• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Sinn

Smash Lord
Snake: What is this thing? Some kind of...small Metal Gear made of wood? A Wood Gear?

Otacon: That's Geno. He's a wooden doll with the spirit of a star inside him, making him stronger and controlling his actions.

Snake: ...ok, now I know you're just making this **** up.

Otacon: It's true Snake. Geno has a wide arsenal of long range weaponry you need to watch out for.

Snake: I mean, the logistics of it are ridiculous. A dinosaur, maybe. A man that bites people, sure. Even a woman from outer space who likes to strip all the time, I can buy that. But a LIVING DOLL?

Otacon: Focus, Snake. Don't let him get the jump on you.

Snake: Maybe it's really some kind of new technology the Soviets are--

Otacon: SNAKE!

Snake: ...bah, whatever, this game is ******** anyway.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Snake: "Am i seeing things? or is that doll alive??"

Commander: "He's alive snake, but he's not actually a doll, he's a star warrior from Star Road, he possessed the dolls body"

Snake: "Does it have a name?"

Commander: "He just calls him self Geno, and watch out, he has star guns and shoots his fists at his opponents"

Snake: "I see, he may have guns, but he's still made of wood, he cant be that tough, i wonder how well he burns"

Commander: "Dont underestimate him Snake, he's deceivingly powerful"

Ooh MAN i cant wait to see Geno in brawl!! and see what possible things they'd say about him, haha

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Snake: "Am i seeing things? or is that doll alive??"

Commander: "He's alive snake, but he's not actually a doll, he's a star warrior from Star Road, he possessed the dolls body"

Snake: "Does it have a name?"

Commander: "He just calls him self Geno, and watch out, he has star guns and shoots his fists at his opponents"

Snake: "I see, he may have guns, but he's still made of wood, he cant be that tough, i wonder how well he burns"

Commander: "Dont underestimate him Snake, he's deceivingly powerful"

Ooh MAN i cant wait to see Geno in brawl!! and see what possible things they'd say about him, haha
Did you finish the model? JC

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well, if you recall, ive requested someone to tell me how to upload the UV map properly here onto SWF, so im still waiting for that

But the model itself is done, i just need someone to do the texturing and it'll be done completely

I think if i dont get an offer by the end of the week, ill start it myself

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Glad to see people are actually using some of my Support icon things

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Im thinking of discounting the Geno's search for the star pieces, cause the writing style if different and I have writers block.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Hyah! *pops out of nowhere*

I know this is out of the blue, but I drew this up and I had to post it.

Imagine this scenario: Geno goes against Samus. Samus and Geno shoot off their projectiles. Big explosion. [insert big fight scene] Samus shoots missile into Geno's arm in its star gun position. Geno's arm explodes...

...And then he still wins. Hardcore.

I guess I was a little late on checking up on the smashbros website, so now I finally get the whole Snake-asking-about-Geno thing.

Snake: Otocon! What is this little wooden... thing?

Otocon: That's Geno, Snake. Watch out, he's a lot more agile and cunning than you think. He probably won't even give you enough time to listen to to this trans-

*call lost*

Otocon: Snake? Snake! ...Aw, man.

It's killing me to not know if Geno's going to make it in or not... *punches Square Enix in the face* That's for making me apprehensive for six months! Anyways, Geno for Brawl.

*goes to bed*

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well mine has nothing to do with star pieces...in fact, it's going to become apparent that they don't really know what they're looking for...they're just going along searching. I suppose they expect to know it when they see it.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Dude, that drawing is FREAKNIN BADA**!!! SWEET!!!

And I got a Geno Transmission!

Snake: It's a.....Doll....What?

Otacon: That's Geno! Watch out! He has many weapons stored in his body!

Snake:......He's made of wood. Right?

Otacon: Yeeeah....Why?

Snake: My Grenade should blow it to peices.

Otacon: Snake, do you EVER think things through?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well mine has nothing to do with star pieces...in fact, it's going to become apparent that they don't really know what they're looking for...they're just going along searching. I suppose they expect to know it when they see it.
Slots?

Any arguments are to why i should give up on my story or not?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had an idea for a comic that involves Geno taking advantage of the fact that when he possesses the doll it changes bigger by running at the opponent while they are going to attack, unpossessing the doll...it grows smaller and slides under their legs, then possessing it again while its behind them and attacking his opponent

Sinn

Smash Lord
Yeah, but...a slot is more like a conceptual thing than an ACTUAL thing. I mean...what do we expect to see, portable holes in the air? That's...a bit beyond my reasoning for this story I think. And why would you give up on it? Don't give up on it. Stop that.

Hyah! *pops out of nowhere*

I know this is out of the blue, but I drew this up and I had to post it.

Imagine this scenario: Geno goes against Samus. Samus and Geno shoot off their projectiles. Big explosion. [insert big fight scene] Samus shoots missile into Geno's arm in its star gun position. Geno's arm explodes...

...And then he still wins. Hardcore.

I guess I was a little late on checking up on the smashbros website, so now I finally get the whole Snake-asking-about-Geno thing.

Snake: Otocon! What is this little wooden... thing?

Otocon: That's Geno, Snake. Watch out, he's a lot more agile and cunning than you think. He probably won't even give you enough time to listen to to this trans-

*call lost*

Otocon: Snake? Snake! ...Aw, man.

It's killing me to not know if Geno's going to make it in or not... *punches Square Enix in the face* That's for making me apprehensive for six months! Anyways, Geno for Brawl.

*goes to bed*
That picture is amazing. Like...the exact proportions I expect him to have, and yet not chubby looking or anything like in the official renders. Are there more anywhere?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I had an idea for a comic that involves Geno taking advantage of the fact that when he possesses the doll it changes bigger by running at the opponent while they are going to attack, unpossessing the doll...it grows smaller and slides under their legs, then possessing it again while its behind them and attacking his opponent
could easily pick up the doll and throw it off the edge

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Yeah, but...a slot is more like a conceptual thing than an ACTUAL thing. I mean...what do we expect to see, portable holes in the air? That's...a bit beyond my reasoning for this story I think. And why would you give up on it? Don't give up on it. Stop that.

Yeah...shoot.

As for the other thing, I'm giving up cause I can't keep the writing style the same, also I completly BSed the first chapter its hard to build up upon sometihng thats wasn't planned.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
*sneaks back onto computer*

Enigma, don't give up on your story- just go with the flow. A lot of people don't plan out their stories but they still end up looking good.

PsychoIncarnate... that's just awesome. I want to see Geno pull a trick like that on Chuck Norris.

And about the drawing... I guess it just came out of nowhere. I picked up a pencil and was like, "Oh, let's draw Geno! And he's going to be beating up on Samus... and he's going to be all beaten up.... and- oh yeah! *erases arm* Perfect." Drawings come out way better than you think if you have an inspiration.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
*sneaks back onto computer*

Enigma, don't give up on your story- just go with the flow. A lot of people don't plan out their stories but they still end up looking good.

PsychoIncarnate... that's just awesome. I want to see Geno pull a trick like that on Chuck Norris.

And about the drawing... I guess it just came out of nowhere. I picked up a pencil and was like, "Oh, let's draw Geno! And he's going to be beating up on Samus... and he's going to be all beaten up.... and- oh yeah! *erases arm* Perfect." Drawings come out way better than you think if you have an inspiration.
Your drawing story sounds similiar to the story im struggling to write. Hmmm...

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Maybe... I am struggling with it, if that's what you mean. There's two more pages, and they suck. Big time. It consists of Mario catching Geno. And Geno glaring at Samus... and that's it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Enigma14

Smash Champion

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Well... sort of. He got beaten up on by Samus, because it would kind of un-actiony if he just got out of a Brawl match without a scratch. And then Mario is like, "Oh noes!"

And If I drew Mallow, he would probably end up looking more like a derformed marshmellow than a cloud prince... o.o

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Dude....MAKE THAT AN ACTUAL COMIC.....NOW......J/K. XP

But it's very well drawn!

And it's cool that you made it seem like even Bowser cares that Geno was badly injured.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dude....MAKE THAT AN ACTUAL COMIC.....NOW......J/K. XP

But it's very well drawn!

And it's cool that you made it seem like even Bowser cares that Geno was badly injured.
Geno did defeat Exor, thus freeing Bowser's castle from the control of Smithy...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Night all, you sir, SMW, are a kicksmash artist!

Chapter 2, not complete but almost...

The next day started out as a pleasant surprise, the group had eaten breakfast and was full. Geno had decided to ask citizens around the strange town as to where they could find the next star piece. However their journey would be futile as they were talking to NPCs.

“Unfortunately we do not have new information” Cierra said disappointed.

Geno looked down and up at the sky and shook his head.

“Ness do you have a map?”

Ness nods and pulls it out.

“Mark the places you’ve been at already” Geno told them.

They all take a marker from Ness- is carrying markers in his sack- and they all mark the places they’ve been to. The only place they haven’t checked/marked was a store. As they headed to the store they thought about buying supplies, Cierra had decided to do that task and they were to meet back near the fountain. Ness, Crono and Geno headed to the store. At the outside of the store they see an odd statue and Ness smashes it.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Brawlman & PsychoIncarnate: Stuff that I draw is the only place I can make things like that happen, so why not? I'm gonna guess that Bowser had some degree of respect for Geno after he saw his abilities, and they probably became friends after they faced the events of SMRPG together...

If only Bowser was that nice to his kids. XD

Genosall: I never drew anything prior to that page, but I did imagine Samus was acting all stuck up to Geno since he's a smash rookie. And Geno beat Samus... which is causing some rivalry. Or something like that.

Enigma14: That's ma'am, my friend! *salutes* Good job on your story... what's up with the statue? Dang you and your cliffhangers!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Page One: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/dogdigger/sc00053f8c.jpg

Page Two: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/dogdigger/sc000555d5.jpg

I think that first panel is the only one I can stomache... :urg: I tried not to add dialogue to the originals lest I screw it up, so I guess I'll do that on the computer later.
Your art makes me happy. How likely would it be to convince you to do the drawings for the Geno plot that I've been doing? I'ma try to write the whole thing in script format...

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Your art makes me happy. How likely would it be to convince you to do the drawings for the Geno plot that I've been doing? I'ma try to write the whole thing in script format...
Here's a better question....How hard would it be to convince you to do a drawing of all my Brawl Hopefuls? XD......*Is shot*

Sinn

Smash Lord
Here's a better question....How hard would it be to convince you to do a drawing of all my Brawl Hopefuls? XD......*Is shot*
As long as there's a picture of a Lip/Geno team creaming two other characters, then I'm all good with that.

Oh, and by convince I meant bribe. With something. Money maybe.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Now that... drawing for other people ...would be cool. :chuckle: Send me that script, and I'll see what I can do, Sinn.

Brawlman... I could try, although (depending on who) they might turn out like a bunch of scribbles... XD

Why would I have people pay me to do something I like? I should be paying you for asking me to draw!

Top Bottom