• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys, check this out...

according to "Reliable sourced" I.E. people that have actually backed up on things they say they know...

Here is the most probably roster for Brawl

1. Mario
2. Luigi (I doubt he would get cut)
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik (I doubt Sheik was cut)
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Jigglypuff
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Captain Falcon
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Pit
31. R.O.B.
32. Wario
33. Pikmin & Olimar
34. Snake
35. Sonic

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is R.O.B on there!? He's a freaking SE enemy! Primid might as well be playable if that list is real. :laugh:
Because a VERY reliable source said there is a playable ROB (Apparently he's very reliable...)

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
Because a VERY reliable source said there is a playable ROB (Apparently he's very reliable...)
Well, I'm not really sure if this "reliable" source is all that trustworthy. Seriously, why would Sakurai waste a playable character slot on a character who's original purpose is to be a common enemy in SE? Also, isn't there supposed to be one more 3rd Party character? :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I'm not really sure if this "reliable" source is all that trustworthy. Seriously, why would Sakurai waste a playable character slot on a character who's original purpose is to be a common enemy in SE? Also, isn't there supposed to be one more 3rd Party character? :ohwell:
DO you know who ROB is and what importance he had for Nintendo...especially Nintendo of America?

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I'm highly disappointed with the lack of Geno.

I never thought his chances were that good (please don't attack me or try to disprove me, I'm not stating my opinion as fact), but I will admit that if he isn't playable, I will be pretty disappointed.

Granted, that list doesn't disprove him 100%, but as time goes on I think his chances of being in the game are less and less.

Pity too, because he's the one character I support for Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm highly disappointed with the lack of Geno.

I never thought his chances were that good (please don't attack me or try to disprove me, I'm not stating my opinion as fact), but I will admit that if he isn't playable, I will be pretty disappointed.

Granted, that list doesn't disprove him 100%, but as time goes on I think his chances of being in the game are less and less.

Pity too, because he's the one character I support for Brawl.
Hope to hell this isn't true...

and if the characters are right, I hope there are MORE characters than the ones on this list...

It's potentially possible if Nya is confirmed as false

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Hope to hell this isn't true...
Agreed.

Also, did Nya happen to mention anything at all about Geno? Someone posted her original post about the characters, and it's been edited, so... I'm doubting she did, at least about him being playable, otherwise it would have been added into the potential roster.

Did she say anything about not knowing all of the characters?

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
DO you know who ROB is and what importance he had for Nintendo...especially Nintendo of America?
I KNOW who ROB is. And I know he is important to Nintendo. I'm just saying, IN BRAWL his role is to be a common SE enemy and a subspace bomb carrier, which seems suitable for him cause he's cool. But it doesn't make sense to have him as a playable character when he has a generic role in SE . But whatever, I don't want to argue. Especially not with a fellow Geno supporter. :(

So, yeah, just ignore me. Seriously.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I KNOW who ROB is. And I know he is important to Nintendo. I'm just saying, IN BRAWL his role is to be a common SE enemy and a subspace bomb carrier, which seems suitable for him cause he's cool. But it doesn't make sense to have him as a playable character when he has a generic role in SE . But whatever, I don't want to argue. Especially not with a fellow Geno supporter. :(

So, yeah, just ignore me. Seriously.
Well, this is going to sound monotonous from me tonight, but the way I see it...

They SHOULD make this playable R.O.B. controlled by Prof. Hector to differentiate him from the other R.O.B.'s...

assuming that part is true...

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Well, this is going to sound monotonous from me tonight, but the way I see it...

They SHOULD make this playable R.O.B. controlled by Prof. Hector to differentiate him from the other R.O.B.'s...

assuming that part is true...
Where's the link to this? And why is it credible? What sources did he put up? I'd be seriously disapointed with this roster. It's so generic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where's the link to this? And why is it credible? What sources did he put up? I'd be seriously disapointed with this roster. It's so generic.
He's credible because the person that made this list knows the person that leaked the info and how he possible could have attained it and apparently trusts the person...or something. (However, this is only for R.O.B.)

This list is actually made up of 4 different people's accounts on "Inside information"

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
He's credible because the person that made this list knows the person that leaked the info and how he possible could have attained it and apparently trusts the person...or something. (However, this is only for R.O.B.)

This list is actually made up of 4 different people's accounts on "Inside information"
Where was it origionally posted? Eh, it doesn't matter. But I seriously doubt that roster. Sakurai is the Wily Wonka of video games. That roster doesn't scream innovative in the least.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
For what it's worth...

Here is the link to the post of the probable roster, which is a compiled list of information from four "leakers."

I'm getting desperate to hear something about Geno as playable :[

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I am taking everything with a grain of salt :p

I just, for some odd reason, get excited when I see Geno's name come up as a playable character on any roster, regardless of it being obviously fake or not so obviously fake.

And vice versa, when I see his name not included on any roster, mainly the ones that are not so obviously fake, I get disappointed haha :p

All this time I've been trying to set myself up so I won't be disappointed if Geno isn't in, but it's not working :]

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I can understand Ridley maybe, but let's not get carried away with who we considered at least semi-confirmed.

Krystal has all the things going for her but Ridley, Geno, and Isaac sadly don't. so if they're not included in a roster, let's not let that be the reason it's fake.

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
Krystal, Geno, AND Ridley (3 heavily requested characters) not making the cut is simply improbable. They topped the polls and have large fanbases...also if that roster is correct, they only have 4 Mario reps in it if I'm not mistaken (which is less than in Melee). Having 3 Star Fox Reps and 4 Mario Reps is a bit off don't you think...it should be more like 5 mario, 3 star fox or 5 mario, 2 star fox...

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Krystal, Geno, AND Ridley (3 heavily requested characters) not making the cut is simply improbable.
the thing is, Krystal is confirmed to be in the game by her VA.

Geno and Ridley only have demand going for them, and that's simply not enough for 100%.

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure AT's don't speak out loud...so I'm assuming Krystal is in as a PC. So the roster is wrong.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Oh my, you both have the same avatar, which makes things quite confusing :p

I should put that as my avatar just for fun :p I won't, of course.

Also, Knuckle Joe is an AT and talks :]

At least, I am assuming he talks, since isn't his VA the one who does Krystal, and didn't she confirm to be doing his voice as well?

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
Yeah but if she was VAing an AT, I don't think anyone would have really cared enough to want to get it removed from her site..

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Krystal, Geno, AND Ridley (3 heavily requested characters) not making the cut is simply improbable. They topped the polls and have large fanbases...also if that roster is correct, they only have 4 Mario reps in it if I'm not mistaken (which is less than in Melee). Having 3 Star Fox Reps and 4 Mario Reps is a bit off don't you think...it should be more like 5 mario, 3 star fox or 5 mario, 2 star fox...
Please add King K. Rool :(

He's also heavily requested and very very likely

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Just another fake roster to me. Don't put any stock in it fellas. Throw this roster into the pile of fakes.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While I still retain my stance that Geno won't get in the game, I also say that the new list is pretty fake. For one, it forsakes newcomers in place of adding back loads of veteran fighters. 4 to 8 by my count. It's not going to boil down like that, I'm fairly sure.

Additionally, there are some very questionable character choices up there, such as the inclsion of both Wolf and Falco at the same time. These characters start to get really redundant, and while two are okay, three is over the line. Also, Ness is on there, who's been basically deconfirmed by Sakuai himself. Lastly, there's R.O.B. there, who is being represented as a generic enemy. With hispoo pottential mobility, and his status in te game already being confired as just a grunt, I highly doubt he'd get in.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I don't think we'll know the roster until at least the Japanes leak, somewhere between January 24-31(ick the new Japan release date)

Anything else up until now has been fake.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
YEah, if he is. I don't doubt his strog chances but we will see, for now i will be at that other place

BTW hotgarbage you get my pm?
No, I don't see anything in my inbox

....sooooo in light of the delay and everything are you guys going to see if Geno is in when the Japan release comes? Or will you guys wait a freaking month (GAHHH) to find out yourself?

For myself I think that I'll just find out when I get the game on March 9th

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
is anyone else a bit worried that all these leakers that said geno were all just fakes
A bit, but none of the more "credible" (I use that term very, very loosely here) ones have blatantly said Geno is out, so I guess we'll just have to wait.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
....sooooo in light of the delay and everything are you guys going to see if Geno is in when the Japan release comes? Or will you guys wait a freaking month (GAHHH) to find out yourself?

For myself I think that I'll just find out when I get the game on March 9th
15 days wouldn'T have been that bad to wait and I would have waited. Now, a bit more than a month? Gahhh, I'll try hard to wait until I get the game before seeing if Geno's in :p

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Well guys, for those of you avoiding spoilers, you won't have to wait long to know if Geno is in or out.

Just watch the news, if Geno's out I'm sure we'll here something about a possessed doll blowing up Japan :p

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Maybe I should go ahead and jump the Megaman ship to the Geno carrier. It looks like Megamans boat is sinking fast. T_T

Top Bottom