'll be happy. It would be nice for those who've never played to actually get to experience how awesome SMRPG and Geno are. <3
I think he meant if SMRPG was released on the Virtual console, not to be revealed in Brawl.

S2

Smash Lord
I personally dont like geno, his character design is horrible and so is the premise behind him.
A character from a mildly popular Mario spin off wouldn't have huge followings 10 years later if he was a poorly designed character.

The fact is, people who played Mario RPG loved him. He's one of the more unique characters in the Mario universe, so why not give him a shot?

How many of the younger people on this board have even played the original Mario RPG? Considering it hasn't been released again since the mid-90's and never even hit the PAL market.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
What's the current talk on our boi? Hopefully this roster isn't true (35leak lawl.) Well there was that VA Thing i heard about that zoraprime told me about so it's likely that they already have his rights which means playability (...i hope...) And apparently BJ Might be an assist from that one vid (Huge "MIGHT") So we're getting there! (I'm hoping for him and PM As playable.) We'll have to see.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Only a week left. It'd be interesting to see what the roster is going to be and as always I'm hoping the 35 "leaked" roster is a fake and gets deconfirmed ASAP.

As for SMRPG coming out on the Virtual Console Monday; it could happen and if it does it could mean good things for Geno.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Only a week left. It'd be interesting to see what the roster is going to be and as always I'm hoping the 35 "leaked" roster is a fake and gets deconfirmed ASAP.

As for SMRPG coming out on the Virtual Console Monday; it could happen and if it does it could mean good things for Geno.
I thought that the 35 roster was already deconfirmed :confused:,either because ROB was debunked or because Ridley has been semi-confirmed (someone posted a japanese site that said how to unlock Jigglypuff, Falco and Ridley).

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I thought that the 35 roster was already deconfirmed :confused:,either because ROB was debunked or because Ridley has been semi-confirmed (someone posted a japanese site that said how to unlock Jigglypuff, Falco and Ridley).
No, unfortunately not yet. If the Ridley does turn out to be true, then I guess that's proof enough to debunk that roster.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
That's who YOU want to see as a representative from Final Fantasy; doesn't mean Geno wouldn't be just as good a representative.

I don't understand what the hell you've just said, on your first point.

The reason being is because you don't have any logic behind your arguments, and you love to make assumptions. I'm a huge ****.

No, 1.4 million is actually impressive for over 10 years ago, not to mention it released shortly before the N64, it had surprising sales.

What about Roy? Roy wasn't even IN a game before SSBM, and barely any people knew him. Was he a significant part of Nintendo's history?

Geno's lack of re-occurance in games isn't his fault. I'm sure you've heard of Square and Nintendo breaking up because of Square's sudden interest in Sony; hell Paper Mario was to be SMRPG2. Here's an interesting little fact for you: Square tossed around the idea of Geno being the main character of the sequel to the game. Zelda and Luigi didn't have the obstacle of being developed by a secondary company, hindering his chances to appear in a second, third, and fourth game. Sakurai apparently likes Geno too, according to the poll, just as he likes the Ice Climbers, and that poll is really the only bit of proof we have to suspect a characters' inclusion.
No I don't want Cloud in. I hate him. But he would be the PERFECT character to rep Square Enix. 1.4 million is not impressive for a Mario game period.

Why do you bring up Roy? People ALWAYS do that. He isn't relevant to this arguement.

It doesn't matter that it's not his fault that he's not a reoccuring character. The fact of the matter is he isn't a reoccuring character.

You made all that bull **** about Paper Mario being SMRPG2, andthem tossing around the idea of Geno being the star of a sequel to it. Unless you can actually prove it.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
No I don't want Cloud in. I hate him. But he would be the PERFECT character to rep Square Enix. 1.4 million is not impressive for a Mario game period.

Why do you bring up Roy? People ALWAYS do that. He isn't relevant to this arguement.

It doesn't matter that it's not his fault that he's not a reoccuring character. The fact of the matter is he isn't a reoccuring character.

You made all that bull **** about Paper Mario being SMRPG2, andthem tossing around the idea of Geno being the star of a sequel to it. Unless you can actually prove it.
1) Yes it is, by logic, any game that sells over a million copies is a good game period.

2) He brought Roy because of the fact you claim Geno was in one game and obscure as well as not important to Nintendo (which is a lie), so yes it is relevant to the argument.

3) I don't about Geno being the star, but Paper Mario was supposed to be SMRPG 2 before Squaresoft decided to team with Sony and start production for Final Fantasy 7

Machspeed

Smash Lord

1.) No, he wouldn't. I could just as easily say a Slime from Dragon Quest, or perhaps Cecil from FF could rep it better; it's all a matter of OPINION. Yes, the sales were impressive, considering it was battling with the N64's release sales and 3D games with better graphics.

2.) I bring up Roy, because he wasn't even in a game at the time of his inclusion. Even if Geno's game wasn't released in Europe, he's known by a couple hundred thousand people, right?

3.) Well, there's no getting around that, but it's not because Square-Enix or Nintendo hate him or don't ever want to use him in a game again, like you'd want to believe.

4.)
Paper Mario was a spiritual sequel to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for the Super NES, and is the first game in the Paper Mario series of video games.
Source

Had SMRPG2 not been in production, the Paper Mario series probably wouldn't exist right now, and all those characters would still be alive. There you have it, don't go making those crazy assumptions again blindly; it makes you look horribly dim-witted when your proven false.

I'm a huge ****.
I love how you tossed that into my post, too; way to show your maturity sport.
Why won't you stay banned?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, at least Super Mallow was right about Square Enix having a decent amount of people being on board with Brawl. Seriously, the guy who's done the story for nearly every Final Fantasy game (and the Kingdom Hearts games too) since FFVII is doing the story for the SSE? I didn't see that one coming... O_o' From what Super Mallow found through his "copyright digging," he said that "SMRPG fans will not be disappointed with was put into Brawl." Do you think he was serious or do you think this is an enormous bluff? Stay tuned...

*add in* Oh, before I forget, Nintendo Power is making a big deal about an RPG that Nintendo has "keep under wraps and hush hush" for awhile now and that "people have been waiting for it for years." They are calling it "the big one" and I personally think it'll be one of three things: Kingdom Hearts for the Wii, Golden Sun 3 for the Wii, or a true sequel to Super Mario RPG. Supposedly, the gaming world is going to make a really big deal about this unveilment so it's hard to put my finger on which one it could be.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Interesting indeed, I might put my money on it being a sequel for SMRPG, but it is a hard decision. I know I heard rumor somewhere about a Kingdom Hearts project for the Wii, but it was on a myspace group, so it's probably a fluke. Could be Golden Sun 3, but I prefer playing that on handhelds. I haven't even passed the 2nd one yet :psycho:

antimatter

Smash Lord
yeah, i was wondering about that rpg thing in the back of my nintendo power. why didnt they comment on the geno pic in the fan art? maybe they didnt want to give away the coverage of a sequel to super mario rpg...

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
1) Yes it is, by logic, any game that sells over a million copies is a good game period.

2) He brought Roy because of the fact you claim Geno was in one game and obscure as well as not important to Nintendo (which is a lie), so yes it is relevant to the argument.

3) I don't about Geno being the star, but Paper Mario was supposed to be SMRPG 2 before Squaresoft decided to team with Sony and start production for Final Fantasy 7
1. But Mario games uaslly sell much better.

2. No, he's not relevant to this arguement. I support Roy because he's a really cool character and I like Fire Emblem. Also, Roy isn't obscure.

3. But can you prove it?

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
1.) No, he wouldn't. I could just as easily say a Slime from Dragon Quest, or perhaps Cecil from FF could rep it better; it's all a matter of OPINION. Yes, the sales were impressive, considering it was battling with the N64's release sales and 3D games with better graphics.

2.) I bring up Roy, because he wasn't even in a game at the time of his inclusion. Even if Geno's game wasn't released in Europe, he's known by a couple hundred thousand people, right?

3.) Well, there's no getting around that, but it's not because Square-Enix or Nintendo hate him or don't ever want to use him in a game again, like you'd want to believe.

4.) Source

Had SMRPG2 not been in production, the Paper Mario series probably wouldn't exist right now, and all those characters would still be alive. There you have it, don't go making those crazy assumptions again blindly; it makes you look horribly dim-witted when your proven false.

I love how you tossed that into my post, too; way to show your maturity sport.
Why won't you stay banned? Why can't I get laid?
1. Cloud is the most well known FF character and Final Fantasy is Square's biggest series.

2. I said this in my last post.

3. I know belive they hate him. I'm just saying he isn't a reoccuring character. Sure there's reasons he's not one but that really doesn't help.

4. Wikipedia, great source.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
the reason roy was in melee was to advertise his new game. Geno does not have a game to advetise. His last game was in the 90's and is already well represented by mario, peach, and bowser. There is no way to compare roy and geno.
Yes, but he has a sequel rumored by an official RPG magazine...

And, if you read on the previous page, FMOI said that Nintendo has had an RPG developing under wraps, and they claimed, "People have been waiting for this game for years." It could very well be the sequel for SMRPG, seeing as they couldn't give it away because it would be far too obvious for Geno's inclusion.

Brawl would be the perfect window to advertise whichever character that RPG stars, and it just may be Geno.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road

And, if you read on the previous page, FMOI said that Nintendo has had an RPG developing under wraps, and they claimed, "People have been waiting for this game for years." It could very well be the SMRPG, seeing as they couldn't give it away because it would be far too obvious for Geno's inclusion.

Brawl would be the perfect window to advertise whichever character that RPG stars, and it just may be Geno.
there is also a sonic rpg in the works it could be that too. And the mario rpg has been "rumored" since the first one came out.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
there is also a sonic rpg in the works it could be that too. And the mario rpg has been "rumored" since the first one came out.
Sonic RPG has already been revealed to be under development by Bioware.

We're saying there's an RPG, NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT, Nintendo is developing.

Super Mario RPG 2 has been rumored in RPG Magazine's issue number 5. It would be created by Square-Enix and would feature a heavy Final Fantasy influence. It would be on the DS

Below is the direct translation:

Square-Enix is considering bringing back Super Mario RPG by making a sequel on the DS. The sequel would include more characters from the Final Fantasy universe.
Source

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace

And, if you read on the previous page, FMOI said that Nintendo has had an RPG developing under wraps, and they claimed, "People have been waiting for this game for years." It could very well be the SMRPG, seeing as they couldn't give it away because it would be far too obvious for Geno's inclusion.

Really? Did you know it's rumored Roy has 1000 games lined up. Also CBC said that they're developing a game under wraps and they claimed "People have been waiting for this game for years". They couldn't give that away because it would be far too obvious of Roy becoming the president of the world.

those are just rumors.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Really? Did you know it's rumored Roy has 1000 games lined up. Also CBC said that they're developing a game under wraps and they claimed "People have been waiting for this game for years". They couldn't give that away because it would be far too obvious of Roy becoming the president of the world.

those are just rumors.
Rumored in an official RPG magazine.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
A character from a mildly popular Mario spin off wouldn't have huge followings 10 years later if he was a poorly designed character.

The fact is, people who played Mario RPG loved him. He's one of the more unique characters in the Mario universe, so why not give him a shot?

How many of the younger people on this board have even played the original Mario RPG? Considering it hasn't been released again since the mid-90's and never even hit the PAL market.
Don't talk in facts when you have no clue.

I've played Mario RPG and I found Geno to be rather boring.

Besides, hardly anyone knows Geno anyway... why not settle for a better known Mario rep, like Bowser Jr? At least he appeared in multiple games.

And don't give me that "because of popularity" comeback... because with that logic, Pac-Man should be included. Because well.... everyone knows Pac-Man, even people that never play videogames. :dizzy:

Top Bottom