• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Everything in this world is done for nothing but greed, of course they had to pay
...that's pretty stupid. Sega asked Nintendo for Sonic to be in melee but there was no time so he got in brawl...and Nintendo had to pay Sega even though Sega asked Nintendo to put sonic in melee/brawl.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
...that's pretty stupid. Sega asked Nintendo for Sonic to be in melee but there was no time so he got in brawl...and Nintendo had to pay Sega even though Sega asked Nintendo to put sonic in melee/brawl.
That is presumed as correct. I can explain it, but it is late. What I wanted to say was it is different for Geno, because the game he appeared in WAS a Mario game, so technically Nintendo needs to ask permission to have Geno, and that's about it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think this has been said yet, but I think Geno's chances for a third party spot just got a lot bigger, now that a certain OTHER blue third-party character is out of the running...

http://www.brawlcentral.com/
He hasn't been official deconfirmed or whatever you want to call it.

That site, BTW, hasn't been the most reliable

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think this has been said yet, but I think Geno's chances for a third party spot just got a lot bigger, now that a certain OTHER blue third-party character is out of the running...

http://www.brawlcentral.com/
As much as I want Geno, I don't think we can rule out
MM
until Brawl is out,
This does not improve or hurt Geno's chances, in my opinion.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Well if Nintendo has no intention of putting Mega Man in Brawl, as of yesterday, I don't see how they could possibly have his model, moveset, and evryhting created, then have the games made, and then shipped in Japan all within a month.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well if Nintendo has no intention of putting Mega Man in Brawl, as of yesterday, I don't see how they could possibly have his model, moveset, and evryhting created, then have the games made, and then shipped in Japan all within a month.
Maybe they didn't consult HIM, as he is only co-creator...
This is the Geno thread anyway, don't discuss MM..

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I mentioned hm because is MM is deconfirmed, that helps Geno's chances, since one of his biggest competitors for a third party spot is out.

Woops, I didn't realize there's already a 300 post thread about this news in the main forum.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
How would they not? Isn't there only 1-2 more third party characters to be confirmed for Brawl? I was not aware that Sakura was going to be filling half the roster with any third party character he could find.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
How would they not? Isn't there only 1-2 more third party characters to be confirmed for Brawl? I was not aware that Sakura was going to be filling half the roster with any third party character he could find.
Who says there can't be 4 or more 3rd party's?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Who says there can't be 4 or more 3rd party's?

Sakurai says....

He said there would only be 1-2 more third party characters after Snake was shown in the original E3 trailer.

Sakurai, the big cheese of Brawl, and Inafune, creator of Mega Man are both disagreeing with your points. If you can't take their words for it, are you saying that even a Dojo update contain just big red letters "MEGA MAN IS NOT IN BRAWL" would not be enough?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Sakurai says....

He said there would only be 1-2 more third party characters after Snake was shown in the original E3 trailer.

Sakurai, the big cheese of Brawl, and Inafune, creator of Mega Man are both disagreeing with your points. If you can't take their words for it, are you saying that even a Dojo update contain just big red letters "MEGA MAN IS NOT IN BRAWL" would not be enough?
I could argue with you all you want, but it does not pertain to Geno!
Geno's chances are the same, even if MM isn't in, it wouldn't have changed by now.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
We are expecting one more third party character. Once of the top competitors for that spot has bene eliminated. I think that improves Geno's chances a lot.

If 4 people are in a race, and the fastest guy is DQ'd before the race, doesn't that improve the chances of the 3 remaining racers?

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
I want to make something absolutely clear. Geno was NEVER in competition with Megaman and nor should anybody believe the crap that Megaman's chances will enhance or hinder Geno's. Square Enix and Capcom are completely independent of each other and therefore a solid conclusion of "Geno is _____ likely because Megaman officially isn't in Brawl (yet?)" is absolutely ridiculous. Megaman is a great character, I admit that, but the fact people are comparing Megaman (third party character who has only appeared in third party games) to Geno (who is a "third party character" also, but will only appear in Mario games). So I don't get it guys. Sure Megaman is extremely more popular and has a ton more fans and games but that doesn't say anything about Geno's chances in Brawl. I mean what if Sakurai actually likes Geno? What if he contacted Square Enix about it? What if they said sure? I mean, does that ultimately mean that he should go and beg Capcom for Megaman becaure we can't have Geno unless Megaman gets in? Perhaps some of you guys forget that Geno certainly has a lot more going for him than Megaman's popularity factor. We got Sonic and Snake, how about an obscure third party character now? Just like Sakurai, popular characters don't really excite me..

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Hypothetical Example:

There is only room for one roster spot left in Brawl. Luigi and Link are not confirmed yet. Only one of them will make it in. They are in "competition" in a way for that last spot. If Sakurai said Luigi's going to be an AT or something, wouldn't that help Link's chances?

Since we are expecting only one more third party character, a popular choice being out, helps the other popular choice of getting in.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Hypothetical Example:

There is only room for one roster spot left in Brawl. Luigi and Link are not confirmed yet. Only one of them will make it in. They are in "competition" in a way for that last spot. If Sakurai said Luigi's going to be an AT or something, wouldn't that help Link's chances?

Since we are expecting only one more third party character, a popular choice being out, helps the other popular choice of getting in.
I see your point, but we are unclear as to how many third party characters are in the game. We cannot be certain based off of the information we currently have to say how many "spots" are open. We can expect there to only be three third party characters, I will agree with you there, but it isn't set in stone.. the way Sakurai mentioned that quote is questionable. But I guess that when he said that Megaman instantly came to mind for a lot of people. However, as I have been told many times before in the past, it isn't just Sakurai's decision. I'm kind of shocked about the Megaman news. Not only does it sound like the creator wants Megaman in (poor guy, how often does THAT happen) but now I'm beginning to doubt that Brawl will even reach 40 characters. At the rate our beloved characters are falling at, we may have more veterans than newcomers. Sakurai certainly better become creative and better have reasonable excuses as to why he's assist trophy happy. I mean I can understand if the moveset is already used up.. but man..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hope Old Saint Nick gives us our favorite wooden doll for Christmas...

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
I see your point, but we are unclear as to how many third party characters are in the game. We cannot be certain based off of the information we currently have to say how many "spots" are open. We can expect there to only be three third party characters, I will agree with you there, but it isn't set in stone.. the way Sakurai mentioned that quote is questionable. But I guess that when he said that Megaman instantly came to mind for a lot of people. However, as I have been told many times before in the past, it isn't just Sakurai's decision. I'm kind of shocked about the Megaman news. Not only does it sound like the creator wants Megaman in (poor guy, how often does THAT happen) but now I'm beginning to doubt that Brawl will even reach 40 characters. At the rate our beloved characters are falling at, we may have more veterans than newcomers. Sakurai certainly better become creative and better have reasonable excuses as to why he's assist trophy happy. I mean I can understand if the moveset is already used up.. but man..
I hope your acting like since Megaman is almost not in, that the roster is going to suddenly be less than 40 PC. Megaman or not, It wont be less than 40 PC just because of no Megaman. Besides its not all about third parties.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I hope your acting like since Megaman is almost not in, that the roster is going to suddenly be less than 40 PC. Megaman or not, It wont be less than 40 PC just because of no Megaman. Besides its not all about third parties.
I'm suspecting it might be less than 40 anyway. Maybe like 36-38.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Hope Old Saint Nick gives us our favorite wooden doll for Christmas...
Your'e honestly so desperate for Geno's confirmaation that you're going to wish he was in? Listen, Geno doesn't have much of a chance. His chancesare insanely overblown. He's only been in one game that wasn't his series made over a year ago. Now just that alone would be offputting, seeing as Nintendo wouldn't just slap on a retro character so unknown, but hey, they did it with the Ice Climbers, it could happen to Geno, but as him as a third party character? Nigh imossible. Do you really expect Nintendo to shell out tons of cash and rights to the game just to get some random, practically unknown character? And even further than that, would Square even want that? I mean, Geno has no series, let alone a game, that's going on, so there's no point in advertising him. In fact, if Square ever was contacted, they'd rather offer up say Cloud or Sora, as both chaaracters will actually make both Nintendo and Square real money, something Geno is unable to do.

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Your'e honestly so desperate for Geno's confirmaation that you're going to wish he was in? Listen, Geno doesn't have much of a chance. His chancesare insanely overblown. He's only been in one game that wasn't his series made over a year ago. Now just that alone would be offputting, seeing as Nintendo wouldn't just slap on a retro character so unknown, but hey, they did it with the Ice Climbers, it could happen to Geno, but as him as a third party character? Nigh imossible. Do you really expect Nintendo to shell out tons of cash and rights to the game just to get some random, practically unknown character? And even further than that, would Square even want that? I mean, Geno has no series, let alone a game, that's going on, so there's no point in advertising him. In fact, if Square ever was contacted, they'd rather offer up say Cloud or Sora, as both chaaracters will actually make both Nintendo and Square real money, something Geno is unable to do.

'Nuff said.
No, I'm honestly not desperate. You seem desperate for attention though. I'm just making a little Christmas joke

Top Bottom