• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
''Sakurai likes retro''
''Sakurai is interested in Geno'' (the entries can be interpreted in different ways, we've discussed that)
''Sakurai does deep research and has played SMRPG
then you'd just bringing an old argument up and expecting us to know what you mean by it as if it was an unspoken agreement.

seriously, you guys can do better than this instead of backpedaling.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey PsychoIncarnate is that Journal around in the net? If you happen to have the link may I read it please? I've been trying to find it.
We've posted the translated entries dozens of times throughout this thread...

We USED to have a link to them, but a few members saved them.

They were on the old DOJO before it became what it is today

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I was referring to what you fanboys use as arguments most of the time...

''Sakurai likes retro''
''Sakurai is interested in Geno'' (the entries can be interpreted in different ways, we've discussed that)
''Sakurai does deep research and has played SMRPG''
There's more proof that Sakurai is interested in the character than there is proof against Geno's inclusion. Nothing you can say can discredit Geno's chances and as of right now, Geno has more PROOF that he's going to be in than otherwise.

Unless you can find me some physical proof that he won't be included. I'd like to see it. And I realize that the poll doesn't mean everyone on there is confirmed but it certainly raises Geno's chances significantly. So significantly in fact (because of his very, very high score) that you would need hefty evidence to go against his inclusion probability.

I've yet to see that in you. Third party doesn't matter and Geno isn't even third party COMPLETELY any way. Stop throwing that argument at us because it isn't a good one. It's just old and repetitive now. Re-read the things they've said about his party status. Then make sure you make an unbiased evaluation of his party status (which is not PURELY third party meaning he isn't third party).

Look at it this way. Geno is not third party but may have been during SMRPG's creation. Now that the creator works for AlphaDream, he is a second party. But he hasn't been used in a game (outside of M&L:SS) since then. So he's like a second party that hasn't been dusted off and used yet. But he can be used.

Stop saying he's too old or unrecognized because this thread is proof in and of itself that he isn't forgotten. Unless 16,000 posts means you aren't remembered, in which case, I didn't know that tibid. Plus, he was mentioned five times on the polls. Sakurai is interested and that IS a good argument because the creator himself is interested in a potential character.

And being a side character doesn't matter either. Sakurai never once said that side characters are omitted from Brawl. And he surely hasn't said that being a side character diminishes their chances of appearing. Did you know that SMRPG Legacy actually held a huge project to promote Geno in Brawl by sending Sakurai several e-mails?

He isn't forgotten or small news in the eyes of his fans. Sakurai can see a call for this character to return to stardom. He can see that people want him revived. Hell, he revived Pit himself so I'm sure he's going to revive more series/characters. If he doesn't see the fanbase and call for revival then he isn't truly paying attention then and his polls are in vein because he would have completely ignored them.

But that isn't the case. I'm sure Sakurai is well aware what kind of character Geno is by this point. And I'll make this promise right here and right now: If Geno is NOT playable in this game, I'll request a perma-ban from this site. And I've been here for a long time and wouldn't want to leave either so that's how confident I am in Geno's appearence in Brawl.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
There's more proof that Sakurai is interested in the character than there is proof against Geno's inclusion. Nothing you can say can discredit Geno's chances and as of right now, Geno has more PROOF that he's going to be in than otherwise.

Unless you can find me some physical proof that he won't be included. I'd like to see it. And I realize that the poll doesn't mean everyone on there is confirmed but it certainly raises Geno's chances significantly. So significantly in fact (because of his very, very high score) that you would need hefty evidence to go against his inclusion probability.

I've yet to see that in you. Third party doesn't matter and Geno isn't even third party COMPLETELY any way. Stop throwing that argument at us because it isn't a good one. It's just old and repetitive now. Re-read the things they've said about his party status. Then make sure you make an unbiased evaluation of his party status (which is not PURELY third party meaning he isn't third party).

Look at it this way. Geno is not third party but may have been during SMRPG's creation. Now that the creator works for AlphaDream, he is a second party. But he hasn't been used in a game (outside of M&L:SS) since then. So he's like a second party that hasn't been dusted off and used yet. But he can be used.

Stop saying he's too old or unrecognized because this thread is proof in and of itself that he isn't forgotten. Unless 16,000 posts means you aren't remembered, in which case, I didn't know that tibid. Plus, he was mentioned five times on the polls. Sakurai is interested and that IS a good argument because the creator himself is interested in a potential character.

And being a side character doesn't matter either. Sakurai never once said that side characters are omitted from Brawl. And he surely hasn't said that being a side character diminishes their chances of appearing. Did you know that SMRPG Legacy actually held a huge project to promote Geno in Brawl by sending Sakurai several e-mails?

He isn't forgotten or small news in the eyes of his fans. Sakurai can see a call for this character to return to stardom. He can see that people want him revived. Hell, he revived Pit himself so I'm sure he's going to revive more series/characters. If he doesn't see the fanbase and call for revival then he isn't truly paying attention then and his polls are in vein because he would have completely ignored them.

But that isn't the case. I'm sure Sakurai is well aware what kind of character Geno is by this point. And I'll make this promise right here and right now: If Geno is NOT playable in this game, I'll request a perma-ban from this site. And I've been here for a long time and wouldn't want to leave either so that's how confident I am in Geno's appearenece in Brawl.
Very, very nicely said Kenny; couldn't have said it better myself. About another ten days boys, and the truth will be here.

Someone get this man a vintage champagne and some complementary peanuts.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

But that isn't the case. I'm sure Sakurai is well aware what kind of character Geno is by this point. And I'll make this promise right here and right now: If Geno is NOT playable in this game, I'll request a perma-ban from this site. And I've been here for a long time and wouldn't want to leave either so that's how confident I am in Geno's appearence in Brawl.
Too long, people wont read it

D

Deleted member

I was referring to what you fanboys use as arguments most of the time...

''Sakurai likes retro''

Well, doesn't he?

But he does. There've been an interview or something. Not the blog discussing.......

''Sakurai does deep research and has played SMRPG''
...... how Sakurai is intruiged by Geno's performance with Geno's ranks on the polls. How else would Sakurai know he is a 3rd party in a Mario Universe? His research, perhaps?

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to argue with what Kenny said. While it certainly is well-written, it's the same **** that we've discussed over and over again. I'm leaving this thread to one of a character I like.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I don't want to argue with what Kenny said. While it certainly is well-written, it's the same **** that we've discussed over and over again. I'm leaving this thread to one of a character I like.
Good riddance. I'm not even a Geno supporter, in fact I'm sort of Anti-Geno, but your constant trolling was unbearable.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
^^^Teeb, I read it all and I completely agree!

Also, I was in the Brawlbarracks Aim chatroom earlier today (where people make friends for brawi wifi, look at my sig for more info) Anyway, I was there, and just out of curiosity, I asked if anyone was a Geno supporter. Some people said yes, some said no. So, for the people that said no, I asked them..."Even though you guys don't support Geno, do you think he will be a playable character?" And guess what, they ALL said yes.

They were like "Yeah I'm pretty sure he'll be in, but I don't really care for him that much."

I know this isn't very important to the argument, but just in case you guys think we are biased because we like Geno, we aren't. If non-Geno supports even agree Geno will make it in, that's pretty good...

D

Deleted member

Because that is all people bring up. What else is there to talk about? How Geno's got wood?

D

Deleted member

^^^Teeb, I read it all and I completely agree!

Also, I was in the Brawlbarracks Aim chatroom earlier today (where people make friends for brawi wifi, look at my sig for more info) Anyway, I was there, and just out of curiosity, I asked if anyone was a Geno supporter. Some people said yes, some said no. So, for the people that said no, I asked them..."Even though you guys don't support Geno, do you think he will be a playable character?" And guess what, they ALL said yes.

They were like "Yeah I'm pretty sure he'll be in, but I don't really care for him that much."

I know this isn't very important to the argument, but just in case you guys think we are biased because we like Geno, we aren't. If non-Geno supports even agree Geno will make it in, that's pretty good...
Dude, I have been through the same thing. Like, my friend is anti-Geno and doesn't wanna see him in Brawl at all but he knows his chances and when I ask him "Is Geno gonna be in Brawl?" he responds with a quick "Yes" not with a "No, I don't like him.". Instead: "Yes, as much as I despise Geno and Mario RPG, his chances are too high. Oh well, if Bomberman gets in, I'm happy. But, whoever denies Geno, whether they're a hater, like me, won't win."

He just told me that today. This hatin' friend of mine knows his chances and doesn't ven bother denying it. He lurks on these boards a lot and has seen some of the Blogs and Interviews with Sakurai. He is also aware of the polls and doesn't even bother coming into this very thread and argue. He knows he'll lose once he finds out he's gonna unlock Geno.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
what else is there to talk about youve beaten every other god **** topic into the ground. All this thread is now is just a place to direct flames.

edit: hehe lucky 777 post
And who's to blame for that?

You, Koarin, Mattheiu, and others who's names slip me at the moment, always come in saying Geno for AT, or arguing against his chances; you've nobody to blame but yourself.

D

Deleted member

What I hate is that haters can't take a loss. Like, they walk in, they argue, they get owned than they insult us because of our fanboyism.

"Oh, you're just another greasy fan boy."
"Buddy, we never asked you to come in and get owned by our arguments so, why insult us?"

Ridiculous.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It's not a matter of hating Geno, for those who say he won't be included, it's a matter of just the plain facts that are out there. Most of the pro arguments for Geno have too much speculation, and not enough actual history or facts to go along with them to counter balance Geno's problems. I've been over them before, and would rather not start up anything, but it just gets me a bit concerned with the misplaced certainty. =/

D

Deleted member

It's not a matter of hating Geno, for those who say he won't be included, it's a matter of just the plain facts that are out there.
But a lot of people who deny him just plain hate them and use the same arguments they hear around the internetz. =|

Machspeed

Smash Lord
ive never been flaming anyone. Ive just been voicing things how i see them. You guys are the ones who have been flaming me for saying what i think is true and what i think is gonna happen. Its your own fault for being so hostile in the first place.
Nobodies being hostile at all; people running into the Pikmin thread (okay, even if he was confirmed, go back to when he wasn't) awhile ago, yelling Olimar for AT with no kind of factual argument or reason besides their own whim, would make you angry also.

Now there's surely no problem with voicing your opinion, but back it up with more than just, "I don't like him, and he won't be in because of that reason."

D

Deleted member

ive never been flaming anyone. Ive just been voicing things how i see them. You guys are the ones who have been flaming me for saying what i think is true and what i think is gonna happen. Its your own fault for being so hostile in the first place.
I wasn't pointing fingers or nothing at you. Hell, I wasn't even talking about you. Mathieu on the other hand comes in here, trolls we debate, he loses and than he goes off saying this sh*t about our fanboyism? Looks like someone doesn't like to lose. But I apologize if you felt that I was talking about you, Falcon_Master.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well it's not a matter of Geno then is it? It's his fans that they hate. Geno's too small to be really hated for himself, and any real Geno hate comes from spite of you guys. >_>
No need for generalizations, I can assure you, all of those who are following his inclusion do not act the same.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well it's just that it's not really possible to hate Geno on his own. The only possible objection to him on his own is that he's kinda ugly. The only way people can "hate" him would be due to his fans. I seriously doubt there are actually real "Geno haters" at all. =/

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Well it's not a matter of Geno then is it? It's his fans that they hate. Geno's too small to be really hated for himself, and any real Geno hate comes from spite of you guys. >_>
he speaks the truth. Its not geno that makes people hate geno, its the overall *******ness of many of his fans, who think that just cause they support him they are untouchable and can say whatever they want.

and at mach: i have provided support many, many times but all of you guys dont seem to think it matters. Appearentl the the only viable support to you guys is the support of your heathen puppet god. (hehe i stuck a religion joke in there just for fun, i dont really mean that :))

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Well it's just that it's not really possible to hate Geno on his own. The only possible objection to him on his own is that he's kinda ugly. The only way people can "hate" him would be due to his fans. I seriously doubt there are actually real "Geno haters" at all. =/
Surprised anyone hasn't said that. :/

FINALLY! No more Mattheiu. Some actual Geno discussion!

What would be a good item from SMRPG?

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
he speaks the truth. Its not geno that makes people hate geno, its the overall *******ness of many of his fans, who think that just cause they support him they are untouchable and can say whatever they want.

and at mach: i have provided support many, many times but all of you guys dont seem to think it matters. Appearentl the the only viable support to you guys is the support of your heathen puppet god. (hehe i stuck a religion joke in there just for fun, i dont really mean that :))
DOUBLE POSTING

That is true, although people come in here and say "Genoz for aT lulz" Now i'm not saying you Falcon, but other people like Koarin and Matt are just biased. I think our fanboyism is just a habit since every ****in arguement is repeated again. "We serve......a higher authority."

Geno 4 Brawl!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Machspeed said:
That comment wasn't directed at you mainly; however we provide a counter argument for just about every fact you throw at us.

Nobody believes their untouchable, and believes they can say anything that bad; if you were around when the Ridley boards were still opened, if you dared make such a comment like "Ridley for AT" or something of the sort, you'd get chewed out by dozens of people. We're not that bad.
Quoted so you can see.

Surprised anyone hasn't said that. :/

FINALLY! No more Mattheiu. Some actual Geno discussion!

What would be a good item from SMRPG?
well most items in that game have appeared in everyother mario game. But i would like it if that chainchomp thing bowser used was in. I know cc will probably be an at, but i think it would be cool to be able to swing around a mini-chain chomp. Like how bout as you run around it swings damaging any one who gets to close (similar to but not nearly as powerful as the hammer) and when you press A you toss it in the direction you are facing.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?

You claim not to troll and flame yet you just did it in this very post. Hypocrite.

Also, just because I support Geno ahead of all the other characters doesn't mean I worship him or whatever. I'm sure you have a favorite character too, right? What's wrong with supporting your favorite? Especially when they have a high chance (and he does).

Chasesin

Smash Apprentice
A good AT they could add is Exor, he would fall in the middle of the stage, slowing down movement through the stage, and dealing massive damage to anyone he hits on his way down

a good crates and barrels thing would be the commonly known crate(its an avatar on this site if you dont know what it is)

another good item could be the star and it temporarily makes you invincible(jk)

You claim not to troll and flame yet you just did it in this very post. Hypocrite.

Also, just because I support Geno ahead of all the other characters doesn't mean I worship him or whatever. I'm sure you have a favorite character too, right? What's wrong with supporting your favorite? Especially when they have a high chance (and he does).
theres nothing wrong with supporting a character its just the way that certain folks go about doing it that gets me. And i said that last part was a joke. There were no flames implied.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how I can be called a troll, now that I think of it. I actually make points. Sometimes, I admit I'm wrong, but I do help you guys to have a different perception of Geno's chances.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
well most items in that game have appeared in everyother mario game. But i would like it if that chainchomp thing bowser used was in. I know cc will probably be an at, but i think it would be cool to be able to swing around a mini-chain chomp. Like how bout as you run around it swings damaging any one who gets to close (similar to but not nearly as powerful as the hammer) and when you press A you toss it in the direction you are facing.
Thats a pretty good ifea! =D Just hope chain chomp isn't a AT. Anyways, ya good At's would be Croco and Browser is it?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Machspeed said:
That comment wasn't directed at you mainly; however we provide a counter argument for just about every fact you throw at us.

Nobody believes their untouchable, and believes they can say anything that bad; if you were around when the Ridley boards were still opened, if you dared make such a comment like "Ridley for AT" or something of the sort, you'd get chewed out by dozens of people. We're not that bad.
Quoted so you can see.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Thats a pretty good ifea! =D Just hope chain chomp isn't a AT. Anyways, ya good At's would be Croco and Browser is it?
Bowyer.

Maybe he could disable the special move button of a random opponent, or something of the sort.

Smithy would be nice, as well as the Axem Rangers.

Top Bottom