• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well guys, if this roster is the real thing,(wich hell it better not be)
Geno is gone, wich geeze i would rather him then rob
R.O.B. is such a stupid idea for a WTF character idea. I've said it so many times.

I want to see the real roster! and I hope that Geno is on it. (and Isaac, of course.:laugh:)

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
If that roster is real, that would be horrible...

No Geno
No Krystal
No Ridley
No Dark Samus
No King K. Rool
No Claus
No 3rd Party
No Bowser Jr.

But R.O.B.

:dizzy:
Truly horrible.

How in the world would anyone consider ROB (from Starfox) playable? Is not even playable in Starfox! And the other ROB... enemy in SSE, so no...

At least in 6 more days we'll know... at this point ANYONE on my signature would do the trick (primeraly Geno...)

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Hey Fatmanonice, here's a topic that might interest you :p

It mentions you at the bottom :]

And to be on topic, it does have to do with Geno, and Geno for Brawl :[
I hope it is true, but I always though that the pic was made by this person :confused:

But he says that a lot of people agree with him... if that's the case I think that the design is perfect :)

GenoX

Smash Rookie
if geno makes it, he betetr not be to tall, but the size of sonic.

im joined nsider, but it says im not allowerd to put a sig or av

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I hope it is true, but I always though that the pic was made by this person :confused:

But he says that a lot of people agree with him... if that's the case I think that the design is perfect :)
That's actually why I posted it. He says Fatmanonice agreed with him, and I just wanted to see what Fatmanonice would say about it if I posted it here :O

I don't want to get any hopes up or anything. If that 35 character roster is true, then maybe more characters could be available to download later on, and that would explain the size?

That would be pretty neat, and having Geno as either a playable character from the beginning or as a playable character who can be downloaded would be pretty neat.

Same with all the other wanted characters who don't seem to be making an appearance on that roster list :[

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I wont to believe it, but that picture doesnt look like brawl art. The fabric is shiny for some reason.:ohwell:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I still have hope.

I don't believe that 35 roster. I think it's a bunch of bull****.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:

Talendime

Smash Ace
oh..why does geno have a voice actor on imdb the brawl section...is it fake?

YOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! I DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF THAT! AND THERE IT IS! HOLYYY ****!

Wow, ok, I'm convinced. This is undeniable. I trust this 100% because I look movies up on imdb like EVERRY day!
This is flat out proof that he's in. You are my hero.

I hope it is true, but I always though that the pic was made by this person
I don't think it was, because that guy has pictures and profiles for all of his creations, and the Geno render is nowhere to be found on his site.
I believe the guy from nsider. If I knew Geno was in -which I now DO ;)- I wouldn't care who believed me either. And I'm sure he doesn't..

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the imdb thing is useless. I wish we got something like Krystal's voice actress thing. Anything to raise the hopes.

And what's with being a week away from release and we don't have a true leak? It's about time, come on!

Sakurai should make an update that wowed us (geno please!), something for the reluctant japanese people (if any), to make them go "Must buy, now now now!!!"

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can not insure the reliability of this... but if it is real... we have some exciting news.

Taken from this thread at Brawl Central.

-Ω- said:
Supposedly some Japanese magazine site had a new video up but it was only up for about 5 minutes before it was entirely taken down. There are tons of witnesses. I don't know the magazine. Some people have been going crazy. There's one picture circulating and I can't even see what's so great about it. I don't get it (Geno sticker? I don't care).

35 character roster deconfirmed?
Bowser Jr. deconfirmed?
Geno confirmed!

Please let it be true.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I can not insure the reliability of this... but if it is real... we have some exciting news.

Bowser Jr. deconfirmed?
Geno confirmed!

Please let it be true.
Sadly a fake, the creator admitted it...

And that was very cruel of him... I swear I jumped off my seat :(

Anyway... just 6 days left!

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/PilotEvan/Brawlpacket2.jpg

What about this? It was on the news part of the site here (http://smashboards.com/news/articles/486/rumor-patrol-character-counterfeits) ...but it didn't mention anything about Geno or Square specifically
Wasn't that for the Famitsu booklet? I think that they copyright Square because they use a SMRPG pic to explain Mario's Final Smash history.

Wow... I feel like I'm only crushing theoties here, I'm sorry :(

Wrath`

Smash Master
I actualy want geno in now, we need to prove the 35 roster wrong, and geno being one of the only 4tp 5 tho votoed poll members not to playible, well he is are last hope.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

Bowser Jr. deconfirmed?
Geno confirmed!

Please let it be true.
i believe someone pointed out that Birdo's name still says Groudon. but i don't read japanese, so i don't know.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Less than a week now, and we'll know. Either Geno'll be playable, and we'll have moved on to an official Geno board; or he won't be, and we won't need this topic anymore. Either way, this topic will be over in less than a week.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
A ray of light in the distance guys?

Sakurai claims,"At that point, I decided to ask Kazushige Nojima-san to help us since he had composed the scenarios for titles like Final Fantasy VII."
Source: Iwata Asks Volume 4

Now there's no doubting Square-Enix has a hand in Brawl... a composer, and a Final Fantasy game designer from SE working there?

Maybe things aren't over for our Geno just yet...

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
This is so stupid.

Geno is obscure and the only thing he did was co-star in one Mario game that didn't sell very well. Plus he's 3rd party.

No chance in hell he's getting in.

antimatter

Smash Lord
did you even read the designer thing? no, you didnt did you. how you are allowed to come back is beyond me.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
This is so stupid.

Geno is obscure and the only thing he did was co-star in one Mario game that didn't sell very well. Plus he's 3rd party.

No chance in hell he's getting in.
Ice Climbers are obscure, along with Game & Watch.

SMRPG sold 1.4 million in Japan alone when it released, which was a hell of alot of numbers back in the mid-90's.

With Square-Enix's involvement in Brawl, they could just hand him over as they are going on and working on the project with Nintendo; he could very well be the last 3rd party.

You don't WANT to see him getting in, but the reality is, it's not as impossible as you'd like to believe.

Top Bottom