• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
or even dig'ems cereal!
That stuff is the best...I had to get use to it though...hated it at first...

Okay guys...Back on topic. XP

Who thinks I should make a sprite comic about Geno getting into Brawl?
Sure...

I don't ever get most sprite comics...

That's why I only make manga...

My manga is kinda funny though since I suck at drawing backgrounds...however, my created non-scenic...just color backgrounds are awesome...

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Considering it's 12:30 right now and I have to wake up at 6:30... yeah, I should probably go to sleep too. I wonder if Geno up at Star Road sleeps...?

G'night.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
heh...

"Anyway, Geno lives in the star road, the place that grants dreams...wishing for his return may be all it takes..."

(Pretend it's in quotes)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno Versus Waluigi

Scanner wasn't working...CREDIT GOES TO THE SPRITE RESOURCE!

^I was going to draw this...

Next part of the chapter...

Crono and Geno are shocked and Tom Nook comes out and yells at Ness.

“Can’t you keep this kid under control?” Tom says taking out his axe.

Geno eyes get big

<Ness, why would you do such a thing?> Crono asked clueless.

“That’s the evil Mani mani statue!” Ness said defensively

“What is this statue exactly?” Geno asked with concern

“It’s a statue of Gigyas that he used to make people evil or insane!”

“I am not insane! Do I look insane?” Nook said

The three guys just looked at him for a chronic amount of time as they all stood there trying what to honestly say.

“Are you going to pay for my statue?” Nook asked

“OK” Ness said.

Ness was put to work to deliver, plant, clean and post bulletins around the town. When he was done he teleported to Nook’s store as Geno and Crono were window shopping.

“This isn’t an exhibit, buy something or leave.” Nook said rudely

“You wouldn’t happen to have a star would you?”

“A star you say? Describe this star…”

“It’s worth millions…” Geno lied.

Crono is shocked!

“Millions…?” Nook said with drool and money signs.

“And I would pay for it…if you have it…” Geno said choosing his words carefully.

Crono nods

Nook laughing like a madman goes into the back of the shop to get it. Ness returns and sees Geno and Crono window shopping. The 3 remain silent as they wait.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
*pops on*

Sorry I haven't been around much. Blame work, having to teach one of my friends how to do laundry and playing SMRPG until at least 3am.

Anyway, I love all the comics and fanarts and stories that everyone's making! Sinn, you mentioned that I should write scenes from SMRPG that we never saw. Sort of like the story of SMRPG but from Geno's perspective, including what we didn't get to see? *is excited about writing it*

I think I've been thinking about Geno a little too much; last night I found myself crossing my arms and nodding my head while talking to someone, a la Geno's victory pose. I think his habits are rubbing off on me.

Geno for Brawl! <3

Sinn

Smash Lord
*pops on*

Sorry I haven't been around much. Blame work, having to teach one of my friends how to do laundry and playing SMRPG until at least 3am.

Anyway, I love all the comics and fanarts and stories that everyone's making! Sinn, you mentioned that I should write scenes from SMRPG that we never saw. Sort of like the story of SMRPG but from Geno's perspective, including what we didn't get to see? *is excited about writing it*

I think I've been thinking about Geno a little too much; last night I found myself crossing my arms and nodding my head while talking to someone, a la Geno's victory pose. I think his habits are rubbing off on me.

Geno for Brawl! <3
Something like that! Even though they had a nice gag about the characters walking into Mario and disappearing, I think having them actually walking around with him and seeing their respective reactions to things that happened would have been a lot more interesting.

Enigma, where are the other parts of the story? I don't think I ever read the first parts O_O

WurmTheory

Smash Cadet
If they added Geno to Smash Bros' Brawl, I would probably make him my main and Ness (or if he doesn't make it, Lucas) my secondary.

However, not to criticize the idea of Geno being put into SSBB because I'm in total support of him being in it, wouldn't Geno be a little cheap with entirely too many long-range skills? In Super Mario RPG, all of his attacks were missile attacks of sorts, and they were all ridiculously powerful. It just seems like, if they were going to put Geno in SSBB, they'd have one hell of a time not making him a cheap *******. Also, I'm sure the Geno fans and supporters would protest their object of support labeled as a cheap character.

-Wurm

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
It's halted production since my second year of college started, but I had a little 'pet project' during the summer called "Square Limbo". The main two characters are Geno and Mallow, as they deal with their fate of constantly being in non-use by Squeenix (who've I've personified into being a gigantic, red, block-shaped face which does nothing but laugh and scream).

Feel free to check out what I've made thus far on DeviantArt:

Welcome to Square Limbo
Welcome Back to Square Limbo
Tells'em like you sees'em.
Once Again, it's Square Limbo
Seriously, WTF???
News in Square Limbo
So Much Anger in Square Limbo
Internet in Square Limbo???
You Heard the Man
Enough Circles, Who Owns Geno?
Newbies in Square Limbo - 1
Newbies in Square Limbo - 2
Deja Vu in Square Limbo
Poor Princess...

And something similar to those comics, but more Brawl-based.

Enjoy.

Geno for Brawl!!!

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Where and when did he say that? I've certainly never heard it.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
FYI, he actually did say that. Some of us actually managed to keep track of his entries of his journal back then ;). But, due to the fact that everything go destroyed, there isnt any trace of his journal. Whether you want to beleive it or not is fine by me. Some of the select few, actually do know what he's said and pretty much know what will be the roster.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
FYI, he actually did say that. Some of us actually managed to keep track of his entries of his journal back then ;). But, due to the fact that everything go destroyed, there isnt any trace of his journal. Whether you want to beleive it or not is fine by me. Some of the select few, actually do know what he's said and pretty much know what will be the roster.
Actually his journal is on this site, fully translated...

...It don't think it says that...

...and I forgot where that was actually said in the first place but I know I read it before I ever discovered this site...

...Though again, it might just be a rumor

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Something like that! Even though they had a nice gag about the characters walking into Mario and disappearing, I think having them actually walking around with him and seeing their respective reactions to things that happened would have been a lot more interesting.
I never liked how the characters walked into Mario and disappeared; I always felt that even though there were five of them they should all be able to walk alongside him. It would have probably created more humorous dialog as well. xD That and I always wondered what the other characters were doing when Mario was only talking to one or two of them . . . For example, you remember the part in the castle at Nimbus Land where Bowser is about the knock down the locked door and Mallow stops him and tells him that they shouldn't make much noise if his dad is really bedridden? Where were Peach and Geno at that time? Were they just standing in the background? Did they wander off to look at something? And Mario got into the castle as a statue . . . What about the others? Were they statues too?

This fanfiction is something that I'd love to write; I can't wait to get started. ^^

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
An argument against Genos inclusion i have seen brought up is the agrument that

"Why would Square Enix lend nintndo a character they cant make money off in future endavours since they never use Geno".

Well it has just occured to me that after smash and after his profile and reputation is considerable raised that Square Enix could use Geno in a future game made by them.

Just something i though id throw out since ive never heard the idea before.
Something i posted in another thread which i think is relevent here.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
First part.

Night all, you sir, SMW, are a kicksmash artist!

Chapter 2, not complete but almost...

The next day started out as a pleasant surprise, the group had eaten breakfast and was full. Geno had decided to ask citizens around the strange town as to where they could find the next star piece. However their journey would be futile as they were talking to NPCs.

“Unfortunately we do not have new information” Cierra said disappointed.

Geno looked down and up at the sky and shook his head.

“Ness do you have a map?”

Ness nods and pulls it out.

“Mark the places you’ve been at already” Geno told them.

They all take a marker from Ness- is carrying markers in his sack- and they all mark the places they’ve been to. The only place they haven’t checked/marked was a store. As they headed to the store they thought about buying supplies, Cierra had decided to do that task and they were to meet back near the fountain. Ness, Crono and Geno headed to the store. At the outside of the store they see an odd statue and Ness smashes it.
First Part

^I was going to draw this...

Next part of the chapter...

Crono and Geno are shocked and Tom Nook comes out and yells at Ness.

“Can’t you keep this kid under control?” Tom says taking out his axe.

Geno eyes get big

<Ness, why would you do such a thing?> Crono asked clueless.

“That’s the evil Mani mani statue!” Ness said defensively

“What is this statue exactly?” Geno asked with concern

“It’s a statue of Gigyas that he used to make people evil or insane!”

“I am not insane! Do I look insane?” Nook said

The three guys just looked at him for a chronic amount of time as they all stood there trying what to honestly say.

“Are you going to pay for my statue?” Nook asked

“OK” Ness said.

Ness was put to work to deliver, plant, clean and post bulletins around the town. When he was done he teleported to Nook’s store as Geno and Crono were window shopping.

“This isn’t an exhibit, buy something or leave.” Nook said rudely

“You wouldn’t happen to have a star would you?”

“A star you say? Describe this star…”

“It’s worth millions…” Geno lied.

Crono is shocked!

“Millions…?” Nook said with drool and money signs.

“And I would pay for it…if you have it…” Geno said choosing his words carefully.

Crono nods

Nook laughing like a madman goes into the back of the shop to get it. Ness returns and sees Geno and Crono window shopping. The 3 remain silent as they wait.
Second part

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I could have sworn I read about this before in this thread . . .

Geno's alternate costumes . . . Didn't someone mention here that in one of the strategy guides there were actual pictures of the fire cape, sailor cape, etc? I've looked all over the internet for them but with no luck. Maybe someone else has had better luck in finding them? I wanna see . . . ;_______;

Enigma14

Smash Champion
It's halted production since my second year of college started, but I had a little 'pet project' during the summer called "Square Limbo". The main two characters are Geno and Mallow, as they deal with their fate of constantly being in non-use by Squeenix (who've I've personified into being a gigantic, red, block-shaped face which does nothing but laugh and scream).

Feel free to check out what I've made thus far on DeviantArt:

Welcome to Square Limbo
Welcome Back to Square Limbo
Tells'em like you sees'em.
Once Again, it's Square Limbo
Seriously, WTF???
News in Square Limbo
So Much Anger in Square Limbo
Internet in Square Limbo???
You Heard the Man
Enough Circles, Who Owns Geno?
Newbies in Square Limbo - 1
Newbies in Square Limbo - 2
Deja Vu in Square Limbo
Poor Princess...

And something similar to those comics, but more Brawl-based.

Enjoy.

Geno for Brawl!!!

I linked these guys to your page before. There I'm this guy: http://impulsivelyliving.deviantart.com/

Also Lunadis did try to find it, but turns out it was trashed a long time ago, sadly. Also For the first chapter of my story, just pm me for it.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I read about that. ;___; Poor Lunadis. *sends her cookies*

I'll keep searching around online for those pictures, and if I do find them I'll link you and everyone to them. <3 I never got the guide, hence I'm really excited about seeing them. ^^

Awesome story by the way. ^^

EDIT: I just found the ending video for SMRPG. Best. Video game ending. Ever. I've watched it countless times and it never gets old.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Actually his journal is on this site, fully translated...

...It don't think it says that...

...and I forgot where that was actually said in the first place but I know I read it before I ever discovered this site...

...Though again, it might just be a rumor
It doesn't say that. Fatmanonice (the guy who sent that Geno portfolio to Nintendo) stated that Sakurai considers Geno to be 1st party but never gave a source.

And Sakurai does NOT mention Geno five times. Sakurai posted random 300 e-mails he received from fans, 5 of which just happened to mention Geno within them but Geno may or may not have been the primary subject of the e-mail and may or may not have been the reason Sakurai chose to post that e-mail in the first place.

(I've never ever seen any confirmed statement by Sakurai himself where he specifically addresses anything about Geno direct from his mouth, sadly. Or any Square or Nintendo representative, really. It annoyingly makes everything we know about Geno and his chances for Brawl more speculative than ever)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
KICKSMASH! oh yeah, part 3

Part 3, Chapter 2...

Fountain…

“What’s taking them so long? It’s like they use they had to use the bathroom together or something” Cierra thought.

A crash is heard, but Ness and Crono are sleeping. Geno gets up and getting tired of waiting goes into the back only to discover that Nook is knocked out and the star piece is gone. Geno awakens his comrades and they look throughout town for the thief.

Back at the fountain…

Someone on a motorcycle passes by Cierra and she sees the star piece. She chases after him and leaves a trail with a paint brush she brought. Unfortunately Copper saw this and started to chase her, luckily the trail left a mess and Copper slipped on it.

The guys leave the store. At the same time a cat-girl (Olivia the cat) enters and steals some items and goes into to the back to see where Nook is. She finds him cold out and she calls the police seeing 3 suspicious people running from the store.

The guys head to the fountain and find a paint trail. They follow it and pass Copper who is trying to get out of the liquidly mess. Cierra chants some magic and summons a fireball and throws it at the back of the motorbike going slow because of all the trees. The bike gets hit but slides off a cliff and the driver hits a tree and a hive drops. The bees see the driver and sting him.

The guys catch up and Geno recognizes him.

“BOOSTER!” Geno says holding his arm-gun out.

He gets up.

?” Geno thinks

“I’m Wario and I’m going to make millions off this thing!” He says while holding the star up. The color of orange drained from it and turned into black.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Part 4, end chapter 2!

Crono takes out his sword, Ness gets some marbles and Cierra prepares a spell. Wario turns around and Crono runs up to him. He lets it go and an explosion happens and it makes the others take a step back. Crono gets hit into a tree and is out. Some of the explosion catches on the trees and the trees start to burn. Cierra pulls him near a muddy place and continues the fight. Wario attempts to take a bite out of Geno but tastes a beam instead. Wario only gets hit back. Ness throws some marbles at him and they explode.

INFORMERCIAL!

“I created the explosive marbles as a defense mechanism to use in case of bullies and odd enemies! For 10 payments of 5 bucks you to can get these marbles!” Jeff says

“I should get money as well, I created the explosion part!” Lucca said ready to cast fire on Jeff.

END INFORMERCIAL!

Cierra takes a book out that she brought with her from her world and aims some fire at him.

“Can you call it off?” Ness asks concerned

Wario sees this and loads up for one last blast. His belly pops out and the others run and pick up Crono and head for the beach. They wake up Crono by putting him in water and Wario lets it rip.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-wwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

As the bad smell is sent everywhere and everything catches on fire the star piece lands on the beach and returns to orange and as a 4 get out of the water, they grab it and send it up.

“It’s best we get out of here, unless we want trouble…” Cierra said.

Before they could however they’re arrested by Copper and Booker.

END?

Luckily Ness used his teleportation powers and transports them to a different area within the plane of the universe…

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I'd read the story, but I fear the shiny can in front of me would distract me. lol.

It looks cool, though. I saw Ness and Crono, so must be tops.

I'm sure it's been said before... but do one of you guys mind linking me to where Sak-man said he claimed Geno as first-player? Or if it's on the boards somewhere, tell me.

Top Bottom