• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I think his chances are fair... at least I think he's the most valid candidate from SE at this point for a game of this caliber. He has his fighting moves already pretty much laid out, his SSE story would be a breeze, fans want him, he'd fit snug into the Mario world; and with the possible deconfirmation (:() of Megaman, I think he's still a fighting contender.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
It's quite obvious his chances are 50-50...though a character like Krystal or ridley who people really want in have like an 85-15 chance of getting in

Azariel

Smash Rookie
I have to wonder why you would just pull random numbers out of no where. I mean just because i can make up the fact that 1/3 gamers play smash and 1/5 of them think geno has no chance in brawl doesn't mean that if i go outside and punch a random stranger in the face that there was a 1/15 chance i just knocked some sense into you.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
no i'm saying because even though he's majorly wanted if Square doesn't want him in brawl he won't be that's why it's 50-50 meaning either he's playable or not in at all...but for Krystal or ridley who are 1st party and majorly wanted they have 85-15 because there is no boundaries to cross to get them in brawl. Geno is my second most wanted character for brawl.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I say it's a perfect opportunity for Square-Enix.

If any time is the time to get Geno back into the world of Mario and gaming, now is the perfect chance. Brawl would advertise the character to no end, and get hype pumped up if he released in another game.

They could get even more money annually if they begin to sell games with another character that people like; it's just smart business sense in my eyes.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Square Enix should sell Geno and Mellow to nintendo so they can be in Mario Parties and Mario Karts, etc.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tell you guys what, I literally will bet twenty dollars to give Psychey over there if Geno gets in, but if Geno doesn't get in, the title of this thread becomes "The Official We Were Wrong Geno Thread".

I'm not kidding, nor am I trying to make a point. I'm making a bet, a bet that I will fully uphold.
I'll support whatever I want to based on faith alone that Geno will be in Brawl

I don't care for your bets

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Tell you guys what, I literally will bet twenty dollars to give Psychey over there if Geno gets in, but if Geno doesn't get in, the title of this thread becomes "The Official We Were Wrong Geno Thread".

I'm not kidding, nor am I trying to make a point. I'm making a bet, a bet that I will fully uphold.
You believe in an argument which you can provide no evidence to aid your reasoning? Have you tricked yourself into thinking that your points.. I mean opinions.. are facts? There is nothing you can do or say to prove Geno's chances are hindered unless you provide evidence.. which you haven't. So what do you want us to say?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Okay, you think Geno wil be in Brawl, but won't back it up by facts, only faith, and won't do a simple bet when you would have nothing but respect to lose and currency to gain.
Really, none of us could possibly coin up Geno's chances, because the ugly truth of the matter is, there are virtually no types of evidence in this situation.

Nobody.

Not even Chuck Norris could tell you his chances.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay, you think Geno wil be in Brawl, but won't back it up by facts, only faith, and won't do a simple bet when you would have nothing but respect to lose and currency to gain.
I'll prove myself enough when he is confirmed. I need nothing more from all of this

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
You believe in an argument which you can provide no evidence to aid your reasoning? Have you tricked yourself into thinking that your points.. I mean opinions.. are facts? There is nothing you can do or say to prove Geno's chances are hindered unless you provide evidence.. which you haven't. So what do you want us to say?
This actually made me mad, and I genuinely don't get mad at comments. IF there's one thing I try to get out, it's the fact that people should use facts and not opinion. Listen:

Geno's a retro character, meaning that only a fraction of the world knows the character well, and he was only in one game, meaning that he's even less well known. That, and as the game is retro, there will be no profit off of the games sales for eith Square or Nintendo, as the game has stopped being made. Top that off with the fact that this is third party, meaning that no matter ho much Sakurai wants Geno to get in, Square can say no. Why would Square say no? Why, because Geno means noting to them anymore. Square only had Geno in one game, and besides, why would they say yes to Geno when they could rather say a more profitable character like Cloud, so that they could make money off of their actually in sale games, like FF? The third party slot is insanely limited, at most being three, and believe me, why would ANYONE chose this random, unkown character that will cost more money then it would gain when you could have a character, like Megaman, Bomberman, or Cloud instead that would make an exponentially greater fortune for Nintendo.

'Nuff said.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
With the randomness of SSE so far (Meta-Knight and Ice Climbers, for example), watch him be paired up with Snake or something completely from what you expected.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This actually made me mad, and I genuinely don't get mad at comments. IF there's one thing I try to get out, it's the fact that people should use facts and not opinion. Listen:

Geno's a retro character, meaning that only a fraction of the world knows the character well, and he was only in one game, meaning that he's even less well known. That, and as the game is retro, there will be no profit off of the games sales for eith Square or Nintendo, as the game has stopped being made. Top that off with the fact that this is third party, meaning that no matter ho much Sakurai wants Geno to get in, Square can say no. Why would Square say no? Why, because Geno means noting to them anymore. Square only had Geno in one game, and besides, why would they say yes to Geno when they could rather say a more profitable character like Cloud, so that they could make money off of their actually in sale games, like FF? The third party slot is insanely limited, at most being three, and believe me, why would ANYONE chose this random, unkown character that will cost more money then it would gain when you could have a character, like Megaman, Bomberman, or Cloud instead that would make an exponentially greater fortune for Nintendo.

'Nuff said.
I shouldn't have to need facts for supporting someone.

What we know of chances are solely on the polls and the Square thing...NOTHING else

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
If you look at the obstacles that prevent Geno from coming in you can see that his chances are very, very slim.

I mean, look at it this way: There are a fraction of secondary characters in Brawl, heck, I'll say 1/3. There's an even smaller amount of secondary characters that are retro In fact, there are none, but hey, it's not too straining on the imagination, so I'll say that it's a 1/6 chance for a character to be both a retro and a secondary character. Then there's the chance that there's a retro character that's a secondary character that's only been in one game. Now that's pretty slim, but it could happen, I suppose, so let's devide our fraction into a third, meaning now we have 1/18. Then the chance that that secondary, retro character that was only in one game is third party, and seeing as there will only be (most likely) three (at most) third party characters out of a rough estimate of a fourty character roster. Let's see, that's 3/40 of 1/18, so that's 0.00416... and then we factor in populairity, so that's taking off a third of that so now it's 0.0027... but seeing as it's on the poll, I'll ignore that. So now, we have Geno, who apparently has a 0.4 % chance. Mind you, this is a rough estimate, as this may be over or under a more accurate number.

So, Geno mathematically, would have an 0.4% chance, and everyone thinks that this is high? The facts do not lie, and all these numbers are smply based on facts drawn from simple common knowledge, and I sincerely hope that you people take my words to serious heart.
as a person with an Associates Degree in Mathematics, i am qualified to tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about.

****, that feels good. :)

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I say it's a perfect opportunity for Square-Enix.

If any time is the time to get Geno back into the world of Mario and gaming, now is the perfect chance. Brawl would advertise the character to no end, and get hype pumped up if he released in another game.

They could get even more money annually if they begin to sell games with another character that otherwise doesn't bring in profit; it's just smart business sense in my eyes.
Said that a couple pages back, don't know if you read it.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice

'Nuff said.

You need to wake up and realize that your opinions aren't changing anything. If you don't think he's popular, that is simply your problem. Can you provide us with evidence or proof that Geno actually wasn't a popular choice? Does it actually matter if he is well known? Also, why the hell would Square say no? Nintendo can say no to Cloud too you know. This game is going to sell INCREDIBLY well without the help of Cloud or Crono. For all I care they can just drop Square Enix entirely (forgive me Geno!). If Square Enix wants to be a hassle and try to sucker Nintendo into purchasing the rights to a character that simply isn't needed then let Nintendo make the sorry mistake. Cloud and all his little Final Fantasy buddies along with other Square Enix veterans could never represent a Nintendo game better than Geno. Square should feel honored if Nintendo wants to add one of their characters because they will make money. It isn't economically sound however to pay them 100k for a character that won't sell the game further than what it already will. The license to Geno however would most likely be cheap (free?) simply because he is a Mario character. We'll wait and see though. Until then, why don't you try providing us with facts other than the lame "1 game" argument.

Top Bottom