• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
Sorry misread it. Also have a headache at the moment, but I'll start the Crono vs. geno comic
Take it easy enigma, we appreciate what you do here. Don't let it get to you, I can defend Geno if needed. Hopefully it won't be needed and we just discuss him and not have people try to piss us off. All we are trying to do is talk about a character we like, if you want to come in here and say something negative about it then expect people to get angry. Don't be like "haha see i'm getting flamed n00bzors!1!11" um of course you are moron, its a topic about Geno which is oviously where we discuss a character we are all very fond of. The way people go on you would think this is rocket science, geez. I look foward to your comic Enigma don't make Crono get owned too badly hes bad *** and he also was a classic character of my childhood.

P.S. Have a cold beer man, I think that will do ya good. I know I'm pouring a glass of captain and coke when i get home from class.:chuckle:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Take it easy enigma, we appreciate what you do here. Don't let it get to you, I can defend Geno if needed. Hopefully it won't be needed and we just discuss him and not have people try to piss us off. All we are trying to do is talk about a character we like, if you want to come in here and say something negative about it then expect people to get angry. Don't be like "haha see i'm getting flamed n00bzors!1!11" um of course you are moron, its a topic about Geno which is oviously where we discuss a character we are all very fond of. The way people go on you would think this is rocket science, geez. I look foward to your comic Enigma don't make Crono get owned too badly hes bad *** and he also was a classic character of my childhood.

P.S. Have a cold beer man, I think that will do ya good. I know I'm pouring a glass of captain and coke when i get home from class.:chuckle:
too young to drink, but ill be honest, way im seeing things my body is moving out of proportion just like in EB games...hehehehe anywas im babling about something...oh yea! don't mention this other place to anyone, forgot ot add that in the PM, sorrt. Anywasy what was i goin to say...

Can't remember...oh yeah! Geno is a secret character, so until Sakurai updates the dojo with non-3rd party characters, we won't know!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Jesus..... Paper Mario has no chance. Neither does Cel Shaded Link and Zelda, 8 Bit Mario, SNES Link and Samus and all these other characters that people want in just because they are different graphical forms of already playable characters.

Bowser Jr and Geno are the only characters form Mario who stand a chance of being playable and I personally see Geno coming first, not because I prefer him, but becuas it's just my opinion.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Jesus..... Paper Mario has no chance. Neither does Cel Shaded Link and Zelda, 8 Bit Mario, SNES Link and Dark Samus and all these other characters that people want in just because they are different graphical forms of already playable characters.

Bowser Jr and Geno are the only characters form Mario who stand a chance of being playable and I personally see Geno coming first, not because I prefer him, but becuas it's just my opinion.
Fixed.

Anyways sounds kinda the same Chi. Also Jr can turn into a Mario clone, unless someone wants to provide us with a visual of a moveset, saying otherwise.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
too young to drink, but ill be honest, way im seeing things my body is moving out of proportion just like in EB games...hehehehe anywas im babling about something...oh yea! don't mention this other place to anyone, forgot ot add that in the PM, sorrt. Anywasy what was i goin to say...

Can't remember...oh yeah! Geno is a secret character, so until Sakurai updates the dojo with non-3rd party characters, we won't know!

I didn't you were under 21 but that dosnt matter lol. I work at EB games haha so I hear ya!! Also I won't mention it to anyone and I wasn't planning it anyway.

I'm kinda confused what you meant, we won't know what?? And he could confirm another 3rd party character or non 3rd party at anytime correct? Its pretty random for the most part or at least it seemed so.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I didn't you were under 21 but that dosnt matter lol. I work at EB games haha so I hear ya!! Also I won't mention it to anyone and I wasn't planning it anyway.

I'm kinda confused what you meant, we won't know what?? And he could confirm another 3rd party character or non 3rd party at anytime correct? Its pretty random for the most part or at least it seemed so.
Meant MOTHER...must resist being immature...

Anyways whazit? noes Im saying if a third party is confirmed again then we see a vid, right? so if Geno has a vid we know for sure...but since Sakurai has our starters up we won't see any characters until after the 24th amirite?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you guys want the first post to be more organized, petition to the mods to make a new thread. They let the Sora thread do it, why not you guys?
NO!!!

I'm not going to let us just fallow the new trend...

JohnAnon

Smash Cadet
I don't see why people like Geno so much.

Just because he was in a game that you liked when you were 12, and just because he had Geno Whirl DOESN'T MAKE HIM A GOOD CHARACTER.

Tell me ONE GOOD REASON that Geno should... No, DESERVE to be in Brawl. Anything good. That overrated ******* doesn't deserve such treatment.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman

Just because he was in a game that you liked when you were 12, and just because he had Geno Whirl DOESN'T MAKE HIM A GOOD CHARACTER.

Tell me ONE GOOD REASON that Geno should... No, DESERVE to be in Brawl. Anything good. That overrated ******* doesn't deserve such treatment.
4 mentions in Sakurai's journal. I win.

D

Deleted member

Because he is awesome. Geno is a retro hero from a great game that made history to Nintendo. If Geno is in Brawl, he could represent that great game. Geno played the biggest role in Mario RPG. Saving Star Road and defeating Smithy was his duty. Everyone supported him on his quest, including Mario.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Why does anyone like ANY character or want ANY character to get in?

Because they like the character...

DUH...

Gee, doesn't take a genius to figure that out

JohnAnon

Smash Cadet
Because he is awesome. Geno is a retro hero from a great game that made history to Nintendo. If Geno is in Brawl, he could represent that great game. Geno played the biggest role in Mario RPG. Saving Star Road and defeating Smithy was his duty. Everyone supported him on his quest, including Mario.
Well, there are plenty of good games and/or made history to Nintendo. But why Geno in particular? Why should a non-canon character that looks virtually NOTHING like a Mario character be in Brawl?

Just give me one good reason that can make me convinced, and I'll completely accept Geno into my heart, no matter how much I don't want to.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, there are plenty of good games and/or made history to Nintendo. But why Geno in particular? Why should a non-canon character that looks virtually NOTHING like a Mario character be in Brawl?

Just give me one good reason that can make me convinced, and I'll completely accept Geno into my heart, no matter how much I don't want to.
Geno was a canon character...

Where did you get the idea he wasn't?

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
As far as third party character reveals have been, their appearance has been anything but random. Snake was revealed in one of the first trailers, to boost the initial hype and Sonic was revealed right along with the delay, most likely to soften the blow from it to the public. As for the last third party (speculating that there is only 3), I think they'll reveal it on the day of the Japanese release.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

*Cough5mentionscough
*Coughverypopularcough
*Coughgetarunningheadstartcough

D

Deleted member

Well, there are plenty of good games and/or made history to Nintendo.

Mario RPG made history probably more than any other Mario game. First Mario RPG game. The first game with a full story line. The first game where Bowser becomes a protagonist. The first game where Nintendo was joined with a third party. If that ain't history, than I dunno what is.

But why Geno in particular?

Because in Mario RPG he was the main hero. Defeat Smithy and Save Star Road were his goals. Mario, Mallow, Peach and Bowser supported Geno on that but also had their own motives. Bowser wanted his castle. Mario wanted Peach back. Mallow wanted to go on an adventure and Peach wanted to protect Mario.

Why should a non-canon character that looks virtually NOTHING like a Mario character be in Brawl?

Just because he's a doll lowers his chances? Define what a Mario character looks like. How does Petey Pirannha look like a Mario character? How does a Shy Guy? Goomba? A small ****** with a shroom on his head.

(Geno is canon btw)

Play Mario RPG. That's my advice. It's a great game and if you really focus on the story than you'll know why Geno is so important in the game.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Forget it, we can't convince him judging from his words.

We don't decide who is worthy or not, only sakurai and his team of designers do

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'm sorry if I've been a ***** lately I've just felt *****y with all the mood swings!

Anyways we should also refer to external links of our character to others who enter this thread and ask for information on the character.

we got wikipedia, and mariowiki, our thread and the NSider thread...any others?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man, I had the weirdest dream last night... I dreamed that a ton of third party characters made it into Brawl like the whole cast of the Soul Caliber games and Kingdom Hearts and that there was an unlockable 70 hour RPG in Brawl that was completely dedicated to all the third party franchises in the game...

Anyways, was anyone else surprized that Star Tropics was released today? It's times like this that I'm really glad that the VC was created and I really hope that when SMRPG is released on the VC, it will spark even more demand for a true sequel.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno IS Brawl. jejejejej =D I wonder how they will incorporate him in the SSE. Perhaps Star Road is bein invaded?!
Yes and it will be...we've discussed this before but there are many paths we've thoerized on

Star Road is taken hostage by the AM in the sense that they take it apart and scatter the stars, so Geno needs to go find them and gets help along the way so he can repair the road again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What we need is some hot rumors that Geno will or will not be in Brawl. That'd spice up this thread a bit.
We've already had two in the past 4 months and Super Mallow from smrpglegacy.com claims he's uncovered some important things showing that Square Enix has contributed a decent amount to Brawl. We're all just riding the waves until Brawl finally comes out...

Top Bottom